PDA

View Full Version : WizzAir Abu Dhabi.

A320251N
30th Mar 2022, 18:06
Hi there everyone...

Please, does anyone have the T&C of WizzAir Abu Dhabi ?

Any information regarding the company is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

NewMan123
30th Mar 2022, 19:07
It's 💩.
FOs make more money next door than captains at Wizz Abu Dhabi. But if you need the job, go for it.

A320251N
30th Mar 2022, 20:30
I'm not desperate... But talking about figures, what is the monthly salary a Capt should expect ?

Tks !

NewMan123
1st Apr 2022, 17:13
I'm not desperate... But talking about figures, what is the monthly salary a Capt should expect ?

Tks !I never worked at the Abu Dhabi base so I’m just giving an estimate. A captain could make around AED 40,000 per month if you do around 40 sectors in a month. In contrast, an FO next door would make that doing zero hours in a month.

Of course I don’t expect a LCC to pay the same as a full service carrier, but this is ridiculous. They are taking advantage of pilots out of work and they are taking advantage of their own Eastern European crew who think this is reasonable pay. As soon as the market picks up (which it is), people will leave and they will be f***ed.

I’m not one to discourage people from any company, even Wizz. So again if you need to get back to work, go for it, but treat them as disposable as they treat you.

BANANASBANANAS
2nd Apr 2022, 03:08
I never worked at the Abu Dhabi base so I’m just giving an estimate. A captain could make around AED 40,000 per month if you do around 40 sectors in a month. In contrast, an FO next door would make that doing zero hours in a month.

Of course I don’t expect a LCC to pay the same as a full service carrier, but this is ridiculous. They are taking advantage of pilots out of work and they are taking advantage of their own Eastern European crew who think this is reasonable pay. As soon as the market picks up (which it is), people will leave and they will be f***ed.

I’m not one to discourage people from any company, even Wizz. So again if you need to get back to work, go for it, but treat them as disposable as they treat you.

And out of that 40k (I heard it was actually less) the Captain would then have to pay his accommodation costs, living costs, transport costs, child education costs etc. I looked at it and decided I was actually better off not working there. The only 'benefit' is that it keeps your licence current.

FlightDetent
2nd Apr 2022, 03:47
I looked at it and decided I was actually better off not working there. The only 'benefit' is that it keeps your licence current.Understandingly. Cutoff the costs and only what is left defines the income quality.

Also for the EE pilots it just works if they keep the families home. Daddy has an offshore job...

Something I heard of third hand - if you fancy living in Dubai: go for 20/10 with flynas and move your family to UAE. Pay is around 60k.

​​​​

Vinny91
2nd Apr 2022, 11:38
Does anyone know how many bases have Wizzair right now?
Thanks so much!

Alloy
5th Apr 2022, 21:15
AED174,960 plus 130 per landing plus 0.259/Km. In training, only the basic pay stated here. There is also a small housing allowance.

keyur
9th Apr 2022, 07:12
Any idea what is FO Salary and other benefits for Wizz Air Abu Dhabi?

Alloy
10th Apr 2022, 07:05
FO 87,480AED/year, distance pay 0.13AED/Km, landing pay 65AED per landing.
SFO 102,060AED/year, distance pay 0.186AED/Km, landing pay 105AED per landing.

Above figures are all post line check. Pre line check basically half basic salary only (48,600/53,460AED) as no distance or landing pay. There is also a small accommodation allowance.

flyTheBigFatLady
10th Apr 2022, 09:38

Above figures are all post line check. Pre line check basically half basic salary only (48,600/53,460AED) as no distance or landing pay. There is also a small accommodation allowance.

hahahah you going to spend 3500aed alone in the supermarket per month - happy starving in AUH - as another 2000aed are going into the apartment rent, air condition, power and water

that pay is not enough to die but far away to live

Climb150
10th Apr 2022, 22:26
hahahah you going to spend 3500aed alone in the supermarket per month - happy starving in AUH - as another 2000aed are going into the apartment rent, air condition, power and water

that pay is not enough to die but far away to live

3500 on groceries but only 2000 on rent and bills? You need to check your numbers.

flyTheBigFatLady
11th Apr 2022, 04:07
3500 on groceries but only 2000 on rent and bills? You need to check your numbers.

Not on rent only bills - falsely I included rent which is of course not included - 2000 was meant for bills only

santacruz
15th Apr 2022, 14:43
What’s the roster like?!

My Rifle and I
15th Apr 2022, 18:35

Shocking to read this. Can't believe these are true figures.

giord
16th Apr 2022, 05:49
Hello,

A320 cpt with family (wife + 2 kids in primary school). Any chance the Wizz AUH salary can somehow make it or it is a no-no?

Thanks

Giuff
16th Apr 2022, 13:51
Hello,

A320 cpt with family (wife + 2 kids in primary school). Any chance the Wizz AUH salary can somehow make it or it is a no-no?

Thanks

No. Very simply.

Sms320
16th Apr 2022, 19:36
Anyone who’s attending upcoming recruitment event in the month of May at Budapest can DM me!!
Thanks!!

bluelearjetdriver
21st Apr 2022, 07:27
No one seems to cover actual living costs, so, here goes:
- 2 Bed apartment on Reem Island - Approx. AED 8,800-00 per month
- Utilities (A/C, water and electricity) - Approx. AED 1,000-00 per month (in the summer)
- Internet - AED400-00 per month
- Mobile phone - AED200-00 per month
- Groceries - AED4,500 approx. per month (4 person family)
- Booze - AED500 per month
- Eating out - AED1,200-00 per month (4 persons each time)
- Schools - AED7,500-00 per month (for 2 kids over grade 6. This can vary wildly. Based on the Canadian International School, and you will have a woke'ster in your family...)
- Cars - You can lease one for approx. AED1,600 per month (inclusive of insurance and maintenance). Bigger car = Bigger money honey
- Fuel - currently AED3-67 per liter

A couple of things to bare in mind:
1) Rent usually has to be paid in 1, 2 or 4 cheques (correct, they still use cheques here!!!!!)
2) Schools fees are paid per term
3) I haven't included sundry expenses
4) I have not included medical insurance, as the company covers it.

flyTheBigFatLady
21st Apr 2022, 07:51
No one seems to cover actual living costs, so, here goes:
- 2 Bed apartment on Reem Island - Approx. AED 8,800-00 per month
- Utilities (A/C, water and electricity) - Approx. AED 1,000-00 per month (in the summer)
- Internet - AED400-00 per month
- Mobile phone - AED200-00 per month
- Groceries - AED4,500 approx. per month (4 person family)
- Booze - AED500 per month
- Eating out - AED1,200-00 per month (4 persons each time)
- Schools - AED7,500-00 per month (for 2 kids over grade 6. This can vary wildly. Based on the Canadian International School, and you will have a woke'ster in your family...)
- Cars - You can lease one for approx. AED1,600 per month (inclusive of insurance and maintenance). Bigger car = Bigger money honey
- Fuel - currently AED3-67 per liter

A couple of things to bare in mind:
1) Rent usually has to be paid in 1, 2 or 4 cheques (correct, they still use cheques here!!!!!)
2) Schools fees are paid per term
3) I haven't included sundry expenses
4) I have not included medical insurance, as the company covers it.

very accurate and spot on.

the sad thing is your are depending on miles flown and landings to see how much you will have at the end. And this is highly unpredictable.

