PDA

View Full Version : Gill batteries.

BigEndBob
30th Aug 2021, 20:00
Gill LT series gel battery, , used daily in club aircraft, failed at 20 months.
Pulling 50 amps on a Tomahawk ammeter.
Anyone had any warranty success with Gill, 2 year warranty.

Big Pistons Forever
31st Aug 2021, 02:02
Gill LT series gel battery, , used daily in club aircraft, failed at 20 months.
Pulling 50 amps on a Tomahawk ammeter.
Anyone had any warranty success with Gill, 2 year warranty.

I have never heard anyone get more than 3 years out of a Gill batteries and personally will only buy Concord batteries. I recently replaced the Concord battery on my Grumman AA1B. It was seven years old and tested serviceable on the load test but at the very bottom of the range. Since I could get a new one wholesale I replaced it but could have probably got another year out of the of the old battery.

MrAverage
31st Aug 2021, 08:21
Ditto. Always Concord

BigEndBob
31st Aug 2021, 10:23
As always i should have gone with past experience and got a Concord. I had some old one's i used as back up. Already a year old from helicopters, they would charge ok and used them on a caravan, later to power tools and after 15 years only just died.
Bit different from car agm, i replaced a good 7 year old one on my daily drive car.

irish seaplane
1st Sep 2021, 21:31
Saywell International had some of the new Gill Sealed batteries and they failed before even leaving the warehouse. They will only recommend Concorde. The flooded Gill batteries are a disaster and the customer service is terrible if you try to pull them up on it. The folks in the non-certified world are much better served, the batteries they have are amazing.