PDA

View Full Version : NETJETS Europe hiring again

Pages : [1] 2 3

Klimax
15th Sep 2021, 12:16
NetJets > Kura Airline Resourcing (http://kuraairlineresourcing.co.uk/NetJets/)

5strypes
15th Sep 2021, 17:40
Any insight on working here? I've seen base FO pay c. €56k? Would be nice to hear from guys and girls there though.

buzzc152
15th Sep 2021, 18:16
What do you want to know ? I’ve been there 14 years and have no intention of leaving. The starting salary is just the basic (and increases after 2 years I believe). Add on Per diems, bonuses, overtime if you wish to do it and your take home should be considerably more.

5strypes
15th Sep 2021, 18:40
What do you want to know ? I’ve been there 14 years and have no intention of leaving. The starting salary is just the basic (and increases after 2 years I believe). Add on Per diems, bonuses, overtime if you wish to do it and your take home should be considerably more.

Thank you. That's a positive start. Coming from an airline so perhaps a change in lifestyle/work level(~700hrs/year long haul)? Is there much time spent in hotels or do you often return to base? In terms of fleet or time to command? Is there much difference on what aircraft you're on?

redsnail
15th Sep 2021, 19:08
Hi 5strypes, many of the basic questions can be answered with the FAQs.
However, to summarise, the roster is either 6 on 5 off or 7 on 6 off. (Fleet dependent). 22 days leave increasing to 28 days.
Fleeting is on business needs. Generally, you'll start on the Phenom/Excel/Latitude. Occasionally Challenger/Falcon/Global. It honestly depends.
Time to command. How long is a piece of string? When I joined, it was weeks/months. A few years later, well, many FOs are still waiting.
To minimise disappointment, I'd plan at least 5-10 years. Command is based on seniority and passing the course. :) Seniority gives you the opportunity. :)
You are paid from day 1 Indoc. You don't have to pay for the type rating.
EASA licence only.
As buzzc152 has said, there are opportunities to increase your salary with extra work in Summer. Again, that is on a needs basis.

I am probably one of the lucky ones. I have managed to keep my job during downturns etc, I'm on a great fleet (Chally 350) and LHS. I love the crews I work with, the overnights can be amazing, the job variety and the interactions with our owners is something I really enjoy, flying into Samedan on a clear winter's day is incredible.
My husband flies an Airbus. He'd swap with me, I wouldn't swap with him.

trancada
15th Sep 2021, 19:20
As the company has their headquarters in Portugal, it means that you earn 14 salaries per year?

5strypes
15th Sep 2021, 19:47
However, to summarise, the roster is either 6 on 5 off or 7 on 6 off. (Fleet dependent). 22 days leave increasing to 28 days.
Fleeting is on business needs. Generally, you'll start on the Phenom/Excel/Latitude. Occasionally Challenger/Falcon/Global. It honestly depends.
Time to command. How long is a piece of string? When I joined, it was weeks/months. A few years later, well, many FOs are still waiting.
To minimise disappointment, I'd plan at least 5-10 years. Command is based on seniority and passing the course. :) Seniority gives you the opportunity. :)
EASA licence only.
As buzzc152 has said, there are opportunities to increase your salary with extra work in Summer. Again, that is on a needs basis.

I am probably one of the lucky ones. I have managed to keep my job during downturns etc, I'm on a great fleet (Chally 350) and LHS. I love the crews I work with, the overnights can be amazing, the job variety and the interactions with our owners is something I really enjoy, flying into Samedan on a clear winter's day is incredible.

Thanks for the details. The FAQ certainly help and have some great detail. Time to command sounds reasonable. Is there a major difference in schedule/destinations between fleets/any better than others? I will say, I've already submitted an application, so fingers crossed I hear something back.

Globally Challenged
15th Sep 2021, 19:52
As the company has their headquarters in Portugal, it means that you earn 14 salaries per year?

can’t speak for Portuguese based crews but the rest of us are on UK contracts (currently - we are looking at EU contracts) so 12 monthly.

Fairly recent FO joiner and should earn over €100,000 including the equivalent of sector / duty pay and productivity bonus. Lots of lifestyle options to work less or earn more - whatever floats your boat.

6 days on tour and 5 days off is the average. For the tour you expect to leave home day 1 and back evening of day 6 with €70 per day and crew meals during duty.

redsnail
15th Sep 2021, 20:39
Thanks for the details. The FAQ certainly help and have some great detail. Time to command sounds reasonable. Is there a major difference in schedule/destinations between fleets/any better than others?

Well, I haven't seen many NJE Phenom crews in the Caribbean. :D Nor have I seen the Global guys in Cannes. :D
The roster is as explained. Unless on the Global, you'll be 6 days on, 5 off. :) Happily, the days off are yours.
The popular destinations like Nice, Paris, Zurich, Geneva, Farnborough, Athens, Frankfurt, Palma, Munich, Ibiza, etc you'll find all fleets. Can make for a very social evening. (a real plus). There's nothing "normal" or "schedule" at NJE. Some days have just one sector, others, 4 sectors.

There's the summer destinations. Think beach, superyachts, sunshine, islands etc.
Then there's the winter destinations. The Alps. Cue special airports. Challenging but fun. (yep, you'll be loading all that luggage too).

Good luck. :)

5strypes
16th Sep 2021, 14:42
Well, I haven't seen many NJE Phenom crews in the Caribbean. :D Nor have I seen the Global guys in Cannes. :D
The roster is as explained. Unless on the Global, you'll be 6 days on, 5 off. :) Happily, the days off are yours.
The popular destinations like Nice, Paris, Zurich, Geneva, Farnborough, Athens, Frankfurt, Palma, Munich, Ibiza, etc you'll find all fleets. Can make for a very social evening. (a real plus). There's nothing "normal" or "schedule" at NJE. Some days have just one sector, others, 4 sectors.

There's the summer destinations. Think beach, superyachts, sunshine, islands etc.
Then there's the winter destinations. The Alps. Cue special airports. Challenging but fun. (yep, you'll be loading all that luggage too).

Good luck. :)

Thanks for the detailed info. Sounds like a very positive working environment with little turnover. Hopefully something comes of the application, seems to be a quick process going by the dates on the FAQ doc.

koldovika
16th Sep 2021, 19:28
Hello
Is it there a website where I can find some info to prepare for the interview and assessment something like latest pilot jobs or similar??
Thank you!

ulispranger
16th Sep 2021, 22:14
I am a NJE owner and I can say that I will always give tips to the crew as well, that should make some extra income :)

Winged Lion
16th Sep 2021, 22:33
EASA licence only.

First of all, just wow! I am absolutely intrigued by your joining date to this forum!

Secondly, thank you very much for all the information. It is definitely appreciated. Are there also things that we could consider the negative things of being an employee at NJE? And I am not looking for sensational stuff or badmouthing. Just trying to work out what things would come up that one should consider before joining. I think captain upgrade is already one item on this list. Other than that, any?

buzzc152
17th Sep 2021, 07:21
Plenty of bad stuff. Ask any NJE pilot what they hate about the job and most will probably say ‘airlining’. It sucks, especially in covid times. Long duty days. Expect to fly anywhere from 300-450 hours a year, which doesn’t sound much but also expect to regularly hit 60 hour weekly duty limit.
If you had your heart set on that planned midday finish in Palma Mallorca and you’ll get upset when they add an extra 2 legs at the last minute finishing in the worst hotel in Luxumbourg at 10pm then think twice. You need to expect and be able to cope with last minute changes, especially over the high season which currently runs from Jan 1st-Dec 31st (nb, the hotels generally are pretty good)
Also be comfortable with operating on a small aircraft like the Phenom. It’s a great aeroplane but it is small. Learn to love that.
Time to command…..almost impossible to predict but I’d guess in the 7 year range for someone joining today.
I’m sure there’s stuff that annoys me but others cope with better. Each to their own. For me, the positives outweigh the negatives by 10-1 at least.
Oh, and contrary to what one generous person has posted above, don’t expect tips to supplement your income. I get between 0 and 1 tips per year and I’m sure I’m not alone in that (we don’t look for or expect tips…our customers are paying premium €£ for our services and we’ll always go the extra mile irrespective of whether or not we think there might be a tip at the end of it).

5strypes
17th Sep 2021, 07:47
Plenty of bad stuff. Ask any NJE pilot what they hate about the job and most will probably say ‘airlining’. It sucks, especially in covid times. Long duty days. Expect to fly anywhere from 300-450 hours a year, which doesn’t sound much but also expect to regularly hit 60 hour weekly duty limit.
If you had your heart set on that planned midday finish in Palma Mallorca and you’ll get upset when they add an extra 2 legs at the last minute finishing in the worst hotel in Luxumbourg at 10pm then think twice. You need to expect and be able to cope with last minute changes, especially over the high season which currently runs from Jan 1st-Dec 31st (nb, the hotels generally are pretty good)
Also be comfortable with operating on a small aircraft like the Phenom. It’s a great aeroplane but it is small. Learn to love that.
Time to command…..almost impossible to predict but I’d guess in the 7 year range for someone joining today.
I’m sure there’s stuff that annoys me but others cope with better. Each to their own. For me, the positives outweigh the negatives by 10-1 at least.
Oh, and contrary to what one generous person has posted above, don’t expect tips to supplement your income. I get between 0 and 1 tips per year and I’m sure I’m not alone in that (we don’t look for or expect tips…our customers are paying premium €£ for our services and we’ll always go the extra mile irrespective of whether or not we think there might be a tip at the end of it).
That's a wealth of information and very much appreciated. The last minute changes really wouldn't affect me as long as it's just on the 6 days on. My general attitude is when I'm working, I'm working. Time to command is still certainly less than my current airline. The 'airlining' I presume means commuting to an aircraft with the airlines? Is this always in economy and is there much of it? A ridiculously specific and probably odd question. Is there a toilet on all aircraft and can crew use it? I've heard horror stories of certain small cargo ops lacking 'facilities'...

buzzc152
17th Sep 2021, 07:58
That's a wealth of information and very much appreciated. The last minute changes really wouldn't affect me as long as it's just on the 6 days on. My general attitude is when I'm working, I'm working. Time to command is still certainly less than my current airline. The 'airlining' I presume means commuting to an aircraft with the airlines? Is this always in economy and is there much of it? A ridiculously specific and probably odd question. Is there a toilet on all aircraft and can crew use it? I've heard horror stories of certain small cargo ops lacking 'facilities'...

Is there much airlining ? Really depends on your gateway. As a London based crew I will certainly airline less than say a Malaga based guy as often ‘my’ aircraft will be in London on my first and/or last day. It’s always economy if it’s under 6 hours or positioning to sim recurrent in the US.
Toilets, yes all aircraft have them. You can use them. Common sense and courtesy suggest you should be mindful about what you ‘deposit’ in them ! Of course on long flights then I guess you gotta do what you gotta do…(does the Global have 2 toilets ? I’m not sure). To be clear, new joiners WILL join on the Phenom or the XL. A few MIGHT be luckier and get the Latitude. No one will join on the Global, Falcon or Challenger.

Mike Oxbig
17th Sep 2021, 09:44
I am a NJE owner and I can say that I will always give tips to the crew as well, that should make some extra income :)

I am guessing your are not a Latitude owner? :)

I have been at NJE for 17 years having joined straight from the military more or less - I am sure that will tell you how happy I am. There are good days but also bad days as in any job. As RedSnail said - the good days far outweigh the bad in my case.

As stated - 6 on 5 off, leave home on day one for a commercial airline to wherever the NJE aircraft is (sometimes 06.00 show time or earlier). Hotel and breakfast paid for by the company and during the peak months (July, Aug) you may end up in some not so nice hotels as the company only books them in the afternoon due to possible changes and in places such as Nice, Malaga, etc choice is limited. Sim recurrent twice a year (my fleet at FSI in Farnborough) and a Ground Recurrent (GRT) once a year (currently at home on MS Teams due to Covid but the plan is to return to the office in Lisbon when allowed) - all duty time with per diem. Still flying to new airports after all these years - small VFR field in France last tour.

There are opportunities to enhance your pay by taking extra roles (Ground Instructors, Line Trainers) but those positions can be hard to come by (dead non-specific gender shoes) and are not available for new joiners. Overtime opportunities are also available and on a voluntary basis - you can refuse if it doesn't work for you.

Downside - 60 duty hours per tour (6 or 7 day tours) can easily be reached and in the busy times you can be sent home at the end of day 5 as you will be out of hours (positioning day 1 and 6 count as duty time). The plan changes a lot due to aircraft unservicability, crew sickness, new bookings and re-briefing due to crew missing airlines as happened to my colleague only yesterday (luckily I was on day 6 and airlining home). He shut down expecting to go to the hotel only to receive a call from Scheduling to take an airline in 65 mins to London to take another aeroplane. Yes, airlining can be a pain, economy as stated but you will build up your airline status fairly quickly with 6 airlines a month (3 tours a month, airline out and in).

Overall I really enjoy it, fly a very modern aircraft and work with great colleagues from all over Europe. You have the opportunity to live almost anywhere in Europe with the Gateway system and you can also use a temporary gateway at will - a number will change their gateway to say Malaga in the summer and move the family to Spain for the summer. There is a list of available gateways but I do not want to post it here.

Rambled on far longer than I intended but hope it helps.

Mike Oxbig
17th Sep 2021, 09:48
Koldovika - no. There will be an interview panel where you will be asked standard questions (met, tech, CRM, airmanship type) and a sim assessment involving hand flying the aircraft and some decision making (tech and/or pax issue). The Kura link above should answer some of your questions.

Good luck

koldovika
17th Sep 2021, 11:09
Koldovika - no. There will be an interview panel where you will be asked standard questions (met, tech, CRM, airmanship type) and a sim assessment involving hand flying the aircraft and some decision making (tech and/or pax issue). The Kura link above should answer some of your questions.

Good luck
thank you Mike Oxbig!
appreciate it!

redsnail
17th Sep 2021, 13:09
G'day Winged Lion,
First of all, just wow! I am absolutely intrigued by your joining date to this forum!
I think I was within the first 1,000 members. Definitely the first female pilot. Seen lots of changes over the years....

Toilet? Definitely. There is one. If you need to use it, you use it. You also clean it :D It is a good opportunity to see how the pax are. Folks on the Hawker used to dread the stuck bung... (The Hawker's no longer with NetJets).