Would interesting to see a actual roaster in regards to the flexibel numbers.

another thing to bare in mind
rents are only 1 year - which means, as the rent is not indexed like in Dubai, landlord can increase the rent as seems appropriate to them. In other words you cannot be sure that a rent of 8,8kAed this year will hold up next year. Once market recovers prices can and will go up, which means that in the worst case you swap apartments yearly if you can’t afford to go with the price hike.
With swapping apartments there comes also security deposit (which will be returned) and broker fee each time.

santacruz
22nd Apr 2022, 06:12
What is the roster like? Is there any plan to go to 5-4 pattern in future?

any night flying?

Potatos_69
22nd Apr 2022, 20:22
What is the roster like? Is there any plan to go to 5-4 pattern in future?

any night flying?

there will never be a roster pattern until they either get enough pilots on their crappy terms. Or until pilots start leaving en masse due to the ****ty conditions…

Rie
23rd Apr 2022, 06:08
I was under the impression that most of the FO's were the ex-Alpha cadets who just went to get currency back before getting recalled back to Sharjah.

itwillbefuntheysaid
3rd May 2022, 08:14
Hi! Has anyone got / done the assessment for Wizz Air AbuDhabi. What kind of questions are asked? Is there any recommended question banks that are quite close to the actual assessment? thanks in advance.

FL_410
3rd May 2022, 12:06
Did anyone receive a call from HR for May and June assessments in Hungary.
a lady called me for my confirmation two weeks ago and after that nothing so far.

Sms320
9th May 2022, 11:12
Has anybody filled the SURVEY for AUH assessment??

A320251N
17th May 2022, 20:35
I did !

Answered the survey and asked for a future slot, as I probably won't have the days off for the assessment.

MD_Attitude
18th May 2022, 04:33
Yes I filled the survey and received Assessment dates the next day for June 03 & 04 . How many of us are coming ?

MD

Frankym
18th May 2022, 17:50
Do they sponsor work permit?

TechCrew
19th May 2022, 17:57
Hi Gents,

anyone going for the screening has any info to share about the Air ticket; transportation and accommodation? Does WizzAir contact the candidate after successful booking of the event dates? Appreciate any advice here. Thank You

MD_Attitude
20th May 2022, 07:21
I dont think so they do , you have to make your own way to Assessment centre . I am yet to find where it si actually at Abu Dhabi as it is TBD ???

Anyone else got a clue where exactly in Abu dhabi they are holding the Assessment ??

TechCrew
20th May 2022, 14:18
I dont think so they do , you have to make your own way to Assessment centre . I am yet to find where it si actually at Abu Dhabi as it is TBD ???

Anyone else got a clue where exactly in Abu dhabi they are holding the Assessment ??

Hi,

when I clicked on the link to register for the assessment- Location shows up as Budapest. Anyone else received the venue: Abu Dhabi?

Brahma77
27th May 2022, 16:45
Do people need to convert licenses into local ones while working for Wizzair AUH?

Giuff
28th May 2022, 12:56
Do people need to convert licenses into local ones while working for Wizzair AUH?

Yes, you do need a local license.
You get an air law exam and they release one based on your current atpl (if recognised by the Authority).

Bigben66613
9th Jun 2022, 08:43
Avoid Wizzair!

I attended a recent Wizzair assessment and so did 13 of my highly skilled colleagues and all failed. Here is my experience with the assessment. Firstly if you are invited to AUH please for the sake of your earnings DO NOT GO to AUH. You will pay for flights, the hotel (Scam Wizzair discounted price at the premier inn), transportation and food costs. Probably seems like a nice adventure to go on, but after a few hours in AUH you’ll realise what a huge mistake it is. Emirates and Qatar provide flights and hotels, so if you want to fly in the middle east please go to them. Don’t try with these cowboys.

You’ll attend the Wizzair assessment in the beautiful and modern Etihad training centre, rented by Wizzair. As you make your way in the taxi, you will feel the 48 degrees of heat burn on your neck. The only way of living here is air conditioning. Once in the pilot lounge, we met everyone. And the day began with three Wizzair representatives going around with a clipboard ticking your name. Not asking how you are, and a face whipped by a horse’s tail. You’ll then be taken into a separate room and asked by the three musketeers to show your logbook, passport, and license. You'll have to leave them behind in the room so they can calculate your hours.

We were then taken into another room, to be presented with the company presentation. This is presented to you by a failed KLM dutch pilot speaking at the cruising speed of the A321. The SFO kept complaining about his ex-wife throughout. I think Wizzair might have another german wings accident waiting to happen with Mr dutch in control. Anyway, they will sell how magnificent the company is. They will also tell you they have 50 A321 coming in three years and they need you all. Mr Dutch also explains how quick it is to become a captain in 3 years. But yet still is an SFO after 8 years, rather contradicting.

Below are the highly anticipated salary conditions of AUH as of JUNE 2022:

55 404 AED Training Salary (14 087.61 EUR)

100 000 AED after training (25 429.36 EUR)

0.14 AED per Kilo meter flown (0.036 EUR)

70 AED per Landing (17.80 EUR)

Bond is 15 000 EUR over years

5000 AED housing allowance ( Best buy a caravan average price 3000 EUR) (1271.35 EUR)

Random rosta

As you can see this is not enough! To live and work in AUH, just scrapes the minimum. The bus driver in AUH makes significantly more, without having a Baltic commander yelling in his ear. After the presentation comes the NASA assessment. Questions were asked about the diameter of the tyre and how far it will travel. If Wizzair pilots are working this out, I’m not quite sure why they boasted about the technologically advanced A321. You will also work out how long an aircraft will be grounded, in case you need to work your days off in the office. Just like Mr dutch does. Also comes the 14 ATPL subjects, as if you don't know how to fly on the line yet. The assessments were done on the staff's laptops. 4 candidates' assessments crashed, I wished mine did too as I’ll reveal soon.

Finally, it’s time for the group exercise, there will be a problem for you to solve. Unfortunately, I was sitting next to Mr macho from Serbia who would interrupt everyone, taking control, reading the passages in English level 3 incorrect and making the whole problem worst. I intervene with a plan, which worked but little too late. Only if Mr macho would shut up.

After that your split into groups. And it was the four candidates whose assessment crashed and Mr macho who made it through. So if you want a job in Wizzair crash your computer, and be like Mr macho these are the key skills they are looking for. If you have any intelligence avoid going to Wizzair!

FlyTCI
9th Jun 2022, 10:36
And you expected exactly what after what has already been said here?

Giuff
9th Jun 2022, 13:57
Avoid Wizzair!

I attended a recent Wizzair assessment and so did 13 of my highly skilled colleagues and all failed. Here is my experience with the assessment. Firstly if you are invited to AUH please for the sake of your earnings DO NOT GO to AUH. You will pay for flights, the hotel (Scam Wizzair discounted price at the premier inn), transportation and food costs. Probably seems like a nice adventure to go on, but after a few hours in AUH you’ll realise what a huge mistake it is. Emirates and Qatar provide flights and hotels, so if you want to fly in the middle east please go to them. Don’t try with these cowboys.

