View Full Version : Emirates Application 2022

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

decrab
4th Feb 2024, 10:22
It's 29 now.

I'm in the process now, and it's been reduced recently.

Hi there, I have been waiting since one year since my application and haven’t yet received a call back. Can you please DM me and maybe share some insights as to the recruitment process? Are people getting called? Etc

And congrats to you!

poach
5th Feb 2024, 01:20
Any idea when they’ll be hiring candidates who aren’t current on Boeing or airbus but have prior experience on one or the other?

teamflyer
11th Feb 2024, 03:31
if being able to choose your days off and having the lifestyle/flexibility to do other study is important to you then it is absolutely one of the last places you should consider.

so Emirates pilots can’t choose their days off? I always was keen on living in dubai, the city just attracts me. Even though I get treated well here at a US legacy but I would think the qol should be ok, Dubai seems like a dream city and if able to choose days off then that would be a good qol improvement. In terms of training and quals, I heard that it can be tuff but as long as you know your stuff then it’s alright. Which the same could be said for the US

gehenna
11th Feb 2024, 05:33
Teamflyer

You cannot chose your days off. Your only occasional hope is when your bid-group is at the top, then you have a chance, but don’t bank on it.

Flamengo
11th Feb 2024, 05:49
Hi Decrab,

I suggest you email the recruitment department, their email can be found at Emirates>Pilots>FAQ.

All the best.

Aero_manoloman
11th Feb 2024, 14:02
Any idea when they’ll be hiring candidates who aren’t current on Boeing or airbus but have prior experience on one or the other?
This is one of those things they wouldn't confirm or deny during the assessment/roadshow. They hire with previous experience also because of training scheduling (The course if you have previous Boeing or Airbus experience is shorter). I got my course date about 5 months after I passed the assessment so I assume training is super busy. They wouldn't say if they would or wouldn't hire people without type experience in the future. They also didn't want to comment on hiring Boeing DEC.

They did say that even if you don't have Boeing or Airbus experience you should still apply. You'll be in their database and they might call you if anything changes.

TheSkiingPilot
11th Feb 2024, 16:06
This is one of those things they wouldn't confirm or deny during the assessment/roadshow. They hire with previous experience also because of training scheduling (The course if you have previous Boeing or Airbus experience is shorter). I got my course date about 5 months after I passed the assessment so I assume training is super busy. They wouldn't say if they would or wouldn't hire people without type experience in the future. They also didn't want to comment on hiring Boeing DEC.

They did say that even if you don't have Boeing or Airbus experience you should still apply. You'll be in their database and they might call you if anything changes.

Aeromanoloman when did you pass the assessments? Just wondering how long it takes from passing the final phase of the assessment process to starting initial training. I’ve heard many different things, some say a few months some say close to a year. Thanks

decrab
11th Feb 2024, 20:22
Hi Decrab,

I suggest you email the recruitment department, their email can be found at Emirates>Pilots>FAQ.

All the best.

Hi Flamengo,

Thank you for your reply.

I have emailed them previously and have not received any definitive response. I’m kind of left in the limbo at the moment and it is a bit disheartening.

Thanks.

Aero_manoloman
12th Feb 2024, 06:04
Aeromanoloman when did you pass the assessments? Just wondering how long it takes from passing the final phase of the assessment process to starting initial training. I’ve heard many different things, some say a few months some say close to a year. Thanks

In August I did my assessment in Dubai and I got the positive answer the day after I returned to my country. From then on it's all about finding dates and ticking certain boxes for Emirates to send you a contract. In Dubai they told us that courses were packed and that they expected ours to start around February (6 months). That was just our case. I can't say if other people joined at a time were the training department was less busy and they waited less or more. You have a fair level of control on your joining date so I'm sure that if for any reason you'd want to join at a later date they'd grant it if they can. You can also state that you want to start earlier and if someone drops out they might put you in earlier. Throughout the whole process you're assigned an onboarding coordinator and the communication is very fluid. You're also given access to an onboarding portal with all the information you need and some paperwork to be done (About Staff Travel, relocation and VISA arrangements). During the wait you'll also do some e-learning (Airplane CBT and various OPS courses).

