PDA

View Full Version : A320 ELEC EMER and pack failures

vilas
2nd Nov 2021, 06:55
A320 ELEC EMER and pack failures
Hello guys! A new communication from Airbus says that in ELEC EMER config when gear is lowered the pack1+2 fail will happen as the power supply is cut off. There's nothing in systems remaining in QRH or FCOM. Anyone has anything to say about this? Thanks

CrazyStuntPilot
3rd Nov 2021, 13:46
The answer should be in the Sys Remaining table. Pack 2 cannot be controlled closed in EMER CONFIG in any case. Pack 1 can be controlled on the EMER GEN, but once on batteries only cannot be controlled closed. If you have an old style RAT that stalls once the landing gear is out, you would then lose control of pack valve 1.

vilas
3rd Nov 2021, 16:24
As I said there's no difference in Systems remaining or in FCOM. This appears something new is introduced but why not in FCOM?

3rd Nov 2021, 17:39
On Bat only: is Bleed 1 controlled by BMC2 and Bleed 2 by BMC1? Or is the bleed valve closed and with no pressure pack 1+2 springloaded closed? Wild speculation from my side.

Roj approved
3rd Nov 2021, 20:04
G’day all,

I can guarantee I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I’m a bit concerned because:

If Vilas doesn’t know, then I don’t know 🤷‍♂️.

Let’s hope you can get an answer from Airbus and can pass it on, I’ve appreciated your input on all things Airbus on this forum.

Cheers

vilas
8th Nov 2021, 06:38
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/916x1157/img_20211101_wa0001_061459cafca7c84c31b942b1e96d045ab32a5b59 .jpg
This is the reply from Airbus to a simulator company. It didn't happen before. So it appears this change is knew. Any one else has any information on this? Thank you

Nick 1
8th Nov 2021, 06:51
Why is important to advise the crew of such a shed ? With loss of both AC we already lost a number of items and , if landing gear is down we are seconds from landing , if we missed the approach for sure we will not climb so high that any kind of pressurization is needed in this conditions.

Roj approved
8th Nov 2021, 19:25
Thank you for that Vilas👍

I wonder if it will be included in the “Systems Remaining” section in the near future?

vilas
9th Nov 2021, 08:34
Nick 1

The question is not whether it's required. It wasn't happening before and any changes to systems remaining must be informed to the crew instead of surprising them in real life LAND ASAP situation.

Denti
9th Nov 2021, 09:01
Thanks for that information. Informative stuff.

CrazyStuntPilot
9th Nov 2021, 14:17
In your simulator configuration with ACSCs (instead of PACK Controllers as in older simulator standards), there are two simulated ACSCs: one for each pack, and each with two independent lanes.
With simulator Std 2.0 and FWC H2-F9D, the alert AIR PACK 1+2 FAULT is triggered (in part) by the internal FWC logic signal ACSC FAULT. The internal signal ACSC FAULT is itself triggered by the signals [ACSC1 FAULT AND ACSC2 FAULT] coming from SDAC. There is no flight phase inhibit in the case of AIR PACK 1+2 FAULT due to ACSC FAULT.
As Airbus noted, when the landing gear is extended, the power supply to all ACSCs is cut, therefore the ACSC FAULT is triggered internally and the AIR PACK 1+2 FAULT is triggered as a result.
Is it possible that the new behavior you noticed is due to the particular simulator software standard which simulates the ACSCs instead of the old Pack Controllers? The FWC logic for Pack Controllers is different, as well as the power supply perhaps.

vilas
9th Nov 2021, 15:52
Thanks! That's what I wanted. It is CAE Std 2.0 sim.