You’ll attend the Wizzair assessment in the beautiful and modern Etihad training centre, rented by Wizzair. As you make your way in the taxi, you will feel the 48 degrees of heat burn on your neck. The only way of living here is air conditioning. Once in the pilot lounge, we met everyone. And the day began with three Wizzair representatives going around with a clipboard ticking your name. Not asking how you are, and a face whipped by a horse’s tail. You’ll then be taken into a separate room and asked by the three musketeers to show your logbook, passport, and license. You'll have to leave them behind in the room so they can calculate your hours.

We were then taken into another room, to be presented with the company presentation. This is presented to you by a failed KLM dutch pilot speaking at the cruising speed of the A321. The SFO kept complaining about his ex-wife throughout. I think Wizzair might have another german wings accident waiting to happen with Mr dutch in control. Anyway, they will sell how magnificent the company is. They will also tell you they have 50 A321 coming in three years and they need you all. Mr Dutch also explains how quick it is to become a captain in 3 years. But yet still is an SFO after 8 years, rather contradicting.

Below are the highly anticipated salary conditions of AUH as of JUNE 2022:

55 404 AED Training Salary (14 087.61 EUR)

100 000 AED after training (25 429.36 EUR)

0.14 AED per Kilo meter flown (0.036 EUR)

70 AED per Landing (17.80 EUR)

Bond is 15 000 EUR over years

5000 AED housing allowance ( Best buy a caravan average price 3000 EUR) (1271.35 EUR)

Random rosta

As you can see this is not enough! To live and work in AUH, just scrapes the minimum. The bus driver in AUH makes significantly more, without having a Baltic commander yelling in his ear. After the presentation comes the NASA assessment. Questions were asked about the diameter of the tyre and how far it will travel. If Wizzair pilots are working this out, I’m not quite sure why they boasted about the technologically advanced A321. You will also work out how long an aircraft will be grounded, in case you need to work your days off in the office. Just like Mr dutch does. Also comes the 14 ATPL subjects, as if you don't know how to fly on the line yet. The assessments were done on the staff's laptops. 4 candidates' assessments crashed, I wished mine did too as I’ll reveal soon.

Finally, it’s time for the group exercise, there will be a problem for you to solve. Unfortunately, I was sitting next to Mr macho from Serbia who would interrupt everyone, taking control, reading the passages in English level 3 incorrect and making the whole problem worst. I intervene with a plan, which worked but little too late. Only if Mr macho would shut up.

After that your split into groups. And it was the four candidates whose assessment crashed and Mr macho who made it through. So if you want a job in Wizzair crash your computer, and be like Mr macho these are the key skills they are looking for. If you have any intelligence avoid going to Wizzair!

if you failed then do not moan here, take it and digest it. Screening is not for everyone.
Wizzair is not the best company, far to be it, but its not a cowboy place afaik (morons are everywhere in every company). There are very experienced pilots and they are constantly increasing in number, all coming from other majors, laid off due to covid.
It may have been in the past, but i wasnt there.

WAU money is crap. I wouldnt go myself. Living now in UAE is crazy expensive even if u work for ek.

Been in the desert just down the road so, if you manage to get there, well, good luck too. Let us know when you get there...

Bloated Stomach
9th Jun 2022, 14:02
if you failed then do not moan here, take it and digest it. Screening is not for everyone.
Wizzair is not the best company, far to be it, but its not a cowboy place afaik (morons are everywhere in every company). There are very experienced pilots and they are constantly increasing in number, all coming from other majors, laid off due to covid.
It may have been in the past, but i wasnt there.

WAH money is crap. I wouldnt go myself. Living now in UAE is crazy expensive even if u work for ek.

Been in the desert just down the road so, if you manage to get there, well, good luck too. Let us know when you get there...

Wizz isn’t the best paid, no arguments there. However, it is the best option for the fastest A320 family command in the industry.

Wizz do not recruit First Officers but Captains for the future. The assessment process takes this into account. If you’re looking for higher salaries, go to Emirates or Qatar. But you’ll be waiting 8-10 years or so for a command.

Any intelligent person would see Wizz as one of the best investments in aviation and the fastest command. Once you have your command and 500 hours, you go where the money is and you’ll be much better off than staying in Emirates, Qatar or any other legacy operator in the Europe or the Middle East.

Giuff
9th Jun 2022, 14:35
Wizz isn’t the best paid, no arguments there. However, it is the best option for the fastest A320 family command in the industry.

Wizz do not recruit First Officers but Captains for the future. The assessment process takes this into account. If you’re looking for higher salaries, go to Emirates or Qatar. But you’ll be waiting 8-10 years or so for a command.

Any intelligent person would see Wizz as one of the best investments in aviation and the fastest command. Once you have your command and 500 hours, you go where the money is and you’ll be much better off than staying in Emirates, Qatar or any other legacy operator in the Europe or the Middle East.

I think you replied to the wrong person 👍🏻

IESS
23rd Jun 2022, 07:41
Does your contract even allow working for an other Gulf carrier after breaking up with Wizz AD
?
Are Etihad or Emirates accepting candidates?
it used to be a rule woth Fly Dubai, that they dont..

IESS
27th Jun 2022, 05:25
Any wizz Mavericks present here?
would like to exchange some info on PM

Bloated Stomach
27th Jun 2022, 09:19
I would like to give a more accurate representation of the Wizz Air Abu Dhabi Senior First Officer salary package. This isn’t in anyway a justification of how well paid or poorly paid the package is, but a representation of a realistic average earning per month. I hope it provides a more transparent earning potential and can help with your decision making.

The basic salary is 10,000 AED per month.
Every KM flown will be paid 0.201 AED.
Every landing will be paid 113.7 AED.
Accomodation Allowance is 65,000 AED per year, or 5416.7 AED per month.

The average sector distance is around 3,000 KM and there are usually 2 sectors per day.

A modest monthly salary can be calculated by assuming 10 days of work, flying 2 sectors per day of an average 6,000 KM.

Basic Salary - 10,000 AED
10 x 6000 KM at 0.201 AED per KM - 12,060 AED
10 x (2 landing per day) at 113.7 AED per landing - 2274 AED
Accommodation allowance - 5416.7 AED
Total monthly income - 29,750.7 AED net of taxes.

An accommodation allowance of 65,000 AED can allow you to budget for a 2 bedroom apartment on Yas Island which is 15 minutes from AUH.

There are a few posts mentioning how expensive the UAE is. I think it’s fair to say that the general costs are more or less equivalent to western countries however, many things are also cheaper. For example, buying a car and running costs. I believe what’s important is to assess the gross income you would require in your place of residence in order to clear a net equivalent of 29,750.7 AED. For example, a net salary of 29,750.7 AED is equivalent to £6583 at today's conversion rate. That would require a gross years salary of £132,464.

Hope the above helps with your decision making.

airbus-flyer
27th Jun 2022, 10:44
For Captains:
Basic Pay: 16666 AED / Month
Accommodation: 80 000 AED per year or 6666 AED / Month
Distance pay: 0.293 AED per KM
Landing pay: 146.5 AED per Landing
Schooling allowance was recently introduced only for Captains: Up to 3 children, on a reducing basis over 4 years. It can cover roughly 50-60% depending on the schools you pick.

