South Asia and the Far East News and views on the fast growing and changing aviation scene on the planet.

Scoot DEC recruitment !

Old 2nd Jan 2022, 12:13
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In the torpedo tube above!
Posts: 200
Thumbs up Scoot DEC recruitment !

Just heard that Scoot is looking for DECís to man itís 787 fleet.
Any idea when may the requirement be for.
Meaning, what might be the expected interview / startup dates expected.
And nothing on the ad regarding T & Cís. Any input would be helpful.
Flaperon777 is offline  
Old 2nd Jan 2022, 14:46
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In someone pocket
Posts: 1,190
Requirements
  • Legally entitled to work in Singapore
  • A Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore issued ICAO ATPL (foreign ATPL will be required to undergo licence conversion which requires an instrument rating and a proficiency check that has a minimum of 6 months' validity.)
  • Be B787 type rated, training and type conversions is to be co-funded between employee and the company
  • Minimum 5000 commercial jet flight hours with an airline of which a minimum 2000 hours are Pilot-In-Command hours on a civil registered transport aircraft certificated for multi-crew operations with MTOW greater than 50,000kg
  • A Class 1 unrestricted medical approved by the Civil Aviation Medical Board (CAMB)
  • Demonstrate the ability to speak and understand English with a minimum of ICAO level 5.

Many moons ago, basically, you pay to attend the interview, (I dont think it has changed, under the current conditions) the only free things is they are giving you there time (HR people etc) you need to pay for the flights, hotel and transport. after jumping through SCOOT intensive interview process you need to self-fund for the licensing process, work permit, flight medical etc. make sure you got enough money in the bank.. you gonna need it.
jetjockey696 is offline  
Old 2nd Jan 2022, 23:26
  #3 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In the torpedo tube above!
Posts: 200
Originally Posted by jetjockey696 View Post
Requirements
  • Legally entitled to work in Singapore
  • A Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore issued ICAO ATPL (foreign ATPL will be required to undergo licence conversion which requires an instrument rating and a proficiency check that has a minimum of 6 months' validity.)
  • Be B787 type rated, training and type conversions is to be co-funded between employee and the company
  • Minimum 5000 commercial jet flight hours with an airline of which a minimum 2000 hours are Pilot-In-Command hours on a civil registered transport aircraft certificated for multi-crew operations with MTOW greater than 50,000kg
  • A Class 1 unrestricted medical approved by the Civil Aviation Medical Board (CAMB)
  • Demonstrate the ability to speak and understand English with a minimum of ICAO level 5.

Many moons ago, basically, you pay to attend the interview, (I dont think it has changed, under the current conditions) the only free things is they are giving you there time (HR people etc) you need to pay for the flights, hotel and transport. after jumping through SCOOT intensive interview process you need to self-fund for the licensing process, work permit, flight medical etc. make sure you got enough money in the bank.. you gonna need it.
Aha. Basically a pay to fly scheme. But this time for captains !
Flaperon777 is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2022, 05:12
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In someone pocket
Posts: 1,190
Scoot...First rule of money: Never use your own. and expect some sort of bond, To prevent you escaping.. , I hope you can fly on an empty stomach,,, no crew meals, no coffee.etc. I think you had to bring your own drinks and the cabin crew would brew it for you.

YEp Its a fancy way of pay to fly scheme. you just need deeeeeeep pockets. expect to always spend more..
jetjockey696 is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2022, 13:18
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1
Is it different at where you guys come from?
Chinkyfighterpilot is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2022, 14:19
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,373
Singapore citizens and permanent residents only for now, but worth applying if interested as the filing cabinet needs to be refreshed and a list of suitable applicants drawn up to rebuild the numbers which were decimated after the mass retrenchment in 2020. It's anyones guess when foreign pilots will be needed again, it all depends on the speed of the recovery and the number of locals applying but Captains are very busy at the moment.
krismiler is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2022, 14:01
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: korea
Posts: 165
"you need to pay for the flights, hotel and transport. after jumping through SCOOT intensive interview process you need to self-fund for the licensing process, work permit, flight medical etc. make sure you got enough money in the bank.. you gonna need it."