TheSkiingPilot
12th Feb 2024, 20:59
In August I did my assessment in Dubai and I got the positive answer the day after I returned to my country. From then on it's all about finding dates and ticking certain boxes for Emirates to send you a contract. In Dubai they told us that courses were packed and that they expected ours to start around February (6 months). That was just our case. I can't say if other people joined at a time were the training department was less busy and they waited less or more. You have a fair level of control on your joining date so I'm sure that if for any reason you'd want to join at a later date they'd grant it if they can. You can also state that you want to start earlier and if someone drops out they might put you in earlier. Throughout the whole process you're assigned an onboarding coordinator and the communication is very fluid. You're also given access to an onboarding portal with all the information you need and some paperwork to be done (About Staff Travel, relocation and VISA arrangements). During the wait you'll also do some e-learning (Airplane CBT and various OPS courses).

Awesome thanks for the reply. Nice to know there’s a little control over the starting date.

Aero_manoloman
13th Feb 2024, 07:22
Awesome thanks for the reply. Nice to know there’s a little control over the starting date.
You have a lot of control throughout the whole process. You set your own dates for the online interview, your trip to Dubai for the assessment and for your date of joining. I know someone who delayed his course almost a full year (they were in the middle of having a baby).

Skylord330
27th Feb 2024, 16:22
Hi all, anyone passed assessments in the last few months of 2023 and still waiting on a start date? Boeing or Airbus?

can you describe the process please? What kind of questions did they ask in interviews? And what exercise did you do in sim?
that would be very helpful for guys like me. Thank you in advance!

runway07
5th Mar 2024, 01:37
any thoughts on what knd of questions i should expect for inital digial interview?
thanks a lot everyone

Aero_manoloman
5th Mar 2024, 07:55
any thoughts on what knd of questions i should expect for inital digial interview?
thanks a lot everyone

They're usually TMAAT questions (Tell me about a time). They'll ask you about situations that you've experienced before, how you dealt with them and what you learned from them (malfunctions, CRM issues, non-standard situations, etc). They'll want a lot of details and ask for more and more so prepare by writing some stuff down, gather dates and details and organize your ideas. Make sure to include CRM and other concepts and terminology you would find in training scenarios and case studies (for example time pressure, authority gradient, situational awareness, confirmation bias, etc). Be honest when you talk about your mistakes and be reasonable whenever you talk about how you saved the day.

In the website latestpilotjobs .com they have an Emirates specific interview preparation package (costs some money) and they have a forum where people talk about this in detail. Using that website is kind of a must to prepare for the whole process.

ssssuper
5th Mar 2024, 13:00
Any rumours or speculation about Boeing DEC?

Aero_manoloman
5th Mar 2024, 21:37
I've been asking and there's no clear rumours just speculation about what'll happen when Riyadh Air start snatching people or if some news come from Boeing. The official statement I got was that it may or may not happen in the future. They were clear about recommending people interested in Boeing DEC to create an application profile stating interest in case anything changes.

apt737
6th Mar 2024, 00:36
I've been asking and there's no clear rumours just speculation about what'll happen when Riyadh Air start snatching people or if some news come from Boeing. The official statement I got was that it may or may not happen in the future. They were clear about recommending people interested in Boeing DEC to create an application profile stating interest in case anything changes.

Hello, may I Ask, what does Boeing DEC mean? Is about starting course dates in December? hiring?

Thank you

gehenna
6th Mar 2024, 14:01
apt737

DEC = Direct Entry Command

Bringanotherengine
15th Mar 2024, 01:02
Hi

Can someone please advise what friend/special tickets pilots at ek get for non family ?

Confirmed ? Buisiness for kids under 13?

Thanks for the info

jkony
15th Mar 2024, 03:47
Hi,

how does a "typical" 777 FO roster look like? I understand there is a seniority rotation bidding system, but is it generally possible to get lets say 5-6 OFF days in a row and travel home for a few days?

Aero_manoloman
15th Mar 2024, 04:02
Hi,

how does a "typical" 777 FO roster look like? I understand there is a seniority rotation bidding system, but is it generally possible to get lets say 5-6 OFF days in a row and travel home for a few days?
I'm not starting until next month but a friend sent me his 777 roster and I can see one block of 5 days at home after a 25h layover (1 rest day + 4 days off). I don't know how rare that is. The rest of the month I can see mostly blocks of 1-3 days off in Dubai. Some of those 1s are in-between early morning turnarounds.