The overall income mostly depend on the amount of flying you do. It can be as low 30K KM /Month to as high as 60K KM / Month, so I would calculate the average based on 45K KM and about 16 landings a month.
Callout to work on Days off increased to: 1180 AED for Captains and 790 AED for SFOs but rarely happen.

AIMINGHIGH123
27th Jun 2022, 11:33
I would like to give a more accurate representation of the Wizz Air Abu Dhabi Senior First Officer salary package. This isn’t in anyway a justification of how well paid or poorly paid the package is, but a representation of a realistic average earning per month. I hope it provides a more transparent earning potential and can help with your decision making.

The basic salary is 10,000 AED per month.
Every KM flown will be paid 0.201 AED.
Every landing will be paid 113.7 AED.
Accomodation Allowance is 65,000 AED per year, or 5416.7 AED per month.

The average sector distance is around 3,000 KM and there are usually 2 sectors per day.

A modest monthly salary can be calculated by assuming 10 days of work, flying 2 sectors per day of an average 6,000 KM.

Basic Salary - 10,000 AED
10 x 6000 KM at 0.201 AED per KM - 12,060 AED
10 x (2 landing per day) at 113.7 AED per landing - 2274 AED
Accommodation allowance - 5416.7 AED
Total monthly income - 29,750.7 AED net of taxes.

An accommodation allowance of 65,000 AED can allow you to budget for a 2 bedroom apartment on Yas Island which is 15 minutes from AUH.

There are a few posts mentioning how expensive the UAE is. I think it’s fair to say that the general costs are more or less equivalent to western countries however, many things are also cheaper. For example, buying a car and running costs. I believe what’s important is to assess the gross income you would require in your place of residence in order to clear a net equivalent of 29,750.7 AED. For example, a net salary of 29,750.7 AED is equivalent to £6583 at today's conversion rate. That would require a gross years salary of £132,464.

Hope the above helps with your decision making.

Almost 15k AED less than Flydubai. A friend of mine is a personal trainer in UAE and makes 20-25k AED a month

You would have to be very desperate to go to Wizz AD. Especially as an FO with a family. AD has great family life but you need more to make it worth it.

flyTheBigFatLady
27th Jun 2022, 19:24
Almost 15k AED less than Flydubai. A friend of mine is a personal trainer in UAE and makes 20-25k AED a month

You would have to be very desperate to go to Wizz AD. Especially as an FO with a family. AD has great family life but you need more to make it worth it.

properly a good picture
i like to add to careful about 65k for rent is set very low. Because rent is only yearly and can go up big after the first year. If the price in yas is that low, it only shows the desperation to get renters now. That price won’t stay for long. Secondly their is a utility bill for Colling and water which easily goes towards 2k a month which is not included in the mentioned calculation. Grocery Shopping will reach at least 4K for a family of 3-4 persons.

FlightDetent
27th Jun 2022, 23:28
Are you suggesting it's time to start calling this immigrant work, instead of expat lifestyle?

After all, it's cannon fodder brought in because the locals just could not be arsed to do this for substandard wages.

captainpluto
2nd Jul 2022, 08:47
Hi is anyone been invited for the NTR Capt assessment in Gurgaon for the 10th, 11th July? Please DM me, also what to expect for the selection and do we have to arrange our own tickets and hotel accommodation?

kcar
16th Aug 2022, 17:28
For Captains:
Basic Pay: 16666 AED / Month
Accommodation: 80 000 AED per year or 6666 AED / Month
Distance pay: 0.293 AED per KM
Landing pay: 146.5 AED per Landing
Schooling allowance was recently introduced only for Captains: Up to 3 children, on a reducing basis over 4 years. It can cover roughly 50-60% depending on the schools you pick.

The overall income mostly depend on the amount of flying you do. It can be as low 30K KM /Month to as high as 60K KM / Month, so I would calculate the average based on 45K KM and about 16 landings a month.
Callout to work on Days off increased to: 1180 AED for Captains and 790 AED for SFOs but rarely happen.
Let me see if I get this right..
A captain makes
Basic 16700
Flight pay (45000 x 0.293): 13185
Landing pay (16 x 146.5): 2344

Salary about AED 32k per month
housing 6700 per month
Total per month about 38700

flydubai salary plus housing is about 57000

Conclusion, a Wizzair captain makes roughly 50% less than a flydubai captain

nickler
18th Aug 2022, 06:13
A captain makes
Basic 16700

housing 6700 per month

Do You get the housing allowance if you already own a property there or you must show proof of rent/lease to receive the allowance?

REMAX11
18th Aug 2022, 11:31
Of course I don’t expect a LCC to pay the same as a full service carrier, but this is ridiculous.

there you go, ignorance and self-sabotage in the same sentence...

777JockeyIN
19th Aug 2022, 18:25
Hi all

I have been in non rated holding pool for over a month. Do they really need non rated pilots ?

Capn Rex Havoc
20th Aug 2022, 00:15
Is that ex EK cnut DT still at Wizz Air?

Tink789
20th Aug 2022, 08:29
Same here, been swimming in the non rated pool since last July

Cheers

TBSC
20th Aug 2022, 20:14
@ Rex
Faculty and Staff | Central Washington University (cwu.edu) (https://www.cwu.edu/aviation/faculty-and-staff)

Capn Rex Havoc
20th Aug 2022, 20:55
Thanks TBSC, good to see he is no where near an airline.

Shazeem
20th Aug 2022, 23:39

Totally agree.
Rookie mistake and not enough fear in the company to get away with it. Every muppet can "manage" employees when there is fear. They genuinely believe they are great managers. Better erase it from the resume. Most management pilots don't do well after EK.

It works differently outside the bubble.

mishaA320
5th Sep 2022, 12:24
Hi everyone,

I was passing the assessment at the end of August. And I do not have any response for far.

Are here anyone with WizzAir Abu Dhabi negative or positive response? How long did it take to get it?

thanks a lot for your response.

777JockeyIN
5th Sep 2022, 20:07
I understand you gave the assessment and awaiting results. Expect response in 7-14 days.

nimrodjoe
10th Sep 2022, 21:20
Hi everyone,

I was passing the assessment at the end of August. And I do not have any response for far.

Are here anyone with WizzAir Abu Dhabi negative or positive response? How long did it take to get it?

my friend waited 3 months and then asked and they said nope . There is much better options than wizz .. in facts I can not see how you can afford to live in the uae on such a piss poor salary

Matra 4EB
20th Sep 2022, 17:02

uh... "we recruit future captains" is what ANY airline will say to new joining FOs. Okay, sure, nobody is looking for FOs who have obviously no chance of passing an assessment for command. It doesn't mean you are guaranteed to actually BE a captain, whether in 3 years, or five years, or ever. You will be given a chance to become a First Officer if you pass the interview - that's all for now. Everything else is years into the future, and therefore TOTALLY unpredictable, especially in the Middle East, in a Low Cost Startup.

Any intelligent person... okay, having no intelligence then but 12 years of living in AUH and 30+ years in aviation - ask anybody who invested into real estate in the UAE, or even just bought themselves a car prior to 2019 about their "great opportunities". That said, it's not your money in WizzAir, so what do you care. You are looking for some hours and a fast command. Okay. Might happen. What, do you think, will happen after you got your command and 500 hours in the left seat? You are talking five years from now, minimum. Do you think that ANYBODY recruits captains with 500 hrs? Maybe another company like the one you are already in now, but go check out the minimum entry requirements for direct entries elsewhere: to have a realistic chance in any respectable major carrier, come back with 3000.

