PDA

View Full Version : A320 One Brake Released landing performance

subria023
8th Apr 2022, 05:59
Hi,

I just had a flight with a MEL item of one main wheel brake inop and in-flight landing performance calculation in the QRH has two different delta Vref for flaps 3 and flaps Full landing. For Flaps 3, delta Vref is 6 and for Flaps Full, delta Vref is 0.

What I don’t understand is why Flaps 3 need a higher delta Vref or why is there a need for delta Vref for Flaps 3 at all, given the overall braking efficiency is less. Can anybody shed some light on this?

Thank you,

Subria

pineteam
8th Apr 2022, 07:55
Hello,
VREF is always equal to VLS config Full. With one brake inop, there is no change on your VAPP. The Delta vref + 6 you have in the QRH is the extra knots you need to fly in conf 3 regardless of the failure (VLS conf 3).

subria023
9th Apr 2022, 02:19
Hello,
VREF is always equal to VLS config Full. With one brake inop, there is no change on your VAPP. The Delta vref + 6 you have in the QRH is the extra knots you need to fly in conf 3 regardless of the failure (VLS conf 3).
Thank you pineteam for your response. That definitely makes sense. I guess I just confused myself with the the basic stuff :)