PDA

View Full Version : Emergency equipment requirements under EASA

alexious85
4th Mar 2022, 09:47
Hello
I need so help locating an EASA document that specifies the minimum emergency equipment a particular aeroplane is suppose to have ( I guess it is based on seat number and aircraft arrangement) .
Any help appreciated

LME (GOD)
4th Mar 2022, 12:49
Master MEL would be a good place to look

MoodyBlue
4th Mar 2022, 15:56
Hello
I need so help locating an EASA document that specifies the minimum emergency equipment a particular aeroplane is suppose to have ( I guess it is based on seat number and aircraft arrangement) .
Any help appreciated

For Commercial Air Transport: CAT.IDE.A.220 and on (Regulation (EU) No 965/2012, Annex IV, Subpart D)

hans brinker
4th Mar 2022, 17:18
Master MEL would be a good place to look

It really would not. Yes anything required by MMEL would be required to be on board regardless of regulations, but I would be really surprised if EASA regulations didn't require a lot more items.

Cak
4th Mar 2022, 19:43
It really would not. Yes anything required by MMEL would be required to be on board regardless of regulations, but I would be really surprised if EASA regulations didn't require a lot more items.

Aren't EASA approving MMELs?

FlightDetent
5th Mar 2022, 04:20
Possibly as per CS-25 and not Air-OPS.

hans brinker
5th Mar 2022, 04:26
Aren't EASA approving MMELs?

CMIIAW, but I would think EASA only approves MMELs for aircraft certificated in EASA land. Pretty sure the MMEL for "my" N-reg citation wasn't touched by EASA. But if I wanted to fly there, I would probably have to comply with EASA emergency equipment regulations.

FlightDetent
5th Mar 2022, 04:59
It's a good question whether FAA approved the MMEL for your N- registered Airbus, and how different it is from the EASA shelf edition.

My best guess is YES + marginally if at all.

Hard to go much further without any context behind the OP's question, the references provided so far should be sufficient.

For CAT large airplanes, EASA CS-25, the section SAFETY EQUIPEMENT starts at CS.25.1411

alexious85
9th Mar 2022, 06:37
Thank you for all the answers . The MMEL was one place I looked before posting . There are section in which the number installed was with a “-“ symbol , meaning “as required by regulation” thus not very clear .