"Emirates, Qatar or any other legacy operator in the Europe or the Middle East..." oh, please! I'm not even gonna comment on Europe, but do you honestly believe that the ME-carriers are waiting for someone, coming out of WizzAirAD, to "come where the money is" and jump onto the left seat of a 380 or even "just" a triple seven? Really?

Honestly, people who write such BS have either not the dimmest clue of what they are writing about, or they are paid headhunters.

Bareyle
23rd Dec 2022, 19:27
Hi everyone,

Hello,
Are you still to recieve an answer after such a long time?
I have been shortlisted on my application but no one has been in contact with me for weeks now.

TBSC
25th Dec 2022, 16:07
More in need of engines than pilots apparently.

High Energy
14th Jan 2023, 18:20
A captain makes
Basic 16700

housing 6700 per month

For reference over at DXB T2 it's for roughly 64K for 91 block hrs. Excl school allowances.

mishaA320
14th Jan 2023, 18:51
Hello,
Are you still to recieve an answer after such a long time?
I have been shortlisted on my application but no one has been in contact with me for weeks now.
Hi!
Yes, l’ve got a job offer recently. It took me more than 4 months since the interview.
I suppose such a long time is due to the silence from the Russian aviation authority. I know that hiring process with the pilots from other countries is quicker.

TBSC
26th Jan 2023, 15:49
From February Wizz Air Abu Dhabi will have the 4th General Manager in 3 years of its existence.

mishaA320
26th Jan 2023, 19:05
From February Wizz Air Abu Dhabi will have the 4th General Manager in 3 years of its existence.
What does it mean for you?

Flyinghigh320
15th Feb 2023, 15:31
Hello dear fellow pilots. I have been invited for assessment in Budapest for NTR A320. I hear the assessment is hard and lot of casualty despite of the effort you put it into. any tips and advice? will it be worth it to spend visa and ticket to travel to budapest?

Giuff
15th Feb 2023, 17:38
Hello dear fellow pilots. I have been invited for assessment in Budapest for NTR A320. I hear the assessment is hard and lot of casualty despite of the effort you put it into. any tips and advice? will it be worth it to spend visa and ticket to travel to budapest?

I would not spend a dime on it.
Better jobs out there for sure.

Giuff
15th Feb 2023, 17:41
uh... "we recruit future captains" is what ANY airline will say to new joining FOs. Okay, sure, nobody is looking for FOs who have obviously no chance of passing an assessment for command. It doesn't mean you are guaranteed to actually BE a captain, whether in 3 years, or five years, or ever. You will be given a chance to become a First Officer if you pass the interview - that's all for now. Everything else is years into the future, and therefore TOTALLY unpredictable, especially in the Middle East, in a Low Cost Startup.

Any intelligent person... okay, having no intelligence then but 12 years of living in AUH and 30+ years in aviation - ask anybody who invested into real estate in the UAE, or even just bought themselves a car prior to 2019 about their "great opportunities". That said, it's not your money in WizzAir, so what do you care. You are looking for some hours and a fast command. Okay. Might happen. What, do you think, will happen after you got your command and 500 hours in the left seat? You are talking five years from now, minimum. Do you think that ANYBODY recruits captains with 500 hrs? Maybe another company like the one you are already in now, but go check out the minimum entry requirements for direct entries elsewhere: to have a realistic chance in any respectable major carrier, come back with 3000.

"Emirates, Qatar or any other legacy operator in the Europe or the Middle East..." oh, please! I'm not even gonna comment on Europe, but do you honestly believe that the ME-carriers are waiting for someone, coming out of WizzAirAD, to "come where the money is" and jump onto the left seat of a 380 or even "just" a triple seven? Really?

Honestly, people who write such BS have either not the dimmest clue of what they are writing about, or they are paid headhunters.

Holy words

WAF
16th Feb 2023, 05:32

I see you are sharing your point view as seems you are way more experienced than most of us and I really do appreciate it but it’s still an opinion. You may share your opinion but in the same time lets stick to the subject which we should share more realistic information and experience about the recruitment process and what next is instead of sharing only negative feedback from pilots never had real experience with Wizz Air (am not saying that disrespecting trust me I do respect all and each one of you) but I find this topic is NOT useful as everyone is trying to put his opinion only without sharing any info about the process.

i have spoken to some friends (FO) in Flydubai and Qatar, yes they are happy with the money but NOT happy at all with the command upgrade process.

I am SFO NTR and did my assessment in Abu Dhabi in June 2022 and accepted my offer in Nov 2022 to start in March this year.

I have a few candidates that were with me on the day of the assessment and never made it then they came here and Latest Pot Job website and wrote all negative things they know about the company.

i have spoken to 3 Wizz Air pilots and they do not complain about it in fact they feel that they are valued and on the way to get their command quicker compared to other airlines that keep you in a position for min 6-10 years and heard in Qatar a guy got promoted to a Captain position after 14 years. Trust me Far East companies take Captains with 3500 hours (500 hrs command) and pay USD25,000 a month.

With all respect please lets stick to the topic.

WAF
16th Feb 2023, 05:35
I would not spend a dime on it.
Better jobs out there for sure.

this is not helpful brother, please try to share more info related to the interview if you know otherwise, silence is a sign of wisdom.

Newcomer2
16th Feb 2023, 11:28
i have spoken to 3 Wizz Air pilots and they do not complain about it in fact they feel that they are valued and on the way to get their command quicker compared to other airlines that keep you in a position for min 6-10 years and heard in Qatar a guy got promoted to a Captain position after 14 years. Trust me Far East companies take Captains with 3500 hours (500 hrs command) and pay USD25,000 a month.

And just like that, you've lost any credibility 😂😂😂
Yes you used to be able to go to China with 500h pic and get 25000$ a month. Not the case anymore. Plus not everyone can pass their medicals.
Regarding being valued at Wizzair...no comment.
Feeling valued because they put you in the left as soon as they can because they're so desperate for commanders is not being valued, otherwise every company in the world would be seen as valuing their pilots. Being valued has nothing to do with a quick upgrade.

TBSC
18th Feb 2023, 20:40
this is not helpful brother, please try to share more info related to the interview if you know otherwise, silence is a sign of wisdom.
Just the cultural fit Wizz is looking for.

Giuff
18th Feb 2023, 20:48

i do confirm. The clown is away from the comedy club.

Giuff
18th Feb 2023, 20:52
I see you are sharing your point view as seems you are way more experienced than most of us and I really do appreciate it but it’s still an opinion. You may share your opinion but in the same time lets stick to the subject which we should share more realistic information and experience about the recruitment process and what next is instead of sharing only negative feedback from pilots never had real experience with Wizz Air (am not saying that disrespecting trust me I do respect all and each one of you) but I find this topic is NOT useful as everyone is trying to put his opinion only without sharing any info about the process.

i have spoken to some friends (FO) in Flydubai and Qatar, yes they are happy with the money but NOT happy at all with the command upgrade process.

