PDA

View Full Version : Anglo American for Hour Building?

Goose1976
19th Aug 2002, 14:04
Just wondering if anyone has been to Anglo American Aviation, California and how they found it? I am due to go next month so any info would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

unclearthur
19th Aug 2002, 16:56
I have been there half a dozen times. AAA is a typical US based flight training centre with all the usual good and bad. They are a good bunch of blokes and you'll have a great time. The accommodation is excellent although you'll need transport to and from the airfield (a bike is useful and there are usually several around for loan). The aircraft are fine with a good selection. I have flown a C152, C172, PA28, PA28R-201, PA44 and BE76 with Anglo. All in reasonable nick, especially the multis which are hired in from Montgomery Field. Send me an e mail if you want to ask any specifics. My message is, go for it. By the way, their CFI (a Brit) is back in the UK for a month and I'm sure he wouldn't mind you ringing him up. I have his no if you want it.

Goose1976
23rd Aug 2002, 07:49
Thanks very much for that. I have had a bad experience once before with a flight school so I just wanted a general picture. I can safely say that you have put my mind at rest - Thankyou!