PDA

View Full Version : Flying buddy

airmiles
12th Feb 2022, 16:43
Good evening,
I am looking to build some flight time in Oxfordshire but willing to travel within reason.
I am looking for someone to share the flight and cost with. You fly one way, and I fly the other. You log the flight you fly and I log the flight I fly. At the end of the flight you pay your one way and I pay mine.
I do not have an aircraft but am willing to become a member of your club if you have a plane readily available.
I have my CPL IR with 1000+ hours and really want to find someone who wants to fly regularly.
Please PM me if you are interested.
Airmiles

Dan Dare
12th Feb 2022, 19:42
I understand your need but I’m not your future flying buddy. Have you considered joining a group? I can think of more than one group where the members often fly together getting lots more experience/time/camaraderie by sharing the costs and getting further than individuals could afford. Similarly, Wingly (other Apps may be available) is set up for sharing costs albeit with less ability to learn from your cost-sharers and you have far more hours than an average Wingly advertiser.

And be careful advertising this sort of thing - there are many opportunists out there including in aviation who will con you out of whatever they can get before you realise they are unable to repay you.

Big Pistons Forever
12th Feb 2022, 20:57
In Canada, at least this arrangement would require that you be covered by the aircraft insurance policy if you are logging the flight as PIC.

In any case when you talk about “I will pay one way” the devil is in the details. For instance are you going to contribute to the engine overhaul reserve ?

India Four Two
12th Feb 2022, 23:49
Never mind the regulatory details. With a 1000+ hours, why do you want to build flight time?