I am SFO NTR and did my assessment in Abu Dhabi in June 2022 and accepted my offer in Nov 2022 to start in March this year.

I have a few candidates that were with me on the day of the assessment and never made it then they came here and Latest Pot Job website and wrote all negative things they know about the company.

no worries mate. You never been in far east. Not as Captain for sure.
Soon wzz will start upgrade kids with some 2000 hrs total. You are valued. Yes. Live the dream.

Giuff
18th Feb 2023, 20:59

Right. Sure.
Check online then, plenty of infos about Wzz screening in BUD. No need to come here, unless you wanna hear the truth.
Best of luck with it.

Potatos_69
19th Feb 2023, 11:53

Wizzair group doesn’t and will never value you… You’re nothing more than an expense they don’t want to pay but don’t have any choice.

A quick command at wizz is just the company trying to trap you in the low cost life with them as long as they can as they are desperately short of pilots (specifically captains) at the moment.

fgw
24th Feb 2023, 23:08
Hello guys. WIZZ air Abu Dhabi requires UAEvisa and GCAA ATPL.
Is this mandatory to have before joining?
don't they support ot get visa and license?
Thanks in advance

WAF
25th Feb 2023, 09:55
Hello guys. Is it mandatory to have UAE visa and GCAA ATPL to apply for WIZZ Abu Dhabi?
Don't they support the new joiners to get visa and licence?
Thanks in advance

Wizz Air normally helps you with you License conversion and residency as well as a Schengen Visa to Budapest for Type Rating in case if you are non European nor type rated.

maurimoraes
26th Feb 2023, 20:13
Hello guys!

Is anyone going to be on the Wizz Air Open Days in Brazil next week?

To the guys already there: how is it in Abu Dhabi? Salary, roster...
I read the whole thread and found only few out-of-date informations about it...

Thank you!

fgw
27th Feb 2023, 10:54
Thx for the information.
I believe they don't provide air ticket and accommodation
for BUD assessment right?

flyTheBigFatLady
1st Mar 2023, 17:26
Thx for the information.
I believe they don't provide air ticket and accommodation
for BUD assessment right?

no they don’t
and they will deducte your typrating once you have done it.

Nikker
3rd Mar 2023, 17:35
A captain makes
Basic 16700

housing 6700 per month

For reference over at DXB T2 it's for roughly 64K for 91 block hrs. Excl school allowances.
Current basic CPT 1st year salary is 23333 AED/mo. Housing allowance 10000 AED/mo. Rest of the amounts are correct.

A320251N
8th Mar 2023, 17:58
Guys and Gals...

I did my assessment recently, but not in Hungary, how long does it usually takes to receive the result?

If you fail the sim, they send the email with the bad news right away?

fgw
9th Mar 2023, 02:07
Hello, how was the assessment? I have mine coming soon.
Is there any specific items which are not mentioned on the LPJ or Pilot Assessment?
Any infromation will be really appreciated.
Thx

WAF
9th Mar 2023, 09:27
Guys and Gals...

I did my assessment recently, but not in Hungary, how long does it usually takes to receive the result?

If you fail the sim, they send the email with the bad news right away?

if you fail the sim, they will send home straight away so you wont do the psychometric test.

If you did the psychometric test this means you passed you sim assessment.

I received mine within two weeks. Some candidates received theirs longer, while others received them shorter

all the best

A320251N
9th Mar 2023, 12:34
That's the problem :}...

As the assessment wasn't performed in Budapest, there was no Psychometric after the sim for anyone... The approved candidates will receive a link for doing the test on-line.

My question is: If I failed the sim, would they send a "thanks but no thanks" email right after?

A320251N
11th Mar 2023, 22:50
Hello, how was the assessment? I have mine coming soon.
Is there any specific items which are not mentioned on the LPJ or Pilot Assessment?
Any infromation will be really appreciated.
Thx

Sorry, haven't seen your message before!

Nop... I've studied using the LPJ guide for Wizz Air and it worked pretty well. Make sure you get the FAST TRACK ATPL WIZZ AIR package for the question bank.

I can tell you something: it's not an easy assessment. I've went trough a couple of them so far and this one is quite long and tiring.

Make sure you're well rested and prepared.

fgw
11th Mar 2023, 23:18
Sorry, haven't seen your message before!

Nop... I've studied using the LPJ guide for Wizz Air and it worked pretty well. Make sure you get the FAST TRACK ATPL WIZZ AIR package for the question bank.

I can tell you something: it's not an easy assessment. I've went trough a couple of them so far and this one is quite long and tiring.

Make sure you're well rested and prepared.
Thanks much. Appreciated

Gaspacho
1st May 2023, 11:11
Hello Gents,
Any info on the Education Allowance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

TBSC
10th May 2023, 14:08
Interesting development: the next 321neo which was supposed to be A6-WZI (already painted as Wizz Abu-Dhabi) is now re-registered to Wizz Malta as 9H-WDV. Some ceos on the way to AUH instead?

7Q Off
26th May 2023, 22:36
Hello Gents,
Any info on the Education Allowance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Any info about Education Allowance? Tks

enzino
27th May 2023, 08:57
Interesting development: the next 321neo which was supposed to be A6-WZI (already painted as Wizz Abu-Dhabi) is now re-registered to Wizz Malta as 9H-WDV. Some ceos on the way to AUH instead?
Current PW engine issues in that region are well known and Wizz Air is not the only operator suffering.

TBSC
27th May 2023, 21:45
Except that these are not "current" issues, it started last summer already yet they did not act. This decision was made last minute as usual, the aircraft was even painted (and delivered to Wizz Malta) in Wizz Abu Dhabi livery. Meanwhile it's confirmed that 321ceos will be transferred to WAZ.

lyfabvclds
16th Jun 2023, 15:48
Hello Everyone,
seeking some info and insight on Non type rated position with the company for the Abu Dhabi base. Have they recently invited people that are non type rated? if so what's the timeline like and is prior airline experience mandatory for the Non type rated position based in Abu Dhabi?
Thank you for the inputs

FlybywireFamily
16th Jun 2023, 18:04
Hello, any idea on FO salary? Thanks

A3X0
18th Jun 2023, 08:54
Any info about Education Allowance? Tks
apparently 30000 aed per kid

enzino
18th Jun 2023, 15:56
Do they still require pilots to sign the papers as "mechanic" in this outfit?
Care to elaborate?

ridzuanbinmazlan
18th Jul 2023, 11:09
Any idea when choosing preferred bases , abudhabi, london, budapest, will bring higher chance of getting called for an interview? like will i get higher chance getting called for an assessment if i select budapest

TechCrew
18th Jul 2023, 19:01
Any idea when choosing preferred bases , abudhabi, london, budapest, will bring higher chance of getting called for an interview? like will i get higher chance getting called for an assessment if i select budapest

forget about the UK & EU bases if u do not possess the Right to Work & Live there.

pfvspnf
18th Jul 2023, 19:52
Do not try to get faster interview by changing base , wizz air people very smart , you will fail psychological test

BasemElnady
5th Sep 2023, 14:27
Hello Guys,

any updates for the new pay scale scheme by Wizz Air Abu Dhabi for F.O and Captains.

enzino
6th Sep 2023, 07:27
Do they still require pilots to sign the papers as "mechanic" in this outfit?
Elaborate the BS you posted please.

