PDA

View Full Version : NETJETS Europe hiring again

Pages : 1 [2] 3

EatMyShorts!
3rd Nov 2021, 14:41
EDIT: see my reply to aless85.

aless85
3rd Nov 2021, 15:15
The tax and social security has to be paid based on where your main gateway is. For Basel that would be Switzerland. You also need to have a residence address in that country.

Hi , just one doubt regarding this.

Mainland EU gateways except Portugal have a UK contract, so on your payslip you would pay XX% of NI and 0% of PAYE or some XX% of PAYE.??

I understand tax is based on your country of fiscal residence but paying NI and SS in 2 countries?

Sorry im a bit confused if you can elaborate a bit more in detail.

Thank you :)

EatMyShorts!
3rd Nov 2021, 16:04
I am sorry, I miswrote!

for those not on a PT contract and those who are not living in the UK, tax is paid in Portugal at a certain percentage
in most EU countries employees only pay national social security fees and a small amount of additional national tax on top of the PT-tax
in some EU countries, employees only pay national social security fees and no further tax

Regarding the question by joeporto: you definitely pay your social security in the country where your gateway is defined. Additional tax depends on the country you are based in. Basel and Geneva are special cases, as they are bi-national airports. Bottom line: you cannot be based in France, so you'll need to have an address in Switzerland to use Basel or Geneva. Therefore you also pay your social security in Switzerland.

Flyer_123
3rd Nov 2021, 18:01
Hey EMS,

When on the subject of social security contributions...does NJE have in countries where the gateways are contract with some local payroll companies who perform payment towards the social security contributions or is it the responsibility of the employee?

Thx...

sif
3rd Nov 2021, 19:52
Can someone from netjets help me with a question? I saw that i can choose Basel as a gateway, but was told that it has to be the swiss side, now my question is: can you live in france and still have basel as gateway or do you have to live in switzerland? If we have to live in switzerland does that mean we have to pay the taxes there as well?! Many thanks for your help!!!

Unless things have changed joeporto, you can live in France, Germany or Switzerland when having Basel as your gateway... no need to have a Swiss address...

You'll pay your social security contributions in Switzerland and tax in Portugal (+ a possible delta of tax in the country you live in, depending on the rules of that country, your partner's earnings in that country... this can get quite complex on the tax' sides of thing, depending on your status).

TheAirMission
4th Nov 2021, 08:41
Anyone else able to share more info on the day 1 and 2 assessments?

wondering
4th Nov 2021, 15:47
I would strongly suggest getting a tax adviser in your country who is familiar with said issues. I am sure everybody can afford one on a NJE salary.

EatMyShorts!
6th Nov 2021, 09:07
I would strongly suggest getting a tax adviser in your country who is familiar with said issues. I am sure everybody can afford one on a NJE salary.
Never needed one. As written: you will definitely pay social security in the country of your gateway. In 99% of cases that will also be the place that you are living at, but in some places your gateway is in a different country than your place of living.
Income tax, on the other hand, is another story, some countries accept the PT-tax and do not ask for further "donations", in others you'll have to pay on top of it (Scandinavia, Spain etc.). We do have colleagues from lots of countries and once you get hired you should be able to connect with them and find out. Of course, if you are keen to find out before getting hired, go and ask an international tax adviser! Let me be clear: when you come to Netjets, you should do so for the lifestyle, not for the money. You can make MUCH more money in other places, primarily in "private gigs", but without the same degree of job security.

mattpablo
7th Nov 2021, 13:50
Hello, does anyone know if newly employed pilots can select their gateway and, therefore residence, in mainland Europe if they are a British passport holder only? thanks

redsnail
7th Nov 2021, 14:54
Good question, you can do temporary gateway changes. Just watch the 90/180 day thing... As for the legalities of permanently moving to Europe on a British passport it's a different thing as you've probably worked out. The UK gov.uk site only talked about those who had moved before Jan 01, 2021.

bac1210
7th Nov 2021, 15:30
you can do temporary gateway changes.

For new joiners, there is gateway lock for a year.

redsnail
7th Nov 2021, 18:16
Ok thanks. It's been a while since I was a new joiner :) To be fair, that year will go by pretty quickly.

bac1210
7th Nov 2021, 19:52
Ok thanks. It's been a while since I was a new joiner :) To be fair, that year will go by pretty quickly.

no worries! :)

Anyway, I don’t find this lock annoying. It even makes sense as the company is counting on your presence on this specific gateway. Looking forward to reaching that year and hopefully get ELLX, even temporary!

Right Hand Thread
9th Nov 2021, 12:36

Probably in about a year.

Sky95
9th Nov 2021, 12:40
Any news of another stage 3? Anyone is doing stage 1 or 2 at the moment?

KruegerFlappage
10th Nov 2021, 08:34
So I can get a feel for how operations work in NJ, obviously, safety permitting, whatever the owner wants, you'll endeavour to do. That said how does it work if you were to scheduled to operate a 4 sector day, the first 2 sectors with one owner and the 2nd with another (assuming that's how it works), the first owner wants to return to departure aerodrome midway through the 1st sector because they forgot an important item or whatever reason, it doesn't matter - so, you turn back? Is it a case of essentially saying, absolutely no problem sir/madam and co-ordinating with ops to deal with the consequences for the second owner?

It may seem like a odd question but it's all well and good doing what one owner wants, but at the detriment of another owner? Or is that for ops to decide?

Thanks.

Falci
10th Nov 2021, 15:36
I have just been invited to an online interview and have set a date. I was sent an email a few days earlier saying I was in the holding pool and they would continue processing into the new year so I guess its ongoing. I haven't done any psychometrics yet so I guess that's next, then the in-person stuff.

Proline21
11th Nov 2021, 00:03
So I can get a feel for how operations work in NJ, obviously, safety permitting, whatever the owner wants, you'll endeavour to do. That said how does it work if you were to scheduled to operate a 4 sector day, the first 2 sectors with one owner and the 2nd with another (assuming that's how it works), the first owner wants to return to departure aerodrome midway through the 1st sector because they forgot an important item or whatever reason, it doesn't matter - so, you turn back? Is it a case of essentially saying, absolutely no problem sir/madam and co-ordinating with ops to deal with the consequences for the second owner?

It may seem like a odd question but it's all well and good doing what one owner wants, but at the detriment of another owner? Or is that for ops to decide?

Thanks.

impossible to answer that generally. Normally if the passenger wishes to return and it's doable it will be done. If someone forgot his passport for example you can't really deny this request because the outcome at the next destination might be worse than the returning and relanding. But that all depends on various factors such as MLW, Weather, duty times, opening hours of the aerodrome,etc. After landing you would normally call the company and ask them what to do. The bigger the company is the better the options for the remaining missions. New crew, new aircraft and reschedule, etc is all possible.

pilotarosa
11th Nov 2021, 07:00
You check your MLW ,you duty limitations,your fatigue level, speak to your colleague about his. Then pick up the phone and call the company....they do the rest

Thanks.

Enzino Inthesky
11th Nov 2021, 13:59
Hi,
Can anyone share some feedback about the assesment in Farnborough, day 1 and day2?
Can you confirm whether the starting basic salary of 58k Eur per year is gross or net?

pilotarosa
11th Nov 2021, 16:26
I think being able to scroll back and read old posts is a highly appreciated skill 😉

QUOTE=Enzino Inthesky;11140639]Hi,
Can anyone share some feedback about the assesment in Farnborough, day 1 and day2?
Can you confirm whether the starting basic salary of 58k Eur per year is gross or net?[/QUOTE]

rhs4life
11th Nov 2021, 19:57
Forgive me if this already mentioned above (I tried searching for it unsuccessfully), but is there a bond on the type rating for new joiners? Anyone know the bond terms roughly?

Cheers!

redsnail
11th Nov 2021, 20:52
There have been bonds in the past. The terms were reasonable and reduced over time. What will be offered now, I don't know.

AviatorAbus320
16th Nov 2021, 17:02
Hi guys,

Anyone here attending the 3rd stage in Farnborough on the 24th of November 2021? dm me pls.

Good luck to all.

Regards,

==============================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls. Only an email address will work.

Enzino Inthesky
17th Nov 2021, 07:52
Hi. Can anyone confirm what is the NET monthly salary for a new joiner whose gateway will be VIE or anyway Europe? I read about the 58.5K per year plus per diem plus bonuses. Gross?

Parkbremse
17th Nov 2021, 09:19
Hi everyone,

this thread is a wealth of information - thanks to all NJE pilots who shared some insights.

I was wondering what kind of contract would you get when you select a german gateway? UK? Portuguese? Local german?

Would be great to get some info 👍🏻

higsow
17th Nov 2021, 10:19
Hi. Can anyone confirm what is the NET monthly salary for a new joiner whose gateway will be VIE or anyway Europe? I read about the 58.5K per year plus per diem plus bonuses. Gross?

Depends on the social security contributions and local tax rules in your country but circa 3500e basic plus about 1000e in per diems so about 4500e NET/month. Bonus is paid once a year in Feb based on your flying hours the previous year so it's difficult to say.

higsow
17th Nov 2021, 10:22
Hi everyone,

this thread is a wealth of information - thanks to all NJE pilots who shared some insights.

I was wondering what kind of contract would you get when you select a german gateway? UK? Portuguese? Local german?

Would be great to get some info 👍🏻

All gateways get UK contracts except for Portugal based crew that get Portuguese contracts.

KruegerFlappage
17th Nov 2021, 13:55
Depends on the social security contributions and local tax rules in your country but circa 3500e basic plus about 1000e in per diems so about 4500e NET/month. Bonus is paid once a year in Feb based on your flying hours the previous year so it's difficult to say.

Yikes, not ideal for UK based crew. Still, if you're in for the money, then NJ isn't right for you.

Parkbremse
17th Nov 2021, 17:58
All gateways get UK contracts except for Portugal based crew that get Portuguese contracts.

Ok if I get this correctly, with a german gateway you are considered to be a tax resident in germany under the UK-German DTA and will pay taxes only in germany and arrange Tax Code NT with HMRC in the UK. Social Security will be payed in the country where you are based, so for what its worth you pay taxes and social security like any other german employee. Does this sound right?

EatMyShorts!
17th Nov 2021, 19:47
No, if you look through this thread, you will find that tax will be paid in Portugal, social security in your country of residence. Some countries will tax you on top of the PT tax.

aless85
17th Nov 2021, 19:59
No, if you look through this thread, you will find that tax will be paid in Portugal, social security in your country of residence. Some countries will tax you on top of the PT tax.

Sorry to ask but how do you pay taxes in Portugal on a UK contract? Via what method (uk payslip or something else?) and what is this % of PT taxes?

pilotarosa
18th Nov 2021, 21:43
As my colleague suggested if you look through this thread you will see how it works in lots of details. Your economical employer is in PT for the rest of the details please search aboveSorry to ask but how do you pay taxes in Portugal on a UK contract? Via what method (uk payslip or something else?) and what is this % of PT taxes?

Vandalay
18th Nov 2021, 22:43
Hi pilotarosa , I read earlier in this thread you live in Italy? I didn't see any Italian gateways published for Netjets. I'm still in the selection process and if I would be so lucky to make it into the company I would be interested to have Rome as my gateway. Could you tell me how you got this?

Sky95
19th Nov 2021, 06:51
Hi pilotarosa , I read earlier in this thread you live in Italy? I didn't see any Italian gateways published for Netjets. I'm still in the selection process and if I would be so lucky to make it into the company I would be interested to have Rome as my gateway. Could you tell me how you got this?

I'm sorry, but, if you really want to get in the company maybe is better to start to read the information tha NJE provide you in the FAQ when you applied, or at least scroll down a little bit on the forum. Anyway I'm going to copy/paste exactly what's written by KURA.
"I know current NetJets pilots with other gateways. Can I apply for one of those?
Some current pilots have grandfather rights to other gateways which are no longer on the approved list."

To be honest I would really appreciate if the thread was more about the assesment process interviews, sim, personal feedback, instead of contract,taxation and payslip...
I'm sure that if you really want to join NJE for the values of the company you wouldn't bother too much about the compensation which is more than good in my opinion at the end of the month (I know is important yes, especially in this moment, but some of you looks so picky!! it looks like you have already better job other than NJE and why not stay there then?)

That's only my personal opinion I didn't want to offend anyone with this post.

Good luck to all! 😊😊😊

Klimax
19th Nov 2021, 10:06
I'm sorry, but, if you really want to get in the company maybe is better to start to read the information tha NJE provide you in the FAQ when you applied, or at least scroll down a little bit on the forum. Anyway I'm going to copy/paste exactly what's written by KURA.
"I know current NetJets pilots with other gateways. Can I apply for one of those?
Some current pilots have grandfather rights to other gateways which are no longer on the approved list."

To be honest I would really appreciate if the thread was more about the assesment process interviews, sim, personal feedback, instead of contract,taxation and payslip...
I'm sure that if you really want to join NJE for the values of the company you wouldn't bother too much about the compensation which is more than good in my opinion at the end of the month (I know is important yes, especially in this moment, but some of you looks so picky!! it looks like you have already better job other than NJE and why not stay there then?)

That's only my personal opinion I didn't want to offend anyone with this post.

