PDA

View Full Version : When do you stop grinning?

flying snapper
26th Aug 2002, 08:23
Well, I've bored my wife rigid with this one and I just have to tell everyone else who will spare me the time to listen.

I did my first solo on Saturday!! Two circuits at Prestwick in a Grumman aa5, and it feels wonderful!

Thanks to BEagle et all for their sterling work on the NPPL. It feels a bit like the first time you have "you know what", I haven't stopped grinning yet!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

AerBabe
26th Aug 2002, 09:28
Simple... NEVER!!! Well done Snapper :)
The permanent grin, for me, lasted around 3 weeks, but I still get that huge buzz when I think back to it.
GFT will come fairly close, but nothing beats it. Although I flew aerobatics for the first time last week, and I am still grinning about that... I'll come back to you! ;)
In the meantime, if Mrs Snapper is getting bored, phone up all your friends and relatives, and tell them instead! :cool:

djk
26th Aug 2002, 10:48
snapper,

congratulations!!! It took several threats from family and friends to get me to stop grinning well over a month later :D

welcome to the club :D :D

HelenD
26th Aug 2002, 14:50
Congratulations, it is a nice feeling once it has sunk in. Hope the rest of your training goes OK

White Shadow
26th Aug 2002, 15:32
It'll stay with you the rest of your life, whenever you look at a blue sky on a miserable business day....
WS

Saab Dastard
26th Aug 2002, 17:41
Snapper, well done! :)

In answer to the question about when you stop grinning - in my case it's at the end of each month when I get my credit card bill
:( :(

MikeSamuel
26th Aug 2002, 17:56
Brings it all flooding back..... :D :D :D :D :D

propjockey
26th Aug 2002, 17:59
Well Done Steve - yee ha!

keep smiling!

:D :) :cool:

you deserve it!

congrats from all the EGPK PPRUNEr's and I know there are a few!

Keef
26th Aug 2002, 20:01
I don't think you ever really stop grinning. Every time you hear an aircraft overhead - particularly your favourite type - you look up, and grin. Maybe wince a bit, too, cos it's not you up there.

But it will be, next time...

It's 20 years since I got my PPL, and I'm still grinning.

Grim Reaper 14
27th Aug 2002, 07:58
You don't, try as you might, and the more you concentrate on NOT grinning, well it's like trying to keep quiet at the back of a science lesson when you've already been told off once for laughing. Can't be done.

Well done!!

criticalmass
27th Aug 2002, 12:11
Every time I buy fuel for the aircraft.

Viggen
27th Aug 2002, 21:27
my grin lasts hours ... even after a "normal" flight (rather than a "first" like your own). My girlfriend can tell as soon as she walks into the house whether I've bunked off work and been flying....

maggioneato
28th Aug 2002, 07:20
Congratulations, always feel I have a coat hanger stuck in my mouth when I have been flying, just can't stop grinning, must look pretty stupid to other people, who cares.:D :D :D :D :D

Holloway
28th Aug 2002, 10:51
I cant wait to go solo!! the thing is when I do ill want to do it all the time :)

Cheshire cat EGHH
28th Aug 2002, 11:35
Wow, this post makes me feel like i am the only one who hasn't yet gone solo .

Dham the wx, and my bank for not letting me have that loan :( :( :(

Congrats Flying snapper.