PDA

View Full Version : H145 D3 Helicopter Airbus/Eurocopter

LilianaH145
9th Dec 2021, 20:51
Hello everyone,

I’m LilianaH145 and have a few questions,

Is it in this thread allowed to ask something about in this case, helicopters?

I’m following an Aircraft Maintenance Study in the Netherlands, mostly to work on Helicopters in the far future and I’m also an enthusiast for aviation, mostly helicopters, and in the very far future I wish to fly helicopter, maybe the H145, who knows ;)

My question was about the helicopter H145 from Airbus, the D3 which has 5 rotor blades. My interest goes at the most to this type of helicopter (H145)

I was studying about the gyroscopic precession in a average helicopter but i was wondering how many degrees of gyroscopic precession is in a H145 from Airbus/Eurocopter, the D3 version?

Average helicopters does circa have 10 to sometimes 90 degrees of gyroscopic precession.

It means that when the control input by the pilot is applied that in this case 90 degrees later the helicopter will react to this movement.

That is why they warn student pilots… The most people who are not into helicopters or who still learning to fly in a helicopter will not always understand that gyroscopic precession.

When the student push forward on the Cyclic stick of the helicopter the helicopter will not react direct to that input, it can take a few seconds before the helicopter will fly in that direction.

The most students think then wow the helicopter is not responding and apply more Cyclic input. But the best is to wait a few seconds before pushing further on that cyclic control.

That force I was wondering.. How long it will take for an H145(5 bladed) to react at the control inputs?

I hope someone can help me! If not I hope that someone can tell me where I can put this technical questions?

Thank you in advance.

:)

ps: I hope to hear soon from you, it would help me a lot.