PDA

View Full Version : What was my instructor actually thinking about me?

tae9141
9th Nov 2020, 17:26
Did my first recurrent sim training after a long ground time thanks to COVID-19, did with senior captain on 4hr session.

Have not flown for a while, and doing this thing for the first time made me so nervous but everything went fine except few things.

Instructor is a Boeing IP and during the debrief he was filling out the evaluation gradesheet and asks me "have you flown the B7XX before?" and I was like whats the story behind asking that question.?(maybe he was impressed of my flying or sth...)

We all did short ice breaker prior to prebrief and he knew I was a newbie to the type and have not flown the AC for long time yet I am not sure what he was thinking behind that question...

Whopity
9th Nov 2020, 19:38
I would have thought it rather obvious. He could have said have you ever flown an aeroplane before?

extreme P
10th Nov 2020, 01:25
What does the evaluation sheet say? Should tell you what he was thinking.

You either did really really good. Or really really poorly.

Jhieminga
10th Nov 2020, 07:36
What are the chances of us being able to answer that question? I'd say slim to non-existent as we were not there and don't know whether the few things you mentioned involved rolling the a/c inverted after an engine failure. It's probably best to review your own performance objectively and go from there.

212man
18th Nov 2020, 15:31
Well, if it's RECURRENT and on a Boeing, the inference is that you are type rated and have flown it before - therefore the question would seem to have negative overtones......