PDA

View Full Version : Flight EZY211 LTN-AMS turned back.

Kanos
21st Aug 2002, 18:55
I have just spoken to my sister who was on this flight last friday lunchtime. She said they were told there were "technical difficulties"

They were about 20 minutes into the flight when they turned around and landed back at Luton.

Would anyone be able to shed any light on what exactly happened?

Many thanks in advance.

lambchopboy
21st Aug 2002, 19:00
i don't know what the problem was on that particular flight, but it teaches a good lesson (especially if your sister lives in Coventry).

FLY FROM BHX!

:p ;)

Notso Fantastic
21st Aug 2002, 19:04
Shock horror! Flight returns and lands back at Main Base! Hundreds not killed or wounded!!Large scale damage doesn't happen! Wow! I'm hyperventilating! It's pressing all these exclamation marks!

Actually, anybody who has been flying a while will turn back to where the company engineering is located once in a while. Good professional drama free operating!

A300Man
21st Aug 2002, 19:41
No need for your overly dramatic replies. Kanos was only asking a simple question because he/she was interested in the answer. He/she didn't ask to be ridiculed like that.

Faulty warning light in cockpit is what LTN have just told me. Don't know the exact nature Kanos. Sorry can't be of more help.

Notso Fantastic
21st Aug 2002, 20:34
Yes, probably excessive use of irony. Too many minor incidents seem to hit the 'shock horror!' category, 'tell everybody about it!' phase immediately these days. It was only a request for information- I apologise!

lambchopboy
21st Aug 2002, 21:19
hardly dramatic. A300Man..a valid point in any case!!!

i'm sure i haven't offended Kanos....let's hope that MyTravelLite start an AMS service huh?

Kanos
22nd Aug 2002, 00:14
Thanks for the info guys.

near enuf is good enuf
22nd Aug 2002, 05:08
Edited to prevent further embarassment, will report further when brain engaged. ( Wrong event but will find correct info:rolleyes: )

Few Cloudy
22nd Aug 2002, 05:56
Huh?