Good luck to all! 😊😊😊

Well, you´re of course entitled to your personal preferences and what you want this thread to be about. Perhaps you would do yourself a favor by accepting that others have concerns that are different from yours. You´re looking to join a multi cultural company and candidates have different objectives. Don´t ask from others what you´re delivering yourself. Good luck.

happyjack
19th Nov 2021, 13:37
Some realism here guys... Wake up...

I worked for NJE 23 years ago. The deal has not changed since then. That is what I was earning 23 years ago!!! Mid 50's euros plus the 70 euro per diem daily.

In those days NJE sold the crap deal on "you don't pay tax" so it's OK. But now there is no escape.

It is the worst deal in corperate aviation by a country mile. Why are you all chasing it?

jmvdb22
19th Nov 2021, 14:55
Some realism here guys... Wake up...

I worked for NJE 23 years ago. The deal has not changed since then. That is what I was earning 23 years ago!!! Mid 50's euros plus the 70 euro per diem daily.

In those days NJE sold the crap deal on "you don't pay tax" so it's OK. But now there is no escape.

It is the worst deal in corperate aviation by a country mile. Why are you all chasing it?

Funny that you say it's the exact same amount as 23 years ago while then the euro wasn't here yet. If you did a conversion maybe add that to your comment to make it make sense? Also if you have a job opening somewhere with better conditions overall (as a few said here before, it's not only about pay) maybe tell us/open a thread about it so everyone can chase that better deal?

Parkbremse
19th Nov 2021, 21:43
So doing the math for a german base:

4875€ / month gross
- 1218€ PT flat tax at 25%
- 1100 Social Security germany
= 2557€ basic net

Does this sound right? Anything else that comes on top on a monthly basis except per diems (not counting those) ?

Klimax
19th Nov 2021, 22:06
So doing the math for a german base:

4875€ / month gross
- 1218€ PT flat tax at 25%
- 1100 Social Security germany
= 2557€ basic net

Does this sound right? Anything else that comes on top on a monthly basis except per diems (not counting those) ?

Phhhhhhheeewwww.. Don´t spoil the illusion. The same bunch that "only" wants to focus on getting onto the wagon, and despair others from looking at the financials, are the same clowns that will be back here in 5 years from now complaining. It´s common knowledge that pilots are not the smartest bunch around when it comes to investments, but to actually be told to go somewhere else when you´re critically challenging (or enquiring) about the deal is just being blind folded and ignorant about the greater overall picture. Nothing wrong with dreaming and wanting to join NJE, but it´s certainly not like it´s a golden ticket, if you critically look at the "deal" as a career. It´s not the worst either!

EatMyShorts!
19th Nov 2021, 23:52
Can we please stay on topic?

For the first 2 years your salary will be like this. In Germany, social security will be slightly lower at this level of income, one if the online tools produced 982 EUR per month.

Don't forget about the jump in salary after the second year AND that you will get a performance bonus for your block hours flown, plus potential extras for busy tours in summer! You can probably add 15k to 30k per year on that, depending on your fleet.

happyjack
20th Nov 2021, 01:49
Funny that you say it's the exact same amount as 23 years ago while then the euro wasn't here yet.

Yes you are correct, the euro did not exist as a litteral currency then. But it did exist as a pseudo currency. So NJE worked in euros and then a conversion to some other local currency apllied.

Klimax
20th Nov 2021, 09:15
Can we please stay on topic?

For the first 2 years your salary will be like this. In Germany, social security will be slightly lower at this level of income, one if the online tools produced 982 EUR per month.

Don't forget about the jump in salary after the second year AND that you will get a performance bonus for your block hours flown, plus potential extras for busy tours in summer! You can probably add 15k to 30k per year on that, depending on your fleet.

I don´t count tips, per diem or any other variables as salary - because it isn´t salary. Your bank manager probably won´t count those variable extras either, when your looking to buy property(s), asking for mortgage(s). That being said, the NJE entry level salary is not any better or worse than most airline entry jobs - so I don´t think there´s anything to be embarrassed about. It´s a life style choice to go NJE instead of a boring (relatively) airline FO job.

Moonwalker
20th Nov 2021, 14:45
Funny that you say it's the exact same amount as 23 years ago while then the euro wasn't here yet. If you did a conversion maybe add that to your comment to make it make sense? Also if you have a job opening somewhere with better conditions overall (as a few said here before, it's not only about pay) maybe tell us/open a thread about it so everyone can chase that better deal?

He has a point though. Around 2006-2007 NJE offered a starting salary of around 56 000 EUR. Now 15 years later it has jumped to 58 000. 2006 a 737/A320 job would give you a starting salary of around 35-40 000 EUR. 2019 those numbers were around 60 000 EUR starting salary. The inflation increased the entry salary in the airline world. What has happened with the GA sector in Europe?

EatMyShorts!
20th Nov 2021, 15:53
He has a point though. Around 2006-2007 NJE offered a starting salary of around 56 000 EUR. Now 15 years later it has jumped to 58 000.
When I joined before 2006, the starting salary depended on the fleet and could be as low as 42 000 EUR (approx). And even with the higher and unified starting salaries after 2007, there was no automatic jump after 2 years. We have that now, one will get a significantly higher wage in year 3: 66 300 EUR. Including the average block hour bonus and maybe a few extra days you can easily make 80k gross. Without per diems.

And what has happened to GA? In Netjets you will NEVER pay for a type rating. Elsewhere you will. Therefore you can see the "low" starting salary as a way to pay off the training cost.

Mike Oxbig
20th Nov 2021, 17:43
As was posted a bit earlier - one does not come to NetJets for the money, but the renumeration has improved a lot over the last few years. New joiners have a pay increase after 2 years as stated above, there is an SFO pay scale (not sure when that kicks in) and we now receive a performance bonus based on block hours over the year; something that was not paid 3 years ago (so now being paid for doing something that wasn't previously). The amount is staggered depending on the number of hours flown per year but I will not post the figures here as this is a public forum.

Other improvements :

Annual leave: when I joined I received 14 days holiday for the first 2 years, increasing to 21 in year 3 and finally 28 in year 5. New joiners now receive 22 days immediately and that increases by one or two days per year based on time in (can't remember the exact time required but it is at least a few years in) to a maximum of 28 days.

Roster stability: usually a 6 on 5 off roster for short haul and 7 on 6 off for long haul. There will be those who post here they never have that, but in my experience the roster is pretty stable (can be disrupted during the summer peak period) and once the roster is published (6 weeks in advance - e.g. 15 Jan for March's roster; this can be reduced if business needs demand but is the exception rather than the rule) the company will ask you, I say again ASK you if you are prepared to change it (and you will probably be paid extra to do so).

Medical paid for but it has to be done in your off time.

Training is rostered as duty days, not done in your free time (although there are quite a few online courses to be completed for annual ground recurrent and this is not rostered at the moment).

i have done 3 type ratings so far and not had to pay for any, although there has been a bond posted.

My salary and per diem payments have always arrived on time in my bank account (apparently not the case is some other GA companies I have heard).

All in all I find it a very good package, but I am at higher end of the seniority list.

Parkbremse
20th Nov 2021, 18:48
The gross salary is what it is and there are certainly (and for sure will be in the near future) opportunities that will pay more if thats what people are looking for. For me personally the package is fine and the job really something I want so I hope it'll all go well at stage 3.

Still what I find weird and unnecessary is the strange tax deal which is really unfavorable for the FO salary levels. Fully taxing and paying social security in germany would be around 300-700€ net more per months depending on marital status which is a significant sum of money over the year. I suspect things to be similar in other countries with high social security payments so I a little at loss what the purpose of this complicated setup is. It certainly would be easier to take the UK contract and tax it under the bilateral DTA. Ah well... also a thing one just has to make peace with apparently

Moonwalker
20th Nov 2021, 19:06
When I joined before 2006, the starting salary depended on the fleet and could be as low as 42 000 EUR (approx). And even with the higher and unified starting salaries after 2007, there was no automatic jump after 2 years. We have that now, one will get a significantly higher wage in year 3: 66 300 EUR. Including the average block hour bonus and maybe a few extra days you can easily make 80k gross. Without per diems.

And what has happened to GA? In Netjets you will NEVER pay for a type rating. Elsewhere you will. Therefore you can see the "low" starting salary as a way to pay off the training cost.

No. The recent starting salaries are all taken from companies like Jet 2, TUI, DHL, BA, Cargolux etc. You don't have any self sponsored type rating costs there. Given the current situation it might come back again but fact is that few airlines asked experienced pilots to pay for the TR cost pre covid. Even Ryan offered some good deals with a 5 year bond if I remember correct. If a company like Netjets would ask to pay for the type rating no one would take the job. Who wants to pay for a phenom 300 rating? ...and they know this. They would have to fish for pilots with 250 hrs.

TheAirMission
20th Nov 2021, 20:24
Second email asking for anyone who wants to change their dates... so seems people are canceling their stage 3 assessments? Just out of curiosity if anyone is here that did cancel, what were your thoughts that led you to pull out?

His dudeness
20th Nov 2021, 21:27
"Elsewhere you will."

Did 6 T/R in 30y + only in GA and never paid for one. 3 were on type though. So its not that straight forward.

Klimax
21st Nov 2021, 09:06

What makes you say that in Business Aviation you pay for your own type rating? Most serious, and there´s more than NJE that fits that description, don´t make you pay for your type rating - the company will likely make you sign a training bond, but that´s it. Even VistaJet doesn´t make you pay for your type rating. Of course there are the bottom feeder companies that everybody will escape at first opportunity. The starting salary in NJE is low, the 2nd year jump to higher salary is still not impressive, and that´s just the way it is. But, as it´s been said, there plenty of other good reasons to go for NJE as an employer, salary is not one of them.

KruegerFlappage
21st Nov 2021, 10:32
Second email asking for anyone who wants to change their dates... so seems people are canceling their stage 3 assessments? Just out of curiosity if anyone is here that did cancel, what were your thoughts that led you to pull out?

It will likely be due to Covid.

Parkbremse
21st Nov 2021, 16:11
Reading back through the thread, can someone please explain what "Tour based pay" is? Is that something you get as new joiner or is that only applicable with some seniority?

Also regarding the vacation days, do you take 6 days and get the preceding and following 5 days OFF too or will the pattern change that you start a new tour immediately after a vacation?

Thanks guys for answering all the questions on the thread, it's really helpful.

sonicguy
21st Nov 2021, 18:32

"elsewhere you will" well actually not really, never paid a type rating in 20 years + career.

There's a general feeling among NJE pilots that outside NJE conditions are not good, roster being the first argument, but in fact not really, you find better packages, in terms of salary, vacation, pension plans, and even roster.
Exemption of course, if you want to live in Aberdeen or Malaga, chances are that your best option is NJE, but in the major European cities you can find better gigs. And yes, I am an ex NJE and loved it for the most part, colleagues is real asset, there's a great atmosphere among crews.
Roster is stable, but the trade-off is salary below average standard and no decent pension plan still...you can't have it all! Job security? Well in our industry forget about job security and not better at NJE, look at what happened a few months ago...

EatMyShorts!
21st Nov 2021, 18:46
What makes you say that in Business Aviation you pay for your own type rating? Most serious, and there´s more than NJE that fits that description, don´t make you pay for your type rating - the company will likely make you sign a training bond, but that´s it. Even VistaJet doesn´t make you pay for your type rating. Of course there are the bottom feeder companies that everybody will escape at first opportunity. The starting salary in NJE is low, the 2nd year jump to higher salary is still not impressive, and that´s just the way it is. But, as it´s been said, there plenty of other good reasons to go for NJE as an employer, salary is not one of them.
I know enough companies that will make you pay for an almost useless Citation-rating (on the market), or similar types. You may be able to negotiate your way out of it. At least in Netjets and Vista you know the deal beforehand.
I don't think that 70 to 80k is a "low" wage for the first 2 years. Don't forget that in quite a few countries you won't pay any additional tax on top of the tax at source in Portugal. You really need to compare net salaries in this case, not solely the gross pay. And you also need to have a look where you can find jobs, realistically. BA? Forget it. I just had a look at Condor at PPJN (https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Condor): 66.4k starting salary and a bit of overtime pay. That's less than Netjets, after tax. Or ASL Airlines Belgium (https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/ASL_Airlines_Belgium): 43.8k in the first year, then 59.8k in the second year. As well much less than NJE. Air Hamburg (https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Air_Hamburg_Luftverkehrsgesellschaft_mbH): 36k to 42k starting salary, depending on fleet. THAT is low. The list goes on.

No, at Netjets you won't be bathing in money. Your motivation should be to come here for the lifestyle and on top of it the money is quite okay. The variable income can be up to 30k or 40k extra per year, don't forget this! Extra work required, though. As a captain it is easy to make 150k to 200k a year, with all the bonuses and a bit of extra work.

EatMyShorts!
21st Nov 2021, 18:58
"elsewhere you will" well actually not really, never paid a type rating in 20 years + career.

