PDA

View Full Version : What is going on at the IAA?

level_change
21st Jun 2022, 16:12
It's been brought to my attention from several colleagues that the IAA's licensing department is not responding to peoples emails or calls in any reasonable amount of time. The autoresponder says it can take four to six weeks to receive a reply and it really takes over a month for licenses to arrive, delaying many peoples training. How is that for the "grand re-opening" during the high season and for flight safety to delay linetrainings after sim checks for that long?
They are still "working remotely", I can only assume it's from the the local pub. Thank God that Ryanair doesn't even need to pay the drinks to have them brush their :mad: under the carpet if so required.

blind pew
21st Jun 2022, 17:41
If its the brit that was the deputy and took over after his boss retired I'm not surprised..
seems that he's gone as well...hopefully something more fitting like cleaning..

IcanCmyhousefromhere
22nd Jun 2022, 14:46
It’s never been the same since a certain Doctor moved away. ;-)

Fly3
23rd Jun 2022, 02:15
Tried, unsuccessfully, for almost a year to transfer my UK CAA issued SFI qualification to my IAA ATPL. During this time my colleagues with Singapore, Indian and Australian licences completed the process with no problems at all. Go figure!

DM801
25th Jun 2022, 04:48
I was waiting 2 months for my New type rating entry. And now obviously Training completely stalled and I ran out of time on that ZFTT. All this while the charge you a Ton of money for a piece of paper.

737 Jockey
25th Jun 2022, 11:30
Had a surprisingly quick turnaround (less than two weeks) for an address change on my licence recently. Hoping for the same when I apply to piggy back off my IAA medical for U.K. class one/licence issue 👀😬

oceancrosser
25th Jun 2022, 14:18
Had a surprisingly quick turnaround (less than two weeks) for an address change on my licence recently. Hoping for the same when I apply to piggy back off my IAA medical for U.K. class one/licence issue 👀😬

But why on Earth does one need to have an address ON the licence? On file with the relevant authority sure. But on the licence?

Una Due Tfc
25th Jun 2022, 14:51

Would that be the one who had a brother in Government?

nickler
5th Dec 2022, 15:17
Hello, what is the current waiting time for licensing procedures at the moment? I have been waiting now almost 2 months for a revalidation certificate.

Steve1968
8th Dec 2022, 07:03
I've found the Medial team to be quite efficient and quick to reply to my emails .

anson harris
12th Dec 2022, 19:49
I've found the Medial team to be quite efficient and quick to reply to my emails .

I'm still waiting for a reply from an email from over 18 months ago.

giord
13th Dec 2022, 12:25
Same boat here… been waiting almost 3 months now… what’s going on?!

nickler
18th Dec 2022, 10:19
Anyone has a way of contacting the IAA other than the standard licensing email? I am about to lose a job opportunity if I don’t get my license.

Bloated Stomach
18th Dec 2022, 18:52
Anyone has a way of contacting the IAA other than the standard licensing email? I am about to lose a job opportunity if I don’t get my license.

Drop them one more email and copy the CEO in. Tell them, if they don't get their act together, you will be making a formal complaint to the Department of Transport. Tell them you require a response within the next 48 hours.

That will speed things up.

meleagertoo
19th Dec 2022, 20:05
Would that be a female one?
Looked like heaven but ice and brimstone inside?

relaxjet
10th Dec 2023, 14:37
Can you give me their email pls?

Gordomac
11th Dec 2023, 09:30
Solicitors letter showing that their incompetence lost you a job offer plus loss of potential earnings might stir the pot. Even a statement that you are seeking legal advice following loss of job potential might nudge.

Mach Jump
11th Dec 2023, 21:58
UK Licensing has been like this for decades. You kind of get used to bashing your head against the wall, eventually. .The problem is that they are not effectively overseen, and there's no alternative.

MJ:ok: