PDA

View Full Version : A320 MDCU ENTRIES

MD83FO
7th Jan 2022, 21:30
In the absence of a company policy, is it stated anywhere that modifying a STAR altitude constraint is Ilegal? If You’re going to ask why I want to modify it, you are not qualified to reply to this question.

Check Airman
7th Jan 2022, 23:24
I've never seen a restriction on doing so. I had to do it on my last flight, as a matter of fact.

Qwark
8th Jan 2022, 02:29
In the absence of a company policy, is it stated anywhere that modifying a STAR altitude constraint is Ilegal? If You’re going to ask why I want to modify it, you are not qualified to reply to this question.

Airbus do say within the FCOM that the terminal procedure contained in the FMS database must be checked ( inc altitude constraints ) and that it may only be modified following an ATC instruction.

Sergei.a320
8th Jan 2022, 04:38
There is TAB on Thales FMS that requires flight crew to check and change (if required) constraints after STAR change, as nessesary. Seen this need couple of times.

FlightDetent
8th Jan 2022, 09:06
FMS database must be checked ( inc altitude constraints ) and that it may only be modified following an ATC instruction.FCOM and HW+SW configurations differ, which DU do you have in mind?

pineteam
8th Jan 2022, 11:26
From A320 FCOM :​​​​​​As per SOP, the flight crew must compare the inserted SID(STAR), including constraints, with the charts and make corrections if necessary.​

Aircraft Systems-Auto Flight- Flight Management- Temporary Abnormal Behaviors-FMS2 Thales Temporary Abnormal Behaviors.

HOVIS
8th Jan 2022, 12:42
If You’re going to ask why I want to modify it, you are not qualified to reply to this question.
Do you mean MCDU? 😁