PDA

View Full Version : CARGO Airlines and ETOPS

arakotoarson
13th May 2022, 08:41
Hi all,
Just would like to know if Cargo Airlines, without any passengers (so with less than 19 PAX) must require an ETOPS approval from authority if they operate flights with two engines aircrafts (MTOW<45T) and where enroute adequate aiports are not in a range of 60 minutes one engine out ?
Any EASA regulation reference about that ?
Thanks !

HOVIS
13th May 2022, 08:49
Yes, but the regs are different.
https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/36640/do-etops-requirements-vary-between-passenger-cargo-and-non-revenue-flights

arakotoarson
13th May 2022, 09:56
Thanks HOVIS fot your reply. For FAA it means that ETOPS rules won't be applied for all-cargo airlines operating with aircraft with more than two engines if I understand ? If they operate with two-engines aircraft ETOPS rules will be applied ?

Anything about EASA rule ? I didn't find any regulation related to all-cargo airlines.

SaulGoodman
13th May 2022, 11:49
Thanks HOVIS fot your reply. For FAA it means that ETOPS rules won't be applied for all-cargo airlines operating with aircraft with more than two engines if I understand ? If they operate with two-engines aircraft ETOPS rules will be applied ?

Anything about EASA rule ? I didn't find any regulation related to all-cargo airlines.
>2 engines is no ETOPS, Extended TWIN ops

deltahotel
14th May 2022, 15:15
I can see no difference for all cargo ops from pax within EASA, other than some freight is Cargo ac only. We operate a range of various size Boeings to the same regs as any pax airline. If there are differences at the smaller end, then that’s outside my experience/knowledge.

rgds