Downsides? Well, the old saying "one person's poison is another person's cake" definitely rings true. Airlining is a chore but it is what it is. Fortunately being at a London gateway means I don't do that much airlining. A colleague put me onto the Apple Airtags so I can track my luggage. Others don't bother checking theirs in. Also, I have a secondary role now so that has cut down on the line flying a bit but it's another string to the ol' bow. Some people just never adapt to the constant changes. Fair enough. At first it is a lot to absorb. Ever changing hotels can be an issue for some. While sometimes you "win" and can go and explore a new and interesting city, often in Summer you'll be just keen to scoff some food and get some sleep. In some cases, the hotel is "so so" but the location is great and you're spoiled for choice re dinner.
Loading/unloading luggage is probably the thing I don't like. Forget standard 20kg weights. The space is often awkward and there is high potential to injure your back.

Some folks can be "size-ist". If someone thinks "bigger is better" well, they'll be disappointed. (Trying very hard to avoid any double entendres. And failing). Sure the Global is big but it's tiny compared to B787 ;) But while they go to some great places, the jet lag's a bitch and it'll take over an hour to "close" the aeroplane. Long after the Excel folks have left the airport. ;)

Essentially, if you're a glass half full sort of person, you'll enjoy the job. Compared to an airline job, you'll have a lot more autonomy and authority to get stuff done. Compared to a "true" private jet job, we're very well looked after with very good support from the office in Lisbon. (If the support isn't there for some reason, see the previous sentence, you are armed with a credit card after all). :D

If folks like routine, eg run 3x a week, weights 2x a week and golf with the family on Sunday, this job won't really work for them. Happily, we get our roster published 2 months in advance so you can plan your days off. :) There is flexibility too, you can request specific days off with enough notice.
I've made some lifelong friends at NJE. Probably some mortal enemies too, but hey ho, can't win them all. :D

5strypes
17th Sep 2021, 17:40
G'day Winged Lion,

I think I was within the first 1,000 members. Definitely the first female pilot. Seen lots of changes over the years....

Toilet? Definitely. There is one. If you need to use it, you use it. You also clean it :D It is a good opportunity to see how the pax are. Folks on the Hawker used to dread the stuck bung... (The Hawker's no longer with NetJets).

Downsides? Well, the old saying "one person's poison is another person's cake" definitely rings true. Airlining is a chore but it is what it is. Fortunately being at a London gateway means I don't do that much airlining. A colleague put me onto the Apple Airtags so I can track my luggage. Others don't bother checking theirs in. Also, I have a secondary role now so that has cut down on the line flying a bit but it's another string to the ol' bow. Some people just never adapt to the constant changes. Fair enough. At first it is a lot to absorb. Ever changing hotels can be an issue for some. While sometimes you "win" and can go and explore a new and interesting city, often in Summer you'll be just keen to scoff some food and get some sleep. In some cases, the hotel is "so so" but the location is great and you're spoiled for choice re dinner.
Loading/unloading luggage is probably the thing I don't like. Forget standard 20kg weights. The space is often awkward and there is high potential to injure your back.

Some folks can be "size-ist". If someone thinks "bigger is better" well, they'll be disappointed. (Trying very hard to avoid any double entendres. And failing). Sure the Global is big but it's tiny compared to B787 ;) But while they go to some great places, the jet lag's a bitch and it'll take over an hour to "close" the aeroplane. Long after the Excel folks have left the airport. ;)

Essentially, if you're a glass half full sort of person, you'll enjoy the job. Compared to an airline job, you'll have a lot more autonomy and authority to get stuff done. Compared to a "true" private jet job, we're very well looked after with very good support from the office in Lisbon. (If the support isn't there for some reason, see the previous sentence, you are armed with a credit card after all). :D

If folks like routine, eg run 3x a week, weights 2x a week and golf with the family on Sunday, this job won't really work for them. Happily, we get our roster published 2 months in advance so you can plan your days off. :) There is flexibility too, you can request specific days off with enough notice.
I've made some lifelong friends at NJE. Probably some mortal enemies too, but hey ho, can't win them all. :D

Can't thank you enough for the wealth of information. I'm in a balance between trying to gather as much information and trying not to get too invested should it lead to nothing. Looking forward to the process and it certainly sounds like a positive place to be and somewhere I'd be happy to leave my current airline for.

redsnail
17th Sep 2021, 17:54
You're very welcome. :)
The way I see things it is easier to say "no" to a job offer than "yes" to something you haven't applied for. Or - to win the lottery first you must buy a ticket.

Winged Lion
17th Sep 2021, 19:02
I would like to thank both redsnail and buzzc151 for their valuable information and the small sneak peak you gave us into your/a pilot's job at NJE. To be honest Netjets was on my radar even before this hiring round started so I am very very happy to at least be able to knock on their doors as a candidate now. But just like 5strypes put it very correctly, I too am looking for that crucial balance in order to get myself not too invested. After all, let's first wait and see if NJE even returns to me for the next stage and following that if I'll be even able to survive the selection.

I would be thrilled though as I am looking for a way out of the airliners. I am a very positive person and even if the glass is not filled at all sometimes, I will always make sure to fill that glass myself with my own positivity so my family and I can enjoy life as much as possible. It seems for me the negative things mentioned are not adding up enough to surpass my positive expectations so that's a good start. Salary aside, flexibility like the gateway system, the respectful relationship with their pilots etc. are things that I am looking for now.

One thing I am wondering by the way is if you guys have any staff ticket discount for other airlines. That would be a huge bonus for me.

Cheers.

KAISERSOZE
17th Sep 2021, 19:49
One thing I am wondering by the way is if you guys have any staff ticket discount for other airlines. That would be a huge bonus for me.

Cheers.

Nope...
No staff ticket.

But I doubt you would want to airline on your days off !

ulispranger
17th Sep 2021, 20:21
[QUOTE=Mike Oxbig;11112488]I am guessing your are not a Latitude owner? :)

Yes, I am ... and I love all the crew. I have never meet any boring person there. Plus, I like the Latitude-Self-Service. Getting drunk on a plane with a stewardess just takes much longer. :))
I love NJE and would fly more frequently if not anything was on Microsoft Teams these times ...

redsnail
17th Sep 2021, 21:35
Truth! :D
You can get access to some industry travel discount sites. I've never used them. My husband's with easyJet and he doesn't get ID discounts. The eJ discounts are ok but not the same as the ID 90 from the legacy airlines.

Getting drunk on a plane with a stewardess just takes much longer.
You need to change your Profile instructions with OS. ;) Glad you enjoy our Latitudes. A really good bunch of crew on that fleet. :)

Winged Lion
17th Sep 2021, 21:46
Nope...
No staff ticket.

Well actually, my situation kind of needs that calculated in somewhere. Still no big deal. The salary will be there to take care of it up to some point, but it would have been nice.

Globally Challenged
17th Sep 2021, 21:50

This really sums up the job.

Globally Challenged
17th Sep 2021, 21:53
Wow there have been over 1100 applicants so far.

So if you are considering it, don’t hang about and get your name in the system.

5strypes
18th Sep 2021, 08:10
Wow there have been over 1100 applicants so far.

So if you are considering it, don’t hang about and get your name in the system.
Wow. Though I shouldn't be surprised really. Anyway, application in and let's see where things go. Thanks for all the advice so far folks.

Mike Oxbig
18th Sep 2021, 08:29
Verzeihen Sie Herr Spranger! Ich freue mich, Sie bei Ihrem nächsten Flug, begrüßen zu dürfen! :)

MrGustave
18th Sep 2021, 11:19
Are there any part-time schemes available and what do they look like?
Thanks for all the great info, appreciated.

sangiovese.
18th Sep 2021, 11:19
Flew for NJE for two years at the end of the noughties before the downturn. Look back on the time there as enjoyable, good colleagues and variety. Seniority now in an airline for me. Would o go back. Yes, flying was fun, London base and I looked forward to my tour. I’m sure there are lots of changes there but it’s still a fleet of very nice aircraft flying to delightful locations (usually!)

ulispranger
19th Sep 2021, 09:49
@Mike: Happy to see you :)

redsnail
19th Sep 2021, 16:22
Are there any part-time schemes available and what do they look like?
There are. The number of duty days is 200. Subtract leave, training etc and you have how many days you should turn up for work. :)
There are a few part time options. Currently there's 180 days (minus pro rata leave, training etc), 160 days (pro rata etc) and 160 days Seasonal. That is, you do most of the work in Summer (high season, although Buzzc152 cheekily suggested our high season is now all year - feels like it). There is/was another scheme of 5 months off/7 months on (in the northern hemisphere Summer) but I haven't seen any details on it recently.
I am not sure what the qualifying period is. The bids/requests are open now and allocated soon. The numbers allocated are based on company needs, how many applied, etc.

happyjack
20th Sep 2021, 14:13
It can only be fair if I am allowed to vent my NJE experience...?
Against my better judgement as an airline captain I was talked into joining NJE more than 20 years ago. There were weeks of negotiations prior to joining regarding terms and conditions, salary and position. Once I agreed all that meant nothing and I was employed as an F/O on an F/O's salary plus a 3 year bond for a type rating that I already possessed!!!!
So they had been lying to me from day one. The loss of licence insurance didn't exist, the private health didn't apply to non USA citizens and my pension contributions were subsequently stolen by the company!
After 3 months I got upgraded however to LHS and received my agreed contract.
The insane management were firing pilots at the rate of 3 per week! When I asked my fleet manager about this he assured me that it was not so. The next day I got fired!
I sued the hell out of them. A 13 year very expensive legal process. They did everything on God's Earth to avoid being held responsible. Never once presenting any justification for their actions. I witnessed their CEO and CP take the oath and then lie and lie and lie.
The judge saw through it all and found in my favour.
I was awarded a considerable sum of money plus expenses and set a precidence in Portugal against this company.
But they refused to pay and then appealled. They lost that too.
They seeked to go to the supreme court in Portugal but were refused.
I received the settlement but not the considerable expenses still owed.
So you wanna ask an ex nje pilot what they think of them??? The treatment I received at the hands of this disgraceful company cannot be overemphasised. I did nothing wrong at all and was treated like a criminal. My biggest career mistake by far!
I hope it has changed, I really do. I want to think I was there at the wrong time with the wrong people but was it?
Leopards and spots?
Take nothing said on face value? They have proved themselves as supreme cheats and callous liars!

5strypes
20th Sep 2021, 20:12
Is anyone able to provide better salary details. Such as top of scale for both FO and Captain? I see some varying figures around the net. Happy to take DMs if not comfortable posting publicly.

Regards the above, certainly an awful situation to find yourself in and I'm glad things are finally turning for you but appreciate the miserable experience you've been through. I would have to take this as an outlier given the generally positive NJE feedback but it's certainly worth considering.

dirk85
20th Sep 2021, 23:58
Well I have been in the industry just over 10 years and can clearly remember two rounds of redundancies happening in NJE, one of which very recent (all pilots hired back this time unlike the first).
Something to keep in mind, if job security means a lot to you.

FlightDetent
21st Sep 2021, 05:35
better salary details. Such as top of the scale for both FO and Captain? Personal observation: No new joiner receives the top salary advertised before signing. Nowhere, never. By the time you get around to it the contract would have changed (multiple times) or the company pulls any strings available to avoid creating an expensive asset (shiny new rating they need you to have, e.g.).

General advice, if your company supported its pilots during the first COVID year by paying a salary, the best life choice is to stay put and go seek gratitude to feel happy about it. Easier to find than a better job, the grass is always painted greener on the other side.

Tailstrik
21st Sep 2021, 10:55
Anybody got called for an interview already?

dboy
21st Sep 2021, 11:15
The disadvantage of joining Netjets, the way i see it: yes lifestyle and pay is great but if you are getting unemployed, no matter what the reason is, you are left behind with a XLS or Phenom rating which basically useless. Time on Boeing/Airbus is way to go. Perhaps you will find another gig in GA but never as good as netjets.

EatMyShorts!
21st Sep 2021, 11:34
Personal observation: No new joiner receives the top salary advertised before signing. Nowhere, never. By the time you get around to it the contract would have changed (multiple times) or the company pulls any strings available to avoid creating an expensive asset (shiny new rating they need you to have, e.g.).
Not at Netjets. The starting salary is fully transparent: https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Netjets_Europe

F/Os start with a gross salary of 58,500 EUR per year. In the 3rd year they jump immediately to 66,300 EUR. Should you be unlucky and still be on the right seat after 10 years, you'll get promoted to Senior F/O and earn a new basic salary of 79,700 EUR per year. When you upgrade, your new salary will be 107,000 EUR. After two years, you'll jump to 114,850 EUR.

Important: Each year all salaries automatically increase by the EU28 inflation index of the previous year, this can be something between 0.7% and 3.x%, this year it might be a bit more. That's why we do not have static salary tables, but only starting salaries by rank. For technical or layout reasons, the tables at PPJN are a bit misleading. The starting salaries for each step are accurate, but all further years up the same rank are not, because nobody knows what the inflation correction will be during those years.

On top of your basic salary you will still earn a bonus that is based on block hours per year. Depending on your fleet and how many hours you fly, this can go beyond 30,000 EUR, in the future it will be even more. I'd say that the average pilot will get something between 15,000 and 25,000 EUR extra per year.

EatMyShorts!
21st Sep 2021, 11:38
I hope it has changed, I really do. I want to think I was there at the wrong time with the wrong people but was it? It has changed. Although, last year I was on the receiving end of "the mistake", but luckily we all were re-employed quickly in our former ranks, salaries, vacation-entitlements etc.. Still, it was an "interesting" experience that I do not wish to anyone.

Basically, in this modern world, there's nothing for sure anymore. What we certainly do know is, that this segment of aviation is booming again and that we are really, really busy and that we are getting paid for it. Despite the hiccup in 2020, I am still proud to still work with all the fine colleagues at Netjets - this is the essence. After a few months, a plane is just a plane. It's the people that you have to get along with.

Kasper Nielsen
21st Sep 2021, 11:45
Hi
Does any body know what the 10 min online assessment is about. You received a link after you have filled the application?

happyjack
21st Sep 2021, 12:56
EatMyShorts.
It may have changed but they still refuse to own up to their past errors. I am still waiting for the tens of thousands of euros they owe me in court costs plus, most importantly, an apology?
That will never come, I know as not only did I challenge them, I was the first to win against them after many other failed attempts from others. They hate that.
I can accept when I am wrong, unfortunately NJE cannot.
I still know colleages at NJE that sing it's praises.........right up until they get shafted! Then it's the same story.

If you can keep your nose clean and survive NJE it can be a resonable job. A career??? No way. It will bite you. They will drop you when it is convenient, no question.

the boy
21st Sep 2021, 13:49
I see mentions here of 5-10 years to command?

Current demographics show that this is closer to 15 years.

