PDA

View Full Version : U.K. parliamentary petition

WiddyGrin
21st Jul 2021, 23:13
A petition has been set up for U.K. parliament to discuss setting up a reciprocal agreement between the UK and EU with the transfer of UK CAA Flight Crew Licences to EASA member states to avoid applicants having to convert their licences by retaking all fourteen ATPL exams in an EASA state, a skills tests, an EASA ELP test and class 1 EASA medical. 10k signatures are required, there are only 6k so far, so let’s help those U.K. pilots double screwed by both Brexit and COVID to be in with a fighting chance of continuing their aviation careers. Can’t post the link here but just search for petition number 57813 on the U.K. parliament petition site.

EGGW
22nd Jul 2021, 05:52
Already there is agreement that 14 exams are no longer required, with various caveats. IAA, Malta, Austro control are with the programme as far as we can determine. Guidance has come from EASA. As for the recognition of former UK EASA licence holders, to be able to have an easy journey to another EASA CA licence, yes have signed the petition.

cycles gladiator
22nd Jul 2021, 08:03
Can you post link please

HundredPercentPlease
22nd Jul 2021, 09:12
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/578133

cycles gladiator
22nd Jul 2021, 13:54
Done. Thank you

mikemmb
22nd Jul 2021, 18:46
Done, but it takes 100k to get a debate so still plenty more support needed!

CW247
22nd Jul 2021, 19:17
Best thing you can do is share on groups with friends and families and ask them to help. Pilots alone aren't going to hit 10k

likair
23rd Jul 2021, 08:12
What about non British Citizens holding a UK issued Licence? Are they not considered?

likair
23rd Jul 2021, 08:14
EGGW

Are you sure? :confused:

Rat Catcher
23rd Jul 2021, 08:23
Done
Good luck:8

rogue leader
23rd Jul 2021, 09:01
I believe this just means a 3rd country (which UK is now classed as) ATPL holder who applies for an EASA ATPL can have their 14 EASA exams that are still within the 7 year validity period recognised for the theory requirement of the EASA ATPL issue.

rogue leader
23rd Jul 2021, 09:03
likair

This is about a process to enable UK licence holders to gain an EASA licence - nothing to do with citizenship 👍

likair
23rd Jul 2021, 09:57
Well, than I wish this petition was open for anyone with a UK issued licence and not only available for British Citizens and UK residents. Just wondering.:rolleyes:

rogue leader
23rd Jul 2021, 11:54
Unfortunately as it was a political decision to remove the UK CAA from EASA and not make sure there was an agreement in place for converting UK to EASA licences, we need to petition the UK Government to try and get it rectified, hence you need to be a UK citizen or resident. Having an FAA licence would not entitle me to use a US Government system to petition them if I wasn't a resident or citizen. UK licence holders who aren't UK citizens or residents could encourage those who are to petition, or petition in other ways, if they felt inclined.

likair
23rd Jul 2021, 12:49
I bet there's lots of Europeans (Non British) holding UK issued licences, who did not have the right to vote during the BREXIT referendum and are now faced with a useless licence.

They own a UK licence, therefore they have the right to petition, at the least.:rolleyes:

rogue leader
23rd Jul 2021, 22:50
likair

Of course they do, just not using a system specifically for UK citizens and residents, as discussed before.

rogue leader
23rd Jul 2021, 22:50
https://www.balpa.org/Media-Centre/Press-Releases/UK-PILOTS-URGE-GOVERNMENT-TO-END-DAMAGING-POST-BRE

CW247
24th Jul 2021, 05:44
Thanks, happened finally

AOGspanner
24th Jul 2021, 14:20
LIcensed engineers are in the same position. EASA licence holders can work in the UK on G reg. But CAA licensed engineers are not allowed to certify EU aircraft.
Adding engineers to the petition could help all

Medevac999
25th Jul 2021, 10:20
EGGW

Interesting to know, so which countries at the moment will grant me a ATPL on the back off my old EASA UK issued ATPL. I have signed.

rogue leader
25th Jul 2021, 12:59
"IAA, Malta, Austro control are with the programme as far as we can determine."

BONES_
25th Jul 2021, 13:05
EGGW;

My understanding is that it only applies to full ATPL holders. Most of CPL/IR holders (eg frozen ATPL) have got a much more complicated route to go through…. literally thrown under the (famous red) bus. Happy to be corrected of course!