PDA

View Full Version : Scoot DEC recruitment !

Flaperon777
2nd Jan 2022, 12:13
Just heard that Scoot is looking for DEC’s to man it’s 787 fleet.
Any idea when may the requirement be for.
Meaning, what might be the expected interview / startup dates expected.
And nothing on the ad regarding T & C’s. Any input would be helpful.

jetjockey696
2nd Jan 2022, 14:46
Requirements

Legally entitled to work in Singapore
A Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore issued ICAO ATPL (foreign ATPL will be required to undergo licence conversion which requires an instrument rating and a proficiency check that has a minimum of 6 months' validity.)
Be B787 type rated, training and type conversions is to be co-funded between employee and the company
Minimum 5000 commercial jet flight hours with an airline of which a minimum 2000 hours are Pilot-In-Command hours on a civil registered transport aircraft certificated for multi-crew operations with MTOW greater than 50,000kg
A Class 1 unrestricted medical approved by the Civil Aviation Medical Board (CAMB)
Demonstrate the ability to speak and understand English with a minimum of ICAO level 5.

Many moons ago, basically, you pay to attend the interview, (I dont think it has changed, under the current conditions) the only free things is they are giving you there time (HR people etc) you need to pay for the flights, hotel and transport. after jumping through SCOOT intensive interview process you need to self-fund for the licensing process, work permit, flight medical etc. make sure you got enough money in the bank.. you gonna need it.

Flaperon777
2nd Jan 2022, 23:26
Requirements

Legally entitled to work in Singapore
A Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore issued ICAO ATPL (foreign ATPL will be required to undergo licence conversion which requires an instrument rating and a proficiency check that has a minimum of 6 months' validity.)
Be B787 type rated, training and type conversions is to be co-funded between employee and the company
Minimum 5000 commercial jet flight hours with an airline of which a minimum 2000 hours are Pilot-In-Command hours on a civil registered transport aircraft certificated for multi-crew operations with MTOW greater than 50,000kg
A Class 1 unrestricted medical approved by the Civil Aviation Medical Board (CAMB)
Demonstrate the ability to speak and understand English with a minimum of ICAO level 5.

Many moons ago, basically, you pay to attend the interview, (I dont think it has changed, under the current conditions) the only free things is they are giving you there time (HR people etc) you need to pay for the flights, hotel and transport. after jumping through SCOOT intensive interview process you need to self-fund for the licensing process, work permit, flight medical etc. make sure you got enough money in the bank.. you gonna need it.

Aha. Basically a pay to fly scheme. But this time for captains !

jetjockey696
3rd Jan 2022, 05:12
Scoot...First rule of money: Never use your own. and expect some sort of bond, To prevent you escaping.. , I hope you can fly on an empty stomach,,, no crew meals, no coffee.etc. I think you had to bring your own drinks and the cabin crew would brew it for you.

YEp Its a fancy way of pay to fly scheme. you just need deeeeeeep pockets. expect to always spend more..

Chinkyfighterpilot
3rd Jan 2022, 13:18
Is it different at where you guys come from?

krismiler
3rd Jan 2022, 14:19
Singapore citizens and permanent residents only for now, but worth applying if interested as the filing cabinet needs to be refreshed and a list of suitable applicants drawn up to rebuild the numbers which were decimated after the mass retrenchment in 2020. It's anyones guess when foreign pilots will be needed again, it all depends on the speed of the recovery and the number of locals applying but Captains are very busy at the moment.

allaru
4th Jan 2022, 14:01
"you need to pay for the flights, hotel and transport. after jumping through SCOOT intensive interview process you need to self-fund for the licensing process, work permit, flight medical etc. make sure you got enough money in the bank.. you gonna need it."

DREAMING..and u can shove your scootitude right up your B%m hole

ThrustAssymComp
4th Jan 2022, 14:20
"you need to pay for the flights, hotel and transport. after jumping through SCOOT intensive interview process you need to self-fund for the licensing process, work permit, flight medical etc. make sure you got enough money in the bank.. you gonna need it."

DREAMING..and u can shove your scootitude right up your B%m hole

muahaha, yes but that’s the reality since long time ago, you pay for everything.

jetjockey696
5th Jan 2022, 07:47
I would call Scoot ULTRA low cost carrier. rather than low cost...

Flaperon777
9th Jan 2022, 04:35
Anybody who applied got a call for any recruitment process as yet ? Please do share.

captain.weird
9th Jan 2022, 12:54
Do they have some kind of Fast Track Command Upgrade for 787 FOs?

jetjockey696
10th Jan 2022, 05:43
Do they have some kind of Fast Track Command Upgrade for 787 FOs?