Just trying to paint an honest picture for those thinking of applying, who will be staring at the RHS of a light jet for the foreseeable future.

buzzc152
21st Sep 2021, 15:49
No, 5-10 years is reasonable. Quite possibly on the lower side of that estimate. There are a LOT of retirements coming up in that time frame. Of course, if the whole world falls over with some crisis of some sort then it’s anyone’s guess but that goes without saying I think.
edit to add ; it also depends a lot on where in the 90 new hires you are. The first newbies taken on of course will be more senior and therefore several years closer to upgrade compared to the guys at the back.

Boomless
21st Sep 2021, 18:39
Hey guys :ok:

I applied as well to Netjets, but still a bit confused about the monthly average salary after tax (maybe around 3.000€ net?), per diems/adicional pay and bonus based on block hours...

I have lost my job due to Covid and now i got a freelance job to fly wide body abroad but the conditions are really awful.
I logged in 6000hrs on comercial jet, but still FO for having being jumping from one place to another and at this time of my life with 40+ years old, i am definitely now looking for some stability and a secure job at home base, social security and taxes payed, and with good perspectives for the future.

I really wouldn't mind to fly business jet, this life style of 6/5 and a reasonable pay with a permanent contract? Suits me perfectly!

So i am very interested in this oportunity, anyone else in the same situation?

Would be nice to have some thoughts and feedbacks from all of you.
PM are welcome as well :)

Safe flights and thanks in advance for your replies!

EatMyShorts!
21st Sep 2021, 19:01
Hello unhappyjack,
EatMyShorts.
It may have changed but they still refuse to own up to their past errors. I am still waiting for the tens of thousands of euros they owe me in court costs plus, most importantly, an apology?
That will never come, I know as not only did I challenge them, I was the first to win against them after many other failed attempts from others. They hate that.
I can accept when I am wrong, unfortunately NJE cannot.
I still know colleages at NJE that sing it's praises.........right up until they get shafted! Then it's the same story.

If you can keep your nose clean and survive NJE it can be a resonable job. A career??? No way. It will bite you. They will drop you when it is convenient, no question.
I am sorry that you have made such a bad experience with Netjets. This is NOT the norm, though! It may be true that the company does not like to admit to mistakes that former-former-former-former-former-former-former managers have made, but as I have joined the company in 2004 and have seen many management teams come and go, me and 100 to 200 of other very senior pilots will tell you that such management-style is gone. We made our careers, most became captains rather quickly. Some f***ed up repeatedly and had to leave or became victims of the world financial crisis that bit us hard. That is tough and there is nothing to defend the company for doing wrong at times.

2020 was another black spot, yes. As I wrote, I was affected by it as well, but this is not due to the company, but due to management and the guy was axed more than a year ago. Is everything fine now? No. Are many things better now? Yes.
Surely, this company MAY react stupidly in times of crisis, we got the proof for this. But the Netjets that you experienced in 2002 is a completely different company from what it is now. The union is stronger than it was before, in your days at Netjets it did not exist at all.

You can lose your job in any company in times of crisis! I'm rather here than almost anywhere else. Airlines, pffffft, what a boring life. And you have to work.

Globally Challenged
22nd Sep 2021, 05:48
Hey guys :ok:

I applied as well to Netjets, but still a bit confused about the monthly average salary after tax (maybe around 3.000€ net?), per diems/adicional pay and bonus based on block hours...

I have lost my job due to Covid and now i got a freelance job to fly wide body abroad but the conditions are really awful.
I logged in 6000hrs on comercial jet, but still FO for having being jumping from one place to another and at this time of my life with 40+ years old, i am definitely now looking for some stability and a secure job at home base, social security and taxes payed, and with good perspectives for the future.

I really wouldn't mind to fly business jet, this life style of 6/5 and a reasonable pay with a permanent contract? Suits me perfectly!

So i am very interested in this oportunity, anyone else in the same situation?

Would be nice to have some thoughts and feedbacks from all of you.
PM are welcome as well :)

Safe flights and thanks in advance for your replies!

I have been in the company around 3 years so I’m not on the SFO salary given above.

My net this month was slightly over £6000 in the RHS (though this is inflated somewhat due to volunteering for the seasonal tour based pay). Oh - also I got something like €650 in per diems (less than EU based colleagues as UK crews are partially taxed on per diems now) on top of that.

At the end of the year I will get a performance bonus for the same hours I was already rewarded for from the sessional block hour pay. Double dipping 👍👍

You will not be struggling to feed your family here.

Raw15
22nd Sep 2021, 07:01
Hi all,

Thank you for this valuable information.

What about SOPs and salfety culture? I would appreciate to learn more for instance on automation policy?

Cheers,

Boomless
22nd Sep 2021, 08:06
I have been in the company around 3 years so I’m not on the SFO salary given above.

My net this month was slightly over £6000 in the RHS (though this is inflated somewhat due to volunteering for the seasonal tour based pay). Oh - also I got something like €650 in per diems (less than EU based colleagues as UK crews are partially taxed on per diems now) on top of that.

At the end of the year I will get a performance bonus for the same hours I was already rewarded for from the sessional block hour pay. Double dipping 👍👍

Hi Globally Challenged

Thanks for the infos :ok:

Sounds like a good salary indeed :D

Moonwalker
22nd Sep 2021, 09:40

Well must be heavily inflated by the seasonal tour based pay. Year three salary should give you around 3600 pounds in your hand plus per diems if I calculated it correct? It's great that you can take home 6000 pounds in a month but what is interesting is what your base salary is. Who knows how much over time there will be in the future? Plus I presume you need to come in on your off days to get that type of money?

Globally Challenged
22nd Sep 2021, 10:01
Well must be heavily inflated by the seasonal tour based pay. Year three salary should give you around 3600 pounds in your hand plus per diems if I calculated it correct? It's great that you can take home 6000 pounds in a month but what is interesting is what your base salary is. Who knows how much over time there will be in the future? Plus I presume you need to come in on your off days to get that type of money?

OFF is OFF at NetJets. You can volunteer to work extended days (I didn’t). I have volunteered to adjust my contracted days from 200 to 208 which lifts my basic salary to €69615. My roster during the summer has been 6 on 4 off.

Tour based pay has been good for me (it depends on what variety of options your volunteered for and also depends greatly on your gateway - being London based means I usually fly for the full 6 days where other locations can be airlining on days 1 and 6). This month it was €4995 before tax for the TBP.

My personal TBP rate based on vacation and roster changes I volunteered for is €143.33 per hour over a given threshold based on length of tour. (Those hours will be rewarded again at the end of the year with a tiered hourly rate)

One of our SFOs nets €10k per month - but he is almost never home … horses for courses here as you can also opt for flexible working to reduce your work days way down

Globally Challenged
22nd Sep 2021, 10:20
Hi all,

Thank you for this valuable information.

What about SOPs and salfety culture? I would appreciate to learn more for instance on automation policy?

Cheers,

SOPs are similar to airline.

Safety culture is superb - never any questions asked if you are fatigued etc or you need to ground an aircraft (it’s recommended to speak to the company first as they may have a solution ). Very unusual in my experience working for other GA operators where oddly enough, faults only ever get found back at base 😉🧐🧐🧐

We are encouraged to disengage automatics when workload / situation allows. Visual approaches are not at all unusual for us.

Raw15
22nd Sep 2021, 11:23
SOPs are similar to airline.

Safety culture is superb - never any questions asked if you are fatigued etc or you need to ground an aircraft (it’s recommended to speak to the company first as they may have a solution ). Very unusual in my experience working for other GA operators where oddly enough, faults only ever get found back at base 😉🧐🧐🧐

We are encouraged to disengage automatics when workload / situation allows. Visual approaches are not at all unusual for us.

Good to hear that, thank you !

PontiusPilotus
23rd Sep 2021, 04:44
Hi all,

Very interesting topics are discussed here and I thank all of you who give us an insight of the Netjets conditions.

I as well am waiting for a response of the company on this August FO vacancy.

anyone has had a call or email yet as a response to the application?

5strypes
23rd Sep 2021, 09:42
Hi all,

Very interesting topics are discussed here and I thank all of you who give us an insight of the Netjets conditions.

anyone has had a call or email yet as a response to the application?

Nothing yet. Though I can imagine with >1100 applications it may be a slightly slower than anticipated process.

Moonwalker
23rd Sep 2021, 10:25
Nothing yet. Though I can imagine with >1100 applications it may be a slightly slower than anticipated process.

Surprised it's not more. Vistajet received more than 4000 when they opened the doors and NJ offers much better T&C.

EatMyShorts!
23rd Sep 2021, 12:49
Most pilots seem to be too posh to fly a Phenom, XLS or Latitude. Many want a guaranteed seat on a Challenger or Global. That's the market!

Moonwalker
23rd Sep 2021, 18:09
Most pilots seem to be too posh to fly a Phenom, XLS or Latitude. Many want a guaranteed seat on a Challenger or Global. That's the market!

Not sure it's just about being too posh to fly a smaller airframe. NJ management has showed more than once now over a decade that as soon as there is any form of dip in the market, the first thing they do is to lay off people. Doesn't matter if there is a "new management", the culture is there. With this in mind, being employable is critical. Flying a Global with 45 tons MTOM surely qualifies you for more jobs than a Phenom rating if you for any reason have to look for a new job. Flying a phenom inside the walls of NJ is of course great, but I know more than one who were let go around 2013-2015 with XLS ratings. 5+ years in the LHS at NJ were great as long as it lasted but once they were out they had to buy themselves a 737 rating to land a new job...in the RHS.

Winged Lion
23rd Sep 2021, 20:51
Not sure it's just about being too posh to fly a smaller airframe. NJ management has showed more than once now over a decade that as soon as there is any form of dip in the market, the first thing they do is to lay off people. Doesn't matter if there is a "new management", the culture is there. With this in mind, being employable is critical. Flying a Global with 45 tons MTOM surely qualifies you for more jobs than a Phenom rating if you for any reason have to look for a new job. Flying a phenom inside the walls of NJ is of course great, but I know more than one who were let go around 2013-2015 with XLS ratings. 5+ years in the LHS at NJ were great as long as it lasted but once they were out they had to buy themselves a 737 rating to land a new job...in the RHS.

I agree, there's more to it than just personal taste and preference for aircraft. I wouldn't want to be one of the guys holding an A380 rating right now too, for example. Yet, that's an amazing and unique aircraft and most definitely not "small" so it must not be about that. Covid was a nice eyeopener, in many ways. Some get out of airlines, some do the opposite, some change aircraft type to a more popular one for job-hunting purposes or some do not want to sacrifice most of their family-time for earn-money-time like they used to do before anymore. We have to think 3-dimensional now. Just looking at one aspect and 'going for it' is not going to help you in the future unfortunately.

EatMyShorts!
23rd Sep 2021, 21:44
Ha, "too posh" was great to fish for comments, it worked! :)

Of course those ratings are not worth a lot on the market outside of Netjets. Nowhere will anyone pay you 120k EUR per year as a captain on a Phenom/Citation XLS. I am on a large cabin (not Global) type, but still not worth that much, as it is some kind of exotic plane and the pilot market is rather saturated on that type. After getting laid off last year, I was ready for being unemployed for 2 years, such is life. And, yes, it is true that the company seems to get nervous quickly when a financial crisis happens. The case last year was different though. I cannot and will not comment too much on it. In general the company is and was in good shape and we did not have surplus aircraft&crew, it was just a stupid decision, luckily it was reversed quickly. In 2010 we had 160+ aircraft for a market that only supported 90 to 100. A different ballgame.

PS: type ratings for biz jets are forbiddingly expensive. When you want to go for the airlines and you have to pay for rating, it's usually very, very cheap. B737 or A320? 13,000 EUR. Bizjet? 40,000 EUR....

paule737
23rd Sep 2021, 22:05
Surprised it's not more. Vistajet received more than 4000 when they opened the doors and NJ offers much better T&C.

Could be the prospect of up to 10 years RHS - especially if you have been a Captain before!

Pretty sure COVID won’t change that, keeping in mind, that the aviation business in general seems to be picking up quicker than anticipated. Virgin, Emirates etc pp. have started recalling people. BA and others will follow pretty soon….

Moonwalker
23rd Sep 2021, 22:27
Ha, "too posh" was great to fish for comments, it worked! :)

Of course those ratings are not worth a lot on the market outside of Netjets. Nowhere will anyone pay you 120k EUR per year as a captain on a Phenom/Citation XLS. I am on a large cabin (not Global) type, but still not worth that much, as it is some kind of exotic plane and the pilot market is rather saturated on that type. After getting laid off last year, I was ready for being unemployed for 2 years, such is life. And, yes, it is true that the company seems to get nervous quickly when a financial crisis happens. The case last year was different though. I cannot and will not comment too much on it. In general the company is and was in good shape and we did not have surplus aircraft&crew, it was just a stupid decision, luckily it was reversed quickly. In 2010 we had 160+ aircraft for a market that only supported 90 to 100. A different ballgame.

PS: type ratings for biz jets are forbiddingly expensive. When you want to go for the airlines and you have to pay for rating, it's usually very, very cheap. B737 or A320? 13,000 EUR. Bizjet? 40,000 EUR....

Sorry I wasn't clear with what I meant. I meant that an aircraft with a weight of around 50 tons would qualify you for more options than a phenom/XLS type of weight. Not meaning a Global/Challenger rating would give you any jobs itself... With pic time on a Global you could even qualify as DEC for many low cost ops in the weight class of a Boeing/Airbus (when market permits). That's difficult with a XLS rating...

EatMyShorts!
24th Sep 2021, 09:44
Sorry I wasn't clear with what I meant. I meant that an aircraft with a weight of around 50 tons would qualify you for more options than a phenom/XLS type of weight. Not meaning a Global/Challenger rating would give you any jobs itself... With pic time on a Global you could even qualify as DEC for many low cost ops in the weight class of a Boeing/Airbus (when market permits). That's difficult with a XLS rating...
Hi Moonwalker,

but actually, this is true. A rating on a Global or Gulfstream will give you some freelance or even full time contracts with reasonable pay, while the smaller fleets will not leave you in a good position. The average salary for a light jet is considerably lower than what Netjets pays its crews. That's why I like the company, you make the same basic salary, no matter what fleet you are on. And: the smaller your plane, the higher you bonus will be, because without APU and without FA, a factor is applied and the bonus will be quite a bit higher than what the guys and girls on the attended fleets get as extra. This is quite unique and I think that it is absolutely fair.