DREAMING..and u can shove your scootitude right up your B%m hole
allaru is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2022, 14:20
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Here
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by allaru View Post
"you need to pay for the flights, hotel and transport. after jumping through SCOOT intensive interview process you need to self-fund for the licensing process, work permit, flight medical etc. make sure you got enough money in the bank.. you gonna need it."

DREAMING..and u can shove your scootitude right up your B%m hole
muahaha, yes but thatís the reality since long time ago, you pay for everything.
ThrustAssymComp is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2022, 07:47
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In someone pocket
Posts: 1,190
I would call Scoot ULTRA low cost carrier. rather than low cost...
jetjockey696 is offline  
Old 9th Jan 2022, 04:35
  #10 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In the torpedo tube above!
Posts: 200
Anybody who applied got a call for any recruitment process as yet ? Please do share.
Flaperon777 is offline  
Old 9th Jan 2022, 12:54
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sky
Posts: 490
Do they have some kind of Fast Track Command Upgrade for 787 FOs?
captain.weird is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2022, 05:43
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In someone pocket
Posts: 1,190
Originally Posted by captain.weird View Post
Do they have some kind of Fast Track Command Upgrade for 787 FOs?
They normally upgrade local FO first. I guess expat are normally kept at FO level for a very long time, same as SIA.

REMEMBER: THEY DON'T HAVE HOUSING OR SCHOOL ALLOWANCES. Housing is from expensive to gold digger price depending on your flavour. No international school stick with local schools. Good local schools are harder to get in, lots of hoops to jump through by the student and parents.



Last edited by jetjockey696; 10th Jan 2022 at 05:54.
jetjockey696 is offline  
Old 15th Jan 2022, 16:23
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 30
In my 5 years there I have never ever hit more than 12k SGD Gross as an FO.
Swifter4531 is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2022, 12:27
  #14 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In the torpedo tube above!
Posts: 200
I think they are initially trying to pick up TR FO’s, followed by TR Capts.
My colleague, a TR FO on 78 just got an email asking him to do some online tests. Will post details once I have them from him.
Anyone else who has had any form of communication after initial application, care to share ?
Thanks.
I shall update this space as and when.
Flaperon777 is offline  
Old 2nd Feb 2022, 19:22
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Milan
Age: 44
Posts: 182
Hello gents,
Any idea if they'll be looking for Airbus pilots in the near future? Cheers from Italy
bettigio is offline  
Old 3rd Feb 2022, 20:59
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,373
Unlikely as numbers on the Bus fleet are still well in excess of requirements, particularly F/O. The A320 fleet had a much higher percentage of local/permanent resident pilots, these were all kept on after the September 2020 retrenchment exercise.

There are also plenty of A320 rated local Jetstar Asia pilots interested as the future for J* in Singapore is a little uncertain.
krismiler is offline  
Old 24th Feb 2022, 22:05
  #17 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In the torpedo tube above!
Posts: 200
So a friend on Boeings just got an email asking him for some additional documents. That’s it. But still no assessment dates or links.
Whatsupp ?!
Flaperon777 is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2022, 11:31
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,373
Looks like they're building up a hold file of applications from suitable candidates which they can draw from if they don't have sufficient interest from locals. Getting the initial screening done early to save time later on so they have a list of serious prospects they can go straight to if they need.
krismiler is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2022, 22:00
  #19 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In the torpedo tube above!
Posts: 200
Originally Posted by krismiler View Post
Looks like they're building up a hold file of applications from suitable candidates which they can draw from if they don't have sufficient interest from locals. Getting the initial screening done early to save time later on so they have a list of serious prospects they can go straight to if they need.
Yes. I would like to believe the same too. However I donít know of anyone, anyone at all who has even done the very initial screening Ö!
itís just been a submission of documents for almost all my colleagues so far. And of course an acknowledgment of the same. Has anyone progressed beyond that, I wonder.
Flaperon777 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.