PDA

View Full Version : Seeking help & advice // Australian frozen ATPL to Canada CPL ??

Tsuen Wan Pilot
29th May 2022, 09:27
Dear PPRuNe members,

I live in the far east. And I'm looking at having my Australian license converted into Canada TC's CPL ??
Thinking/planning to land a pilot job ( instructing / small charter company etc )in Canada & having a NEW life too.

Nothing concrete was found on TC's website regardless of the effort paid into researching the procedure/ requirement required !!
Couple of emails were sent to TC's Ontario office for such purpose in the last few months. Nothing heard so far !!

Hence, I would like to seek help/advice from members here who are experienced & kind-hearted to share with me your successful case.

Thanks in advance & Happy Weekend!!

Mann

lee_apromise
1st Jun 2022, 00:56
https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/licensing-pilots-personnel/flight-crew-licences-permits-ratings/licensing-foreign-pilots

Here you go.

Just do the steps the website tells you to.

For medical:

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/publications/handbook-civil-aviation-medical-examiners-tp-13312

"Aviation medical examinations may only be carried out by a CAME. In the case of pilots residing overseas, the examination may be carried out by a medical examiner approved by the licensing authority of a contracting state of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Appointment of CAMEs in areas outside Canada is at the discretion
of the Senior Consultant, Operations, Policy and Standards, of Civil Aviation Medicine Branch or the Director of Civil Aviation Medicine."

So technically, you can download and print the TC medical reporting form from the website and get a CASA DAME to fill it out. Then you need to mail it to TC Ottawa for them to review your results and issue you the medical certificate. I did mine in Malaysia with a Malaysia DCA doctor and had him stamped the form with his DCA AME stamp and the TC accepted it.

Then of course, you need to authorize money-hungry CASA to release your license details to TC by filling out CASA form.

Once it is verified, then off to Canada to do written tests. AFAIK, pre-COVID, TC Toronto examination center was walk-in. I don't know about now. Other examination centers, you need to make an appointment.

Good luck.