PDA

View Full Version : CPL conversion question!!

natashacabin80
20th Nov 2020, 12:50
Hi,

I have a question regarding converting an FAA CPL ME/IR to EASA FATPL. I did all my atpl with Austro control (initial medical with astro control as well) and want to convert with a Swedish ATO.
The ATO is going to do an assessment with me and then apply for reduced training.

My question is if the ATO is going to apply of reduced training to the Swedish CAA or with Austro Control? (the ATO thinks they have to contact their authority swedish CAA but I dont think so)

Anyone that can help me out here

thanks

Jhieminga
20th Nov 2020, 15:19
If the ATO is registered in Sweden, they will apply to their CAA, but as both are EASA states, the end result should be the same.

Whopity
20th Nov 2020, 20:37
Each element can be done in a seperate State so long as its complete and you have the correct paperwork at the end, then any other EASA State must accept it. As stated the ATO only needs to deal with the NAA with whom they are approved.

Klimax
23rd Nov 2020, 19:36
Each element can be done in a seperate State so long as its complete and you have the correct paperwork at the end, then any other EASA State must accept it. As stated the ATO only needs to deal with the NAA with whom they are approved.

There might well be be specific requirements outlined by the individual EASA member state, as the issuing state of the license, as outlined in this document: https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/Examiner%20Differences%20Document_version_2020Q4.pdf

Since you don't have an EASA license issued yet, I would assume that doing the license "conversion" with a Swedish ATO - would lead to the issuing state being Sweden.

Good luck with it all. Cheers.

Whopity
25th Nov 2020, 19:01
Since you don't have an EASA license issued yet, I would assume that doing the license "conversion" with a Swedish ATO - would lead to the issuing state being Sweden.

Why? He stated that I did all my atpl with Austro control (initial medical with astro control as well)
The licence can only be issued by the State that holds the medical records.