PDA

View Full Version : Anglo American Aviation

Rowardennan
25th Aug 2002, 18:20
I'm hoping to travel to the US in the next few months to complete my PPL( I have logged a few hours in the UK)

Anyway I have narrowed it down to a few schools and I'm at the point now where I need to decide.

I'm leaning towards Anglo American Aviation in San Diego

So I was wondering does anyone have any experiences with this school? Good or bad

Thanks

skippyscage
28th Aug 2002, 05:47
they we very good, and very flexable when I used them to gain my CPL about 10 years ago

most instructors were English at the time

busy airspace nearby, and uncontrolled airspace in the mountains and desert also

Goose1976
28th Aug 2002, 15:56
I am about to go out to Anglo American for hour building in September so I will let you know. Also if you go to page 4 of this forum you will see the response someone kindly sent me when I asked about it. One place I can definitely say not to go to is Ormond Beach Aviation!

taglo
12th Sep 2002, 01:05
I returned from 4 weeks at AAA at the end of Aug. It was quite an experience!
The weather was superb, accomodation good (university student hall standard!), instructors good, and what a great bunch of fellow students (8 from 10 were Brits).
One Auzzie and one French instructor, rest English.

If you have the time it is a very cost effective way of getting your PPL. But, as with any busy school, there were problems with aircraft availability and even weather (marine layer some mornings).
The best advice is don't assume that the magical 45 hrs in 21 days will happen for you. During my time most passed but took on average about 50 hours and 4 weeks.

I am in contact by e-mail with 4 of the students there now and 5 of the guys there in Aug.

....and yes, I did pass and am now waiting for the CAA to process my application, but that's the subject of another thread....!