PDA

View Full Version : Flight Instructor Course +Job

NewPilot96
21st Nov 2020, 17:03
Hello

I just got my CPL/MEP/IR in an EASA country and of course i want to find a job as soon as possible (yes i know there are many others like me in this situation due to COVID-19).

So the question(s) is....a Flight Instructor Course is worth right now?The flight schools are still hiring?Is it possible to sign a contract with a flight school for the FI course and then they will hire me?And last and most important question...can i take some kind of loan or at least a semi sponsored or (even fully sponsored with just bond) course?

Every answer is appreciated,blue skies and safe landings!

eagleflyer
23rd Nov 2020, 15:31
Itīs not as if nobody was learning to fly at the moment. Iīm busy as can be, as are many fellow instructors. But itīs true, there are quite a few airline pilots pushing into the FI business now, either re-validating their FI or just completing the course. As a fresh CPL pilot I would not be so sure whether it was a good idea to do the course, especially if you plan to make a living from it. Itīs easily five figures worth, or about 500hrs block time working as an FI.

Klimax
23rd Nov 2020, 18:32
Itīs not as if nobody was learning to fly at the moment. Iīm busy as can be, as are many fellow instructors. But itīs true, there are quite a few airline pilots pushing into the FI business now, either re-validating their FI or just completing the course. As a fresh CPL pilot I would not be so sure whether it was a good idea to do the course, especially if you plan to make a living from it. Itīs easily five figures worth, or about 500hrs block time working as an FI.

Would those "airline pilots" be aiming at doing the IR training part of the flight instruction. Most fresh CPL to FI pilots naturally wouldn't qualify to to the IR training - wouldn't that leave space for "everybody" to do their part? or is there another reality I'm missing? Cheers.