PDA

View Full Version : Indigo diversion due engine problem

vilas
17th Jul 2022, 11:27
Another diversion for Indigo Indian carrier A320. This time to Karachi. Is P&W GTF playing up again?

DaveReidUK
17th Jul 2022, 19:19
I think it's a little premature to infer a trend from a single report - are you aware of others ?

tubby linton
17th Jul 2022, 20:06
I think it's a little premature to infer a trend from a single report - are you aware of others ? Vilas knows more about Airbus operations especially in India than you will ever know.

DaveReidUK
17th Jul 2022, 21:05
Vilas knows more about Airbus operations especially in India than you will ever know.

Then he'll be ideally placed to answer my question. :ugh:

tubby linton
17th Jul 2022, 22:14
The current awd for the PW1127G engine can be found here-https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/search?conditions%5Bterm%5D=Pw1127g

FlightDetent
18th Jul 2022, 04:38
Then he'll be ideally placed to answer my question. :ugh:He said 'another' and 'again'. So yes, he is aware of other instances. Your question seem to be answered just by reading. Check six.

DaveReidUK
18th Jul 2022, 06:49
The OP said "another diversion" (in this instance engine-related), not "another engine-related diversion". We might assume that the other implied diversions all involve the GTF too, but we know what assuming does ... Hopefully he will clarify in due course.

As for the engine "playing up again", well we all know the history of the GTF and its past problems. I'm simply interested in knowing how recently he is referring to here.

vilas
18th Jul 2022, 07:01
Dave Reid
There was another same airline A320neo diversion within India due to engine vibration. The PW engine failures have stopped but some vibration issues exist. This Karachi diversion I am not sure of the problem. My post was information seeking. There is a sudden spate of incidents in Indian carriers may be ten or so for different issues. Added to that in the same period three foreign carriers also have landed in India with problems.

DaveReidUK
18th Jul 2022, 07:20
Many thanks for the additional background.

vilas
18th Jul 2022, 11:29
Many thanks for the additional background.
It's stated in the news that even Karachi diversion was due to engine problem and precautionary landing. At the moment Indigo neos are fitted with PW GTF

tubby linton
20th Jul 2022, 13:44
Two Goair A20N powered with the Pratt engine had engine problems yesterday according to the Avherald.

vilas
20th Jul 2022, 14:47
Two Goair A20N powered with the Pratt engine had engine problems yesterday according to the Avherald.
That is true. That's why I was wondering if PW is playing up again.

Zar_1
14th Apr 2023, 12:44
That is true. That's why I was wondering if PW is playing up again.

As a pilot, if you had a similar issue during cruise, how concerned would you be?

Since the other engine will have to be operated at a significantly higher thrust setting to compensate for the IFSD, and it could also have similar vibration issues (since it's the exact same engine, probably with a very similar age).

vilas
15th Apr 2023, 05:03
As a pilot, if you had a similar issue during cruise, how concerned would you be?

Since the other engine will have to be operated at a significantly higher thrust setting to compensate for the IFSD, and it could also have similar vibration issues (since it's the exact same engine, probably with a very similar age).
Engine failure is Land ASAP. Make it to the nearest suitable. There's nothing more one can do.