PDA

View Full Version : Jaa Licence Query

biped
20th Aug 2002, 22:12
Hello boys and girls.

Does anyone have any idea exactly which member states have the reciprocal licencing agreement. i.e. I've got a JAA licence. Where can I use it.

I previously attempted to answer this question by visiting the JAA website, however I strongly believe my computer attempted suicide due to the sheer gibberish overload. Managed to talk it down off the windowsill though and thought I might get more sense here.

Anyway, any answers appreciated.

Any correct answers appreciated more.

Cheers.:)

dick badcock
20th Aug 2002, 22:33
Well, the ones I know about are UK, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Iceland.

Heard somewhere that Spain and France have some special arrangements, where you need to sit national language Air Law exam, but I am very unsure about this, since it seems to defeat the whole purpose of a common European licence (job protection perhaps...?) Anyone who knows more about these countries please correct me if I am wrong! :)

JAA website is definitely written by lawyers!!!

DB

(Edited for spelling)

biped
22nd Aug 2002, 19:16
Cheers Mr Badcock.

Any advances on that?

Also, what are the chances of getting work with operators in Europe? Is everyone a bit insular or are they pretty free an easy?

25th Aug 2002, 15:15
The JAR-FCL 1 (Aeroplane) countries are: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK. At present JAR-FCL 2 (Helicopters) has only 2 countries in the system; Denmark and the UK. For more info on this, go HERE! (http://www.jaa.nl/licensing/licensing_overview.html) :)

biped
25th Aug 2002, 16:04
Cheers mate. You're a star!:)