PDA

View Full Version : Emb. 145 Regional Jet

interestedparty
17th Aug 2002, 14:18
Hi,
I have done a lot of flights as SLF in this type, which I can't say I particularly enjoy travelling in.
There seem to be several issues/incidents reported..........
What are the views of the guys with the experience to make a reasoned judgement.
JB

interestedparty
17th Aug 2002, 16:50
Thanks, but it's not my comfort I am really concerned with, although I certainly agree that the Canadian CRJ series is superior from that point of view.
Frankly B....n who operate these out of my local airport (built for training military crews in bad weather operations!) seem to have some major reliability issues, still that's also the case with practically anything else they can lay their hands on.

Hand Solo
19th Aug 2002, 00:04
Well if its the same B....n that I'm thinking of then I'm infomed by their crews that everything worked fine, including the aircraft, until they were taken over/merged to become B..X (missing letters are not ollo;) ) I don't think theres a safety angle to your concern as the aircraft that dispatch are all perfectly airworthy. The main problem is that as the big management skimp and save on engineering manpower and spares they simply don't have the parts/people to operate any semblance of a reliable service as large numbers of the aircraft are tech at any time. Classic BA pedigree management.

erjdriver
20th Aug 2002, 02:49
I fly the erj and I love it. It has quite a few glitches, but once you get to know her, she's actually a nice bird.
I fly quite frequently on the CRJ, and I must tell you, I don't find it any better than the EMB. On the contrary, the single seats are a bonus.
The airplane is cheaper because she's made in Brazil and she came in the market after the CRJ. She wouldn't be used by such companies as Continental Express, American Eagle ans Crossair if she would be much inferior to the CRJ.

PEACE