PDA

View Full Version : Which LED lenser torch to buy?

zuxrat
16th Jan 2022, 11:07
Good afternoon to everyone!

I've read a few posts on pprune about torches. All of them are 10 years old.

Can somebody tell me which "LED lenser" torch is ok for 737 size? Everybody was speaking about P7 but it is only 450 lumens and has a battery which is unchargable.

What about P7R Core or P5R core?

Which torch do you use? Every opinion is appreciated!

scoobytopdog
16th Jan 2022, 12:18
Got a P7R which is allegedly !000 Lumens. Comes with a magnetic USB powered charging cradle. Very bright on full setting. You can adjust it for wide or narrow beam. I use daily for Walkrounds and Inspections, and can’t remember the last time I had to charge it. Not the cheapest, but well worth the money. It’s also small enough to fit comfortably on your belt without causing ant discomfort when you are sitting.

Hope this helps.

hunterboy
16th Jan 2022, 14:41
Anything from AliExpress that’s less than a fiver

Check Airman
16th Jan 2022, 15:36
Whatever my local hardware store’s got on sale. $15 should get you something in the 4-500 lumen range.

The smaller the better.

Denti
16th Jan 2022, 16:18
Using an MT14. Has a normal micro USB charging port, is very bright and sadly quite expensive. For me well worth it, but your mileage may vary.

e2_c
17th Jan 2022, 11:06
Have a look at the Sofirn range on Amazon. I got a C8G and couldn't be happier with it. It's great for walk arounds at night or your backup cockpit lighting torch. They have many sizes that are quite good value.

RadioSaigon
17th Jan 2022, 12:06
I have a LED Lenser P4X. Tiny, 2 light levels, focussable, usually lives in my sleeve pocket. Fantastic wee light. 2x AAA batteries -I can’t remember the last time I had to change them. Think I’ve had it 2-3 years now, used daily for pre flights.

Brian Pern
18th Jan 2022, 07:06
I have used an LED Lenser P7 since 2010, (200 Lumens) quite simply brilliant, I have had no problems with inspecting any part of a 737 etc ever with it.
However I see you're from St Pete, so visit Walmart, get an Ozark Trail LED 450 Lumens, its around $14, I picked one up a couple of years ago, so impressed I went back and bought several more. Not rechargeable, but fit good quality batteries, the gold and black ones and it will last forever.