PDA

View Full Version : GRF Airbus RWYCC downgrade

serega-navigator
11th Jan 2022, 15:14
Hello dear colleagues ))
It might be my question is not new, but following multi changes in FCOM and FCTM with last revision in Airbus the topic of Performance calculations minimum one doubt.
Live example from Helsinki apt from 29.12.2021, RCR(Runway Condition Report) via digital ATIS contains information such:
Runway Condition Codes 2 downgraded, 3 downgraded, 3 downgraded, contaminants all parts 100 per sent 03 millimeters DRY snow.
Take Off significant contaminant thin. After included SA information.
To discover with above information we have some explanations by FCOM/ EFB/TOF/30/30/Performance Calculation/Downgrade part
- RWYCC 2, the computation with any depth of slush or standing water may be not conservative...(take additional information or delay T.O.)
My question is, what is the Runway condition do I have to use in Flight Smart + T.O. for above example, considering only 3 mm of dry snow and minimum RWYCC 2.
More over most of explanations in FCOM and FCTM help us with LDG performance calculations, those pls explain dear colleagues how in a proper way extract necessary information about Runway Condition using RCAM for T.O. calculation.

Many thanks in Advance....

sonicbum
12th Jan 2022, 10:30
Hello dear colleagues ))
It might be my question is not new, but following multi changes in FCOM and FCTM with last revision in Airbus the topic of Performance calculations minimum one doubt.
Live example from Helsinki apt from 29.12.2021, RCR(Runway Condition Report) via digital ATIS contains information such:
Runway Condition Codes 2 downgraded, 3 downgraded, 3 downgraded, contaminants all parts 100 per sent 03 millimeters DRY snow.
Take Off significant contaminant thin. After included SA information.
To discover with above information we have some explanations by FCOM/ EFB/TOF/30/30/Performance Calculation/Downgrade part
- RWYCC 2, the computation with any depth of slush or standing water may be not conservative...(take additional information or delay T.O.)
My question is, what is the Runway condition do I have to use in Flight Smart + T.O. for above example, considering only 3 mm of dry snow and minimum RWYCC 2.
More over most of explanations in FCOM and FCTM help us with LDG performance calculations, those pls explain dear colleagues how in a proper way extract necessary information about Runway Condition using RCAM for T.O. calculation.

Many thanks in Advance....

Hi,

EASA GRF Q&A HERE (https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/qa_runway_condition_reporting_webinar.pdf)

Check page 16 second question and page 15.

serega-navigator
12th Jan 2022, 12:18
Hello Sonicbum, I appreciate for your time and interesting reference. By the challenge of EASA, if I correctly understood only the plan in future to combine type and depth of contaminant with RWYCC downgrade.Moreover Flight Smart + Take Off consider only type and depth of contaminant, which also recommended for Take Off calculation to satisfy with accelerating while Rolling. Just one method in above mentioned which I can suggest to find the more conservative performance from reported contamination and downgraded RWYCC. But if we have crosswind or weight limitation its a bit difficult to proof the right way of our calculation, together for all thirds of the actual RWY. Please correct me if its true.

Lantirn
14th Jan 2022, 11:27
It seems we are on a transition phase. Landing calculations are clearer for me. Takeoff there are some gray areas...

Would be interesting to see flysmart inputs on both contaminant and RWYCC.

serega-navigator
27th Jan 2022, 16:03
Hello!
Indeed I'v received Tech Request by Airbus.In spite of reference from FCOM (downgrade 2 for T.O) the Airbus recommend to extract RWY condition from RCAM.But they mentioned about not standard RCR issued by Helsinki apt. They said essential method to take RWY condition for T.O. calculation, but in according with example the proper way to step down RWYCC 2, and take according condition.
In any case I agree with opinion about the T.O. method calculation is not exact versus LDG performance calculation.
Moreover if apt. does't have Digital ATIS, it's difficult to receive actual RWY information, the METAR not included any RCR.
Please if you have some thoughts share with us.
Thk. everyone