PDA

View Full Version : Twin Rental in Scotland

Blackshift
21st Aug 2002, 03:42
Is there such a thing anymore?

I'm hoping to obtain Multi/IR rating this Autumn and would like to maintain currency and gain twin-time in a real aeroplane in Scotland, rather than just waiting for renewal time to come up whilst looking around for a flying job.

Is hour building in the US the only option these days?

Circuit Basher
21st Aug 2002, 07:42
BRL - I have no commercial connection with any of the following!!! ;)

I was going to suggest Tayside Aviation at Dundee or Prestwick Flight Centre, as I felt those to be the most likely candidates, but checking the Flyer Web site appears that they don't offer multis. The Web entry for Moray Flying Club at RAF Kinloss indicates that they 'may' offer Multi training in 2002, but I'm not holding my breath!

Alternately, I know there is a multi occasionally based at Kirknewton, which is not a licensed airfield, so cannot be used for training. The owner may be sympathetic to leasing it to you, if you can find an instructor. I believe if you could work out a deal with him, then it would just be a case of a landing at a licensed airfield (poss Cumbernauld?) before the training could begin!

Feel free to email me if you want me to try to find out more (I am on the gliding staff at Kirknewton, so am there most weekends).

Flap40
21st Aug 2002, 10:20
Try tayflite (sp?) at Perth. They have a couple of PA-34's for IR training.

(Usual disclaimer about no connection etc)

BRL
21st Aug 2002, 10:28
BRL - I have no commercial connection with any of the following!!!
(Usual disclaimer about no connection etc)

I wish there were a bloody icon for banging my head against a wall.. :D :D :D :D

Blackshift
21st Aug 2002, 11:15
Flap 40,

Training with tayflite during Sept/Oct thanks! - just looking to maintain currency and hour-build afterwards.

Cicuit Basher,

Flying out of Kirknewton would be handy, since I live in Edinburgh - the last time I flew there was more years ago than I care to remember with the ATC in a Sedbergh. I'm interested in anything which might be available if you happen to find out more.

Cheers.