Mike Oxbig
24th Sep 2021, 16:02

First Indoc course is due to be in Dec, so the team will have to get it's skates on if selecting crew with a 3 month notice period.

happyjack
25th Sep 2021, 12:19
"Sorry I wasn't clear with what I meant. I meant that an aircraft with a weight of around 50 tons would qualify you for more options than a phenom/XLS type of weight. Not meaning a Global/Challenger rating would give you any jobs itself... With pic time on a Global you could even qualify as DEC for many low cost ops in the weight class of a Boeing/Airbus (when market permits). That's difficult with a XLS rating..."

Sorry but that is totally wrong and a mistake many make.

I was flying a GV for many years and it qualified me for no other position bar another GV later when it came down to it. No one cares what you have been doing, only what current type you have for the job.

No-one wants to spend on training so whatever job is going you need a current rating with very recent hours to get a look in.

Hours and experience on heavy long range exec jets mean nothing beyond a type job you are applying for.

And just so you know... all the small/mid jet jobs are in Europe. The Long range jet jobs are in China and beyond.

Denti
25th Sep 2021, 18:22
It all depends. I know easyJet used 50t for non type rated DECs in the last years, of course they still required the DECs to pay for the rating themselves, albeit with the possibility to pay if from their salary in installments. That said, it is unlikely to see that again in the next few years.

Boomless
26th Sep 2021, 10:17
For all NJE pilots posting here, many thanks for the infos.
I am still waiting for the outcome of my application but i was wondering if there is any info available regarding interview questions/simulator scenarios, and also if any ideia of what type of Aircraft/Simulator for those who make it to the sim?
PM are very welcome :ok:

Safe flights to all of you!

Mike Oxbig
27th Sep 2021, 07:01
Hi Boomless,
I am not part of the interview team but reckon the sim scenario will involve hand flying an SID and I think a 2D approach or an ILS. Expect some sort of scenario that will involve displaying captaincy / airmanship (can we still use that word or is it airpersonship now?) such as low fuel, diversion, pax problem. For the interview no idea but there should be the usual questions on tech, performance, met, customer service and CRM plus some sort of HR input (are you prepared to move house to be within 1 hour of gateway, are there family concerns with 5 nights away, your attitude to frequent short notice changes for example). No idea of which aircraft for the sim - probably depends on what is available but fairly sure it will be a business jet, not an Airbus or Boeing but no promises!
I don't want to give away too much otherwise that negates the whole interview process.
Good luck to all - looking forward to having some fresh blood on the line.

Boomless
27th Sep 2021, 08:28
Hi Boomless,
I am not part of the interview team but reckon the sim scenario will involve hand flying an SID and I think a 2D approach or an ILS. Expect some sort of scenario that will involve displaying captaincy / airmanship (can we still use that word or is it airpersonship now?) such as low fuel, diversion, pax problem. For the interview no idea but there should be the usual questions on tech, performance, met, customer service and CRM plus some sort of HR input (are you prepared to move house to be within 1 hour of gateway, are there family concerns with 5 nights away, your attitude to frequent short notice changes for example). No idea of which aircraft for the sim - probably depends on what is available but fairly sure it will be a business jet, not an Airbus or Boeing but no promises!
I don't want to give away too much otherwise that negates the whole interview process.
Good luck to all - looking forward to having some fresh blood on the line.

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for your reply and precious information.
Sounds like pretty straight forward process, this topics (Airmanship, CRM, problem solving scenarios, customer service oriented) are in fact the most relevant and makes perfect sense to evaluate the candidates on this.
Again, thank you for sharing this with us! That´s true fellowship :ok:

TheFatViking
27th Sep 2021, 15:21
No answer from recruitment here either. Hoping to become a part of NJE, heard a lot of good things about the company. Good luck to all.

jmvdb22
27th Sep 2021, 19:40
Wondering as well when the first responses go out, or if people are just staying quiet when they did 😂

MostAnnoying
27th Sep 2021, 19:55
Wondering as well when the first responses go out, or if people are just staying quiet when they did 😂

thats tends to be the practice around here. Makes sure they don’t get bombarded with DM’s

GoatriderClassic
28th Sep 2021, 11:54
Hi everyone, does somebody have an idea as how much of a mandatory requirement is the PBN Training Certificate/PBN licence endorsement during the NJE selection process?

On Kura website it was listed as a "desirable", not mandatory, but later on in the text it seemed as a mandatory requirement again.
Currently I only have a valid typerating (ME/IR, 70t. JET) on my licence without PBN and LVO endorsements. However it was on my licence in the past while I was operating for a previous company. That said it should be only a matter of few approaches during a possible T/R.
Thanks for any input and fingers crossed for all in the NJE selection :ok:

Boomless
28th Sep 2021, 16:03
Hi GoatriderClassic,

I am not sure of this but, i have the idea that PBN license endorsement is related to the type where you had the proficiency check that included RNP Approaches exercises.
Once you change type, you loose the privilege to operate RNP Approaches, CAA will not endorse PBN on your new type rating license, unless you practice RNP APP again during the new type rating.
Did you fly a different type on previous company? If its the same type, did you practice RNP during the OCC simulators for the new company?
Again, this is just my guess, my advice is to check with your training dep or CAA.
Nevertheless, i understood according to the Kura website, its a "desirable" requirement and a new type rating in NJE or elsewhere, they can easily add some RNP APP on your simulators profiles and tick it in the box, i wouldn't worry to much about it.

Winged Lion
28th Sep 2021, 18:19
According to the FAQ the "Online Interview and Document Verification" should have started 20th september. That means it is ongoing for 8 days already. Let's see, I have not received anything yet.

TheFatViking
28th Sep 2021, 18:55
Yeah, FAQs also says we will all know by Friday next week.

Winged Lion
28th Sep 2021, 19:47
Yeah, FAQs also says we will all know by Friday next week.

Is that because you counted 14 days from the closing day of application?

The "You can expect to hear the outcome of the selection process within 10-14 days" part is only after stage 3 I believe, which is going to start at 24th of October.

MostAnnoying
28th Sep 2021, 22:41

The "You can expect to hear the outcome of the selection process within 10-14 days" part is only after stage 3 I believe, which is going to start at 24th of October.

i have “you will hear no later than October 8th”

TheFatViking
29th Sep 2021, 05:13

it says in the email you received about the online assessment.

jmvdb22
29th Sep 2021, 13:31
I wonder if when they set up that autoreply they expected 1100+ applicants 😂

Moonwalker
29th Sep 2021, 14:25
"Sorry I wasn't clear with what I meant. I meant that an aircraft with a weight of around 50 tons would qualify you for more options than a phenom/XLS type of weight. Not meaning a Global/Challenger rating would give you any jobs itself... With pic time on a Global you could even qualify as DEC for many low cost ops in the weight class of a Boeing/Airbus (when market permits). That's difficult with a XLS rating..."

Sorry but that is totally wrong and a mistake many make.

I was flying a GV for many years and it qualified me for no other position bar another GV later when it came down to it. No one cares what you have been doing, only what current type you have for the job.

No-one wants to spend on training so whatever job is going you need a current rating with very recent hours to get a look in.

Hours and experience on heavy long range exec jets mean nothing beyond a type job you are applying for.

And just so you know... all the small/mid jet jobs are in Europe. The Long range jet jobs are in China and beyond.

Not it's not wrong. Depends also where you live. I mainly talk about European based pilots and also depends a bit on your background. Unlikely they would hire someone with just owners experience into DEC on a 737/A320. But if you have a bit of commuter airline background, 1000 hrs PIC Gulfstream or Global from a more structured environment with good SOP then I know some that have joined directly into the left hand seat at Easy, Jet2, Wizz, Ryan etc. Yes in some places you have to pay for the type rating, but it does put you straight into the LHS. That was my main point. Of course unlikely to happen in the next years or so but time will come back.

HelmutKohl
29th Sep 2021, 15:11
Hi GoatriderClassic,

I am not sure of this but, i have the idea that PBN license endorsement is related to the type where you had the proficiency check that included RNP Approaches exercises.
Once you change type, you loose the privilege to operate RNP Approaches, CAA will not endorse PBN on your new type rating license, unless you practice RNP APP again during the new type rating.
Did you fly a different type on previous company? If its the same type, did you practice RNP during the OCC simulators for the new company?
Again, this is just my guess, my advice is to check with your training dep or CAA.
Nevertheless, i understood according to the Kura website, its a "desirable" requirement and a new type rating in NJE or elsewhere, they can easily add some RNP APP on your simulators profiles and tick it in the box, i wouldn't worry to much about it.

The way I understand it is that the PBN endorsement is related to the IR validity, and therefore should not either differ between types neither require any sort of "update" to remain current besides what is required PC wise to keep the IR current.
Also at least my CAA does not issue any specific certificate or endorsement, they just keep a form on file from the examiner. So I don´t have any good "proof", besides the fact that a valid IR issued after 25 August 2020 includes a completion of PBN certification, otherwise the IR will not be issued.
So if holding a valid IR that in itself should solve the problem.

I do however have a issued certificate for completion of training in RNP-AR approaches, which is necessary for conducting these. However that might not be valid unless completed in the company with the RNP-AR approval, as they are AOC based. I don´t know how that works really..

Long story short: I did not submit anything besides my valid IR/Rating in the field for PBN, and if Kura ask me about it I will provide the answer above.
However, I assume I could email my CAA and ask them for a copy of the certification they probably have on file, and then send them that one. :)

FlightDetent
30th Sep 2021, 05:05
FWIW the rating entries on my licence show: AC_TYPE/IR/LVP/PBN. Single line, identical validity.

EASA, issued in central EU before 25 August 2020. Haven't done the renewals yet.

PontiusPilotus
30th Sep 2021, 07:59
Today an email got into my inbox regarding the next phase (2) of selections which is an online assessment

Fingers crossed for all applicants and may the results be prosperous.

Boomless
30th Sep 2021, 08:24
Today an email got into my inbox regarding the next phase (2) of selections which is an online assessment

Hi PontiusPilotus,

The stage 1 is Application and Online assessment, stage 2 Online interview and Documents verification... maybe is Online interview for you at this stage?
Still nothing here for me.

MostAnnoying
30th Sep 2021, 09:36

i got that directly after applying. Is it the one regarding the 5-6 questions ?

PontiusPilotus
30th Sep 2021, 10:59
As far as I know it is an online assessment to be completed within 48hours with 4 different modules.

nunofrednunes
30th Sep 2021, 14:58
Thanks to all the Netjets pilots who kept sharing valuable insights.

I love the crews I work with, the overnights can be amazing, the job variety and the interactions with our owners is something I really enjoy, flying into Samedan on a clear winter's day is incredible.

Mind if I ask what a "typical" overnight is at Netjets?

With 6 working days (maybe 2 with airline time); duty time being maximized for the conditions... is it arrive in the afternoon and leave early next morning?
Does it ever reach a situation where you arrive late at night in one day, spend the next at that location and leave very early on the third day (something we see at airlines that have a flight returning to base as early as possible from a network location).

I know it sounds nitpicking but that rest day (not day off) at a location can give a very "balanced" rhythm to a work month.

pifpafpouf
30th Sep 2021, 17:51
As a Reply to 2 preceding questions, phase 2 is very similar to Easyjet taleo screening : work related questions (20x5) , the beacon exercise, multitasking (equation + double occurrence + arrow direction (it’s runway positioning in EZY) and the « tunnel » to go through, nothing out of the ordinary, I should say.

awaiting reply from recruitment team now

redsnail
30th Sep 2021, 19:28
"typical" overnight is at Netjets?
Ola Nuno,
As with anything with NetJets, "it depends". There are FTL that govern how much rest you're owed. In summer, it's not unusual to have minimum rest, eg arrive at the hotel at 6pm and have to leave 11-ish hours later. Usually if you've been worked hard for the first 3 days, day 4 is tame so they can max you on days 5 & 6.
Often the main hubs have minimum or not a lot of time to explore versus the "out of the way" places where you may have a chance to take a breather and explore.

Occasionally you'll get the classic absolute min rest or even reduced rest. What I am trying to say is that there is no "typical".

Boomless
1st Oct 2021, 14:33
I am wondering if, for those who haven´t received yet the email to complete the online assessment by now, if it means "game over" or will they still keep sending to other candidates in the next few days...?

TheFatViking
1st Oct 2021, 15:54
Thanks to all the NJE employees who have been shedding the light upon the day to day at the company, and if the listed negatives are the worst parts of NJE then I must say I really hope to become a part of the company. I'd happily complain about airline-ing around Europe on day 1 and 6!

Does Netjets allow any moonlighting for a non-competing operation? Say that you have your own company and work as a consultant for an R&D-company? Might be a very strange and niche question but if someone knows if it's allowed then it would be another huge plus for me. Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Globally Challenged
1st Oct 2021, 17:49
Thanks to all the NJE employees who have been shedding the light upon the day to day at the company, and if the listed negatives are the worst parts of NJE then I must say I really hope to become a part of the company. I'd happily complain about airline-ing around Europe on day 1 and 6!

Does Netjets allow any moonlighting for a non-competing operation? Say that you have your own company and work as a consultant for an R&D-company? Might be a very strange and niche question but if someone knows if it's allowed then it would be another huge plus for me. Thanks again and have a great weekend.

You have to have express written permission for this sort of thing and it needs to comply with FTLs etc - no idea how many of us do it as I’m no fan of paperwork. Though this would be for flying.

if it’s office style work then I imagine this is less problematic.

TheFatViking
1st Oct 2021, 18:27
You have to have express written permission for this sort of thing and it needs to comply with FTLs etc - no idea how many of us do it as I’m no fan of paperwork. Though this would be for flying.

if it’s office style work then I imagine this is less problematic.

Thank you for the answer, that's fantastic. It is only office type work, so that seems like a benefit again. Great!

Tailstrik
2nd Oct 2021, 07:16
Did Kura finish with the invitations for the second stage or it is still going on during next week?

Winged Lion
2nd Oct 2021, 12:28

You are absolutely right, I totally forgot about that. Well, we’re about to enter last week then..

Sky95
2nd Oct 2021, 19:43
As a Reply to 2 preceding questions, phase 2 is very similar to Easyjet taleo screening : work related questions (20x5) , the beacon exercise, multitasking (equation + double occurrence + arrow direction (it’s runway positioning in EZY) and the « tunnel » to go through, nothing out of the ordinary, I should say.

awaiting reply from recruitment team now
What's the beacon exercise?

