PDA

View Full Version : Rental Touring Question

Gul75
3rd Jan 2022, 10:08
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if there are any places in mainland Europe that would be well known for offering some rental touring options? i.e. you purchase a 10hr package for an airplane and take it around the country for a week say? If anyone has done this and has any good suggestions or advice I'd appreciate it.

Best Regards

Gul75
6th Jan 2022, 09:59
It strikes me re reading my initial post that I was probably too vague! Specifically I was thinking of France but I am flexible hence why I kept it general. Even if anyone knows any aero clubs that rent to foreign PPLs just for local touring that would be really appreciated.

Many thanks.

Jan Olieslagers
6th Jan 2022, 12:36
Your chances are slim, I think: this sounds like a scheme that could work with an FBO in the USA, but there are precious few of those in Europe.
But for even a beginning of answers, you ought to indicate what license you'd be flying with: issued by which CAA? EASA-compliant? IFR or VFR?

Maoraigh1
6th Jan 2022, 19:19
Also total and recent hours, and in what.

Fl1ingfrog
7th Jan 2022, 14:19
There are a number of organizations in the UK who maintain a fleet of various aircraft from whom you could hire. They commonly hire out to flying clubs but also individuals. In my experience they are usually looking for 30 + hours per month. you will need to do some research to find them. There are also a number of private individuals who do the same but who may not demand the monthly minimum hours.

Gul75
7th Jan 2022, 23:10
Many thanks everyone for the replies they are very much appreciated. Apologies for the lack of detail in my initial posts, it would be VFR only, I have an EASA PPL with only about 55/60 hrs TT (already forgotten the exact count !) mainly on Robin HR200 and some time of C172.

From the replies so far I am getting the impression this might be a challenging ambition and perhaps not possible given current rental conditions. Maybe a better first step would be to take some time flying with an instructor in the summer in a school/club in France with the view to gaining experience for the future when maybe I'll have the opportunity to operate more independently around the continent.