RenanZ
15th Mar 2024, 13:00
I'm not starting until next month but a friend sent me his 777 roster and I can see one block of 5 days at home after a 25h layover (1 rest day + 4 days off). I don't know how rare that is. The rest of the month I can see mostly blocks of 1-3 days off in Dubai. Some of those 1s are in-between early morning turnarounds.

Is it as bad as some people say?

I believe that, like everywhere else, there may have some good and some bad rosters. Would you try to check with your friend ir he can share his opinion a little bit further?

ThunderLizard
19th Mar 2024, 02:55
Hi

Can someone please advise what friend/special tickets pilots at ek get for non family ?

Confirmed ? Buisiness for kids under 13?

Thanks for the info
Confirmed. Economy. Business was an option several years ago when they started but that's over now.

ThunderLizard
19th Mar 2024, 03:00
Doubtful in the foreseeable future.. 380 mostly shut down during the plague but Boeing kept flying, so there's many 777 FOs in the pipeline for upgrade. Having said that, things change eventually so keep an eye on the pilot recruitment website. It could be quite some time though.

Pif Paf
20th Mar 2024, 05:23
Ok let’s dispel some myths about how wonderful the roster system is at EK. Ek uses the same system as some of the major US carriers, but have totally restricted it with EK company limitations.
As an example, the other day an FO told me how he’d chatted with an FO from a major US carrier using the same swap system that EK uses. This guy was rebuilding his roster online, rejecting rostered flights and swapping while in pool bar at hotel.

The EK FO cannot do this, he has to use the EK swap system which is laced with EK company restrictions , max number of days off limitation, max number of days off in row restrictions, cannot swap into overtime, minimum and max monthly limits plus many more! The system has anomalies which will reject swap for no reason even if it’s legal BUT upper management have told rostering department they are NOT allowed to do manual interventions, even if swap is legal. PLUS rostering department can’t or don’t know how to correct the anomalies!

The monthly bid you put in with your requests and preferences is a lottery. Why ? Well on top of the EK restrictions they have set system up for minimum cost, max efficiency and minimum pilot preferences. This means condensed rosters (max efficiency) giving limited flexibility for you to actually swap the flights you were given because in many cases you have just over minimum required time off before next flight. Basically Dubai 24-48 hour layovers between foreign flights! It’s not uncommon to see less than 24 hours in Dubai between flights if it’s more efficient ! And of course the reason you’re swapping flights is in many cases (due minimum pilot preference) the flights you have are not the flights you want!

You will hear many pilots bemoaning the fact they ask for USA flights but are rostered flights to Australia or they bided for flights to Europe and got African or Asian flights!.Some pilots bid for turnarounds so they can be at home, but then they get rostered ULR flights away for days! Meanwhile the guys who want the ULR flights are given turnarounds! And due to EK rules and restrictions and condensed rosters it is almost impossible to swap ULR flights for turnarounds,

So, in essence, you generally don’t get what you bid! Once given the roster with nothing you want on it you then have to spend hours trying to find anyone who wants to swap flights with you and then to find out if EK will allow the swap. Compare this to the pilot from US carrier amending his roster at the pool bar!

so don’t think for one minute that you’re going to get numerous days off between flights, if you do get time off you’re going to spend most of it recuperating from the night flight and jet lag!

EK keep discovering (how cr*p the rostering system is,)

Robert Sanus
20th Mar 2024, 14:11
Pif Paf, why don't you enlighten the aspirants on why after so long of being miserable you are still here? Isn't it 20 years and counting? Genuinely and seriously ..Why?

Orville bruh
20th Mar 2024, 14:56
Ok let’s dispel some myths about how wonderful the roster system is at EK. Ek uses the same system as some of the major US carriers, but have totally restricted it with EK company limitations.
As an example, the other day an FO told me how he’d chatted with an FO from a major US carrier using the same swap system that EK uses. This guy was rebuilding his roster online, rejecting rostered flights and swapping while in pool bar at hotel.

