PDA

View Full Version : Airbus universal tablet mounts

C.M
10th Mar 2022, 18:26
Hello
My airline will be changing its tablet mounts , replacing them with universal sized ones . We will have pilots with different sized-IPads due to purchasing new gen iPads which are slightly bigger than some older ones.
I have been tasked to look for universal sized tablet mounts . I’ve searched in internet a bit but have not yet located iPad mounts that can accommodate differential sized iPads .
If you know ( based on personal experience from your airline) can you refer me to a model you are using satisfying this requirement?
By the way I remember seeing in cockpits of other airlines tablet mounts that have a stretchable iPad holder . That would be ideal .
thank you for any help

Denti
10th Mar 2022, 19:39
There seem to be some airlines using the pivot case, where the mount is not holding the iPad itself, but rather slots into the case for the iPad which allows to have different iPads on the same mount. Check https://pivotcase.com/

Not being paid by them at all, and personally i think the case is rather cumbersome, but it does work.

Roj approved
10th Mar 2022, 21:41
This is what my company use.

We recently were issued new iPad Air 4’s with new covers so the mounts work on the old and new ipads.

I’m not sure the “stretchable” holders would have the strength to meet the requirements of being “secure”.

Good luck with your search

C.M
21st Mar 2022, 08:26
Thank you for the information, both of you .

mustafagander
21st Mar 2022, 10:08
+1 for Denti.
The case offers quite a bit of protection if you drop the device and the industrial strength suction cup holds it quite securely.
The suction cup is an option you need to purchase when you order the case. Make sure you specify the correct iPad model to ensure that you get the right sized case.