PDA

View Full Version : cockpit for sale

dada
23rd Aug 2002, 00:26
am keen to acquire an old cockpit (737/111 ?) for my vintage vehicle collection located a short distance from my kitchen window. anybody know where to start ?

Captain Stable
23rd Aug 2002, 08:39
"Where to start" in my case would be in persuading the other half! :D

mattpilot
23rd Aug 2002, 13:53
the posts are getting wierder and wierder each day :cool:

AerBabe
23rd Aug 2002, 14:07
If you have a local aviation museum it might be worth asking there. They might know of cockpits available, or might be looking to sell one of theirs in order to fit something else in.
Are cockpits the kind of thing you're likely to find in the small adds at the back of magazines?
Might also be worth looking on Google! In fact, I just did for you, and got a hit (http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~lesb/wj565.html)

Red Four
23rd Aug 2002, 20:50
Try some maintenance airports that break up airframes occasionally, maybe [email protected] could point you in the right direction?

jumpseater
23rd Aug 2002, 23:17
Dada try someone like EAAC at Bournemouth, they might just have a 1-11 or two thats life expired. You are more likely to be successfull in getting a 1-11 front end than a 73 because environmental restrictions have really squeezed the 1-11 out of operation in the 'developed' world, the 73 however, can be hush-kitted to operate whereas the 1-11 as far as I recall can not. Another option is looking at MOD surplus, you'll potentially be bidding against the scrap men, but might be able to do a deal with one to get a fast jet or heli cockpit section, which also might as CS quite rightly points out be easier to get past her indoors!.