PDA

View Full Version : Vale Graham Hawthorne

HANOI
15th Mar 2021, 23:40
Well known in PNG aviation circles , Graham Hawthorne passed away Saturday 13 March after a long illness . RIP.

Duck Pilot
16th Mar 2021, 05:20
Bugger, another good mate gone. Where did he pass away, at his home near Madang?

RIP Shaggs!

Anyone know where Graham’s brother Russel is these days?

Pinky the pilot
16th Mar 2021, 09:02
Bugger, another good mate gone.

+1.

Heard that he was not well, and had wanted to get back in touch for some time now but.....:(

Duck Pilot
16th Mar 2021, 09:19
He wasn’t well the last time I saw him, and that would have been about 10 years ago.

I seem to recall that he spelt his name Graym, although that was probably a Tok Pisin name as he was a PNG citizen and very proud of it and quite rightly so. Very sad loss.

Pinky the pilot
16th Mar 2021, 09:27
I seem to recall that he spelt his name Graym,

Thought it was Grym. At least I think that was the spelling he once mentioned, but that was around 30 years ago!

he was a PNG citizen and very proud of it and quite rightly so.

Certainly was!

Very sad loss.

Em nau!

Kagamuga
18th Mar 2021, 00:22
Been suggested he may have been on the Gold Coast; (unconfirmed) seeking medical attention.

Rosie Fehres
22nd Dec 2021, 01:55
Hi wantoks

I am Graham Hawthorne's sister so thank you for your kind comments regarding Graham's passing. Graham was only ill for a short period and passed away from an aggressive cancer. I notice there was someone asking of my brother Russell's whereabouts. If anyone would like to email me, my email address is [email protected]

I miss my big brother every day.

Rosie Hawthorne