Nick 1
2nd Oct 2021, 22:09
Brecon beacons ....is part of SAS selection ,walk 64 km in 20 hours carring 11 kg...

redsnail
3rd Oct 2021, 06:28
Known by us as "going the extra mile" ;)
Often seen on the brief when the ground transport says "self arrange" :D

SMOOTHFLIER
4th Oct 2021, 00:15
completed the stage 2 tests and wondering if anyone knows the actual starting salary? pilotsjobsnetwork states 58k + 70 euro per diem. That would be approx 58+14= 72k. The volunteer extra days 208 per year + bonus of 25k would mean 72+25= 97k?
Could any current netjets pilot share the expected salary for a new joiner please?
Also any info to prepare for stage 3 would be most appreciated.
cheers

pifpafpouf
4th Oct 2021, 14:49
What's the beacon exercise?

CUT-E spatial orientation.

Did Kura finish with the invitations for the second stage or it is still going on during next week?

Received email today for online interview this week.

Boomless
4th Oct 2021, 17:05
Has any candidate already received a negative response to the application, or are they keeping us all simmering until the 8th?

Sky95
4th Oct 2021, 19:08
Keeping everyone until 8th I think 😂😂
Stay strong and belive you can do it 💪💪💯

EatMyShorts!
4th Oct 2021, 19:34
completed the stage 2 tests and wondering if anyone knows the actual starting salary? pilotsjobsnetwork states 58k + 70 euro per diem. That would be approx 58+14= 72k. The volunteer extra days 208 per year + bonus of 25k would mean 72+25= 97k?
Could any current netjets pilot share the expected salary for a new joiner please?
Also any info to prepare for stage 3 would be most appreciated.
cheers
The figures on PPJN are rather accurate. Also check this: https://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/642679-netjets-europe-hiring-again-3.html#post11114460

Boomless
4th Oct 2021, 20:00
Keeping everyone until 8th I think 😂😂
Stay strong and belive you can do it 💪💪💯
I don't think we still have a chance, the most likely is that we haven't been selected...

buzzc152
5th Oct 2021, 06:27
Regarding the extra days (208,216,220 etc). This was the first year we tried this scheme and not everyone who applied got it as it was seniority & fleet based so please don’t make any assumptions. I’ve no idea if we will be doing it again next year. Ditto the Productivity Bonus, there is a union vote soon as to how we want to proceed with that.

On another note, could anyone who has done the online interview drop me a note and let me know what was involved. I’m asking for a friend who’s applied. Cheers

EatMyShorts!
5th Oct 2021, 10:38
Yes, don't count on the planed extra working days (FW = Flexible Work). As buzz wrote, some fleets are overcrewed and it is unlikely that they need to motivate any or many existing fleet crew to do FW204 or more in summer (JUN-SEP). On some fleets, all got their flex work requests approved, due to crewing. Count on your base salary, per diems and annual block hour bonus when you exceed 100 planned block hours. The rest is just a bonus.

jiair
5th Oct 2021, 18:56
Sorry guys I have the most trivial question ...Is the XLS fleet avionics retrofited with G5000 or is it still the good'old style Proline? It's really out of curiosity.
Good luck to everybody and many thanks to all the guys providing infos here :)
Cheers

733driver
5th Oct 2021, 20:14
Sorry guys I have the most trivial question ...Is the XLS fleet avionics retrofited with G5000 or is it still the good'old style Proline? It's really out of curiosity.
Good luck to everybody and many thanks to all the guys providing infos here :)
Cheers

Neither. It's the not so good but old Honeywell 1000
edited to say: it does the job.nothing wrong with it.

cbr58
6th Oct 2021, 10:40
Anyone here who has already attended the online interview? I got conflicting infos about the content. In the FAQ they talk about strength/competency and knowledges and in the email just strength/competency. Can you shed some light on it?

captain.weird
6th Oct 2021, 11:43
Anyone here who has already attended the online interview? I got conflicting infos about the content. In the FAQ they talk about strength/competency and knowledges and in the email just strength/competency. Can you shed some light on it?

When did you receive the email for the online interview and when did you complete the online Cut-E assessment?

cbr58
6th Oct 2021, 11:54
I got the invitation to the online interview two days ago. I don't remember exactly when I did the Cut-E assessment, something like a week before.

Ridinghigh
6th Oct 2021, 14:45
I passed the online assessment. now preparing for the interview.

Does anyone knows what to expect?

PontiusPilotus
6th Oct 2021, 15:06
I passed the online assessment. now preparing for the interview.

Does anyone knows what to expect?

can I ask you how you know you passed the test? Did you get some sort of confirmation email or an invitation for the online interview?

wondering if they send you feedback in case you don’t pass the online assessment.

Phalare
6th Oct 2021, 15:31
Hi folks,

Has anyone else not received any email after the initial link to the online assessment either ?

Thanks !

PontiusPilotus
6th Oct 2021, 15:42
Hi folks,

Has anyone else not received any email after the initial link to the online assessment either ?

Thanks !
no email since 30/9/21 with the link for online assessment (aka CUT-E)

Phalare
6th Oct 2021, 15:53
no email since 30/9/21 with the link for online assessment (aka CUT-E)
I meant the initial online assessment, right after you applied...

Sky95
6th Oct 2021, 16:06
I meant the initial online assessment, right after you applied...

Same as you i didn't receive any email after the quiz plus the 2 questions that you have to answer with your words.

May I ask you more or less your experience? Hours?

​​​​

pifpafpouf
6th Oct 2021, 19:05
Went through interview today,

all I can say is that it’s non technical / focus on who you are, why you want to join, and what makes your profile fit.

you’re asked to confirm your documents (licenses. Endorsements, flight time) but that’s only Q&A, guess the document check is done once at farnborough.

interviews are running until the 12th so not expecting an answer before that, Sim+ face 2 face interview held last week of the month in U.K

good luck to all

Winged Lion
6th Oct 2021, 19:34
I haven't received anything after their initial auto e-mail whereafter you are required to answer some questions. I have 4000+ airline experience and match all requirements. Really pity. The excitement has dropped to zero very fast.

GoatriderClassic
6th Oct 2021, 19:41
Hi guys, while reading your latest posts I'm already getting a little confused - how many online assessment levels are there?
My understanding was following:
1) few multichoice + two open answer questions right after the "registration"
2) "CUT-E" like assesment next

Which leaves the competency/strength/tech questions for the possible face2face session in Farnborough or this should be done as a follow up to the "CUT-E/part 2" of the online assessment (if you pass?).
I recall that the Kura FAQ file mentioned some tips for an Zoom/Teams interview, but I expected this as a "part 2" so I was fairly surprised when it contained only the "CUT-E" like tests.

Can anyone shed some light on this please? Thanks!

pifpafpouf
6th Oct 2021, 21:33
1 is the initial with the 2 essay questions
2 is the CUT-E type assessment
3 is online Zoom Interview (running from 5-12 oct in my batch at least)
4 is simulator/face-2-face interview (25-31 oct in farnborough)

they put it into phases but that’s the way it goes

Tailstrik
7th Oct 2021, 06:45
I haven't received anything after their initial auto e-mail whereafter you are required to answer some questions. I have 4000+ airline experience and match all requirements. Really pity. The excitement has dropped to zero very fast.

Same here, 7000h, B787 and B737, SFI, bachelor degree, level 5 etc. Never got called. I know people with less experience got invited to the next stage. I dont think depends of the eassy, I reckon its just luck to get your cv picked. All the best, better is yet to come

Boomless
7th Oct 2021, 09:10
Same here, 7000h, B787 and B737, SFI, bachelor degree, level 5 etc. Never got called. I know people with less experience got invited to the next stage. I dont think depends of the eassy, I reckon its just luck to get your cv picked. All the best, better is yet to come

Same here guys, 7000h+ on comercial airlines, including wide body and no answer yet... but better days will come for us!
All the best and safe flights!

EatMyShorts!
7th Oct 2021, 09:14
Good luck to you all! Indeed, better times will come for our airline brothers and sisters, don't despair.

Phalare
7th Oct 2021, 09:43
Good luck to you all! Indeed, better times will come for our airline brothers and sisters, don't despair.

I come from the GA world so it's not only the airlines guys. Good luck to all anyways!
​​​​​​

PontiusPilotus
7th Oct 2021, 09:47
8000+ Hours on global networks, wide body, incl PIC hours , with FI rating and recent activity….
whether you are airliner or GA , experience or not, let’s be humble! Over 1200 applicants for only just below a 100 seats, it’s a tough job to select in between the hours and ratings for everyone

pifpafpouf
7th Oct 2021, 10:55
There’s always a bit of lottery I guess when the market is saturated in the wrong way. The “cut-e” thresholds can also be adjusted percentile wise to be very sensitive.
4000+ H mostly airline, 3 years customer service exec.
I doubt heavy/pic/FI hours matter much to go for years RHS of a 8T MTOW.

anyway, best of luck to all.

Joe le Taxi
7th Oct 2021, 10:56
Good luck to you all! Indeed, better times will come for our airline brothers and sisters, don't despair. In my experience, pilots who have only known airline ops, cope relatively poorly with the flexibility, common sense and personal VVIP client service required of biz jets; and the ones who rubbed everyone up the wrong way with an "attitude" have all been Flag carrier retirees - in a couple of cases, unmitigated nightmares! Most operators are aware of this history, so that's probably a factor. A colleague got to interview with similar experience, but also had a lot of bizjet experience, plus a licence issued by a country which NJ needs.

EatMyShorts!
7th Oct 2021, 11:17
In my experience, pilots who have only known airline ops, cope relatively poorly with the flexibility, common sense and personal VVIP client service required of biz jets; and the ones who rubbed everyone up the wrong way with an "attitude" have all been Flag carrier retirees - in a couple of cases, unmitigated nightmares! Most operators are aware of this history, so that's probably a factor. A colleague got to interview with similar experience, but also had a lot of bizjet experience, plus a licence issued by a country which NJ needs.
Hmm, there's no general rule. Netjets is looking for the best of both worlds: SOP-discipline and CRM-skills that are far better in airlines than in GA, flexibility and an open mind that are more developed in GA. From the days that I got hired, I remember this German gentleman who showed up for his interview and SIM-ride in bluejeans and a leather pilot jacket. Oh well...

Joe le Taxi
7th Oct 2021, 12:20
SOP - to a degree, but if a circumstance arises which isn't A-Z encyclopedically covered by the ops manual, I sometimes find the airline's new-gen FOs are lost and out of ideas (whizzes at the "search" function though!). CRM - I'm afraid I totally disagree - biz jet pilots are aces at drawing on incredibly diverse resources, from sourcing catering, building a professional and courteous relationship with client and other crew alike... through to eg refilling a flight plan on the hoof, and basically just being pleasant and intelligent company for a five day trip.

EatMyShorts!
7th Oct 2021, 12:57
I'll leave you believing what you wrote :)

binzer
7th Oct 2021, 13:16
Still think the recruitment should be held in a bar, anyone can learn SOPs, but can they keep smiling after five 6am shows. Personality is a massive factor to having a good tour or a bad one. Those with all those hours and big plane experience, are you really going to stay on the right seat in Netjets when the big airlines are calling. It’s happened before and will happen again so as you can imagine the recruitment parameters are probably not as simply as,‘I have this and that’.

Joe le Taxi
7th Oct 2021, 13:35
Yes, the question inevitably asked will be " how come, after 8000 hours of purely airline flying, have you now deigned to apply for private ops"?

EMS, a personal opinion, but one formed over 15 years of private and 20 years of airline flying, so it has some foundation. It does get my hackles up when I see posts from airline pilots who feel superior by default, and how dare they not get an interview. Not here necessarily, but it is common.

Boomless
7th Oct 2021, 14:03
Yes, the question inevitably asked will be " how come, after 8000 hours of purely airline flying, have you now deigned to apply for private ops"?

EMS, a personal opinion, but one formed over 15 years of private and 20 years of airline flying, so it has some foundation. It does get my hackles up when I see posts from airline pilots who feel superior by default, and how dare they not get an interview. Not here necessarily, but it is common.

I find this anger and resentment towards your fellow airlines colleagues unbelievable!
Not to mention your opinion about CRM and SOP´s... :ugh:
If some of us posted and share our airlines hours experience, it was in the sense that we were hoping this could be an advantage, not because we think we are better than you just because we fly bigger airplanes!
And if one day, you have to deal with an Abn/Emerg situation in flight, please be cool, apply CRM and SOP´s, because catering servicing experience, mastering last minute changes on the FPlan and smiles to your costumer wont be enough!

Joe le Taxi
7th Oct 2021, 14:28
Amply demonstrated my point boom. :rolleyes:

Winged Lion
7th Oct 2021, 18:38
Well I'm not going to join the discussion itself but do have to share my two cents since tomorrow is the last day to receive something (ANYTHING) from them and I haven't heard anything so far.

Let's not speculate about the GA versus Airline since a SELECTION should take place to see if a/any candidate is a match for the position according to their specific qualities that they seek for in a candidate. IF they really would have preferred GA pilots over airline pilots by default like some are trying to make it sound like here, then they could have easily put that in their advertisement for the job as a hard criteria. However, as a pure airline experienced pilot I was able to apply without not matching a single criteria listed on their website so that is not the case: obviously I belong to their target group. Now, in this case I expect myself to be fully eligible for the job for at least the first round so I should be further assessed as an individual (or rejected because they have found better candidates). In the meantime I would like to be treated with respect and receive any sign of appreciation instead of holding me in the dark. I will probably be one of the persons receiving one of the mass emails that will probably be sent tomorrow with "thank your for interest but unfortunately...." which is not even a big deal but the hold-off until the very last moment possible is.

Wish better times for all you guys. Take care.

TheFatViking
8th Oct 2021, 11:53
Hey guys, has anybody gotten any answer today at all? From either the interview or a PFO without any invitation to the online assessment?

G-GOLF
8th Oct 2021, 13:24
Heard nothing more since the initial online test which comes immediately after applying….
Standing by for the PFO mail …..

MostAnnoying
8th Oct 2021, 15:07
Just got a mail stating due to the amount of applications it may take a while to get back to me. No PFO, so still in the running (?) I guess

Winged Lion
8th Oct 2021, 15:13
Just got a mail stating due to the amount of applications it may take a while to get back to me. No PFO, so still in the running (?) I guess

My guess at this point is that we are kind of in a standby position. Ah well. At least they held their word and actually respected their deadline.

jmvdb22
8th Oct 2021, 15:31
My guess at this point is that we are kind of in a standby position. Ah well. At least they held their word and actually respected their deadline.
Yeah, I guess by how this email was written no-one is "PFO'ed" yet?

nicoli
8th Oct 2021, 17:15
The “Best wishes” at the end of the email does looks like a polite PFO email

EatMyShorts!
8th Oct 2021, 19:06
Please note that this first step has been outsourced, so it's not Netjets people replying to you, most likely.

