PDA

View Full Version : Tiller (Nosewheel steering)

Poly87
8th Jul 2022, 19:36
Hello, I am a student in industrial engineering with an option in ergonomics and I am working on a project to design a tiller (nosewheel steering) for a business aircraft. I would like to have the opinion of experienced pilots with a tiller like the one found in a Global 7500. This may include comfort during handling, body positioning for different pilots stature, shape, size and arrangement of the tiller, type and direction of movement made by the tiller, application of force required, handgrip on the tiller, rate and degree of deflection of the tiller, abnormal situations. Satisfactions and dissatisfactions... Are there any improvements that could be considered?

Thanks for your answers

john_tullamarine
9th Jul 2022, 01:33
Might do better here than in Tech Log ?

redsnail
9th Jul 2022, 09:27
I fly the Bombardier Challenger 350. I prefer its tiller than the one on the Hawker 800XP. It's easy to grip, deflection rates work well, you do feel when you're getting to the limits. Good tactile feel for centre etc. Size is fine (medium size female).

AmarokGTI
9th Jul 2022, 12:42
Can u pls heat it for winter ops? 😂

Poly87
11th Jul 2022, 11:17
Yes, thank you.

Poly87
11th Jul 2022, 11:19
Is it that cold in the cockpit?

Poly87
11th Jul 2022, 11:22
Thank you very much.

safetypee
18th Jul 2022, 15:02
Design to minimise risk of trapped objects, drinks cans, sandwich boxes … oh, an executive jet.

Seriously, a disturbing event if encountered - e.g First Officer’s fresh orange juice glass (VIP) flight, jammed Captains NWS. Subsequent rudder - brake, VIP, not well pleased.