There's a general feeling among NJE pilots that outside NJE conditions are not good, roster being the first argument, but in fact not really, you find better packages, in terms of salary, vacation, pension plans, and even roster.
Exemption of course, if you want to live in Aberdeen or Malaga, chances are that your best option is NJE, but in the major European cities you can find better gigs. And yes, I am an ex NJE and loved it for the most part, colleagues is real asset, there's a great atmosphere among crews.
Roster is stable, but the trade-off is salary below average standard and no decent pension plan still...you can't have it all! Job security? Well in our industry forget about job security and not better at NJE, look at what happened a few months ago...
Hi, that's great for you and all the others who had the privilege to jump to other jobs and types without being asked to invest any money. I don't want to and don't need to defend NJE. It's nice to hear from all of you that there's a world outside Netjets that offers decent and even better conditions! From what we hear from other ex-NJE drivers, many - not all! - of them are jumping from one employer/owner to another. I would not enjoy that, I can tell you. What is all the money of world good for, if you regularly have to fear about your contract.
Yes, last year was (another) dark chapter of this company and I myself was directly affected by it. Luckily it all turned around after a few months and we are all back in our jobs with our old salaries, types and vacation. In general, though, I will still say that job security is rather high with NJE, compared to many other employers on the European market. Again, it is great to hear that there are great contracts out there and that you guys were able to secure them. All is good.

EatMyShorts!
21st Nov 2021, 19:09
Reading back through the thread, can someone please explain what "Tour based pay" is? Is that something you get as new joiner or is that only applicable with some seniority?
TBP is an additional bonus on top of the regular block hour productivity bonus. Depending on what options you take for the summer months (June-September), you will make something between 100 and almost 160 EUR extra per hour, after reaching a certain number of planned block hours during a tour. This was the first year that we tested this, those who were approved to take part in it (some fleets are under-crewed, some are over-crewed), some people took 15k home, others up 30k, just for summer.

Also regarding the vacation days, do you take 6 days and get the preceding and following 5 days OFF too or will the pattern change that you start a new tour immediately after a vacation?No. You take vacation blocks. Less than 9 days and they will add 2 wrap-around days on each side of this block. 10 days vacation or more, 3 days will be added at both ends. If you take a block of 18 days within one calendar month, the entire month will be off with wrap-around days on ONE side of the next or previous month only. And yes: it will/may disrupt your roster pattern.

Parkbremse
21st Nov 2021, 20:30
TBP is an additional bonus on top of the regular block hour productivity bonus. Depending on what options you take for the summer months (June-September), you will make something between 100 and almost 160 EUR extra per hour, after reaching a certain number of planned block hours during a tour. This was the first year that we tested this, those who were approved to take part in it (some fleets are under-crewed, some are over-crewed), some people took 15k home, others up 30k, just for summer.

No. You take vacation blocks. Less than 9 days and they will add 2 wrap-around days on each side of this block. 10 days vacation or more, 3 days will be added at both ends. If you take a block of 18 days within one calendar month, the entire month will be off with wrap-around days on ONE side of the next or previous month only. And yes: it will/may disrupt your roster pattern.

Thanks for the explanation - much appreciated!

I suppose all fleets for newjoiners are undercrewed and busy and would qualify for the TBP scheme?

EatMyShorts!
21st Nov 2021, 21:03
Thanks for the explanation - much appreciated!

I suppose all fleets for newjoiners are undercrewed and busy and would qualify for the TBP scheme?
I have no idea, really. I am not involved in any part of the selection, fleet training or planning.

MrGustave
22nd Nov 2021, 08:30
No. You take vacation blocks. Less than 9 days and they will add 2 wrap-around days on each side of this block. 10 days vacation or more, 3 days will be added at both ends. If you take a block of 18 days within one calendar month, the entire month will be off with wrap-around days on ONE side of the next or previous month only. And yes: it will/may disrupt your roster pattern.

If you have 200 duty days/year and 22 vacation days, does that equal 178 days of engagement in total or are vacation not entirely deducted from the 200 days (if you get what I mean)?
What would a roster look like if you're on part time? Would you still have 6 days ON and then more than 5 days OFF, or would it be less days ON in a row..?
Always being away for 6-7 days in a row might be a deal-breaker for me in the long run, so I'd like to see if there are any ways to mitigate that a little or if it's just something that's part of the deal.
Again many thanks for all your answers, really helpful.

buzzc152
22nd Nov 2021, 10:59
Most tours will be 6 days (7 days for large cabin fleets but that will not be for new hires). You will occasionally get a 4 or 5 day tour to accommodate training or vacation but 6 is the standard you can count on 90% of the time.
If you don’t want to be away from home regularly for 6 days at a time then don’t join NJE. Simple really. Also don’t join with intention of going straight on to part time. It won’t work out for you.

EatMyShorts!
22nd Nov 2021, 11:06
Yes, vacation days count towards duty days and need to be substracted from the year total. With 22 vacation days you end up with 178 days and that also includes all recurrent and ground training! Your net flying days would therefore be something like 160 to 165 days a year. If you volunteer of extended days, you work more, but you obviously also make more.

I never took part-time, so I cannot comment on it with full confidence. As a new joiner you will probably not be able to apply for FW (flexible work patterns) for the first year, or two. But I might be wrong on this! There are several FW-programs to have you work more or less than the 200 standard days a year. People who are on a reduced FW-program will work normal tour-lengths and then have longer off-periods between them. Keep in mind that summer months MAY be excluded from this and you will just work less between October and May. But I am not an expert on this part of the contract/policy.

MrGustave
22nd Nov 2021, 12:08
Thank you guys, appreciate it. :ok:

happyjack
22nd Nov 2021, 12:32
Salary maybe OK for a low hour youngish guy looking for the next 30+ years in aviation? The issue is that it's the same deal for an ex Falcon 900 Captain (for example) with thousands of hours and aged 45. He would be staring in the face at forever RHS and just at the age when he should be earning decent money, simply is not as his future potential years fade away all too quickly.
From my experience trying to end up with a reasonable job lot out of aviation is really not that easy. Many job losses and periods of unemployment plus the never ending demand to finance an employers training liabilities! I will give NJE credit for that one. But rather than seeing a job as a job what about the whole game plan? How does this fit with family, home ownership, raising children, quality of life and most importantly retirement if at an age when you should be in Command earning the highest salary you have ever seen you are stuck RHS on little more than a handling agent deal and your potential for making it up later with any future earnings disappearing fast? In that regard it is not even a reasonable deal unless you want to be poor your entire life!
Additionally If you find yourself out of work mid 50*s your career is done. No-one will be employing you! The next NJE layoffs will affect many of these.
What I am trying to say is see the whole picture, not just the job for tomorrow unless you are young.

EatMyShorts!
22nd Nov 2021, 13:05
Salary maybe OK for a low hour youngish guy looking for the next 30+ years in aviation? The issue is that it's the same deal for an ex Falcon 900 Captain (for example) with thousands of hours and aged 45. He would be staring in the face at forever RHS and just at the age when he should be earning decent money, simply is not as his future potential years fade away all too quickly.
Yes, I absolutely agree with that. NJE is probably not for "advanced captains trying to make a career". You have to be realistic and look at an upgrade only after 7 to 10 years, depending on how the company is doing. At the moment we are growing, most of our FOs will be upgraded within the next 2 years (or so), but should there be a dip in the economy next year or the year after, this will change again. After all, this is aviation! You know, I know, we all know it. Anything can happen. Last year me and 100+ crew members and many from the office were at the receiving end, because somebody panicked and thought that he could run this company like a regular legacy airline. It wasn't nice, it was drama. Luckily many of us crew are back.

...when you should be in Command earning the highest salary you have ever seen you are stuck RHS on little more than a handling agent deal and your potential for making it up later with any future earnings disappearing fast?Hmmm, handling agents earn 80k a year? Where!?

happyjack
22nd Nov 2021, 13:31
I wrestled for many years with my consience whilst paying these guys as I could clearly see having a handling agency as nothing but money for old rope! A few contacts a caterer, which I had and he could not believe what was being paid for a few sandwiches, a mobile phone and kerchin!

KruegerFlappage
22nd Nov 2021, 15:48
Any UK based drivers used parental leave whilst with NJE? Despite being part of employment law, I have found past employers do not understand it well or do not have any system in place to allow employees to use it. I am hoping this isn't the case with someone with the calibre of NJ.

EatMyShorts!
22nd Nov 2021, 17:58
I wrestled for many years with my consience whilst paying these guys as I could clearly see having a handling agency as nothing but money for old rope! A few contacts a caterer, which I had and he could not believe what was being paid for a few sandwiches, a mobile phone and kerchin!But you know that there is a difference between the bag of gold that you leave with FBOs and what the handling staff gets paid as salary, right?

Moonwalker
22nd Nov 2021, 18:16
I know enough companies that will make you pay for an almost useless Citation-rating (on the market), or similar types. You may be able to negotiate your way out of it. At least in Netjets and Vista you know the deal beforehand.
I don't think that 70 to 80k is a "low" wage for the first 2 years. Don't forget that in quite a few countries you won't pay any additional tax on top of the tax at source in Portugal. You really need to compare net salaries in this case, not solely the gross pay. And you also need to have a look where you can find jobs, realistically. BA? Forget it. I just had a look at Condor at PPJN (https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Condor): 66.4k starting salary and a bit of overtime pay. That's less than Netjets, after tax. Or ASL Airlines Belgium (https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/ASL_Airlines_Belgium): 43.8k in the first year, then 59.8k in the second year. As well much less than NJE. Air Hamburg (https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Air_Hamburg_Luftverkehrsgesellschaft_mbH): 36k to 42k starting salary, depending on fleet. THAT is low. The list goes on.

No, at Netjets you won't be bathing in money. Your motivation should be to come here for the lifestyle and on top of it the money is quite okay. The variable income can be up to 30k or 40k extra per year, don't forget this! Extra work required, though. As a captain it is easy to make 150k to 200k a year, with all the bonuses and a bit of extra work.

Last time I saw, the starting salary wasn't 80K at Netjets? Whatever happens after 2 years is a different story, starting salary is 58K isn't it?
No you compare gross salaries. Your tax depends on your individual circumstances so when you talk salaries you talk gross. Regardless of industry.
No one with the experience required to join NJE would pay for an XLS rating. If they pay they pay for A320 or 737 rating most of the time.

My point was that the GA salary hasn't followed the inflation while the airline salaries have. You seem to take it personal. I know NJ is a good company to work for, just saying the entry level salary is not what it used to be.

EatMyShorts!
22nd Nov 2021, 23:43
Hi Moonwalker,

no, I do not take it personal, why should I? Actually, the less qualified pilots Netjets is able to find, the better for us here, because the company will have to increase our salaries and conditions.

Have you read the posts of the last few days? Yes, your starting salary will be 58k. But you will probably make another 15k to 30k extra from block hours, that's something that you need to factor into the equation. And as you won't pay any local tax in quite a few countries, comparing net salaries is also okay. Example: when you start with Air Hamburg on a large cabin aircraft, living in Germany, you'll make a net salary of about 27k EUR per year. With NJE you will end up with at least 31k EUR. That's 4.000 EUR more while possibly having a better life-style. And now add a yearly block hour bonus of 15k EUR, you will take a good chunk of that home, too.

By all means, if you don't like the salary and if it is of utmost importance, then NJE won't be for you. I do agree with that! But I do not think that we are grossly underpaid. Or have you seen captains on Phenom 300s who make in excess of 140k per year, gross?

Thioda
27th Nov 2021, 08:51
Also what I’d like to add regarding the whole “are they good T&Cs vs they are not” discussion.
For those of you who think they aren’t please keep in mind everybody’s experience is subjective because of past and current experiences.
I’ve worked for roughly 10 years in aviation and never had T&Cs like this.
On top of that, because of the pandemic many are either still working but not flying, flying but not happy where they are or how things are going, or even worse just unemployed. And I know plenty of people in all three of those categories.
So if you have better working conditions where you are at that different, better, anonymous company or if you had those in the past and feel this is beneath you, don’t slag other people off over it.
Or share those triple A companies with us and then the discussion might get interesting.

Phalare
29th Nov 2021, 15:03
Good evening all,

Anyone out here working for NJE and based in GVA ? (or ZRH...)
I would have a question about residency... Please PM !

Thanks a lot

His dudeness
30th Nov 2021, 13:32
"So if you have better working conditions where you are at that different, better, anonymous company or if you had those in the past and feel this is beneath you, don’t slag other people off over it."

If you accept anything, you´ll get nothing.

And just for the record: I think working for NJE isn´t the worst gig by any stretch of the imagination. I was very impressed with them in 2009 etcetc. There are many other operators out there who are way worse.

lollo883
1st Dec 2021, 20:28
Hi all,
Question for who already attended the interview in Farnborough.

At the documents check, do they ask for the full logbook or just the last pages??
I have an electronic logbook and I'm wondering if they want me to print everything or they have enough of the last 3/5.

Thanks for the help ☺️
Good luck to all!!

Falci
2nd Dec 2021, 09:10
Or share those triple A companies with us and then the discussion might get interesting.

I also am intrigued to hear about all these operators that pay significantly more as I've been working in aviation for a good few years and the NJE pay looks at least equivalent if not better to what I've seen previously. Maybe I've been ripped off all this time. We get paid well for this job, guys.

However, I'd far rather we moved the discussion to the assessment process and the job itself.

MostAnnoying
3rd Dec 2021, 10:38
Hey folks, I have been lucky enough to continue on to the final stages of the assessment. I was wondering if anyone is eager to share their experiences of the final stages?

all the best,

M.A.

mtowswede
3rd Dec 2021, 11:15
Hi all,
Question for who already attended the interview in Farnborough.