GoatriderClassic
8th Oct 2021, 19:23

I recieved the same email earlier today.
Lets hope for the best, fingers crossed guys! 🤞🏻

Airbu
8th Oct 2021, 20:03
1 is the initial with the 2 essay questions
2 is the CUT-E type assessment
3 is online Zoom Interview (running from 5-12 oct in my batch at least)
4 is simulator/face-2-face interview (25-31 oct in farnborough)

they put it into phases but that’s the way it goes

Is there a way to practice for this CUT-E type assessment?

Airbu
8th Oct 2021, 20:38
Went through interview today,

all I can say is that it’s non technical / focus on who you are, why you want to join, and what makes your profile fit.

you’re asked to confirm your documents (licenses. Endorsements, flight time) but that’s only Q&A, guess the document check is done once at farnborough.

interviews are running until the 12th so not expecting an answer before that, Sim+ face 2 face interview held last week of the month in U.K

good luck to all

Any hint of how to prepare for the CUT-E assessment?

PontiusPilotus
9th Oct 2021, 04:37

Now imagine a tour with an airline pilot with 8000+ hours on the RHS and a GA experienced pilot on the LHS in a phenom 100. If the CRM skills are not top notch and a discussion like this comes up, I can only wish the outcome will be safe

balboa1968
9th Oct 2021, 13:16
Please note that this first step has been outsourced, so it's not Netjets people replying to you, most likely.

That is the problem. Your destiny is in the hands of morons , whom have no idea what Aviation is ! I cannot understand , why an airline is spending money with this kind of bull**** ? CUT-E test ?? WTF ??? Are we professional pilots or some High School students ? I cannot find any decent industry , where professionals are treated like this ! We are paying the dule for letting the beancounters ( and other parasites )to be in charge .

nafta
9th Oct 2021, 15:32
Apologies for total off topic, but I see some members here are part of the Netjets family.
Would any one of you guys be able to share salary tax numbers for AMS gateway please? Non-resident/resident?
Many thanks

Banana Joe
9th Oct 2021, 16:25
Unfortunately it seems to be an EASA requirement now. I've had to do the same for a part time FI job at my former flight school.

Lubitz passed the DLR but he still did what he did.

Winged Lion
9th Oct 2021, 17:02
Apologies for total off topic, but I see some members here are part of the Netjets family.
Would any one of you guys be able to share salary tax numbers for AMS gateway please? Non-resident/resident?
Many thanks

I do not think you have to account for that, it seems like they state aft-tax figures whichever the country.

balboa1968
9th Oct 2021, 17:32
Unfortunately it seems to be an EASA requirement now. I've had to do the same for a part time FI job at my former flight school.

Lubitz passed the DLR but he still did what he did.

This proves it is a perfect bull****, just there to make money for some parasites.

Space1978
10th Oct 2021, 09:31
How do pilots pay their taxes? Are they paid directly by netjets or do you declare your income in your tax residence country?

funkydreadlocks
10th Oct 2021, 15:30
I hate psychometric tests, they feel useless and for a long time I thought they were. But Science says differently. (https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0018720809357756) and I'm not always a fan of companies outsourcing the initial recruitment process (I had a terrible experience with CTC now L3 doing just that), but it's a stretch to say that Kura know nothing about aviation. They are human factors experts and have an entire department dedicated to recruitment for the aviation indunstry, staffed by current airline pilots and similar folks.
It's an unfortunate part of the process. We just have to jump through the hoops and suck it up.

Globally Challenged
10th Oct 2021, 16:27
I do not think you have to account for that, it seems like they state aft-tax figures whichever the country.

Not true. Currently you are either on a UK contract or Portuguese (only for those actually based there I think). The figures quoted are pre-tax.

Each country seems to be a bit different. I can only speak about UK bases but our per-diems are now mostly taxed which is obviously annoying.

So it comes down to the double taxation rules between the UK and your gateway.

It’s a hot topic with the union right now and I suspect EU contracts are on the horizon finally as I think it will be mandated by law soon.

Our Dutch and Danish colleagues are particularly badly hit by this currently.

pifpafpouf
10th Oct 2021, 20:03
Hi pifpafpouf, how long in advance did they invite you for the Online Interview? Thanks.

I got the email on oct 1st to pick interview date on a 4-12th. I think all dates are on the Kura FAQ.

pifpafpouf
12th Oct 2021, 09:55
I’m not aware of anything so it’s just educated guess to take with a grain of salt.

Interviews still ongoing today, I expect an answer anytime between this eve and the end of the week after NJE review kura’s.

My guess is that they keep people on standby in case they don’t pass enough at this stage and do another round of interviews. they also mentioned (possible) extra sim/face2face dates (so phase 3) which I guess will depend on how many are successful during phase 3 on last week of October.

If the numbers I’ve seen are correct, they plan on hiring quite a lot of people, I wouldn’t be surprised another round is being planned for. From what I understood first courses are for december, but with notices and glitches It could totally keep going all of Q1 2022.

again purely speculative rumours

TheAirMission
12th Oct 2021, 12:09
If the numbers I’ve seen are correct, they plan on hiring quite a lot of people, I wouldn’t be surprised another round is being planned for. From what I understood first courses are for december, but with notices and glitches It could totally keep going all of Q1 2022.

again purely speculative rumours

My interviewer told me that start dates will probably be offered until at least May when it comes job offers, so a successful applicant doesn't have to be rushed onto a course if someone has a notice period.

pilotarosa
12th Oct 2021, 12:54
Not true. Currently you are either on a UK contract or Portuguese (only for those actually based there I think). The figures quoted are pre-tax.

Each country seems to be a bit different. I can only speak about UK bases but our per-diems are now mostly taxed which is obviously annoying.

So it comes down to the double taxation rules between the UK and your gateway.

It’s a hot topic with the union right now and I suspect EU contracts are on the horizon finally as I think it will be mandated by law soon.

Our Dutch and Danish colleagues are particularly badly hit by this currently.
I am one of the old timers in NJE. European base,UK contract as everyone else who is not based in Lisbon. We get a NT code from HRMC, as our economic employer is in Lisbon. Then from the salary the company deduct the Portuguese non resident taxes. Portugal has double taxation agreement with most countries where we are gatewayed. In my case I do a tax declaration in Italy and pay the difference if there is any (normally not from the salary). Per Diem are 70 euros tax free. I suggest to not count per Diem as part of your salary, but as pocket money for when u are on tour. N.I. I still pay it in UK but the grandfather rights will finish soon and will need to choose where to pay it.

Let410BF
12th Oct 2021, 14:02
Good afternoon all,
have anyone who did the online interview with Kura received feedback on the result?
Thanks

tripjet320
12th Oct 2021, 14:34
Hi there,

does someone know if you can be homebased at Nice, France ?
Cheers.

pifpafpouf
12th Oct 2021, 16:14
Hi there,

Cheers.

Not in the new base list.

Email received for stage 3 btw

pilotarosa
12th Oct 2021, 16:51
Hi there,

Cheers.
No, but u can play with the temp gateway systems. Lots of us do live in very weird places

mtowswede
12th Oct 2021, 16:59
E-mail received here as well for stage 3. However the booking applications shows "no times available" 2hrs after the invite came. Anyone else up with the same issue?

pifpafpouf
12th Oct 2021, 17:17
There were 48 slots avail for that week, guess they went locked up pretty quick.

The ones who couldn’t book probably will get offered another week, along with the ones who can’t attend that week for personal/professional reasons.

it also looked weird to me that so few slots were offered considering the amount of positions to be filled.

I also wonder if some will be offered interview (stage 2) dates in the upcoming future, as it would make sense based on raw numbers,

again, rumour and salt

edit : seems like some dates are being offered in November

mtowswede
12th Oct 2021, 17:25
There were 48 slots avail for that week, guess they went locked up pretty fast.

The ones who couldn’t book probably will get offered another week, along with the ones who can’t attend that week for personal/professional reasons.

it also looked weird to me that so few slots were offered considering the amount of positions to be filled.

I also wonder if some will be offered interview (stage 2) dates in the upcoming future, as it would make sense based on raw numbers,

again, rumour and salt

edit : seems like some dates are being offered in November
Thanks for the info. Will have to wait and see what Kura says.

tripjet320
13th Oct 2021, 07:15
Thank you !

tripjet320
13th Oct 2021, 07:16
Could you give an example ?
Thanks a lot.

funkydreadlocks
13th Oct 2021, 20:59
No, but u can play with the temp gateway systems. Lots of us do live in very weird places
could you please clarify? in my Kura Zoom interview I was told that we're expected to move to within 1h of a gateway airport and can't just stay at a nearby hotel or something the day before or during standbies. I just want to know if there's any chance of me staying in the area I'm in if I get the job or not, because my offer on a house just got accepted and I would like to mentally prepare to potentially disappoint the sellers :hmm:

KAISERSOZE
13th Oct 2021, 21:49
You need to live wthin 1hr of your gateway.
So you need to give an address that match this requirement.

If you want to spend all your OFF days in Bangkok, it's up to you.

funkydreadlocks
14th Oct 2021, 07:24
You need to live wthin 1hr of your gateway.
So you need to give an address that match this requirement.

If you want to spend all your OFF days in Bangkok, it's up to you.

I figured as much. Thanks! I'm not one for pushing the rules to their limits, so someone will end up disappointed when I get a response after stage 3, one way or the other!

jmvdb22
14th Oct 2021, 12:10
could you please clarify? in my Kura Zoom interview I was told that we're expected to move to within 1h of a gateway airport and can't just stay at a nearby hotel or something the day before or during standbies.
Does anyone know where this rule comes from/what there reasoning behind it is and how strict the 1 hour is?
I can see why they want you near the airport on your duty days, but why wouldn't a hotel be good enough?
I'm currently about 1.20h from a gateway, so would this be okay or would I need to move closer?

winterOPS
14th Oct 2021, 12:22
As I recall it, the Buffalo Dash accident might kind of be the origin of it.
Commuting pilots planning it to tight with travels so the rest before a duty is not respected (nurtured....)

funkydreadlocks
14th Oct 2021, 12:34
Maybe a NJ pilots can correct me on this, but I figure that NJ is protecting itself from EASA/local authorities by having something on record showing that they did their due diligence in ensuring that pilots are respecting FTLs when it comes to commuting. I get it tbh, even though that would be somewhat inconvenient to many pilots (including myself to a small extent). But it's not really the time to focus on that now. We first have to get through stage 3! NJ really looks like a fantastic place to work at. I'm trying very hard not to get too excited but failing to do so. I guess I need to apply that excess energy to prepping.

pilotarosa
14th Oct 2021, 12:40
could you please clarify? in my Kura Zoom interview I was told that we're expected to move to within 1h of a gateway airport and can't just stay at a nearby hotel or something the day before or during standbies. I just want to know if there's any chance of me staying in the area I'm in if I get the job or not, because my offer on a house just got accepted and I would like to mentally prepare to potentially disappoint the sellers :hmm:

We have temporary gateway, like I live in Italy when it suits me (my official gateway) when it doesn't I move to Spain or the Netherlands using temporary gateway. You just need to send an email 3 days before starting or finishing your tour. Sometimes I start somewhere, finishing somewhere else. U can use it also to go on holidays. Our commuting time is FD btw.

pilotarosa
14th Oct 2021, 12:42
As I recall it, the Buffalo Dash accident might kind of be the origin of it.
Commuting pilots planning it to tight with travels so the rest before a duty is not respected (nurtured....)
In 14 years I never started a tour with someone tired....maybe bored from too many days off, but not tired 😁

funkydreadlocks
14th Oct 2021, 13:32
Our commuting time is FD btw.
Interesting. Does it default to one hour or are pilots meant to report it? I guess with airline flying duty time was never an issue, only flight duty time.

Edit: shortening quote to make question more relevant

buzzc152
14th Oct 2021, 14:12
The one hour rule comes from the standby requirements : if you are on home standby and you are called out you have 45 mins from the phone call to prep and leave the house and then 1 hour drive to the airport ie 1hr45 mins total. Exactly where on the airport you have to get to isn’t clear …..car park, checkin desk, FBO ?? However, in 14 years I have never once been called with minimum 1h.45. If you live 1.20 away then I wouldn’t sweat it too much.

binzer
14th Oct 2021, 18:06
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x1504/403ed1f9_4b32_4aa4_8b78_496497eb1729_b38b95382527e0628194fcb 90796e658bb77e53d.jpeg
This is straight out of the omA. With relation to Gateways they are only active on first day during and last day of tour. Outside of them days you can do what you like. Now how you sweet talk Netjets is your decision. Friend family crappy shoebox or something will do if you need to say you live near your gateway. Generally they are quiet flexible, but living in Plymouth and using heathrow might not help your cause.

TheFatViking
15th Oct 2021, 10:57
Has anyone gotten to know more precisely when the first induction course would start? And how would you guys prepare for the stage 3?

Also, about the gateway system and temporary gateways, is it fair to say that something like this scenario might work: Homebase CPH, temporary base in ARN during the winter (120 days) and south of spain during the summer? That would equal to all my time (basically) being out of CPH as long as vacation etc is calculated in? Or would that be pushing it with NJE?

GoatriderClassic
15th Oct 2021, 17:20
Recieved PFO this afternoon.

Sky95
15th Oct 2021, 18:58
Recieved PFO this afternoon.
At what stage did you get?

GoatriderClassic
15th Oct 2021, 19:24
At what stage did you get?
After the psychometric assessment.

level_change
15th Oct 2021, 20:04
Anyone with no prior corporate experience moved to the next interview stage recently?

TheAirMission
15th Oct 2021, 20:44
Anyone with no prior corporate experience moved to the next interview stage recently?
Yes I have

pilotarosa
16th Oct 2021, 09:08
Also, about the gateway system and temporary gateways, is it fair to say that something like this scenario might work: Homebase CPH, temporary base in ARN during the winter (120 days) and south of spain during the summer? That would equal to all my time (basically) being out of CPH as long as vacation etc is calculated in? Or would that be pushing it with NJE?
yes ,but could get better. Once you are in I am sure someone will tell you how to maximize your 120 days to perfection 😃

Le Schtroumpf Pilote
16th Oct 2021, 12:25
Hi Everyone!
First thank you for those who kindly post information about the selection process over here, it has been very useful for me.
I can confirm that the online tests are CUT-e, and can be worked on pilotest.com

I just booked for the Zoom interview on Monday. Any-one knows what to expect from this meeting? Any specific questions?

funkydreadlocks
16th Oct 2021, 23:55
Hi Everyone!
First thank you for those who kindly post information about the selection process over here, it has been very useful for me.
I can confirm that the online tests are CUT-e, and can be worked on pilotest.com

I just booked for the Zoom interview on Monday. Any-one knows what to expect from this meeting? Any specific questions?

