PDA

View Full Version : FE & FIC course providers

sluggums
24th Jun 2021, 20:49
I’m planning on doing the FE & FIC courses soon. There’s a handful of course providers, (Ontrack, CFT, Andrewsfield etc.) just looking for any feedback before I choose.

The Terminator
25th Jun 2021, 17:03
The Pilot Center.
You won't get better.

Duchess_Driver
26th Jun 2021, 13:01
Not sure Eva does FE stuff, but second the nomination for the FIC.

Tony Glover at Stapleford used to do the FE stuff.

Carols Team at Andrewsfield.

Thumbs up also for Craig at CFT Tattenhil.

sluggums
6th Jul 2021, 20:59
Cant see any FIC or FE courses at the pilot centre, but thanks for the info.

Duchess_Driver
8th Jul 2021, 07:23
From their website this morning….

The Pilot Centre - Instructor Course FI(R) (http://www.thepilotcentre.co.uk/instructor_course.php)

FredFlintstone
9th Jul 2021, 11:25
Hi all, looking to return to the UK in the coming months, does anyone have any recommendations for an FI course in the SW England at all? Haven't touched a light aircraft in nearly 30 years but have recently been forced to leave behind the airline world of long haul so a patient school and teacher would be good!

TheOddOne
9th Jul 2021, 16:57
Aviation South West at Exeter advertise FI courses.

The most westerly FIC in England. None in Cornwall.

TOO

sluggums
17th Jul 2021, 11:30
Apologies, crossed wires, I was meaning FIC Instructor course providers. To do the prep so that you can teach the FI course. So the FICI course.

Duchess_Driver
18th Jul 2021, 16:57
In that case, go see Craig and his team at CFT Tattenhill.

They can do the FE stuff as well.

sluggums
18th Jul 2021, 19:35
Cheers. Will have a chat with him.

Whopity
20th Jul 2021, 10:52
So the FICI course.
Officially there is no such course. Under JAR the CAA introduced a 2 day lead in course for anyone wanting to complete the FICI test with a Staff Examiner. Now EASA only require an assessment with a FIE however; the UK insist on that being a Staff FE if they can find one serviceable. I doubt that anyone advertises a course, but sitting in on an FI Course with another FICI is more common.

excrab
20th Jul 2021, 19:38
Hi all, looking to return to the UK in the coming months, does anyone have any recommendations for an FI course in the SW England at all? Haven't touched a light aircraft in nearly 30 years but have recently been forced to leave behind the airline world of long haul so a patient school and teacher would be good!

Maybe not quite the South West, but I’d recommend Hereford Aero club at Shobdon. Excellent FIC instructor, cheap rates for getting current at SEP before you do the FIC, cheap caravans to stay in and a good breakfast in the cafe…

sluggums
3rd Aug 2021, 08:30
Anyone used Carol Cooper before for the FE course?

sluggums
4th Aug 2021, 09:28
So there’s one course provider for the FE course at £480 and another at £1270, both excluding aircraft costs. Any ideas...?