PDA

View Full Version : Counter signing PICUS electronic logbooks...

roblawson91
7th Jul 2021, 09:18
Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but i couldn't work out where it was should go...

When people are using an electronic logbook, and claiming PICUS in multi crew operations, how are you getting the captain to counter sign it in the remarks column?

AMC1 FCL.050
(c) Format of the record:
(1) details of flights flown under commercial air transport may be recorded in an electronic format maintained by the operator. In this case an operator should make the records of all flights operated by the pilot, including differences and familiarisation training, available upon request to the flight crew member concerned;
(2) for other types of flights in aeroplanes, helicopters and powered-lift aircraft, the pilot should record the details of the flights flown in the following logbook format, which may be kept in electronic format. All data set out in (a) should be included.

(h) When an aircraft carries two or more pilots as members of the operating crew, one of them shall, before the flight commences, be designated by the operator as the aircraft PIC, according to operational requirements, who may delegate the conduct of the flight to another suitably qualified pilot. All flying carried out as PIC is entered in the logbook as ‘PIC’. A pilot flying as ‘PICUS’ or ‘SPIC’ enters flying time as ‘PIC’ but all such entries are to be certified by the PIC or FI in the ‘Remarks’ column of the logbook.

(b) Logging of time:
(1) PIC flight time:
(v) a co-pilot acting as PICUS on an aircraft on which more than one pilot is required under the type certification of the aircraft or as required by operational requirements provided that such PICUS time is countersigned by the PIC;

Intrance
7th Jul 2021, 11:13
It has been a few years since I had any need for PICUS hours, but my electronic logbook allowed for signing via phone/tablet screen. I was not sure of the legality, so as a backup I printed out the flights done as PICUS in traditional logbook format and asked the relevant PIC for each flight to sign that printout as well. Had no issues with my CAA (Netherlands) but YMMV.

Check Airman
7th Jul 2021, 14:29
Some apps have a feature with just that problem in mind.