Typical competency based questions (Tell me about a time when...)​ with minor twists. Review STAR method of answering questions and how to demonstrate pilot competencies as you do that (communication, leadership, technical and pocedural knowledge, *customer service*, etc).

Usual opening questions you might expect from the interview as well as questions about your understanding of the role itself.

Make sure to have all your docs with for verification.​​​​​​

funkydreadlocks
16th Oct 2021, 23:58
For NJ pilots, I have another random question: What is the grooming policy around beards? My previous company allowed beards as long as you were well groomed and you didn't allow it to grow too long.

EatMyShorts!
17th Oct 2021, 10:14
No big issues there, as long as you look well groomed.

Le Schtroumpf Pilote
17th Oct 2021, 11:03
Thank you for the answer!!

I didn't know the STAR method, I will have a read about it today!

rhs4life
17th Oct 2021, 13:09
Hi everyone!

I come from a low-cost airline flying background so apart from the odd passenger announcement we didn't really get involved with pax. So, apart from loading the owners luggage, what else would one do daily at NetJets that is different from typical airline operations? Furthermore, apart from greeting the owner and saying goodbye; in what ways are the pilots involved in providing great customer service?

Thank you in advance!

redsnail
17th Oct 2021, 17:49
Great customer service, let's see.
Pilots brief the Owners about the safety aspects of the aircraft, eg doors etc. introduce themselves and their colleagues, Inform them of the length of flight, any bumps or weather issues, check their onward transport details, tell them about the wifi.
If on an unattended fleet, show where the food and drinks are, and if time before departure, make a coffee/serve the champagne etc. If attended, introduce our ISR/CC.
If unattended, at FL100 or above, close the sonic curtain (if you have one), check the Owner is ok, Some Owners are very chatty, others, not so much... Cabin temp ok, wifi working, etc On Descent, inform how long to run, weather at destination and transport details.
Also before FL100, open the sonic curtain, tidy up the cabin in preparation for landing, stow loose items, confirm if the transport is in place etc.

Post flight, one will usually go with the Owners to their cars/FBO. Ensure all is well. Grab the paper work/fresh wx & Notams. The other will sweep the cabin for phones, wallets etc.

Then we tidy up the cabin, check the plan for the day hasn't changed. Arrange fuel, toilet service, restock and vacuum the carpets, clean every thing, check the ipads are charged etc.
Grab some food, plan for the next flight.

rhs4life
17th Oct 2021, 21:07
That's really insightful! I appreciate it :) Thank you redsnail !

EatMyShorts!
18th Oct 2021, 10:12
Great customer service, let's see.
Pilots brief the Owners about the safety aspects of the aircraft, eg doors etc. introduce themselves and their colleagues, Inform them of the length of flight, any bumps or weather issues, check their onward transport details, tell them about the wifi.
If on an unattended fleet, show where the food and drinks are, and if time before departure, make a coffee/serve the champagne etc. If attended, introduce our ISR/CC.
If unattended, at FL100 or above, close the sonic curtain (if you have one), check the Owner is ok, Some Owners are very chatty, others, not so much... Cabin temp ok, wifi working, etc On Descent, inform how long to run, weather at destination and transport details.
Also before FL100, open the sonic curtain, tidy up the cabin in preparation for landing, stow loose items, confirm if the transport is in place etc.

Post flight, one will usually go with the Owners to their cars/FBO. Ensure all is well. Grab the paper work/fresh wx & Notams. The other will sweep the cabin for phones, wallets etc.

Then we tidy up the cabin, check the plan for the day hasn't changed. Arrange fuel, toilet service, restock and vacuum the carpets, clean every thing, check the ipads are charged etc.
Grab some food, plan for the next flight.
You mean, just like in the airlines :)

flyboy146
18th Oct 2021, 17:14
can anyone shed some light as to what the online interview actually entailed? The FAQ seemed a bit unclear as to what is asked during the online interview and what is asked during the panel face to face.

LocoMoto
19th Oct 2021, 18:13
Thank you to everyone for all the info in this thread sofar and good luck to all in the process. With regards to Phase 3, does anyone have any info on what to expect for Day1 for 'panel exercises'? Also, what is involved in the simulator assessment and what to expect for the drug/alcohol screening on day2?

From an operational point of view, I don't understand how the roster is published 2 months in advance? Is that just for days on duty/off as I imagine the block of flying changes regularly during the block?

Thank you.

Globally Challenged
20th Oct 2021, 10:10
Thank you to everyone for all the info in this thread sofar and good luck to all in the process. With regards to Phase 3, does anyone have any info on what to expect for Day1 for 'panel exercises'? Also, what is involved in the simulator assessment and what to expect for the drug/alcohol screening on day2?

From an operational point of view, I don't understand how the roster is published 2 months in advance? Is that just for days on duty/off as I imagine the block of flying changes regularly during the block?

Thank you.

The roster shows your duty days which are made up as blocks of days into a tour.

You show up at your gateway at the briefed showtime (briefed via an app the day before). You then are at the whim of the company who arrange any required airline / hotel / ground transport (sometimes we are asked to self arrange taxis). You stay on tour until your last day of the tour when the company positions you back to your gateway.

What happens in between changes constantly so if you are the sort of person who needs to know what they are doing tomorrow while on tour - or even where you are finishing that night - then we are not the company for you.

But if you can go with the flow then you will likely love it.

Your roster will tell you when you will be at home so you can plan your personal life in advance - pretty much unheard of elsewhere in business aviation.

EatMyShorts!
20th Oct 2021, 11:05
And when you are OFF, you actually are OFF!

aless85
20th Oct 2021, 12:11
Hi

First of all to all the NJ pilots contributing to this thread with info.

I definitely looks like a nice place to work.
I had my online interview on Sunday and have been invited today for Stage 3 in the UK.

If anyone else is going or have already a WhatsApp group or anything can send me a DM.

Good luck to all that applied.

Ridaz
20th Oct 2021, 18:58
Thanks for great info all. Still haven’t got any response on my application. Anyone else in the same situation? Has anyone received PFO on initial application or later in the process.

Good luck during upcoming assessment days for those of you participating!

EatMyShorts!
20th Oct 2021, 21:11
Maybe some positive news: the number of pilots that will be hired has been increased to 110, FAs will be 20 instead of 10! And even more aircraft coming in 2022.

funkydreadlocks
20th Oct 2021, 22:18
Maybe some positive news: the number of pilots that will be hired has been increased to 110, FAs will be 20 instead of 10! And even more aircraft coming in 2022.
That's fantastic news! I feel about 18.18% better.

Are these additional aircraft from the 2.5 billion investment made this year?

EatMyShorts!
21st Oct 2021, 07:24
Are these additional aircraft from the 2.5 billion investment made this year?
No idea! I hope that most of those additional tails have already been financed by customers acquiring shares on them.

Ridaz
21st Oct 2021, 10:21
Thank you EatMyShorts! Fantastic to see NJ on a winners streak! Hoping to have a role to play on the journey eventually.

LocoMoto
21st Oct 2021, 16:09
The roster shows your duty days which are made up as blocks of days into a tour.

You show up at your gateway at the briefed showtime (briefed via an app the day before). You then are at the whim of the company who arrange any required airline / hotel / ground transport (sometimes we are asked to self arrange taxis). You stay on tour until your last day of the tour when the company positions you back to your gateway.

What happens in between changes constantly so if you are the sort of person who needs to know what they are doing tomorrow while on tour - or even where you are finishing that night - then we are not the company for you.

But if you can go with the flow then you will likely love it.

Your roster will tell you when you will be at home so you can plan your personal life in advance - pretty much unheard of elsewhere in business aviation.

Thank you. I can imagine the duty blocks are ever-changing but was just a bit confused how the roster was published so far in advance, but makes sense for OFF days. Do the duty blocks ever change or is the 6/5 always consistent (ie. can you plan next year based on your expected pattern)?

Also, with fleet movement how does it usually work at NJE? Do FOs on the lighter jets get command there first before moving RHS on the long-range aircraft or do you progress RHS onto the bigger jets, then back to light jets for command? Is there a bidding or selection process involved in moving fleets/upgrading?

Thank you.

Globally Challenged
21st Oct 2021, 18:13
Thank you. I can imagine the duty blocks are ever-changing but was just a bit confused how the roster was published so far in advance, but makes sense for OFF days. Do the duty blocks ever change or is the 6/5 always consistent (ie. can you plan next year based on your expected pattern)?

Also, with fleet movement how does it usually work at NJE? Do FOs on the lighter jets get command there first before moving RHS on the long-range aircraft or do you progress RHS onto the bigger jets, then back to light jets for command? Is there a bidding or selection process involved in moving fleets/upgrading?

Thank you.

Unlike Ryanair for example (where I believe your 5/4 never changes) you will sometimes get a 7 day tour when you have to go for recurrent in the US or your vacation impacts the roster etc. So the general rule is 6/5 but it will change over the year. What is fixed is the number of days you are contracted for (you join on 200 contract days which includes your 22 vacation days). So the total number of duty, training and vacation days won’t exceed that. Once you’ve been in the company a while you can bid to change your roster pattern to work more or less days in the year - with pro-rata adjustment to your salary and vacation entitlement.

Once the roster is published though, your OFF days are exactly that - unless you choose to volunteer to work extra days (€650+ per day initially for FO’s which rises to something like €850 once you’ve done a certain number of extended days).

Generally you join on one of the smaller fleets then progress up in cabin size (you can bid for fleets and it’s based on seniority). Some people are happy staying where they are. Then you tend to go back to the small fleets when you upgrade.

However - in all but the most extreme circumstances, once you upgrade you stay on the LHS for any future fleet changes.

pabloteix
22nd Oct 2021, 07:12
I received an email two weeks ago from KURA AIRLINE RESOURCING saying that my application was on final stage and due to the high demand on this application, the process will last a few months more. They told me they would send me an email with any update but they haven't send me anything yet.
Is anyone in the same situation as me?
What would I expect? May I contact them?
thanks

Ridaz
22nd Oct 2021, 08:27
Pabloteix, thanks for the update. Same message as I got but with slightly different wording. In my case, I believe the application was in review and they would revert back eventually. Given EatMyShorts' message, I guess they are continuing to work through applications and candidates in various stages of the process. I'll give it another week or so before I follow up. But it seems to be very few PFO so I don't know what conclusion to draw.

We'll keep our fingers crossed - good luck.

LocoMoto
22nd Oct 2021, 10:50
Unlike Ryanair for example (where I believe your 5/4 never changes) you will sometimes get a 7 day tour when you have to go for recurrent in the US or your vacation impacts the roster etc. So the general rule is 6/5 but it will change over the year. What is fixed is the number of days you are contracted for (you join on 200 contract days which includes your 22 vacation days). So the total number of duty, training and vacation days won’t exceed that. Once you’ve been in the company a while you can bid to change your roster pattern to work more or less days in the year - with pro-rata adjustment to your salary and vacation entitlement.

Once the roster is published though, your OFF days are exactly that - unless you choose to volunteer to work extra days (€650+ per day initially for FO’s which rises to something like €850 once you’ve done a certain number of extended days).

Generally you join on one of the smaller fleets then progress up in cabin size (you can bid for fleets and it’s based on seniority). Some people are happy staying where they are. Then you tend to go back to the small fleets when you upgrade.

However - in all but the most extreme circumstances, once you upgrade you stay on the LHS for any future fleet changes.

That's brilliant info, thanks for clarifying!

flyboy146
22nd Oct 2021, 12:25
A rather pre emptive query for those who are UK based drivers. Are the contracts issued UK contracts and paid in GBP? Given Brexit I am scratching my head regarding how one can be given a EURO contract......

AECWitkamp2012
22nd Oct 2021, 13:12
Hi all,

Has anyone had a call or email yet as a response to the application?

Hi there,
Anyone who’s going to Farnborough next week?
cheers!

pifpafpouf
22nd Oct 2021, 14:52
Hi guys,

in the case you are doing the 26-27th interview, I have checked the commuting options and will be driving a car from LTN to FAB on 25 through LRH. Then FAB to LTN on 27th eve.
given the expensive transportation options, feel free to drop me a PM if that could match your commuting preference 😉

aless85
22nd Oct 2021, 17:41
Hi guys,

in the case you are doing the 26-27th interview, I have checked the commuting options and will be driving a car from LTN to FAB on 25 through LRH. Then FAB to LTN on 27th eve.
given the expensive transportation options, feel free to drop me a PM if that could match your commuting preference 😉

Thats some good airmanship :ok:

Good luck with the Interview

Globally Challenged
22nd Oct 2021, 17:54
A rather pre emptive query for those who are UK based drivers. Are the contracts issued UK contracts and paid in GBP? Given Brexit I am scratching my head regarding how one can be given a EURO contract......

Brexit and the eurozone are slightly different as I’m sure you are aware and the UK is one of several gateway countries with their own currency. There are (according to my mortgage broker) many more USD paid UK Tax payers than EUR and Brexit has nothing to do with them either 😜.

The weird thing won’t be apparent to you yet is that we are (apart from our Portuguese colleagues I believe) all employed by the London based NetJets Management Limited 🤯. Getting local contracts is a very hot topic for the union currently to ensure that local social security is paid this giving seamless access to local services … we are not quite there yet but maybe soon (I think there may even be some pending legislation that will finally force the situation anyway).

Anyway - to answer your question. Your contract will be fixed in euros and you can choose monthly whether you want the company to send your bank the euros (and allow them to convert them to your home currency) or the company will convert it for you (they publish the exchange rate they will use about a week in advance and this will be the average of what the exchange rate was for the previous month) and you can get paid directly in your own currency.

You will be able to download a euro payslip and one in your home currency.

Winged Lion
22nd Oct 2021, 20:36
Hello all. Experienced Jet Capt here, B737/E145 and quite a lot of private charter work for VIPs etc. I applied for FO and received an email apologising for delay in contacting me and it may take some time to process my application. Since then nothing at all, does this mean get lost? Have people received PFO’s from first stage?

Like some others here, I have received a PFO (for now...) e-mail on the day of their deadline. Since then, nothing. So I consider it case closed, thank you and bye bye for myself.

funkydreadlocks
23rd Oct 2021, 00:58
Brexit and the eurozone are slightly different as I’m sure you are aware and the UK is one of several gateway countries with their own currency. There are (according to my mortgage broker) many more USD paid UK Tax payers than EUR and Brexit has nothing to do with them either 😜.

