PDA

View Full Version : ATS Routes

Topofthestack
17th Oct 2021, 16:42
Last week I flew out of EGLL to Greece, obviously on a MAXIT SID from 27R and then from somewhere on the SID/route we went to SFD and joined UM605. Where does this airway go in French airspace as we turned left somewhere south-west of Paris. Drop me a PM if you prefer. to make contact that way.

Thanks. :)

DaveReidUK
17th Oct 2021, 19:39
Have you looked on https://skyvector.com/ ?

zonoma
18th Oct 2021, 20:48
It wouldn't have been SFD M605 off EGLL, M605 is only available for aircraft inbound to a select number of Paris airfields. You would have gone toward MID BOGNA and picked up L612 and gone out via VEULE then RESMI, after RESMI is a random guess as it changes daily but most likely either PEKIM or ODEBU I think.

Topofthestack
20th Oct 2021, 12:40
Greetings Zonoma,

If you look at the track history of any BAW flight from EGLL to LGIR over the past couple of weeks (e.g. Flightradar24), you'll notice that the track shows the flight going well east of Brighton (i.e. SFD) and then overhead DPE to a point south-east of Paris before turning sharp left.

Although I left LATCC back in 2006, it was my understanding that the SFD route, whilst initially used for inbounds to the Paris TMA, had been opened up to other specific routes. Observing from my window seat last week, I could clearly confirm the we went over SFD and then DPE so If anyone can have a look at the BAW fiight plans for this route, I'd be grateful to read what route they file and use after SFD

Regards,

TG

Denti
20th Oct 2021, 14:05
No idea about BA, however as someone who is based on the continent we usually fly most of the time free of airways, just waypoint to waypoint instead. Free flight airspace has been a reality for quite some time.

The Many Tentacles
20th Oct 2021, 15:08
Greetings Zonoma,

If you look at the track history of any BAW flight from EGLL to LGIR over the past couple of weeks (e.g. Flightradar24), you'll notice that the track shows the flight going well east of Brighton (i.e. SFD) and then overhead DPE to a point south-east of Paris before turning sharp left.

Although I left LATCC back in 2006, it was my understanding that the SFD route, whilst initially used for inbounds to the Paris TMA, had been opened up to other specific routes. Observing from my window seat last week, I could clearly confirm the we went over SFD and then DPE so If anyone can have a look at the BAW fiight plans for this route, I'd be grateful to read what route they file and use after SFD

Regards,

TG
As someone who works the airspace now Zonoma is right

Topofthestack
20th Oct 2021, 16:43
Thanks for the input.

Looked from the window like we went the way I wrote, but looking at Flightradar24 on following days, I can see that they do seem to have routed via BOGNA, VEULE and RESMI many days..

Take care and safe controlling!