At the documents check, do they ask for the full logbook or just the last pages??
I have an electronic logbook and I'm wondering if they want me to print everything or they have enough of the last 3/5.

Thanks for the help ☺️
Good luck to all!!
Just the last pages. Electronic logbook works fine.

Vixr
3rd Dec 2021, 16:16
Good evening all,

Anyone out here working for NJE and based in GVA ? (or ZRH...)
I would have a question about residency... Please PM !

Thanks a lot

You got a pm

lollo883
4th Dec 2021, 09:49
Just the last pages. Electronic logbook works fine.

Thanks a lot! Appreciated

richmixture
4th Dec 2021, 10:31
EatMyShorts & Happyjack, you make valid points. But they are not valid in all cases, as personal reasons are important.

My background: 46 years, been flying full time for 25 years, more hours than I can count, left seat and current on B777 in flag carrier airline, technical pilot, instructor, examiner, no ****-ups of any kind. I was rejected after the online interview despite really wanting the NJ job.

I am certain that I performed well in all stages of the NJ assessment and the interview as well, I was humble and honest, and gave a number of reasons why I (truly) wanted the job: mainly family and relocation, I don’t care about the money, which is a fraction in Fraction (!) - nor about being in the right seat. But it seems this is not what they are looking for, which is truly a shame. Their assumption that experienced guys with an airline background will leave again to look for something better, or will have CRM problems with NJ Captains that have a fraction of the experience, is certainly wrong. Ah well, their loss.

OSTRIA
4th Dec 2021, 13:01
EatMyShorts & Happyjack, you make valid points. But they are not valid in all cases, as personal reasons are important.

My background: 46 years, been flying full time for 25 years, more hours than I can count, left seat and current on B777 in flag carrier airline, technical pilot, instructor, examiner, no ****-ups of any kind. I was rejected after the online interview despite really wanting the NJ job.

I am certain that I performed well in all stages of the NJ assessment and the interview as well, I was humble and honest, and gave a number of reasons why I (truly) wanted the job: mainly family and relocation, I don’t care about the money, which is a fraction in Fraction (!) - nor about being in the right seat. But it seems this is not what they are looking for, which is truly a shame. Their assumption that experienced guys with an airline background will leave again to look for something better, or will have CRM problems with NJ Captains that have a fraction of the experience, is certainly wrong. Ah well, their loss.

The fact that with such an experience you ''complain'' like a '''school boy''' shows that you are not a good fit ....Maybe its an attitude issue not technical nor skills ....

Soft skills are also important and they are not teachable or transferable in contrast with the technical knowledge or stick and rudder skills...

If you really want the job apply again when the industry recovers fully...

Boabity
4th Dec 2021, 14:38

You're reading to much into it, I did great at the online interview section and fell at the aptitude tests. My experience is more relevant than yours but that's not the bit they want either, we are similarly aged though so that might have come into play. Whatever it is it's out of your control so it's best to try to move on without being bitter about it.
I only object to the response "we cannot (won't) provide feedback because of the high number of applicants" That's bs, we have all of us put not a small amount of time into the interview process and each person deserves at least a very brief explanation as to why they're not a good fit. That's not really NetJets though, that's Kura and they're not an amazing business in terms of taking care of people ;).

In any case, you're going to see a significant lack of experienced crew out there before long, you'll get to pick your job, at least I hope so :). I just want to find a place that is fun to work with nice people, reasonable management good safety and an acceptable (not high) salary. That's not NetJets for me, good luck to those who do well with them. :)

redsnail
4th Dec 2021, 15:49
I feel for those who missed out for whatever reason. NetJets isn't the only player in town. If you're really interested in the biz jet world, you could try Flexjet (https://www.flexjet.com/careers/), Vistajet (https://careers-vistajet.icims.com/jobs/search?hashed=-435623327&mobile=false&width=1200&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=0&jun1offset=60), Air Hamburg (https://career.air-hamburg.de/) or Luxaviation (https://www.luxaviation.com/careers/). Just to name a couple.

His dudeness
4th Dec 2021, 18:13
The fact that with such an experience you ''complain'' like a '''school boy'''

He does ? Thats not how I read it, but...

richmixture
4th Dec 2021, 20:19
Ostria, I did not complain, it’s no problem for me to stay in my current position or to find another job. I just really wanted to work for Netjets because I know people are generally happy there. I would have been prepared to bring all my experience, and would have been happy in the right seat. The reason I’d be happy in the right seat is exactly because I do have the necessary soft skills, and I because I do understand CRM. After thousands of hours in the left seat of a wide body, I don’t need to prove anything to anyone, including myself.

Thank you for guiding me about the finer points of attitude, soft skills, and stick-and-rudder. I never came across these concepts in 25 years of flying and 15 years of training, but now, thanks to your insights, I finally understand. Thank you also for calling me a school boy. I wish you all the best for your future career, may you enlighten many others.

Boabity - re the “we cannot provide feedback” - I fully agree. Especially where applicants have reached a late stage of the process and an (apparently) considered decision is made, it wouldn’t be too much to ask on what basis, regardless of whether it came from the agency or NJ itself - professional courtesy. Constructive feedback is crucial when someone has failed an assessment, then again, perhaps they just don't have the resources.

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
4th Dec 2021, 22:27
. Their assumption that experienced guys with an airline background will leave again to look for something better, or will have CRM problems with NJ Captains that have a fraction of the experience, is certainly wrong. Ah well, their loss.

If I may chime in real quick, because it now has come up a couple of times in this tread and needs to be addressed: There seems to be the mis-perception that NJE doesn't wish to hire experienced airline pilots. Maybe that mis-perception was fed by JoeLeTaxi (I am not sure if he actually is a NJE pilot, btw.). Anyway, that perception is certainly wrong, or else it woudn't say so in the job ad. Also, the group starting with NJE within the next days certainly is a mix of all three (mainly airline and GA, but also some military pilots).
I would also like to say that the NJE pilot corps always consisted of a mix of former military, airline, and GA/BizAv pilots. This mix always has worked very well with no major CRM issues between pilots because of their flying backgrounds.
So while I can understand your frustration (have been disappointed often enough myself), you are making some unfounded assumptions.

Cheers

Right Hand Thread
4th Dec 2021, 23:44
@ OSTRIA

I think I recognise you, weren't you a case study on my last CRM recurrent?

redsnail
5th Dec 2021, 10:31
BTW - it is not called "soft skills" any more. Non-technicals or NOTECHs is the preferred name. ;)
Looks like I'll be seeing some of you in a week's time. ;)

kimono1950
5th Dec 2021, 14:00

It is not NJE who eliminates you, it is some 25 to 30 years old moron, working for a useless company ( Kura ), whom has decided you were not good enough for the job !
This is the problem in our industry. We have allowed all kind of parasites ( HR, bean counters, recruitment agencies, etc.. ) taking the crucial decision on our professional lives. Now we are paying the price !

KruegerFlappage
7th Dec 2021, 11:17
Ostria, I did not complain, it’s no problem for me to stay in my current position or to find another job. I just really wanted to work for Netjets because I know people are generally happy there. I would have been prepared to bring all my experience, and would have been happy in the right seat. The reason I’d be happy in the right seat is exactly because I do have the necessary soft skills, and I because I do understand CRM. After thousands of hours in the left seat of a wide body, I don’t need to prove anything to anyone, including myself.

Thank you for guiding me about the finer points of attitude, soft skills, and stick-and-rudder. I never came across these concepts in 25 years of flying and 15 years of training, but now, thanks to your insights, I finally understand. Thank you also for calling me a school boy. I wish you all the best for your future career, may you enlighten many others.

Boabity - re the “we cannot provide feedback” - I fully agree. Especially where applicants have reached a late stage of the process and an (apparently) considered decision is made, it wouldn’t be too much to ask on what basis, regardless of whether it came from the agency or NJ itself - professional courtesy. Constructive feedback is crucial when someone has failed an assessment, then again, perhaps they just don't have the resources.

Let it go chaps. I passed the assessment and I have 10 years airline background and 4 in the left seat. I wasn't the only one. If you didn't get through the first stages it's probably because the algorithm is ridiculous. It happens.

jmvdb22
7th Dec 2021, 18:53
Still waiting for anything after the: "we've had a lot of people apply and we'll come back to you later" email. Anyone here that recently got an invitation for a further stage or are they first going to the end with everyone they initially invited to a further stage before starting a new batch?

191sos
8th Dec 2021, 04:17
Still waiting for anything after the: "we've had a lot of people apply and we'll come back to you later" email. Anyone here that recently got an invitation for a further stage or are they first going to the end with everyone they initially invited to a further stage before starting a new batch?

I got an invitation after receiving the that e-mail twice. That was couple of weeks ago.

EatMyShorts!
8th Dec 2021, 08:53
Those of you, who were not chosen to continue the application process, but really, really want to join the company, try it again next time, show your commitment!

His dudeness
9th Dec 2021, 10:47
This is the problem in our industry. We have allowed all kind of parasites ( HR, bean counters, recruitment agencies, etc.. ) taking the crucial decision on our professional lives. Now we are paying the price !

Interesting. How exactly could "we" have prevented that ?

show your commitment!

Yes ! Commit to the cause ! ...../ irony off

EatMyShorts!
9th Dec 2021, 12:35
Yes ! Commit to the cause ! ...../ irony off
Come on, I simply tried to uplift those who were unsuccessful this time, please stop taking it out of context.

Either someone really wants to join the Netjets-family, or not. We are happy campers, mostly - and money is not everything in life - when you have enough time to actually live a life without being on call 24/7. And money: money is not bad, or do you think a Phenom captain is underpaid when he makes something like 150,000 to 180,000 EUR for working 200 days net a year?

MrP76
9th Dec 2021, 13:36
Not bad at all, no matter what aircraft. I would like to know if there is a more precise number as the salary for FO...
Thx in advance.

kimono1950
9th Dec 2021, 14:10
Interesting. How exactly could "we" have prevented that ?

All the very unionized airlines ( AF, Luft,BA,etc.. ) should have stand up !

GGGrrr
9th Dec 2021, 15:30
Looking to get in touch with the candidates who were having their stage 3 with me at FAB on Dec 5.
Drop a pm if possible, cheers.

His dudeness
9th Dec 2021, 21:27
Either someone really wants to join the Netjets-family, or not.

Or he/she tries hard and never gets an answer. Happened to me, and better people than me. (many years ago, but still...) For me it was most likely much better than joining NJE, but thats another story...

And I now a few not-so-happy campers. Bottom line (for me): its a company and as an employee, you're just that. I don´t marry my employer, although I´m with the current one now for almost 15 years.

EatMyShorts!
9th Dec 2021, 23:03
Or he/she tries hard and never gets an answer. Happened to me, and better people than me. (many years ago, but still...) For me it was most likely much better than joining NJE, but thats another story...

And I now a few not-so-happy campers. Bottom line (for me): its a company and as an employee, you're just that. I don´t marry my employer, although I´m with the current one now for almost 15 years.
When you look at the fact that the company employs nearly 600 pilots, you will always find someone who's unhappy. Yes, as mentioned in this thread here, there are some things that are not great and the Union is looking at fixing them. We just need a bit of leverage. And those who are really, really unhappy, could just leave for greener pastures - but somehow they don't, although they are ranting and complaining every single day. And we have had a people leave for better jobs, so they thought, but only a few were lucky. Many, though, had to look for new employers at a regular basis, because their aircraft got sold, or the owner moved his aircraft to another management company etc.. You, working for the same employer for 15 years, are one of the lucky ones - and you know that perfectly well. And you have also come by the type of person that will never be happy, no matter what you do. These people need to work a normal job for some time to appreciate how well we are treated (not limited to Netjets, but in general), normally.

One more time: my message about keeping on trying was meant as motivator. If Netjets was really soooooooo bad, we'd have a much higher turnover of crew. But we don't. I have been with the company in excess of 17 years already and I am in good company with this. I think I know what I am talking about, in regards to Netjets.

redsnail
12th Dec 2021, 16:16
I am sorry for those who haven't made the selection. For those that have, I have met a genuinely lovely and fun bunch of pilots and cabin crew this week. Enjoy the day off ;)

Abc63
13th Dec 2021, 18:17
Hello there, anybody willing to share some information on what to prepare for those two days in farnborough? For the interviews just personal or as well technical stuff and what will happen in the SIM🙏🏼

Thanks in advance!!!

==================================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls. Only leaving an email will give the chance of a private reply

Parkbremse
14th Dec 2021, 07:42
A little bit offtopic question for the anyone that flew into the UK from the EU for the interview recently:

How did it work with the PCR test on arrival, were you able to get the result on the same day? Wondering how many days I have to fly in early to have the result guaranteed on interview day.

wondering
14th Dec 2021, 10:21
EatMyShorts!

well said. I know one case personally. Constantly chasing new jobs after leaving NJE. Not many pilots are in the comfortable position to fly for decades for a well run corporate or private gig which offers better conditions.

550rvr
19th Dec 2021, 12:06
In order to get a balanced view of what is being offered, can anyone share the amount covered by the training bond and if it is reducing or non-reducing over the 3 years?