The EK FO cannot do this, he has to use the EK swap system which is laced with EK company restrictions , max number of days off limitation, max number of days off in row restrictions, cannot swap into overtime, minimum and max monthly limits plus many more! The system has anomalies which will reject swap for no reason even if it’s legal BUT upper management have told rostering department they are NOT allowed to do manual interventions, even if swap is legal. PLUS rostering department can’t or don’t know how to correct the anomalies!

The monthly bid you put in with your requests and preferences is a lottery. Why ? Well on top of the EK restrictions they have set system up for minimum cost, max efficiency and minimum pilot preferences. This means condensed rosters (max efficiency) giving limited flexibility for you to actually swap the flights you were given because in many cases you have just over minimum required time off before next flight. Basically Dubai 24-48 hour layovers between foreign flights! It’s not uncommon to see less than 24 hours in Dubai between flights if it’s more efficient ! And of course the reason you’re swapping flights is in many cases (due minimum pilot preference) the flights you have are not the flights you want!

You will hear many pilots bemoaning the fact they ask for USA flights but are rostered flights to Australia or they bided for flights to Europe and got African or Asian flights!.Some pilots bid for turnarounds so they can be at home, but then they get rostered ULR flights away for days! Meanwhile the guys who want the ULR flights are given turnarounds! And due to EK rules and restrictions and condensed rosters it is almost impossible to swap ULR flights for turnarounds,

So, in essence, you generally don’t get what you bid! Once given the roster with nothing you want on it you then have to spend hours trying to find anyone who wants to swap flights with you and then to find out if EK will allow the swap. Compare this to the pilot from US carrier amending his roster at the pool bar!

so don’t think for one minute that you’re going to get numerous days off between flights, if you do get time off you’re going to spend most of it recuperating from the night flight and jet lag!

EK keep discovering (how cr*p the rostering system is,)
For a brief moment I thought you were taking about EY .
Same Same but less pay :)

VThokie2
21st Mar 2024, 01:28
Pif Paf, why don't you enlighten the aspirants on why after so long of being miserable you are still here? Isn't it 20 years and counting? Genuinely and seriously ..Why?

Anyone who has ever joined EK knows it’s very hard to escape and have a new job lined up, or perhaps he’s too close to retirement to start over. He’s simply warning aspirants. The bigger question is why are you on here but to pester Pif Paf? Seems like you have an unnatural obsession with him from your posting history, almost exclusively directed to him.

Aero_manoloman
21st Mar 2024, 07:54
That's all true but when giving advice to others some people should realize that with the current state of low-cost and not so low-cost aviation in Europe, some of us could only dream of a bad bidding/swapping system to be among our biggest problems instead of constantly flying 4 leg days 5 days in a row for 4000€ with no food provided in the airplane and no benefits other than a salary.

Nikker
21st Mar 2024, 11:20
That's all true but when giving advice to others some people should realize that with the current state of low-cost and not so low-cost aviation in Europe, some of us could only dream of a bad bidding/swapping system to be among our biggest problems instead of constantly flying 4 leg days 5 days in a row for 4000€ with no food provided in the airplane and no benefits other than a salary.
Thank you sir

VThokie2
21st Mar 2024, 20:45

I understand however he was painting an accurate picture….. If that is a step up then by all means go for it!

request
22nd Mar 2024, 07:54
Hello everyone :ok:, I would like to know if someone can tell me how long it takes for the GCAA to issue the medical certificate since the status is "In Process with GCAA". Thank you

santacruz
23rd Mar 2024, 11:24
I would also back up what pif PAF said. 100% accurate IMO.

Raph737
1st Apr 2024, 18:00
Alright guys, quick question, did search but couldn’t find it and the email they sent wasn’t clear. Are the flights to and back from Dubai in business class for the assessment? The document states that they will help with flights and hotels, then on the following paragraph states that they won’t provide with anything else apart from flights. A little vague.
Qatar provided return business + hotel. Wondering if it’s the same so I can plan accordingly. Many thanks!

fireball_23
1st Apr 2024, 20:09
You get Flights and hotel provided. Flights are in economy, upgradable to business if seats are available.

goahead777
8th Apr 2024, 10:43
Hello, colleagues. I had my Digital Assessment completed 4 days ago and there is no any response from them. Does it mean that I was rejected or I have to wait more time? Thanks for help.

pilotbio
9th Apr 2024, 12:10
hello,

i’m planning to apply as a first officer. i just got my atpl flying 320s. would appreciate any tips or study documents etc.

thanks.