They normally upgrade local FO first. I guess expat are normally kept at FO level for a very long time, same as SIA.

REMEMBER: THEY DON'T HAVE HOUSING OR SCHOOL ALLOWANCES. Housing is from expensive to gold digger price depending on your flavour. No international school stick with local schools. Good local schools are harder to get in, lots of hoops to jump through by the student and parents.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1008x832/scoot_ab922fc5d20194eef14147bf85c26d79a0da6126.png

Swifter4531
15th Jan 2022, 16:23
In my 5 years there I have never ever hit more than 12k SGD Gross as an FO.

Flaperon777
16th Jan 2022, 12:27
I think they are initially trying to pick up TR FO’s, followed by TR Capts.
My colleague, a TR FO on 78 just got an email asking him to do some online tests. Will post details once I have them from him.
Anyone else who has had any form of communication after initial application, care to share ?
Thanks.
I shall update this space as and when.

bettigio
2nd Feb 2022, 19:22
Hello gents,
Any idea if they'll be looking for Airbus pilots in the near future? Cheers from Italy

krismiler
3rd Feb 2022, 20:59
Unlikely as numbers on the Bus fleet are still well in excess of requirements, particularly F/O. The A320 fleet had a much higher percentage of local/permanent resident pilots, these were all kept on after the September 2020 retrenchment exercise.

There are also plenty of A320 rated local Jetstar Asia pilots interested as the future for J* in Singapore is a little uncertain.

Flaperon777
24th Feb 2022, 22:05
So a friend on Boeings just got an email asking him for some additional documents. That’s it. But still no assessment dates or links.
Whatsupp ?!

krismiler
26th Feb 2022, 11:31
Looks like they're building up a hold file of applications from suitable candidates which they can draw from if they don't have sufficient interest from locals. Getting the initial screening done early to save time later on so they have a list of serious prospects they can go straight to if they need.

Flaperon777
26th Feb 2022, 22:00
Looks like they're building up a hold file of applications from suitable candidates which they can draw from if they don't have sufficient interest from locals. Getting the initial screening done early to save time later on so they have a list of serious prospects they can go straight to if they need.
Yes. I would like to believe the same too. However I don’t know of anyone, anyone at all who has even done the very initial screening …!
it’s just been a submission of documents for almost all my colleagues so far. And of course an acknowledgment of the same. Has anyone progressed beyond that, I wonder.

giord
4th Oct 2022, 15:16
Hi everyone!

Any website to prepare for the online tests?

Thanks!

captainpluto
23rd Sep 2023, 19:03
They don't even give you meals in flight? Isn't that a bit ridiculous? Plus pay 65k SGD as bank guarantee

Cabair351
15th Oct 2023, 13:21
Hi,

i did my online assessment for a DEC position with Scoot a few months ago and I've heard nothing since. Is anyone else in the same position?

Thanks

coolhawk
15th Oct 2023, 15:54
Hi everyone!

Any website to prepare for the online tests?

Thanks!

https://pilotassessments.com/

this one is better

i applied for FO position , done with assessment . scheduled for interview in nov.

gadfree
15th Oct 2023, 16:22
Hi,

i did my online assessment for a DEC position with Scoot a few months ago and I've heard nothing since. Is anyone else in the same position?

Thanks Hi when did you give the online assessment? I gave my online assessment too in the first week of September. But have not heard from them since. This is for DEC.

Cabair351
17th Oct 2023, 09:58
I'd say around mid July. Emailed them but no reply.

Long John
5th Nov 2023, 08:32
Everything from the minute u get a slot is a scam. You have to pay for your own ticket and hotel into singapore which is not cheap. On top of that, if u make it to the last round of the psychology assessment, you have to fork out 680 sgd by yourself for a 1.5 hour assessment. Take home pay after tax For A320 Skippers is about 17k sgd = 12k USD. Given Singapore Sky high cost of living after factoring in rental and schooling you be lucky u have money left in the bank account. Not worth the hassle.

Cabair351
7th Nov 2023, 18:03
There's no way I'd pay for an assessment...

coolhawk
8th Nov 2023, 03:21
Everything from the minute u get a slot is a scam. You have to pay for your own ticket and hotel into singapore which is not cheap. On top of that, if u make it to the last round of the psychology assessment, you have to fork out 680 sgd by yourself for a 1.5 hour assessment. Take home pay after tax For A320 Skippers is about 17k sgd = 12k USD. Given Singapore Sky high cost of living after factoring in rental and schooling you be lucky u have money left in the bank account. Not worth the hassle.

Any idea about FO pay after tax ?

And how the assessment went for 2 days ?