Thanks

redsnail
20th Dec 2021, 15:24
17 years ago it covered the cost of the type rating and it reduced over 3 years.
What the deal is now I don't know, I suppose I could ask someone in January.

pilotarosa
20th Dec 2021, 17:08
I have no idea either, had twice training bonds but nether thought of leaving, so didn't care. This is my 3rd type rating and no bond.

MrP76
21st Dec 2021, 07:49
As a german lad, anyone an idea how to deal with the new regulations? And how expensive is a PCR test in UK? I am wondering, bc afaik you need extra 24h in UK for the test result, do a test before flying, do a test before flying back to Germany and do another one in Germany. And from the last weekend on, full 14 days quarantine in Germany.... Yeah

Anyone from Germany attending in January? Please PM

rhs4life
21st Dec 2021, 10:32
Could any NetJets pilots share a typical 6 day roster? Would be interesting to see the length of duty/destinations etc. I know it varies a lot but it would be really helpful to get an idea of what a 6 day tour would look like 😊 Feel free to dm it if you don’t want to post it here. Cheers!

Thioda
21st Dec 2021, 11:30
In order to get a balanced view of what is being offered, can anyone share the amount covered by the training bond and if it is reducing or non-reducing over the 3 years?

Thanks

Most bonds are 2 years, reducing every month.
I think there is one 3 year bond for one of the longer haul types.

EatMyShorts!
21st Dec 2021, 11:38
In summer you will usually be on an early airline on day 1 and most likely you will then operate between 1 and 3 flights that day. Nightstop with minimum rest (11 hours or length of previous duty period, if longer than 11 hours), 3 to 4 legs, next hotel, next min rest of 11 hours or longer etc.. You will probably fly 15 to 20 legs during a tour. If they keep you really busy, you might end up with 55 hours of duty on day 5 and they'll send you home already. If you were unlucky and had a slower day before, you'll finish on day 6 and if they squeeze in just one flight before going home. When they are short on crew, like this year, they might ask you to agree to extend your duty (NOT flight duty!) to 65 hours for the week, but they can only use duty in excess of 60 hours to position you home. And you get extra money for it.

The summer is usually busy and you will regularly hit 58 to 60 hours of weekly duty. Winters are slower and good to take a breath and actually enjoy some time off or on STBY in a hotel to do other things than sleep-eat-fly-eat-sleep.

rhs4life
21st Dec 2021, 11:50
Thank you EatMyShorts! :)

550rvr
27th Dec 2021, 22:55
Thank you all for the information, what is the approximate amount covered by the bond, presumably somewhere in the 10-20k Eur range?

Sky95
28th Dec 2021, 12:19
Hello guys,
I'm wondering if anyone flew into uk as a crew on an airline flight.
If yes please pm me.

Thanks

Globally Challenged
28th Dec 2021, 15:16
Hello guys,
I'm wondering if anyone flew into uk as a crew on an airline flight.
If yes please pm me.

Thanks

We do this regularly and you shouldn’t expect the checkin / gate staff to know any exemptions that apply. We are advised to travel in uniform and the company provided a couple of letters (I only used the letter once).

What you need though is your crew badge and PLF (completed the the crew exemption).

You will need a pre-departure test up to 72 hours old but don’t need to book any day 2/5 etc

Sky95
28th Dec 2021, 16:19
We do this regularly and you shouldn’t expect the checkin / gate staff to know any exemptions that apply. We are advised to travel in uniform and the company provided a couple of letters (I only used the letter once).

What you need though is your crew badge and PLF (completed the the crew exemption).

You will need a pre-departure test up to 72 hours old but don’t need to book any day 2/5 etc

Thanks for the reply!

Thioda
28th Dec 2021, 20:32
Thank you all for the information, what is the approximate amount covered by the bond, presumably somewhere in the 10-20k Eur range?

Around the 20k

jmvdb22
29th Dec 2021, 10:48

Not sure if it's different for Netjets crew, but I'm working in the UK at an airline at the moment and for us there is no pre-departure test needed, but we do need to do the LFD test (I believe on day 2 and 5), which you can get for free delivered via the gov.uk website.

The plf might be required officially, but I've not been asked to show it in about the last 1,5 year now, so I'm not sure as the rules change quite often.

550rvr
29th Dec 2021, 10:56
Around the 20k
Thanks for your help!

Globally Challenged
29th Dec 2021, 14:38
Not sure if it's different for Netjets crew, but I'm working in the UK at an airline at the moment and for us there is no pre-departure test needed, but we do need to do the LFD test (I believe on day 2 and 5), which you can get for free delivered via the gov.uk website.

The plf might be required officially, but I've not been asked to show it in about the last 1,5 year now, so I'm not sure as the rules change quite often.

Yes if we are operating crew then that’s different - but about 30-40% of the time or so I airline home and then we are not in a locked compartment away from the great unwashed (the exact terminalogy in the rules is a little different :}) then we need the pre-departure test

Honda-pilot
4th Jan 2022, 09:41
Hello,

I am wondering can anyone advise either here or in PM about the tax situation for pilot's in NetJets? Do you pay a flat rate in Portugal then top up in your own country or how does it work. Thank you.

pilotarosa
4th Jan 2022, 12:31
Hello,

I am wondering can anyone advise either here or in PM about the tax situation for pilot's in NetJets? Do you pay a flat rate in Portugal then top up in your own country or how does it work. Thank you.

Hi if you scroll the 22 pages before your post you can find plenty of information about it

Honda-pilot
4th Jan 2022, 14:54
Hi if you scroll the 22 pages before your post you can find plenty of information about it
Just had a closer look and most info is there. Thanks.

bleeke
5th Jan 2022, 06:51
I joined NJE in 2004 and had to leave in January 2013. Back in 2004 management was all about convincing the new hires to see NJE as the company they wanted to retire from after a long and enjoyable career. Unfortunately things turned out rather differently for a lot of us who actually wanted to do just that. Overselling of the 25 hours cards and thus disrupting a healthy balance between fractional ownership and the number of cards caused the company to own too many aircraft and when the 2008 crisis hit, there was an excess of around 300 pilots. Fortunately nobody had to be let go thanks to the willingness of the crew to accept one of the options offered. At the end of 2012 128 captains based, or “ gatewayed “, in France and Belgium were fired after new European legislation was introduced with regards to social security contributions for employers even though a 10-year transition period was allowed for people already employed. Although I thoroughly enjoyed my time at NJE, from a career point of view, I should probably never have left the cargo airline where I started my career. Bottom line for me, with NJE hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Honda-pilot
9th Jan 2022, 20:20
I do have one more question. If you live within 1 hour of a Gateway are you guarantee'd to get that gateway for example if you tell them EGCC do you get that gateway or is it subject to availability/seniority? Thanks

EatMyShorts!
9th Jan 2022, 22:48
You will get it, but you'll need some address that actually is within 60 minutes of travel. And if it just your friend's or brother's place. Obviously, when they put you on STBY, you'll need to be in that area as well.

Honda-pilot
10th Jan 2022, 09:03
You will get it, but you'll need some address that actually is within 60 minutes of travel. And if it just your friend's or brother's place. Obviously, when they put you on STBY, you'll need to be in that area as well.
Thats fine I'm 45 minutes on Google maps.
When you guy's airline home do you do it in uniform or casual clothes?

Globally Challenged
10th Jan 2022, 09:20
Thats fine I'm 45 minutes on Google maps.
When you guy's airline home do you do it in uniform or casual clothes?

It depends if you were operating on the last day of your tour (which you probably will be) and whether you can be bothered to change (I don’t).

There is currently a recommendation (not mandated) to position in uniform as it often helps facilitate easier movement through airports - some countries more than others such as France and Switzerland you will get treated with respect and others like the UK you tend to get treated worse 😜

About half the time I end my tour with ground transport within the UK

EatMyShorts!
10th Jan 2022, 12:13
During COVID-times I always travel in uniform to make the process easier. Off COVID I do it as well, mostly, for the same reason. Less hassle. Except for UK airports, where crew travelling in uniform seem to be put under special scrutiny at security check points. In other countries it is the opposite.

EDIT: ah, too slow, GC already answered it accordingly!

Honda-pilot
12th Jan 2022, 10:03
Understood it makes sense in that case. Thank you both.

Sebmaizter
23rd Jan 2022, 13:48
Hey guys,

Great thread! Really nice to see some comments from actual NJE pilots around how "real life" work scenarios would look like.

Anybody up for Stage 3 end of January/Beginning of Feb? Would be nice to get in touch!

jmvdb22
23rd Jan 2022, 21:44
Does anyone know when, if not already, they will restart the hiring process? (Refering to the email about them pausing recruitment due to the covid restrictions)

Onninger
25th Jan 2022, 10:05
Good afternoon from Alps. I have seen so many discussion about the contract and how's life inside of NJ. Does anyone finally passed the Stage 3 or Simulator Screening and willing to share some details? Would be great!! All the rest comes later :-)

Onninger
29th Jan 2022, 20:50
Good evening to all group members. Does anybody got an invitation for stage 3 end of january/beginning of february? Get in touch!

gene88
4th May 2022, 12:26
Hello Everyone,

I have seen that EJM Europe is hiring for second in command, is all these nice netjet pilot experiences apply to EJM too, or is this a different outfit?

thank you

MrP76
4th May 2022, 13:02
Hello Everyone,

I have seen that EJM Europe is hiring for second in command, is all these nice netjet pilot experiences apply to EJM too, or is this a different outfit?

thank you

did they open up the process again?

EatMyShorts!
4th May 2022, 15:34
No, it's different. Very different roster, possibly less money (depending on the contract/aircraft), not the same bonus etc..

the boy
5th May 2022, 08:12
No, it's different. Very different roster, possibly less money (depending on the contract/aircraft), not the same bonus etc..

VERY different terms. Just ask the EJM PIC's that were all let go last year

EatMyShorts!
5th May 2022, 09:15
VERY different terms. Just ask the EJM PIC's that were all let go last year
Well, I thought they were offered to start on the NJE-contract as F/Os in line with seniority? I know, it wasn't a nice move, but I am not sure if anyone was really made redundant. I am sorry for what has happened to these colleagues.

Klimax
6th Jun 2022, 21:02
www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Netjets_Europe

UPDATED 21/Aug/21??

Why am I not impressed.. Is this really all you get as a Captain with NJE or it it not really up-to-day (I hope not!)?

zuluzuluzulu
7th Jun 2022, 08:16
www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Netjets_Europe

UPDATED 21/Aug/21??

Why am I not impressed.. Is this really all you get as a Captain with NJE or it it not really up-to-day (I hope not!)?

No, it’s not, they get more. But how much should a European captain be paid? We don’t get paid enough, that’s for sure. But unfortunately there’s an abundance of pilots and none of the companies need to pay top dollar to fill seats, especially when they don’t really care about quality. It’s not helped when these seats can be filled by eastern European pilots for whom these salaries (in their homeland) are enormous. But then cheap Eastern European labor has always suppressed wages in the more affluent EU countries (see UK and Brexit for details - haulage, construction etc…) so this is nothing new.

Dodgy tax agreements where a pilot being based in certain countries can pay minimal tax doesn’t help matters either. It means a €100,000 salary is really like earning €140,000 in a country where the tax system operates normally. So again, they can fill seats.

The US doesn’t have a cheap source of labor so wages are now high.

It’s just a sh***y industry, really.

EatMyShorts!
7th Jun 2022, 09:14
No, it’s not, they get more. But how much should a European captain be paid? We don’t get paid enough, that’s for sure. But unfortunately there’s an abundance of pilots and none of the companies need to pay top dollar to fill seats, especially when they don’t really care about quality. It’s not helped when these seats can be filled by eastern European pilots for whom these salaries (in their homeland) are enormous. But then cheap Eastern European labor has always suppressed wages in the more affluent EU countries (see UK and Brexit for details - haulage, construction etc…) so this is nothing new.

It’s just a sh***y industry, really.
NJE does not employ "cheap pilots" from "Eastern Europe". But I do agree that aviation has become a shi*tty industry, luckily we still have some nice conditions at NJE. Money is not everything in life. You also need time off work to spend your money and to see your families and friends.

Klimax if you scroll up, look for another post of mine, I had explained the salary system in more detail. The salaries that are listed at PPJN (great that they are back!) are only starting salaries that will be corrected for inflation every single year, plus a significant performance bonus payment on top. We have Phenom captains exceeding 230,000 EUR a year.

Moonwalker
7th Jun 2022, 16:00
NJE does not employ "cheap pilots" from "Eastern Europe". But I do agree that aviation has become a shi*tty industry, luckily we still have some nice conditions at NJE. Money is not everything in life. You also need time off work to spend your money and to see your families and friends.

Klimax if you scroll up, look for another post of mine, I had explained the salary system in more detail. The salaries that are listed at PPJN (great that they are back!) are only starting salaries that will be corrected for inflation every single year, plus a significant performance bonus payment on top. We have Phenom captains exceeding 230,000 EUR a year.

To be fair, who cares about Captain salaries in NJ apart from the ones that are Captains in NJ or just some years away from the seat. For all others joining now it's 10-15 years away and who knows how this industry looks like in 15 years time. Just look how much have changed during the last 15 years.

zuluzuluzulu
7th Jun 2022, 17:30

No I wasn’t saying NetJets did, they seem to be the last of the decent employers for both salary and conditions. But others do. And then you have the likes of Vistajet dragging salaries down, it’s quite amazing how their basic salary structure hasn’t changed since ever. How desperate do you have to be to accept an FO salary there, it’s insulting!