ThunderLizard
9th Apr 2024, 13:48
Patience Grasshopper. They will let you know one way or the other, just on their timeline.

Aero_manoloman
10th Apr 2024, 12:45
Hello, colleagues. I had my Digital Assessment completed 4 days ago and there is no any response from them. Does it mean that I was rejected or I have to wait more time? Thanks for help.
What part of the digital assessment you mean. Did you do the online interview?

The wait means nothing. Just be patient. Some people wait 2 days and some wait weeks.

Aero_manoloman
10th Apr 2024, 12:47
hello,

i’m planning to apply as a first officer. i just got my atpl flying 320s. would appreciate any tips or study documents etc.

thanks.

The application process is long. From the moment you apply until you start participating in the assessment it can take months. Most people use the website latestpilotjobs .com. It has an Emirates specific preparation package that you can pay for and it has all you need to prepare.

tecnamflyer
22nd Apr 2024, 19:11
Does anyone know the current response times on applications? Is it worth applying before you tick every box if it's taking so long? I've got the 1000 Boeing, not quite got the 2000 on >20T jet though ..

Nikker
23rd Apr 2024, 09:40
Does anyone know the current response times on applications? Is it worth applying before you tick every box if it's taking so long? I've got the 1000 Boeing, not quite got the 2000 on >20T jet though ..
If you are the candidate they want, you can get invitation for the assessment within hours after application. I would suggest to apply with 1800h on Boeing.

Giuff
23rd Apr 2024, 10:27

Before Covid requirements were very limiting.
Now i know that FOs are put in the waiting lists with 1800 hrs on the 73 or 320 to be called when hitting the 2000 hrs.

tecnamflyer
23rd Apr 2024, 11:37
Thanks guys! Will hold off so.

Jakub_738
24th Apr 2024, 07:38
Does anyone know how does "Accelerated Command" works at EK? I noticed that recently it became available to apply at EK website. I looks like entry requirements are lower (5000TT, 2000PIC and 1000PIC on Boeing). As far as I remember they didn't recruit pilots for accelerated command for Boeing fleet. At least for the last few years. Does anyone have experience with this command fast track? Does it actually work? What is waiting time for upgrade?

Pienpeas
25th Apr 2024, 13:44
Can anyone who's recently done the advanced compass testing in Dubai advise if the best preparation tool if LPJ, Pilot aptitude test or something else?

Thanks

Nikker
25th Apr 2024, 16:03
Can anyone who's recently done the advanced compass testing in Dubai advise if the best preparation tool if LPJ, Pilot aptitude test or something else?

Thanks
Doubt anyone had purchased both of them. But I can confirm LPJ is completely sufficient to prepare,especially the forum

b787q300
25th Apr 2024, 23:58
NTR Boeing applications now open. Turbo prop pilots can apply.

https://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/search-and-apply/424743

Hotclown
26th Apr 2024, 06:54
NTR Boeing applications now open. Turbo prop pilots can apply.

https://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/search-and-apply/424743

it seems like it's a different contract than the FOs with an enhanced package, any idea what is the difference?

737a
26th Apr 2024, 07:15
Does anyone know how does "Accelerated Command" works at EK? I noticed that recently it became available to apply at EK website. I looks like entry requirements are lower (5000TT, 2000PIC and 1000PIC on Boeing). As far as I remember they didn't recruit pilots for accelerated command for Boeing fleet. At least for the last few years. Does anyone have experience with this command fast track? Does it actually work? What is waiting time for upgrade?
Do you have any clue if this means 1000hrs total if a boeing or an airbus pilot? Is the 2000 hours necessary also if a boeing captain?

Mr.CB
29th Apr 2024, 07:54
Appilied in feb 2023. 3000 hrs on B737 still waiting and here people getting called in 4 days also.. anything specific required to be even considered??

SunnyTheSemen
30th Apr 2024, 20:50
A few of us with an excess of 4000 hours have been paid the enhanced entrant contracts rate actually after joining . It’s a fairly large step up .