PDA

View Full Version : Air 2000 going VIP ?

charterguy
21st Aug 2002, 20:58
Just received a fax mailshot from Air 2000 announcing that they are converting one of their 757s into a VIP aircraft with 92 first class seats.

The aircraft is to be offered in this config from November 2002 thru April 2003.

What a refreshing change to see someone going upmarket instead of 'low cost'. ;)

Just a shame it cannot fly across the pond.

lambchopboy
21st Aug 2002, 21:13
isn't this an annual occurance on behalf of TCS Expeditions' world tour?

763 jock
21st Aug 2002, 21:18
With only 92 seats it will probably do JFK/PHL. Managed MCO to MAN in a 757 a couple of times with 230 pax a few years back. What happened to Lord Tebbits airline that was heading down this road?

Fraudsquads
21st Aug 2002, 21:27
take a look at these pics for a view of the interior and see more info

It is for Round the world trips, there was a thread here some time back but I can't seem to find it in search.

If you search G-OOOG at airliners.net you should be able to see more of Air2bob and the round the world config

I can't imagine they would set up an a/c for scheduled services in this config.

FS

Capt PPRuNe
21st Aug 2002, 23:24
Every year Air 2000 convert several of their B757 a/c into all First Class config for their winter program on behalf of TCS for their 'Round the World' flights. This has been going on for many years now and is not even 'news'.

Wycombe
22nd Aug 2002, 07:39
Then recent "Holiday Airport" docu-soap on ITV, which featured Arrecife (ACE), showed the TCS 75' on a stop-over there during one of these RTW trips.

ACE was it's last stop and it departed from there direct to IAD (Washington Dulles) if I remember correct.

The pax seemed to be middle/old-aged Americans, as one would expect :)

BOTFOJ
22nd Aug 2002, 15:34
charterguy, if you're a broker hang your head,
they have been doing this for several years, its old news and as for 'just a shame it cant go across the pond' !!!

good luck to the boys, not a happy bunch at the moment