EatMyShorts!
7th Jun 2022, 19:00
Well, it may not be 10 to 15 years for our new hires to become captains. The last 12 years have been largely a stagnating time, but we are now providing all of our senior F/Os a chance to have a go for their upgrade examinations. Also, the F/O salary of 58,500 EUR pa is just a base salary. You can easily add 15,000 to 40,000 EUR as bonus, if we continue to be busy as we are now.

michal_epkk
10th Jun 2022, 11:46
Hello! Does anyone know whether the recruitment process will be open again anytime soon?

Cloud Bunny
10th Jun 2022, 14:05
Well, it may not be 10 to 15 years for our new hires to become captains. The last 12 years have been largely a stagnating time, but we are now providing all of our senior F/Os a chance to have a go for their upgrade examinations. Also, the F/O salary of 58,500 EUR pa is just a base salary. You can easily add 15,000 to 40,000 EUR as bonus, if we continue to be busy as we are now.

Out of interest what would a year one F/O (UK based) be taking home each month on average with basic pay and the additional supplements of flight pay etc? Would be extremely grateful for any guidance - much appreciated.
Cheers
CB

GenericNickname
10th Jun 2022, 14:34
Good morning all,

A quick question to those guys n' gals currently working for the company. Do you know if NETJETS offer any dispensation re: hours to ex-mil pilots? I'm an FJ mate and trying to plan for the future.

I'm about to finish up getting my Frozen ATPL and start looking to transition out of the Mil. Any advice you could offer would be massively appreciated! Happy to chat over PM if that's easier (If my account allows it).

Cheers,
GN

Globally Challenged
10th Jun 2022, 20:01
Out of interest what would a year one F/O (UK based) be taking home each month on average with basic pay and the additional supplements of flight pay etc? Would be extremely grateful for any guidance - much appreciated.
Cheers
CB
I’m fairly sure this has been covered further up this thread (possibly more than once)

Azaiba
11th Jun 2022, 08:38
Good morning all,

A quick question to those guys n' gals currently working for the company. Do you know if NETJETS offer any dispensation re: hours to ex-mil pilots? I'm an FJ mate and trying to plan for the future.

I'm about to finish up getting my Frozen ATPL and start looking to transition out of the Mil. Any advice you could offer would be massively appreciated! Happy to chat over PM if that's easier (If my account allows it).

Cheers,
GN
FO Hiring FOs from 13 Sept 2021 - EASA CPL (A) licence with ATPL credit - Valid EU passport - MCC (or valid MP type rating) - Good oral and written command of English language (min. ICAO-Language Proficiency Level 4) - EASA Class 1 Medical - Minimum 1500 hours total flight time - Minimum 500 hours multi-crew with multi-engine flight time; (Single Seat Military Pilots are exempt from the 500 hour MP/ME requirement) - Current and clear Criminal Record for the last 5 years (not older than three months. Every entry in the criminal record needs to be evaluated and approved by NJE) - Up-to-date Logbook

Flyer_123
13th Aug 2022, 14:51
Posted today on NJE and Kura LinkedIn...August 16 is the start of new round of pilot recruitment....

Good luck to all!

airbuske
26th May 2023, 10:33
Hi,

- With the salary numbers mentioned above, those where from a couple of years ago. Is it true that they are adjusted for inflation?
- for the present selection, does someone know what kind of simulator they use? 737, private jet,.. what is the profile they expect you to fly?
thanks in advance,
A

TheAirMission
26th May 2023, 11:05
Hi,

- With the salary numbers mentioned above, those where from a couple of years ago. Is it true that they are adjusted for inflation?
- for the present selection, does someone know what kind of simulator they use? 737, private jet,.. what is the profile they expect you to fly?
thanks in advance,
A
Correct, those who have been the company for the last year would've had a 10.21% rise in basic. Because the latest round of recruitment identifies a 2 year rise basic to 80K implies that anyone know joins will have their inflation-corrected basic pay backdated to 2018. But you'll still come in the first year at 58.5. I grossed around 120K with added days etc in year 1.

Sims were using a Hawker 800, might've changed to a different jet. Certainly wont be a boeing or airbus. raw data, take off/landing, non-normal notec skills for an event. They used to pair you with a NJ captain, to assist and be your 'first officer' - not sure if thats still the case. No tricks in the sim. You'd be briefed on the basics of flying that type prior to the sim.

jmvdb22
26th May 2023, 14:42
Correct, those who have been the company for the last year would've had a 10.21% rise in basic. Because the latest round of recruitment identifies a 2 year rise basic to 80K implies that anyone know joins will have their inflation-corrected basic pay backdated to 2018. But you'll still come in the first year at 58.5. I grossed around 120K with added days etc in year 1.

Sims were using a Hawker 800, might've changed to a different jet. Certainly wont be a boeing or airbus. raw data, take off/landing, non-normal notec skills for an event. They used to pair you with a NJ captain, to assist and be your 'first officer' - not sure if thats still the case. No tricks in the sim. You'd be briefed on the basics of flying that type prior to the sim.

Good information! Thanks for that!
Any idea on how much extra work you did to get to that number? Just so we have an indication on how the 'overtime' stuff is calculated.
Thanks!

Jwz.flying
1st Jun 2023, 21:35
Hi guys, do anyone know what sim was used the last assessment?

Globally Challenged
2nd Jun 2023, 12:27
Hi guys, do anyone know what sim was used the last assessment?

It’s likely to be whichever one is available on the day. The instructors will likely not be rated on whatever it is so you won’t be able to impress them with your knowledge of limitations / memory items etc.

It’s a relatively low key event so don’t sweat it.

cheekychappy
29th Jul 2023, 11:14
Hello all,

Does anyone know when Kura/NJs will be next hiring? I seem to remember something about September and from LinkedIn it was Mid August last year so maybe same this year….

there should be a lot of aircraft arriving Phenoms and Praetor’s so hopefully a need for lots of Pilots.

just curious if there has been any chatter

redsnail
29th Jul 2023, 13:49
Good question.
Note - so far we're not down to get the Praetors yet. That's for NJA.
More of us are going part time and the retirements are happening so there should be something happening, just no idea when.
There's a few upgrade sessions going on so that's a good sign.

Just chatted to one of the pilots involved in recruitment. He said that there's no current plans to do any Kura type interviews in the near future, only those who have completed Stage 1&2 will be invited.

Globally Challenged
29th Jul 2023, 14:00
Hello all,

Does anyone know when Kura/NJs will be next hiring? I seem to remember something about September and from LinkedIn it was Mid August last year so maybe same this year….

there should be a lot of aircraft arriving Phenoms and Praetor’s so hopefully a need for lots of Pilots.

just curious if there has been any chatter

As long as you are following Kura and NJE on LinkedIn then you shouldn't miss the next window. It only seems to open for 1 week at a time so get on it quick next time it opens.

cheekychappy
7th Aug 2023, 07:58
I saw that PPJN has updated with a post saying they have the FOs for summer 24, any truth in this? Clearly I’ll keep and an eye for LinkedIn etc but alot is heard in the cabin FM ;)

angel.pilot
7th Aug 2023, 09:49
I saw that PPJN has updated with a post saying they have the FOs for summer 24, any truth in this? Clearly I’ll keep and an eye for LinkedIn etc but alot is heard in the cabin FM ;)

All the successful candidates on this last recruitment will be offered positions starting from January ‘24, just in time to be ready for the summer. So I believe it might be true..

Globally Challenged
7th Aug 2023, 15:14
I heard we are now switching to building a pool

Zlip
8th Aug 2023, 09:38
During the stage 3 we were told starting dates from September 2023. Then when we got the positive call the starting date will be from January 2024. I can't remember the word "pool" but it seems the economic and the sim availabilities are the main reason for this change.

ohitsro
15th Aug 2023, 12:31
At stage 3 they said that from now on they will pull from the Kura pool of successful candidates. So if you applied and got invited to do stage one, you are in. As I understand, they will not open up the process to people not part of this group any time soon.

Thioda
21st Aug 2023, 21:19
Deliveries of new aircraft are slowing down. Still a steady stream of pilots expected to retire but not enough to keep the crazy growth from the last two years.
On my fleet we even seem a bit overcrewed at times.

Sjef van Oekel
22nd Aug 2023, 08:13
Based on the slowdown in recruitment and the messages posted here, would this pilotjobsnetwork estimate still be accurate?
"Time to command reduced as market expands, anywhere from 2+ years but realistically 4 years."

EatMyShorts!
22nd Aug 2023, 08:27
Based on the slowdown in recruitment and the messages posted here, would this pilotjobsnetwork estimate still be accurate?
"Time to command reduced as market expands, anywhere from 2+ years but realistically 4 years."
It might be correct, because we are expecting a lot of retirements within the next 5 years, or so. It seems the company is taking this into account already - at the moment we are already upgrading pilots who joined less than 4 years ago.

But as usual: nothing is steady in aviation. More important than a command, NetJets is a nice place to work at, in my opinion. Good and stable roster, nice colleagues, no FTL-tricks, no company ordered training or travelling on OFF-days, attractive bonus.

angel.pilot
6th Nov 2023, 18:11
Hi all! Anyone on here is employed already for a while having Manchester as gateway? Or also someone having friends or close colleagues based there? I should hopefully be starting soon and just got couple of questions regarding MAN gateway and would really appreciate if you’d drop me a PM.
Thanks in advance :)

TheAirMission
6th Nov 2023, 20:54
Hi all! Anyone on here is employed already for a while having Manchester as gateway? Or also someone having friends or close colleagues based there? I should hopefully be starting soon and just got couple of questions regarding MAN gateway and would really appreciate if you’d drop me a PM.
Thanks in advance :)

me! DM sent

Sjef van Oekel
7th Nov 2023, 05:29
Have there been any significant pay rises in the last few months at NJE or is pilotjobsnetwork reliable? Will recruitment open again soon?

TheAirMission
7th Nov 2023, 07:01
Have there been any significant pay rises in the last few months at NJE or is pilotjobsnetwork reliable? Will recruitment open again soon?
We had a 10.21% pay rise in January becuase of the OECD inflation. Not sure if that would apply to new members as the entry salary is 58.5 for the first two years (I made over 100K with all the flying pay for the first year) and then it rises to 66K inflation corrected, potentialy including the 10.21% year. Recruitment wise will likely re open later on, as there are huge retirements. But we have a few guys and girls waiting for a start date from this years assessments. With a new start date starting in January 24

EatMyShorts!
7th Nov 2023, 12:59
The new entry salaries have been corrected for inflation this year and we are talking about 64k for the first two years and 82k (or so) in the third year. Add a few tens of thousands of EUR in productivity boni on top of this. In a normal working year, an F/O can easily double his salary this way. But: the main reason to come and work here is, because you enjoy the job and its dynamic nature. Otherwise all the money in the world will not make you happy.

Moonwalker
7th Nov 2023, 17:39
The new entry salaries have been corrected for inflation this year and we are talking about 64k for the first two years and 82k (or so) in the third year. Add a few tens of thousands of EUR in productivity boni on top of this. In a normal working year, an F/O can easily double his salary this way. But: the main reason to come and work here is, because you enjoy the job and its dynamic nature. Otherwise all the money in the world will not make you happy.

Can you start with a 80% part time contract from day one?

TheAirMission
7th Nov 2023, 18:08
Can you start with a 80% part time contract from day one?
No I do not believe that is possible. it is a yearly thing.

EatMyShorts!
7th Nov 2023, 21:33
No, you cannot. I think you can APPLY for FlexWork/part time after the first year in the company.

TheAirMission
8th Nov 2023, 07:28
One could argue, that on a 6/5 roster from year 1 it is practically a part time roster compared to other gigs

EatMyShorts!
8th Nov 2023, 12:32
One could argue, that on a 6/5 roster from year 1 it is practically a part time roster compared to other gigs
No, I would not say that. We usually work a lot on our tour days if someone has got a side business or needs/wants more time for his family or hobbies, why not? That's exactly what part time is for. At some point I also want to take advantage of the 7 months ON/5 months OFF roster.

TheAirMission
8th Nov 2023, 18:52
No, I would not say that. We usually work a lot on our tour days if someone has got a side business or needs/wants more time for his family or hobbies, why not? That's exactly what part time is for. At some point I also want to take advantage of the 7 months ON/5 months OFF roster.
Apologies, I was comparing it compared to the airline rosters of the likes of easyjet and BA, where its rare to get 5 days off, (not possible at easyJet) on full time patterns. So what I mean is to go onto a 6/5 is pretty relaxed. Also, how ever hard we work on our duty days doesnt change regardless of being part time or not. Its the number of days after to rest! But I agree, I am glad to be in a company that offers actual PT options too.

EatMyShorts!
8th Nov 2023, 21:20
I can assure you that at least I need my 5 days off between tours to keep my sanity. Sometimes I only get 4 days off, because I voluntarily work more (to make some extra cash) and I can feel it. 4 legs in our business jets are more draining than 4 legs on an airline where everything is prepared and ready. Of course, I do agree that 5 off days are great and are hard to find with the average airline and that's why hardly anyone leaves Netjets.