LimaVictor
6th Sep 2023, 13:06
Elaborate the BS you posted please.
don't waist your time and energy asking, he won't answer he is swiss :ugh:
and from Winterthur:}

Foxtangox
8th Sep 2023, 07:15
apparently 30000 aed per kid
Is it for both Capt and FO?

BasemElnady
8th Sep 2023, 17:11
Is it for both Capt and FO?

Negative for captains only and limited for 3 children. Apparently to wizzair First officers can’t have Children.

Bloated Stomach
9th Sep 2023, 06:07
Only Captains get the education allowance.

There is an exodus of FOs and SFOs.

There has been a salary increase for SFOs to dangle a carrot and get them to stay for a fast upgrade (No fast upgrade. There are too many factors involved)

Foxtangox
15th Sep 2023, 09:54
Only Captains get the education allowance.

There is an exodus of FOs and SFOs.

There has been a salary increase for SFOs to dangle a carrot and get them to stay for a fast upgrade (No fast upgrade. There are too many factors involved)

Thanks Bloated stomach,

if recruited will wizzair allow you to self sponsor for the type rating.
I read one pdf presentation from a recruiter there is such an option but don't know if this true at the moment.
Anyone has info on this

souabnim
22nd Sep 2023, 16:06
Good day everyone,

I attended the recent ICAO Open day event by WIZZ Air Abu Dhabi. Also I was in contact directly and indirectly with a few WIZZ AIR abudhabi pilots to understand whether they are happy and get more information on operational matters, including scheduling. I compiled everything, including the pay scale in a 2 page PDF, which I have attached here(Hope it actually attached).

I may not be visiting this thread often, so excuse me if I don't reply to any questions. Although everything I know I have put in this file, I can possibly only clarify what I had written.

The only confusing part are the requirements, especially for low time pilots. I believe(Although not sure :) ) it's only the Wizz Air Abu Dhabi base that requires 300 IFR time for FO if applying with EASA/UK CAA or UAE GCAA license. and if applying with any other ICAO license, they require 500 Multi-crew time.

All the best!

Note: For low time pilots, Fly Dubai or Wizz Air are equally good as a start, although Fly Dubai requires a greater initial investment $33-39k(Assessment+Typerating+ATPL theory). So only recommend if you Really want to be in Dubai and specifically work for Fly Dubai and fly the 737. Otherwise for those with higher time, but no jet experience, Wizz air Abu Dhabi offer better pay and benefits.

coolhawk
24th Sep 2023, 06:13
Good day everyone,

I attended the recent ICAO Open day event by WIZZ Air Abu Dhabi. Also I was in contact directly and indirectly with a few WIZZ AIR abudhabi pilots to understand whether they are happy and get more information on operational matters, including scheduling. I compiled everything, including the pay scale in a 2 page PDF, which I have attached here(Hope it actually attached).

I may not be visiting this thread often, so excuse me if I don't reply to any questions. Although everything I know I have put in this file, I can possibly only clarify what I had written.

The only confusing part are the requirements, especially for low time pilots. I believe(Although not sure :) ) it's only the Wizz Air Abu Dhabi base that requires 300 IFR time for FO if applying with EASA/UK CAA or UAE GCAA license. and if applying with any other ICAO license, they require 500 Multi-crew time.

All the best!

Note: For low time pilots, Fly Dubai or Wizz Air are equally good as a start, although Fly Dubai requires a greater initial investment $33-39k(Assessment+Typerating+ATPL theory). So only recommend if you Really want to be in Dubai and specifically work for Fly Dubai and fly the 737. Otherwise for those with higher time, but no jet experience, Wizz air Abu Dhabi offer better pay and benefits.

Thank you for sharing this info. so based on this SFO get paid only 10000 basic + 5200 training pay only during the training period ? or only 5200 . any info on this ?

souabnim
24th Sep 2023, 06:29
Thank you for sharing this info. so based on this SFO get paid only 10000 basic + 5200 training pay only during the training period ? or only 5200 . any info on this ?

you’re welcome!

in their slideshow, they mentioned that during training you will be paid Basic only, but their “ Training” Basic is lower than their “Operational” Basic, Operational being after completing Line check which is likely after 60 sectors, maybe two months.

so for the first month, which would be the type rating. Accommodation and transportation are provided as well as a Basic pay of 5,200 AED a month for SFO, at least that’s my understanding. Also flight arrangements provided to the training location, which might be in Budapest Hungary or maybe in the UAE.

attached is the slide depicting basic pay(yearly) during training and after line check.

I couldn’t get my questions answered clearly on the training process/period. But based on little info. I think it’s :

1-2 months : Type rating
1-1.5 months : online company training, SOPs?!
2 months : Line training

there might be another 1-2 months in between for licensing issuance but I am not sure.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1050x603/img_4973_c5230ae97380af6e0270707d7ebdad7589a5752a.jpeg

Airmann
26th Sep 2023, 18:07
So no yearly increment? Any school allowance?

souabnim
27th Sep 2023, 00:22
For the Captain only!

3 kids, 30K AED a year each

Increment per every 1000 PIC hours flown with WIZZ air, 800 AED increase in salary per month.

BasemElnady
27th Sep 2023, 10:39
you’re welcome!

in their slideshow, they mentioned that during training you will be paid Basic only, but their “ Training” Basic is lower than their “Operational” Basic, Operational being after completing Line check which is likely after 60 sectors, maybe two months.

so for the first month, which would be the type rating. Accommodation and transportation are provided as well as a Basic pay of 5,200 AED a month for SFO, at least that’s my understanding. Also flight arrangements provided to the training location, which might be in Budapest Hungary or maybe in the UAE.

attached is the slide depicting basic pay(yearly) during training and after line check.

I couldn’t get my questions answered clearly on the training process/period. But based on little info. I think it’s :

1-2 months : Type rating
1-1.5 months : online company training, SOPs?!
2 months : Line training

there might be another 1-2 months in between for licensing issuance but I am not sure.

Thanks for your efforts to summarize the data about Wizzair. From my understanding that they pay you the 5200 AED ( 1400USD ) plus accommodation only during Training. From looking online about living cost in Abu Dhabi. It is gonna be so freaken hard to live on that amount 6-8 months. They should make the training pay for captains and FO same as it is only to make a living not to live fancy. Wizzair should consider this in my opinion to attract SFO.

souabnim
28th Sep 2023, 10:54
Thanks for your efforts to summarize the data about Wizzair. From my understanding that they pay you the 5200 AED ( 1400USD ) plus accommodation only during Training. From looking online about living cost in Abu Dhabi. It is gonna be so freaken hard to live on that amount 6-8 months. They should make the training pay for captains and FO same as it is only to make a living not to live fancy. Wizzair should consider this in my opinion to attract SFO.

You’re welcome!

indeed that amount is not a lot, but consider that FlyDubai doesn’t provide any pay at all during type rating training and company training before joining the company, which is about 4 months in total at least, except that when you start flying they do provide 12k a month till the line check is complete.