The weird thing won’t be apparent to you yet is that we are (apart from our Portuguese colleagues I believe) all employed by the London based NetJets Management Limited 🤯. Getting local contracts is a very hot topic for the union currently to ensure that local social security is paid this giving seamless access to local services … we are not quite there yet but maybe soon (I think there may even be some pending legislation that will finally force the situation anyway).

Anyway - to answer your question. Your contract will be fixed in euros and you can choose monthly whether you want the company to send your bank the euros (and allow them to convert them to your home currency) or the company will convert it for you (they publish the exchange rate they will use about a week in advance and this will be the average of what the exchange rate was for the previous month) and you can get paid directly in your own currency.

You will be able to download a euro payslip and one in your home currency.

Very interesting! Personally I would have prefered to have been paid fixed in sterling or dollars given the current situation :p, but it seems like the company is really flexible as it is. Do non euro-currency pilots typically just take the pay in euros and convert locally, get the company to convert, or change according to what would be most beneficial that month?

pabloteix
23rd Oct 2021, 08:45
I received the same email and I'm still waiting

TheFatViking
23rd Oct 2021, 13:49
A quick question, "EASA ATPL (A) Licence or EASA CPL (A) with ATPL Theory Certificate" Can anybody specify if they require something else than an actual copy of the license? I have an EASA ATPL (A) but I can not remember a separate document with the theory certificate? I might just be getting into details too much.

733driver
23rd Oct 2021, 15:16
A quick question, "EASA ATPL (A) Licence or EASA CPL (A) with ATPL Theory Certificate" Can anybody specify if they require something else than an actual copy of the license? I have an EASA ATPL (A) but I can not remember a separate document with the theory certificate? I might just be getting into details too much.

If you have the ATPL you are fine. It's CPL only holders who also need to have ATPL theory completed.

Plus852
24th Oct 2021, 17:55
Hello everyone,

First of all thanks for all the information posted above. You've all been of great help!

Has anyone already done stage 3 at FAB and can share some info on what to expect, other than the info we've already been given?? I know the first slots were on the 21st of October so there must be someone who has already done it...

I've got mine in the next few days.

Appreciate all your help 👍🏼

Thanks

TheAirMission
25th Oct 2021, 13:32
Can any employee confirm if you are not provided a staff car park at your gateway?

EatMyShorts!
25th Oct 2021, 15:15
Provided by whom? At some airports crew members in general can get access to special long term parking rates, sometimes with the help of a letter by our HR department. Netjets itself does not provide any parking. You get 70 EUR per diems a day and this money is also meant to cover incidentals such parking.

redsnail
25th Oct 2021, 15:43
It is gateway dependent. As EMS! has said, there is some access to long term car parks but for most crews, they are not free.
At my gateway the car parking is free but it did require some negotiation with the FBO and the individuals. :)

KruegerFlappage
25th Oct 2021, 19:23
Do TRs and recurrent training take place in the US?

funkydreadlocks
26th Oct 2021, 07:17
Another one of funky's mega random question:
How often does NetJets need pilots to sandbag in sims? If so, is there a way for a pilot to make it known to ops that they volunteer as tribute?

733driver
26th Oct 2021, 07:26
Do TRs and recurrent training take place in the US?

Some do but not all. It depends on the fleet and course availability.

733driver
26th Oct 2021, 07:28
Another one of funky's mega random question:
How often does NetJets need pilots to sandbag in sims? If so, is there a way for a pilot to make it known to ops that they volunteer as tribute?

it happens but rarely and when it does it's likely that you will already be there for your own training and may be asked to extend a day or two. It's really rare though and not something they usually plan on doing. So little point in volunteering for this kind of thing.

Mike Oxbig
26th Oct 2021, 07:30
Depends on type and availability. Latitude and XLS recurrents are mainly at FSI Farnborough but can imagine the initials for the Lat may be in Wichita due to capacity and the length of time the initial takes as opposed to a recurrent. Phenoms, Global and Challenger are in Columbus, USA but there is some overflow at CAE Amsterdam (I think). Falcon is Paris or Redhill. Phenom sim expected at Farnborough sometime next year.

Ridaz
26th Oct 2021, 07:36
Is there a training bond for the type rating cost?

redsnail
26th Oct 2021, 08:27
Most CAE stuff is at Burgess Hill (Gatwick) now. FSI is a Berkshire Hathaway company so most of the training tends to go that way.
Unfortunately, no business class travel for training to the US. (Yes, we're working on it.. still). I like Columbus, OH. The travel, not so much.
Sandbagging? Very very rare.

TheAirMission
28th Oct 2021, 06:28
Anyone able to shed some light on the day 1 and 2 of the last stage?

pifpafpouf
28th Oct 2021, 10:16
I won’t disclose what makes the core of the selection, to preserve the hard work they have put in designing it, and I didn’t pass through day 1, but here is the summary of day 1 :

- Covid test at entrance unless you have already the results of your international arrival (only about 10-15min)
- gathering in the main lobby until everyone has arrived

-15-20 min welcome presentation with the recruitment staff (Kura & Netjets), you’re expected to give a 30 sec- 1min self presentation at start). Nothing really interesting, they should work on that, all info you’ll be provided with are public and all of you will know already through self preparation.

- you’ll be split into 2 groups, one group will go for group exercise while the others go for individual interview in front of 2 members of recruitment team.

Questions related to your own experience (tailored so to say), seems to me they have been through the zoom interview before. It’s going to be the same type of questions, focusing on your motivations, experience and expectations. No competency based examples to provide (at least for me). Document check and validation. Expect 1h to 1h15.

You’ll be then sent back to lobby. Lot of people around and most probably some lurkers, but they make themselves blended in the general operations of a training center.
A NJE captain joined us for about 30 mins providing a lot more details and experience.

- Group exercise : I won’t give the exercises out, just provide you the guidelines they will also give you, and my own assessment of it.

You will have 4 exercises of 10 min each, with 5 min gap to present the solution and get the scenario for the next exercise.
each one of you will be the “captain” for one scenario, with the others being “crew-members”.
One member of the interview panel will play the role of the customer/owner, another one is available (only once per scenario) playing ATC or OPS member.

key points :
- Don’t assume the ATC/OPS to provide assistance out of their “real life” competency, if you ask the wrong question you will get a “I don’t know captain” 😁
- Don’t assume the owner/client to be of any help, if you ask a question like you would to a regular “pax”, you’ll probably end up with an irritated/unhelpful/pressuring answer 😁

Personal feedback :

- Be decisive : as the captain, you’re on your own, don’t let the other guys drag you out of the primary target : provide a solution , it’s only 10 mins, it goes fast. If someone goes extensively on something you think is pointless, interrupt them, in a nice way, but be firm, you have to provide a solution, not bs chit-chat.

- Really think outside the box, it’s corporate, not airline. Unless the safety is compromised, your mindset should be that “yes, it’s possible”, assess if you can give the green light or need escalation to ops, assess if the costs of tailoring the solution are realistic, then make it happen.

- Don’t go to the client unless you already have a solution you need his approval for, or really need the input to make a decision.
- you can communicate with the client multiple times, but I wouldn’t go more than twice at most ( input needed/ call to ops-ATC/ confirmed solution).

Like I mentioned, I didn’t make it through day 1, they will give a you a feedback on why, which is rare enough to be mentioned.

edit: to avoid replying to all the messages I received individually, I was not 100% enthusiastic about the position, and made it clear that I had other options and wanted to be sure it was the right job for me, before committing for the role (if you really really want the job, be 110% enthusiastic, I guess 😉 ).

side : I don’t know if it’s going to happen to all groups, but we were told early day 1 that there would be only 6 simulator slots avail on day 2 (out of 8 candidates), adds some steam right 😂

good luck

An edit : Many of us have been unemployed or not flying for quite some time and I won’t question individuals habits while not using privileges and restrictions related to a class 1 medical and licence. I do know that alcohol usage is widespread in the industry thus the feedback I will provide :
Just want to make you aware that the drug&alcohol check being processed during day 2 is hair follicle based (the most expensive and accurate testing available) and WILL show a drug usage and/or alcohol abuse that can have happened over the last months. I would suspect an AOC holder has to report to the authority in case of a positive result, regardless of your obvious blacklisting with the company.

If you question yourself, I can only recommend going through a testing by the same method (expect anywhere in excess of 250$ for these) before showing up.

natops
28th Oct 2021, 17:19
Hey there Redsnail, you still around NJE i see! Never leave, stupiedst thing I did (twice 🤪)

redsnail
28th Oct 2021, 19:05
Yeah mate. ;) Still here. A couple more years to go and bailing out back to Oz to sit on the beach. :D

Winged Lion
29th Oct 2021, 12:31
Just received an email that the application is still under review. They will continue with the hiring process even going in to next year (2022). Good luck all.

Globally Challenged
29th Oct 2021, 12:45
Just received an email that the application is still under review. They will continue with the hiring process even going in to next year (2022). Good luck all.
They already increased the number of pilot vacancies once to 110 (if I recall correctly) and given how undercrewed and busy we are, I wouldn’t be surprised if it extends again.

Best of luck to all who apply.

jmvdb22
29th Oct 2021, 13:07
Yeah received the same, good that they're at least letting us know we're not (yet) on the PFO pile

redsnail
29th Oct 2021, 16:19
Globally Challenged, you're right. 110 (and it may go higher depending if deliveries come forward). 20 cabin crew (and maybe more).

Ridaz
29th Oct 2021, 21:57
I won’t disclose what makes the core of the selection, to preserve the hard work they have put in designing it, and I didn’t pass through day 1, but here is the summary of day 1 :

- Covid test at entrance unless you have already the results of your international arrival (only about 10-15min)
- gathering in the main lobby until everyone has arrived

-15-20 min welcome presentation with the recruitment staff (Kura & Netjets), you’re expected to give a 30 sec- 1min self presentation at start). Nothing really interesting, they should work on that, all info you’ll be provided with are public and all of you will know already through self preparation.

- you’ll be split into 2 groups, one group will go for group exercise while the others go for individual interview in front of 2 members of recruitment team.

Questions related to your own experience (tailored so to say), seems to me they have been through the zoom interview before. It’s going to be the same type of questions, focusing on your motivations, experience and expectations. No competency based examples to provide (at least for me). Document check and validation. Expect 1h to 1h15.

You’ll be then sent back to lobby. Lot of people around and most probably some lurkers, but they make themselves blended in the general operations of a training center.
A NJE captain joined us for about 30 mins providing a lot more details and experience.

- Group exercise : I won’t give the exercises out, just provide you the guidelines they will also give you, and my own assessment of it.

You will have 4 exercises of 10 min each, with 5 min gap to present the solution and get the scenario for the next exercise.
each one of you will be the “captain” for one scenario, with the others being “crew-members”.
One member of the interview panel will play the role of the customer/owner, another one is available (only once per scenario) playing ATC or OPS member.

key points :
- Don’t assume the ATC/OPS to provide assistance out of their “real life” competency, if you ask the wrong question you will get a “I don’t know captain” 😁
- Don’t assume the owner/client to be of any help, if you ask a question like you would to a regular “pax”, you’ll probably end up with an irritated/unhelpful/pressuring answer 😁

Personal feedback :

- Be decisive : as the captain, you’re on your own, don’t let the other guys drag you out of the primary target : provide a solution , it’s only 10 mins, it goes fast. If someone goes extensively on something you think is pointless, interrupt them, in a nice way, but be firm, you have to provide a solution, not bs chit-chat.

- Really think outside the box, it’s corporate, not airline. Unless the safety is compromised, your mindset should be that “yes, it’s possible”, assess if you can give the green light or need escalation to ops, assess if the costs of tailoring the solution are realistic, then make it happen.

- Don’t go to the client unless you already have a solution you need his approval for, or really need the input to make a decision.
- you can communicate with the client multiple times, but I wouldn’t go more than twice at most ( input needed/ call to ops-ATC/ confirmed solution).

Like I mentioned, I didn’t make it through day 1, they will give a you a feedback on why, which is rare enough to be mentioned.

edit: to avoid replying to all the messages I received individually, I was not 100% enthusiastic about the position, and made it clear that I had other options and wanted to be sure it was the right job for me, before committing for the role (if you really really want the job, be 110% enthusiastic, I guess 😉 ).

side : I don’t know if it’s going to happen to all groups, but we were told early day 1 that there would be only 6 simulator slots avail on day 2 (out of 8 candidates), adds some steam right 😂

good luck

An edit : Many of us have been unemployed or not flying for quite some time and I won’t question individuals habits while not using privileges and restrictions related to a class 1 medical and licence. I do know that alcohol usage is widespread in the industry thus the feedback I will provide :
Just want to make you aware that the drug&alcohol check being processed during day 2 is hair follicle based (the most expensive and accurate testing available) and WILL show a drug usage and/or alcohol abuse that can have happened over the last months. I would suspect an AOC holder has to report to the authority in case of a positive result, regardless of your obvious blacklisting with the company.

If you question yourself, I can only recommend going through a testing by the same method (expect anywhere in excess of 250$ for these) before showing up.

Pifpafpouf, sorry to hear that you did not go all the way. Although it may be that it was a good thing for you in don’t feel 100% committed to NJ. Thank you very much for sharing your experience!

Would be very interesting to hear about the second day from someone who has been through it.

cheers!

Maverik_pilot
1st Nov 2021, 20:29
Hi redsnail, thx for your information.
What A/C´s are the unattended fleet?
Do the pilots on the unattended fleet serve food and drinks to the pax during the flight?

EatMyShorts!
1st Nov 2021, 22:54
Phenom 300, Citation XLS and Citation Latitude are unattended fleets. Challenger 350, Falcon 2000EX EASy and the Globals are attended fleets. The Challengers 650 (due to arrive in 2022) will also have cabin crew.

On unattended fleets, pilots usually explain to the passengers where they can find their food and what has been loaded for them. On some occasions they will also help serving food, it all depends on the circumstances.

Maverik_pilot
2nd Nov 2021, 08:58
EatMyShorts! Thanks!

Sky95
2nd Nov 2021, 09:28
Has anyone didn't receive any email/update since 8th October?

jmvdb22
2nd Nov 2021, 17:27
Has anyone didn't receive any email/update since 8th October?
I received an update on the 29th stating my application is still under review and recruitment will be ongoing into the new year as well

joeporto
3rd Nov 2021, 14:11
Can someone from netjets help me with a question? I saw that i can choose Basel as a gateway, but was told that it has to be the swiss side, now my question is: can you live in france and still have basel as gateway or do you have to live in switzerland? If we have to live in switzerland does that mean we have to pay the taxes there as well?! Many thanks for your help!!!