PDA

View Full Version : South-East AME recommendations?

CrazyScientist
6th Jun 2021, 18:31
Hi there

Simple post, really - I recently moved to the South East (Berkshire) and am looking for a new AME. There seem to be quite a substantial number within commutable distance (would be fine driving up to ~30/40 miles, given it's only once a year, at most), according to the CAA database, so I was wondering if anyone had any personal recommendations?

I have already done my initial Class 1, so, going forwards, am looking for someone who can simply do Class 1/2 renewals.

Thanks

CS.

eckhard
6th Jun 2021, 21:04
Dr.Nomy Ahmed, Watford.

www.flyingmedicine.uk

Strong recommendation.

Rhodes13
7th Jun 2021, 13:29
I'd suggest there is a sizeable amount of EK pilots that would disagree with you about the above mentioned doctor. My personal experience with him in his capacity at EK was horrible and one I wouldn't wish on anyone. Hopefully he's changed his bedside manner in the intervening years.

Ridger
7th Jun 2021, 22:07
I'd suggest there is a sizeable amount of EK pilots that would disagree with you about the above mentioned doctor. My personal experience with him in his capacity at EK was horrible and one I wouldn't wish on anyone. Hopefully he's changed his bedside manner in the intervening years.

Sorry to hear that - for the benefit of the OP, I saw this doctor for my renewal and he was really nice!

wiggy
8th Jun 2021, 05:47
If you are up for a drive as far as Heathrow (well Longford actually)you might want to consider

https://www.heathrowmedical.com/contact/

I used to find the reception/office staff there whilst being efficient sometimes lacked a bit of warmth but in my experience the main AME, Samir Alvi, was a top bloke.