Zlip
12th Nov 2023, 09:20
Hi everyone ! If someone is working from GVA as a gateway, can you drop me a PM? I have few questions. Thanks! :-)

Funtastic
5th Dec 2023, 08:44
Good morning esteemed aviators,

1. Are there any advancements in the ongoing recruitment process, with new hires being called from the existing pool? Is the pool drained already? Additionally, is there a forthcoming recruitment process, or does the situation remain relatively unchanged?

2. Of particular curiosity, has there been any instance where European NJ pilots and/or CS-Jets have been deployed to the US to assist with their shortage? Is this a viable option under current legislation?
Given the reported challenges faced by the US NJ in retaining talent and attracting new hires, as per NJASP news, could a temporary exchange of crews serve as a potential solution?

Boabity
6th Dec 2023, 00:13
Here's what I understand, it is by no means certain as with all things.
Precisely what the situation is with the pool I don't know but from what I understand I would expect more recruitment to happen again for this year. If not, just to stand still we will need to recruit annually. Keep an eye on the Kura Linked In page for updates.

European reg aircraft do go to the US to help out with their peak times, as with all aircraft and cabotage rules they can only help out with international flights. The pilots on these aircraft have to hold and EASA licence and work for NJE.
I think this has been a fairly long running thing and I don't believe it has anything to do with retention issues over there, I don't know what the situation is and hope that our colleagues in the US get a favourable deal from negotiations.
It would be unusual for someone to have a green card and the right to live and work in the EU/UK (plus both licences) and I think there may be a couple of colleagues who have worked in both but I can't say for sure. Flip flopping between the two would be really hard I imagine if not close to impossible. That said if you can work in the US and have an FAA licence NJ inc are hiring!

Duca
28th Dec 2023, 21:25
Not sure if that would apply to new members as the entry salary is 58.5 for the first two years (I made over 100K with all the flying pay for the first year) and then it rises to 66K inflation corrected, potentialy including the 10.21% year. Are those gross or net figures?

EatMyShorts!
28th Dec 2023, 22:29
Are those gross or net figures?
Gross. Depending on what country you live in,you will only have 25% Portuguese non-resident income tax deducted, plus social security in your country of residence.

Duca
29th Dec 2023, 15:56
Gross. Depending on what country you live in,you will only have 25% Portuguese non-resident income tax deducted, plus social security in your country of residence. Why there’s tax deduction in Portugual? And social security will be paid from the residual amount or based on the total amount (pre taxed amount)?

EatMyShorts!
29th Dec 2023, 21:28
Why there’s tax deduction in Portugual? And social security will be paid from the residual amount or based on the total amount (pre taxed amount)?
Because that is the way it works: we get our money from Portugal and as non-residents a flat tax of 25% is applied. In some EU-countries you'll have to pay the difference between your national income tax, in some countries you do not.

Social security is based on the total gross salary, of course. In my country of residence there is a cap on how much we have to pay for social security - I guess this is true in many other countries as well.

dirk85
30th Dec 2023, 12:05
I have a few friends employed by portuguese companies (not NJ), resident in other countries, and some of them request to be credited their salary with no tax deductions at all (they fill a form called 21-rfi) and then pay full taxes in their country of residence.
Some prefere to have the 25% deduction and pay the difference at home.

Boabity
30th Dec 2023, 14:43
That's good information - it may be that if you're a contractor it works - not so clear on if you're a salaried employee. That said it's worth folks with that problem looking at it.

dirk85
30th Dec 2023, 16:40
That's good information - it may be that if you're a contractor it works - not so clear on if you're a salaried employee. That said it's worth folks with that problem looking at it.

The people i know are all salaried employee.

Duca
30th Dec 2023, 19:05
Does anyone have experience with taxation being based in Italy? From what I read taxation would be 25% Portuguese deduction and social security to be paid in Italy regarding this industry. Can anyone confirm?

EatMyShorts!
30th Dec 2023, 19:37
I have a few friends employed by portuguese companies (not NJ), resident in other countries, and some of them request to be credited their salary with no tax deductions at all (they fill a form called 21-rfi) and then pay full taxes in their country of residence.
Some prefere to have the 25% deduction and pay the difference at home.
Sounds like HiFly and EuroAtlantic, ACMI services.
To be clear: in Netjets we do NOT have this option, we HAVE TO pay the 25% non-resident tax and then deal with local tax. In Germany, for example, there is no further income tax required - only social security. If you are on a high salary, it is a good deal. If you are married with several children and a medium salary, it may not be the best deal in Germany.

dirk85
31st Dec 2023, 09:44
Sounds like HiFly and EuroAtlantic, ACMI services.
To be clear: in Netjets we do NOT have this option, we HAVE TO pay the 25% non-resident tax and then deal with local tax. In Germany, for example, there is no further income tax required - only social security. If you are on a high salary, it is a good deal. If you are married with several children and a medium salary, it may not be the best deal in Germany.

It’s not Netjets to give you that option, it’s the Portuguese tax authority, and the company has to comply. You can also get the money back when filling your taxes in Portugal, without involving the company.
And no, it’s none of those companies.

PS: I heard the Germans are changing their laws and might start taxing in germany the income generated abroad in the state of the operator, if resident in germany, is that true?

EatMyShorts!
31st Dec 2023, 19:36
PS: I heard the Germans are changing their laws and might start taxing in Germany the income generated abroad in the state of the operator, if resident in Germany, is that true?
I have not heard about this, no. Basically they are doing it already (see the Ryanair cases),but only if there is a treaty between Germany and the State of the operator. We already pay our social security in Germany, which is a big chunk of money, compared to the UK.

sampi
4th Jan 2024, 16:49
I can confirm, my best friend is also a salaried employee...

avhuman
8th Jan 2024, 17:42
Hi guys,

looks like Kura could be opening up applications again according to their website.
Any idea on what software one could use to help for the online portion of the tests??

thanks

Boabity
8th Jan 2024, 21:53
https://www.pilotest.com/en/selectio...ts-preparation (https://www.pilotest.com/en/selections/CUT-E-pilot-aptitude-tests-preparation)
The process may have changed, I genuinely don't know.

Klimax
9th Jan 2024, 12:03
Hi guys,

looks like Kura could be opening up applications again according to their website.
Any idea on what software one could use to help for the online portion of the tests??

thanks

Seems the recruitment process is open until 16th January 2024 midnight. Good luck youngsters! Go for it!

https://kuraairlineresourcing.co.uk/netjets/

spiffolo
9th Jan 2024, 12:58
Seems the recruitment process is open until 16th January 2024 midnight. Good luck youngsters! Go for it!

https://kuraairlineresourcing.co.uk/netjets/

1500h of 500 multicrew and 1.88m max? There goes my shot this year to apply:sad:

I can understand why, but last year it wasn't as high of a bar to apply......guess i will have to wait 2025

TheAirMission
9th Jan 2024, 14:01
1500h of 500 multicrew and 1.88m max? There goes my shot this year to apply:sad:

I can understand why, but last year it wasn't as high of a bar to apply......guess i will have to wait 2025

Its not a high requirement really, it is aimed at experienced crews, not those who have just started out

spiffolo
9th Jan 2024, 14:05
Its not a high requirement really, it is aimed at experienced crews, not those who have just started out

for sure, but thats what im pointing out, last year requirements were more on the "Just started out" level, and were gonna allegedly be the same in September for the second run(that never happened)

Guess they notice the need of Experienced pilots rather than low level ones:)

CJMK
9th Jan 2024, 15:42
Any insider knows how important those 500 h multicrew are?
I almost have 2000h on single and multi engine turboprops but all of them as a single pilot.

​​​​I'll apply and see what happens.

RGRDS

EatMyShorts!
9th Jan 2024, 16:41
500h MCC is pretty much a standard minimum requirement in the airlines, isn't it? 1500h is not a lot, I think. 1,88m maximum height is probably set now so we can put everyone on the Phenom 300, if required.

Captain Kaboom
9th Jan 2024, 17:12
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/317x400/the_smurfs_41013afc8371ce3d54ab7782a8bfcce82748aaa9.jpg
So, this is the type of pilot they are looking for?

dirk85
9th Jan 2024, 17:18
500h MCC is pretty much a standard minimum requirement in the airlines, isn't it? 1500h is not a lot, I think. 1,88m maximum height is probably set now so we can put everyone on the Phenom 300, if required.

Is the Phenom 300 that much smaller in the cockpit than an XLS? It was a lifetime ago but I remember people way taller than me having no issues flying it and I am 1,90+…
Same for CJs.

CJMK
9th Jan 2024, 18:29

Yes, pretty normal requirement.
​​But sometimes people coming from parachute, cartography, aerial patrol, flight instructors, etc.. Its quite difficult to achieve it and make the move into the CAT sector, even with thousands of hours but all of them as SP

EatMyShorts!
9th Jan 2024, 21:37
Is the Phenom 300 that much smaller in the cockpit than an XLS? It was a lifetime ago but I remember people way taller than me having no issues flying it and I am 1,90+…
Same for CJs.
I am not flying the Phenom myself, but my colleagues on that fleet tell that in fact the critical thing is the length of your femur (upper leg bone), or to be more precise the length measure from your knee to your hip, when sitting. If it exceeds a certain value, you might impede with the free movement of the bicycle like yoke. We have had cases of people going for their initials, but then being denied their type rating examination, because the examiner ruled them too tall (femur too long) for a safe operation.
On the XLS you definitely have more space on the flightdeck, even with longer legs, because the cockpit is a bit longer.

EatMyShorts!
9th Jan 2024, 21:39
Yes, pretty normal requirement.
​​But sometimes people coming from parachute, cartography, aerial patrol, flight instructors, etc.. Its quite difficult to achieve it and make the move into the CAT sector, even with thousands of hours but all of them as SP
I know it may be a bit annoying, but they will have to go through some other companies to build their MPA hours.

Boabity
9th Jan 2024, 22:34
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/317x400/the_smurfs_41013afc8371ce3d54ab7782a8bfcce82748aaa9.jpg
So, this is the type of pilot they are looking for?

where did you get my crew ID picture? 😂

dirk85
10th Jan 2024, 11:17
I am not flying the Phenom myself, but my colleagues on that fleet tell that in fact the critical thing is the length of your femur (upper leg bone), or to be more precise the length measure from your knee to your hip, when sitting. If it exceeds a certain value, you might impede with the free movement of the bicycle like yoke. We have had cases of people going for their initials, but then being denied their type rating examination, because the examiner ruled them too tall (femur too long) for a safe operation.
On the XLS you definitely have more space on the flightdeck, even with longer legs, because the cockpit is a bit longer.

Very interesting. I remember having similar issues on Senecas back in the days, but as you said I was more than fine in Excel/XLSs.
Were those guys that failed the examination sent on another fleet? Funny they had to wait till the checkride to realize there was an issue

EatMyShorts!
10th Jan 2024, 12:28
Very interesting. I remember having similar issues on Senecas back in the days, but as you said I was more than fine in Excel/XLSs.
Were those guys that failed the examination sent on another fleet? Funny they had to wait till the checkride to realize there was an issue
I do not have too many details about these cases, I just know it happened. Probably the examiner did not take part of their initial training? Well, it has happened and this MIGHT be the reason for the new height restrictions.

Klimax
10th Jan 2024, 13:07

Is that limitation for the Phenom pax as well? :oh:

Christophe Geneste
10th Jan 2024, 14:42
Good morning
Do you have details of the recruitment process? I heard about CUT-E. Do you know if you need to prepare all the exercises found on PILOTEST?
Thanks in advance

EatMyShorts!
10th Jan 2024, 19:29
Is that limitation for the Phenom pax as well? :oh:
Once you sit in your seat, it is fine :E

CJMK
17th Jan 2024, 13:58
I've seen in kura website that N. B military pilots are exempt of the 500h multi pilot requirement.

​​​​Anyone knows what N. B means?
I can assume that a fighter pilot obviously flies as single pilot, but is the first time I read something like N. B military pilot.

Regards

avhuman
17th Jan 2024, 14:17
I see they have extended the open date for applications until the 19th. Any idea why this would be? Not enough applicants??

also how soon after closing date could one expect to hear from KURA regarding stage 2 ??

thanks in advance guys

G-GOLF
17th Jan 2024, 17:45
NB. Is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase Nota bene, meaning ‘note well’.
The NB annotation is used to highlight an important point, more often used in academic and legal papers.

CJMK
17th Jan 2024, 20:30
NB. Is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase Nota bene, meaning ‘note well’.
The NB annotation is used to highlight an important point, more often used in academic and legal papers.

Thanks for the explanation.

All clear now.

Regards

EatMyShorts!
17th Jan 2024, 20:54
I see they have extended the open date for applications until the 19th. Any idea why this would be? Not enough applicants??
Possibly, since legacy airlines are also looking for pilots with a more boring job, but a better package (salary, pension, ID travel etc.).

Duca
17th Jan 2024, 23:30
Possibly, since legacy airlines are also looking for pilots with a more boring job, but a better package (salary, pension, ID travel etc.).
How many companies allow you to earn 12/14K net? ( I know it depends from country to country)

EatMyShorts!
18th Jan 2024, 08:31
How many companies allow you to earn 12/14K net? ( I know it depends from country to country)
Once you are a captain, the well known legacy carriers do. Lufthansa, BA, Air Chance etc. Of course, and this may be the interesting part: you may spend a lot of years on the right seat, while you can expect a rather quick upgrade in biz aviation - knock on wood! Let's hope that the current situation for biz aviation will stay on for a while, or even improve.

