PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 737 300 right ignition INOP MEL

Hamedthepilot
21st Jul 2022, 08:04
Hello guys

737-300

For R IGN INOP: in MEL (O) item (74-2-b) mentioned that normal operation is confirmed by positioning IGN R for starting, does it to check the left ignition is connected to AC standby bus?

I have to add the service bulletin 737-74-1001 is not applied in mentioned airplane.

I had discussed with company meintenance they surprised me and said it's not correct and we have to set to L IGN for start!!!

pocker pipty
22nd Jul 2022, 23:57
It’s been a while, but is this the one where there is a maintenance action down on the engine where we swap the low tension leads over?

BraceBrace
23rd Jul 2022, 08:59
Hello guys
I had discussed with company meintenance they surprised me and said it's not correct and we have to set to L IGN for start!!!

Maintenance that says books are incorrect are not to be trusted in any way.

You need an ignition system connected to the Standby bus, in standard config that is the R. On outbound flights we will always start with the R system to make sure this works as we need in for inflight starts using the standby busses.

Either maintenance puts the L ignitor on the standby system and clears the aircraft, or the aircraft is AOG. Simply starting the engine on the L system to "forget" there is no ignition system connected to the standby system is unsafe.

Hamedthepilot
23rd Jul 2022, 17:46
Thanks, now I am sure, I was right in this case, actually I refused to accept the airplane and asked them to rectify the problem according to MEL, So finally they connect AC standby to L IGN and I set ignition to R according to MEL "O" item and start the engine.

Hamedthepilot
23rd Jul 2022, 17:47
I'm not sure