PDA

View Full Version : Rating renewal on a EASA licence. Can it be transferred to U.K. licence ?

Paulm1949
31st Aug 2021, 10:26
Hi, if you had the rating already endorsed on both EASA & U.K. licences but only did an EASA LPC (before expiry) is there anyway to use this to also renew your rating on your U.K. licence, without doing a separate U.K. LPC ?

After all some people’s ratings were validated using their EASA licences onto their new U.K. licence anyway without the need for a separate test.

thanks

deltahotel
31st Aug 2021, 11:25
UK LPC I’m afraid!

rudestuff
31st Aug 2021, 13:20
Yes. If the EASA TRE hasn't renewed post Brexit, the CAA will still allow them to sign a UK licence as well. One test, two signatures.

Paulm1949
31st Aug 2021, 13:33
Thanks guys. I guess it also goes for the other way round.

deltahotel
31st Aug 2021, 13:38
True. However……if the TRE only holds EASA licence they would need to prenotify the CAA and get authorisation to conduct the UK LPC. I read this to be that the LPC had already been conducted, but if not yet done then yes as above. Perhaps OP can put a bit more info and then maybe a more accurate answer.

deltahotel
31st Aug 2021, 13:43
Flesh on the bones….

With my EASA TRE I can do LPC for all EASA licences providing I comply with the Examiner Differences Document. I can also do UK LPC providing I get pre auth from the UK CAA.

With my (hopefully soon to arrive) UK TRE I will only be able to do UK LPC, no notification required.

As rudestuff states, providing all the hoops are jumped through, one test, two signatures (also two lots of ppw for me!).

Hope this helps