PDA

View Full Version : Flight deck travel/jumpseat EU regulations

Breakthesilence
24th Jan 2022, 23:25
Dear colleagues,

I spent quite a bit looking on the web but I can't really find a specific EU (EASA) regulation dealing with jump seat availability for crew or non-crew members. The only document I can refer to is, obviously, my Company OPS MAN.
Everyone knows the "general" rule of "only crew members and inspectors can travel in cockpit" but in reality it's different from airline to airline and I'd like to know up to which point EASA has regulated this matter, leaving the "customization" to airlines.
Do you guys have any reference?

Thanks
BTS

sonicbum
25th Jan 2022, 05:42
Dear colleagues,

I spent quite a bit looking on the web but I can't really find a specific EU (EASA) regulation dealing with jump seat availability for crew or non-crew members. The only document I can refer to is, obviously, my Company OPS MAN.
Everyone knows the "general" rule of "only crew members and inspectors can travel in cockpit" but in reality it's different from airline to airline and I'd like to know up to which point EASA has regulated this matter, leaving the "customization" to airlines.
Do you guys have any reference?

Thanks
BTS

Hi,

AMC3 ORO.MLR.100 dictates that an Operator shall establish the conditions and procedures for the use of vacant crew seats.
As far as I know the procedures are mainly based according to the National Aviation Security Program and The Operator Security Program. Unfortunately my “security” wisdom does not go beyond that :) somebody will definitely enlighten us more.

Alpine Flyer
28th Jan 2022, 19:47
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1501x571/3d170668_63c3_47f5_924b_d9d803817dc3_7b45d36a51465bfcd1957af 5dfa92a639720ca50.jpeg

Central European Mainline carrier. Rule getting tighter every couple of years. Used to be at Captain‘s discretion without strings attached. If someone with aircrew credentials but from a different airline asks one would have to ask the flight operations manager on duty for a permit (unless one personally knows them).

FlightDetent
29th Jan 2022, 08:49
To OP: as much as you can, try to follow the practice established in Spain and Italy.