PDA

View Full Version : Single-engine IR schools

FlyingForFun
5th Jan 2022, 11:48
Does anyone know of any schools near to north-west London which can do a single-engine IR renewal? I'm aware of Booker Avaiation at Wycombe, but is there anywhere else? Thank you!

Genghis the Engineer
5th Jan 2022, 16:33
Do you need a school, or just an examiner?

G

FlyingForFun
5th Jan 2022, 16:42
Do you need a school, or just an examiner?

G

Hey Genghis - long time no speak, hope you’re good?

I think I really need a school, since I haven’t flown at all for 6 years unfortunately.

Genghis the Engineer
5th Jan 2022, 21:14
I'm great, hope you are also.

Yep, you need a school!

I think you'll need training as required, an SEP renewal, then an IR renewal. I've no idea if you can combine them, but given the amount of skills demonstration required, it doesn't sound a very good idea to try anyhow.

Booker are good so far as I know, I haven't flown much out of there in recent years, but their reputation remains good. I can think of another school approved, but I wouldn't recommend, so I won't. To the best of my knowledge Denham and White Waltham whilst good, don't hold the approvals you need.

A little further afield, possibly you could try Oxford?

G

18greens
5th Jan 2022, 21:36
Blackbushe aviation will sort you out if it’s not too far…

rudestuff
6th Jan 2022, 05:55
I think I really need a school, since I haven’t flown at all for 6 years unfortunately.Is this a 'save those exams' situation?

FlyingForFun
6th Jan 2022, 06:42
Genghis - Oxford are a little further afield than I'd like, and probably more expensive than other places too, but definitely one to keep in mind if I can't find anywhere closer and cheaper.

18greens - I didn't know Blackbushe did instrument ratings at all, but that does look like a very promising option, thanks!

FlyingForFun
6th Jan 2022, 06:43
Is this a 'save those exams' situation?

That's exactly what it is, yes!

rudestuff
6th Jan 2022, 09:19
Thought as much 😜