Duca
18th Jan 2024, 08:43
Once you are a captain, the well known legacy carriers do. Lufthansa, BA, Air Chance etc. Of course, and this may be the interesting part: you may spend a lot of years on the right seat, while you can expect a rather quick upgrade in biz aviation - knock on wood! Let's hope that the current situation for biz aviation will stay on for a while, or even improve. that is my point. It will take forever to become cpt in a legacy.

Boabity
18th Jan 2024, 09:14
that is my point. It will take forever to become cpt in a legacy.
Dunno about that, they also have a large gap when they stopped recruiting about 15 years ago and will have a pile of retirements in the next 10 years.

EatMyShorts!
18th Jan 2024, 10:55
Correct, at the moment upgrades happen much quicker than before - if the market stays this positive. But even at Lufthansa you will wait your 10+ (rather 15 to 20) years before you will get a chance for the left seat. On the smaller spinoffs (Eurowings, Discover etc) it is going to be quicker.

At least the money and benefits will be much better at legacy carriers while you are a first officer and you won't have to be in a hurry to save money for your pension.

No Bonus 4U
19th Jan 2024, 14:46
NetJets seems to have extended the deadline till today for applications. Any idea why this happened? Did it happen before?

NGjockey
21st Jan 2024, 09:56
I received an invitation from KURA to do the first online interview with them. There wasn't much information in that email as to what the interview is about other than that I'd need to reply to two questions and complete one task.
Can anyone please enlighten me on what this is all about in a little more detail? Are those two questions about my motivation, personality etc. or is it technical stuff? And what is the task to be completed? Is it some kind of test or quizz?
How would you prepare for this interview?
All helpful replies are greatly appreciated!

TheAirMission
21st Jan 2024, 10:57
I received an invitation from KURA to do the first online interview with them. There wasn't much information in that email as to what the interview is about other than that I'd need to reply to two questions and complete one task.
Can anyone please enlighten me on what this is all about in a little more detail? Are those two questions about my motivation, personality etc. or is it technical stuff? And what is the task to be completed? Is it some kind of test or quizz?
How would you prepare for this interview?
All helpful replies are greatly appreciated!
There is nothing technical in the video interview that you are referring to, its just motivational questions and the task is scenario-based. I won't delve into what it is specifically, but nothing that isnt asked in an interview..

Globally Challenged
21st Jan 2024, 14:43
NetJets seems to have extended the deadline till today for applications. Any idea why this happened? Did it happen before?
Yes it has happened before.

Kamizaa
23rd Jan 2024, 07:01
I got the same email. Did you got do it? what was it all about?

NGjockey
26th Jan 2024, 17:32
I might have overlooked it here (it's a really long thread!), but I'm missing some important information regarding social security etc.:
If I understood this correctly, NJE pilots have to pay a 25% tax on their salary in Portugal. The amount after that deduction might have to be taxed again (at least for the difference to that 25% which has been taxed in Portugal) in the country of residence of the individual pilot.
What about health insurance and retirement fund payments (=social security)? Does NJE offer a health insurance which is also valid during the off days when at home? Does the company have a plan for retirement fund payments?
Social security is a big chunk which in some countries takes away even more from a gross salary than the regular taxes do, depending on which country one lives in. When I read here that some first year F/Os have grossed over a 100000€ I'd be tempted to ask what the NET amount was after deduction of the country of residence's tax, social security payment and possibly additional health insurance?

Watchoutbelow888
26th Jan 2024, 17:49
I do not have too many details about these cases, I just know it happened. Probably the examiner did not take part of their initial training? Well, it has happened and this MIGHT be the reason for the new height restrictions.

This is actually quite concerning, so you leave your current airline job go to do the type rating with the Phenom 300 and you’re failed before you start.

so does the company fire you? Or do they put you on another fleet?

It’s important to know as imagine you get fired and now you’re unemployed. It becomes a big risk.

That could be very messy very quick.

redsnail
26th Jan 2024, 17:49
I'll answer a few of those questions. I live in the UK so my financial set up is relatively simple - for now. (I pay tax and social securty in the UK, not Portugal).
Health insurance is BUPA. It's available 24/7/365 for you and qualifying family members.
There is a pension scheme. It's very straight forward in the UK but the continental one seems to be a lot more complicated tax efficiency/punishment wise.
Instead of a percentage of your pay and you topping it up. You get a 60% match up to your input of €13K. You are able to pay in more.
UK permits the payments to come out of gross salary (hence tax efficient).

The questions about FOs pay etc is very individual and is dependent on many variables such as flight demand and what option the individual has taken.

Kanukku
26th Jan 2024, 20:23
Hi guys,

Regarding this latest recruitment from Kura, did you receive an email acknowledgement that your application was submitted?

I’d also be curious to hear more or less how long it took to receive a positive/negative reply regarding the next step - which I believe is an online selection stage, from what I’ve read here.

I’m trying to plan on how I can make the Feb/Mar in-person selection, if I get that far.

Thank you for the insight, I appreciate the solidarity in what seems like a competitive assessment for a great employer!

Globally Challenged
27th Jan 2024, 04:50
This is actually quite concerning, so you leave your current airline job go to do the type rating with the Phenom 300 and you’re failed before you start.

so does the company fire you? Or do they put you on another fleet?

It’s important to know as imagine you get fired and now you’re unemployed. It becomes a big risk.

That could be very messy very quick.

They just put you on another fleet

Brejojr
31st Jan 2024, 14:03
I had the same today? any feedback you can give?
thanks in advance.

Brejojr
31st Jan 2024, 16:58
Hi guys,
Received today a email from Kura asking me to complete a one-way video interview, any feedback from this one? what should I expect?
I know that this question was made before, just trying my luck :)
Thanks in advance.

Parkbremse
2nd Feb 2024, 10:04
I might have overlooked it here (it's a really long thread!), but I'm missing some important information regarding social security etc.:
If I understood this correctly, NJE pilots have to pay a 25% tax on their salary in Portugal. The amount after that deduction might have to be taxed again (at least for the difference to that 25% which has been taxed in Portugal) in the country of residence of the individual pilot.
What about health insurance and retirement fund payments (=social security)? Does NJE offer a health insurance which is also valid during the off days when at home? Does the company have a plan for retirement fund payments?
Social security is a big chunk which in some countries takes away even more from a gross salary than the regular taxes do, depending on which country one lives in. When I read here that some first year F/Os have grossed over a 100000€ I'd be tempted to ask what the NET amount was after deduction of the country of residence's tax, social security payment and possibly additional health insurance?

Your choice of permanent gateway will determine where you pay social security. The countries ss rules determine what you get out of it, e.g. public health insurance, state pension, unemployment insurance etc, as you will have the same status that any employee living in that country has.

On top you will have BUPA, international (without USA, only emergency) private health insurance for yourself and family members that's accessible 24/7/365. The company offers a pension plan and will match contributions to a certain level if you choose to partake in the scheme.

Regarding net salary, that setup results in some more or less favorable countries depending where you are in the salary bracket.

Germany for example has relatively high deductions for an FO just starting out as the annual gross is just at the social security cutoff point, so you pay 25% PT tax + 20%ss which is more than a regular german employee would pay at the same salary. However after one full year together with the productivity reward that will change in your favor as now the 25% PT Tax is less than the german tax, germany doesn't double tax and social security is capped at the max absolute contribution. You now have more net than a normal german employee at the same salary.

So as you see there are no blanket statements regarding net pay, you need to do your homework to work out how all of this plays out where you want to live. As a tip, google for a tax calculator for the country you are interested in, put in the gross salary but only look for the social security bit in result. Then, take the NJ gross, deduct 25%, deduct the social security figure from the calculator amd you should have a pretty good ballpark figure of the net pay in that country.

Topperharley61
2nd Feb 2024, 21:45
Hi guys,

Regarding this latest recruitment from Kura, did you receive an email acknowledgement that your application was submitted?

I’d also be curious to hear more or less how long it took to receive a positive/negative reply regarding the next step - which I believe is an online selection stage, from what I’ve read here.

I’m trying to plan on how I can make the Feb/Mar in-person selection, if I get that far.

Thank you for the insight, I appreciate the solidarity in what seems like a competitive assessment for a great employer!
hey Man, how are you? Did you receive any news ? I submitted my application on the 15th and haven’t heard anything other than Kuras webpage on which it says I’ve submitted the application, that’s all. Thanks man. And good luck in advance.

Topperharley61
2nd Feb 2024, 21:51
Hi guys, thanks for the good information posted on the forum. I was just wondering how long did netjet Europe took to answer to those who have recieved the video interview or presentation from Kura as mentioned on the threads here. I’m a turboprop experienced guy on the Atr. , two otter etc, Anyone who got the answer or joined the company in the past had same sort or experience or having jet time is the trick even if they don’t mention it on min requirements ? Thank yeeeer all.

redsnail
3rd Feb 2024, 10:57
Brejojr The video section of the initial interview will be about specific NetJets questions. It's probably a fairly standard "tell us what you know about X company" (I think - I am not in recruitment). If you can, I would get someone to ask such questions to you so you can get more comfortable articulating your thoughts. This is pretty standard stuff for any interview.

Topperharley61 As you can imagine, Kura are pretty busy sifting through all the applications. I didn't have any jet time before joining. Multi pilot is essential though. Ideally an ATPL too. Stage 3 interviews are planned for Feb and March.

Topperharley61
3rd Feb 2024, 20:26
Brejojr The video section of the initial interview will be about specific NetJets questions. It's probably a fairly standard "tell us what you know about X company" (I think - I am not in recruitment). If you can, I would get someone to ask such questions to you so you can get more comfortable articulating your thoughts. This is pretty standard stuff for any interview.

Topperharley61 As you can imagine, Kura are pretty busy sifting through all the applications. I didn't have any jet time before joining. Multi pilot is essential though. Ideally an ATPL too. Stage 3 interviews are planned for Feb and March.

thanks a ton man, I’ll keep a look out on my mail. I’m a multi pilot airplane driver as a captain on the atr fleet , so I really hope we get to hear something.

Flyer2611
4th Feb 2024, 18:18
Anyone who can give any advice of how the interview / group exercise works? What type of questions they ask during the interview, I can understand a lot of operational theory questions?
Thanks!

redsnail
5th Feb 2024, 10:48
The interview and group exercises are pretty industry standard stuff. If you've done them before for an airline interview, then you should be reasonably familiar with the process. However, as you hopefully would have figured out, NetJets isn't an A to B airline. So I would think about the differences between the airlines and us. Safety is naturally our highest priority, but that's a given really. What do you think is important?
I do apologise for being vague, the recruiters want to see/hear your answers, not mine. ;)

Kanukku
7th Feb 2024, 21:51
hey Man, how are you? Did you receive any news ? I submitted my application on the 15th and haven’t heard anything other than Kuras webpage on which it says I’ve submitted the application, that’s all. Thanks man. And good luck in advance.I haven’t heard back yet, but I’m guessing they’re awfully busy sifting through a ton of applications, so patiently waiting for a green/red light.

On another note, I hear there are some online psychometric tests before the interview. Does anyone have advice on how we can best prepare for these, in order to demonstrate our top capacity with them?

Exciting times! Thank you

Globally Challenged
8th Feb 2024, 08:26
I haven’t heard back yet, but I’m guessing they’re awfully busy sifting through a ton of applications, so patiently waiting for a green/red light.

On another note, I hear there are some online psychometric tests before the interview. Does anyone have advice on how we can best prepare for these, in order to demonstrate our top capacity with them?

(edited to add the vital word “not” to my comment on psychometric tests 🤦‍♂️)

Pyschometrics are not designed to catch you out and preparing for them or second guessing what you think they want to see can usually be spotted. Just relax, grab a cup or tea / coffee and read the instructions carefully before beginning. Usually you need to provide your first reaction rather than deliberating for too long over the answers.

Generally we recruit motivated crews who are willing to adapt and learn and who are not put off by interacting with our owners. On a day to day basis, the actual flying is a small part of what we do. It’s managing all the services (potentially in airports that neither crew member has been to before). So your problem solving, workload management, teamwork etc that you want to demonstrate if you get to the face-to-face parts.

Topperharley61
10th Feb 2024, 19:43
I haven’t heard back yet, but I’m guessing they’re awfully busy sifting through a ton of applications, so patiently waiting for a green/red light.

same here. Haven’t heard much except for resubmission of some of the documents and don’t know what to make of it. Really looking forward to work for them. Seems like a great place to be. I wish you good luck and hope you get it.

peb
12th Feb 2024, 04:45
Any one for the 3 phase in Feb?

Send me PM

echoyankee680
12th Feb 2024, 11:09
Any one for the 3 phase in Feb?

Send me PM
i'll take part in stage 3

Topperharley61
15th Feb 2024, 12:28
i'll take part in stage 3

muy buenas,

you inbox seems full and can’t seem to get in touch with you, any alternative means of getting in touch. And huge congrats.

kitman
24th Feb 2024, 18:51
Anyone here who has been invited for stage 3 at 9th of March?

Send me a PM!

TheGlide
25th Feb 2024, 08:47
Hi Folks,

Would anyone who has some information on the last stage 3 please pm me with details.

Many thanks

🙏