PDA

View Full Version : Notice of Proposal to Cancel Aeronautical Licence !

Milvus Milvus
14th Mar 2022, 09:58
Dont worry...... I recieved a letter on Friday which was strongly worded. I had paid in January.

Phoned Ofcom this morning and very apologetic, with 57 calls in the queue, apparently loads of letters sent out in error. Also had no signature on them so no comeback !
Licence emailed to me immediately.

CharlieJuliet
14th Mar 2022, 22:17
Yes we received one last year. Not sure why they don't know who has renewed. Maybe hoping for a double payment!!

17th Mar 2022, 09:31
The BMAA have liaised with OFCOM over this - it is due to transition to a new financing system which appears not to have gone quite as smoothly as hoped.

[email protected] (https://services.bmaa.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=1898&qid=547717) if you have a problem

10th Apr 2022, 11:30
Im not sure what an aeronautical Licence is...are we talking FRTOL or the Licence for the Radio Station in an aircraft?, or a ground Station?

P.S. I havn't had the letter

sportflying
11th Apr 2022, 08:37
The equipment licences are handled by Ofcom and the personnel licences (i.e. FRTOLs) by CAA.

Im not sure what an aeronautical Licence is...are we talking FRTOL or the Licence for the Radio Station in an aircraft?, or a ground Station?

wrecker
11th Apr 2022, 10:55
Another example of government IT not being fit for purpose!