Before considering WIZZ Air. I would personally want to have at least $10k saved up to assist with living costs in the UAE, $20k would be even better. Consider also that Fly Dubai requires a significant initial investment to join them, about $39k.

but while you are trying to run some numbers. Consider renting a studio in Al reef downtown, that’s about 2,500 AED a month. 500 for utilities, 500 for internet and mobile phone bill. Rest is enough for groceries only. So nothing left for your own transportation or other expenses.

BasemElnady
28th Sep 2023, 11:46
You’re welcome!

indeed that amount is not a lot, but consider that FlyDubai doesn’t provide any pay at all during type rating training and company training before joining the company, which is about 4 months in total at least, except that when you start flying they do provide 12k a month till the line check is complete.

Before considering WIZZ Air. I would personally want to have at least $10k saved up to assist with living costs in the UAE, $20k would be even better. Consider also that Fly Dubai requires a significant initial investment to join them, about $39k.

but while you are trying to run some numbers. Consider renting a studio in Al reef downtown, that’s about 2,500 AED a month. 500 for utilities, 500 for internet and mobile phone bill. Rest is enough for groceries only. So nothing left for your own transportation or other expenses.

Hello again,

i agree with you that might be a good deal for low hour pilots with no type rating nor jet time. But for someone who is flying alright for an airline it is gonna be really hard to leave for that offer.

coolhawk
28th Sep 2023, 16:21
I think yesterday and today wizzair conduct assessment for abudhabi base. ( 27 and 28 sept ) .
any info on this ?

magenta magnet
29th Sep 2023, 05:50
well my mate just got the "you have not been selected" and he has almost 8000hrs total time, large turboprops captain, but no jet time. Hasn't flown in a while but all licence current and valid with yearly instrument renewal done.

go figure what they want... it's clearly turning into another Ryan Air or Easy Jet

flareflyer
29th Sep 2023, 11:39
You’re welcome!

where did you hear about flydubay???
I joined as DEC non type rated and from day 1 I was fully paid, that means basic plus house allowance plus medical and all the other benefits.
same was for FOs.
WizzAir is a real scam but that is only my personal opinion.
30.000 school allowance covers barely 50/60 % of the total cost for one year.
I might understand if you don’t have a job and need to get back in recency but for any other case WizzAir offer is a real offense!!!!

Foxtangox
29th Sep 2023, 14:17
where did you hear about flydubay???
I joined as DEC non type rated and from day 1 I was fully paid, that means basic plus house allowance plus medical and all the other benefits.
same was for FOs.
WizzAir is a real scam but that is only my personal opinion.
30.000 school allowance covers barely 50/60 % of the total cost for one year.
I might understand if you don’t have a job and need to get back in recency but for any other case WizzAir offer is a real offense!!!!

I think @soubnim is referring to ab-initio pilots level

Foxtangox
29th Sep 2023, 14:19
Good day everyone,

All the best!

You may refer to to above quote

FlightDetent
29th Sep 2023, 15:33
.. it's clearly turning into another Ryan Air or Easy Jet ehm, .... many an insider wish they did :\

To answer your question I did not quote:
most certainly they are not looking for mature people who would get current, type-rated and then run away as far as possible after 3 yrs and 2000 hrs.

Quite the opposite, and despite remaining weaselish one cannot really blame any such HR policy.

magenta magnet
30th Sep 2023, 04:27
ehm, .... many an insider wish they did :\

To answer your question I did not quote:
most certainly they are not looking for mature people who would get current, type-rated and then run away as far as possible after 3 yrs and 2000 hrs.

Quite the opposite, and despite remaining weaselish one cannot really blame any such HR policy.

Where do you come up with the idea that you now suddenly know what the future holds for any particular person? The older the person the better because they are more stable and are not interesting in jumping around 24/7 like the 20 year olds. On top of that does anybody really care where one person decides to go? You are paying for the rating anyway so there is no cost to the company at all. And finally, people only run as far as possible from a company when that company is dreadful to work for, maybe HR should look at themselves in the mirror for that debacle.

FlightDetent
30th Sep 2023, 21:04
Wizzair's model is partly successful because they master their HR policies well. In this case, target-hiring for people who are gullible, too young and lacking experience to recognize how badly short is their end of the stick.

The description above is of someone for whom they hold no carrot (home-country base, PIC upgrade. bond) and would be immediately qualified to apply elsewhere.

cruisepower
3rd Oct 2023, 10:17
You may refer to to above quote

I have over 4000 hrs of turboprop time, applied wizz Abu Dhabi over an year ago and heard nothing from them. Do low hr people are really being hired into AUH base?

coolhawk
3rd Oct 2023, 12:01
I have over 4000 hrs of turboprop time, applied wizz Abu Dhabi over an year ago and heard nothing from them. Do low hr people are really being hired into AUH base?

Yes , looks like they prefer 320 rated pilots . My friend applied 4 or 5 months ago. He got only 1500 total hrs including airbus. They called him for assessment already.

Airmann
3rd Oct 2023, 14:19
Anyone who has more information (preferably is on the inside or knows someone on the inside) please msg me.

cvchetan
25th Oct 2023, 19:39
Any update as to what is happing on the hiring front in Abu Dhabi. Heard things had slowed down..

cryptoknight
13th Jan 2024, 09:08
brother are you working at WIzz air now?

cryptoknight
13th Jan 2024, 12:14
Hi! Has anyone got / done the assessment for Wizz Air AbuDhabi. What kind of questions are asked? Is there any recommended question banks that are quite close to the actual assessment? thanks in advance.
Are you with Wizz air already bro?

Bloated Stomach
13th Jan 2024, 15:30
Any update as to what is happing on the hiring front in Abu Dhabi. Heard things had slowed down..

All hiring stopped. They're over recruited.

cryptoknight
17th Jan 2024, 16:51
When will they start hiring again

avia12
4th Mar 2024, 03:49
any one called for an interview?

Aviator64
27th Apr 2024, 23:08
Hello guys I applied for Wizz Abu Dhabi, and after submitting the application, and once I fill up the hours link send by the recruitment. I am getting automated rejection. Even though I have met all the requirements. I currently fly A320 FO with 1500 Hrs. Does any one know how to solve this issue?

coolhawk
28th Apr 2024, 03:46
Hello guys I applied for Wizz Abu Dhabi, and after submitting the application, and once I fill up the hours link send by the recruitment. I am getting automated rejection. Even though I have met all the requirements. I currently fly A320 FO with 1500 Hrs. Does any one know how to solve this issue?

If you choose No atpl / No gcaa atpl then it will auto reject.

Aviator64
28th Apr 2024, 13:30
If you choose No atpl / No gcaa atpl then it will auto reject.

there is no option saying GCAA ATPL on the licence type column ( flight experience link)

SunnyTheSemen
28th Apr 2024, 20:12
Surely nobody is applying for this

Aviator64
1st May 2024, 07:08
Hello guys how long will I have to wait to get an assessment after getting your application approved at Wizz Air ?

AK7
1st May 2024, 09:26
Does anyone know how to apply for Wizz Air Abu Dhabi?

I've ICAO license and looking for first job. Any idea how to apply in Wizz Air Abu Dhabi?

zxsoarer
2nd May 2024, 07:34
Does anyone know how to apply for Wizz Air Abu Dhabi?

I've ICAO license and looking for first job. Any idea how to apply in Wizz Air Abu Dhabi?
You cannot apply without ATPL, they only want experienced first-officers unfortunately.