PDA

View Full Version : Contract Compliance Cancelled

Angel 8
3rd Oct 2020, 09:41
Cancelling Contract compliance means that we no longer have to comply with the Terms of our contract.
So why should the company comply with their side of the contract?
The free for all season has now started... Good luck, and God bless us all.

smogluver
3rd Oct 2020, 12:23
To all those people who crossed the line you are infamous and never off the hook

Xwindldg
3rd Oct 2020, 12:25
Name one positive thing that contract compliance/ training ban achieved?

Rie
3rd Oct 2020, 12:58
Smoglover, just remember that a number of our illustrious Austronauts are those black listed from Australia and their 1989 issue.

Angel 8
3rd Oct 2020, 13:04
Name one positive thing that contract compliance/ training ban achieved?

Simple answer... very little, as we should've complied and stuck to contract from day 1 of our employment.
The flaw was the lack of ban on overtime. Had that been in place then we may have got something out of it.
Too late now. We just let it slip away. Shame really

OK4Wire
3rd Oct 2020, 21:12
Cancelling Contract compliance means that we no longer have to comply with the Terms of our contract.

Interesting take on that. I would have thought complying with the terms of your contract was a legal requirement, not dictated by a union leader.

Farman Biplane
3rd Oct 2020, 22:09
When do we get new lanyards? Will they be “rainbow” coloured this time?

hyg
4th Oct 2020, 02:20
When do we get new lanyards? Will they be “rainbow” coloured this time?
isn't it Pink month??

Sam Ting Wong
4th Oct 2020, 05:14
Take 25 % of your annual salary and have a good look at that number.

This is what the vote that lead to CC has cost you.

And counting.

unitedabx
4th Oct 2020, 05:53

And counting.
Sam. You can't say that BUT the percentage is about right.

Piet Lood
4th Oct 2020, 07:15

And counting.

Aaaaaand here we go again.
Sam, the guy, who is complaining about “tired old arguments” stating and assuming that the same group of people who fired 49 pilots, are complicit in 2 deaths, perjured themselves in court, violated multiple aspects of his contract, tore up your rostering practices, used and abused their pilots for decades would have paid him 25% more salary if we all would have just played nice.
STW, you are so full of it, and probably always will be.

ACMS
4th Oct 2020, 07:44
Smoglover, just remember that a number of our illustrious Austronauts are those black listed from Australia and their 1989 issue.

No, not in the slightest bit correct and I was there in ‘89

unitedabx
4th Oct 2020, 09:15
No, not in the slightest bit correct and I was there in ‘89
As Jimmy Hoffer always said, "Once a scab, always a scab". But look what happened to Jimmy !

Sam Ting Wong
4th Oct 2020, 09:40
Aaaaaand here we go again.
Sam, the guy, who is complaining about “tired old arguments” stating and assuming that the same group of people who fired 49 pilots, are complicit in 2 deaths, perjured themselves in court, violated multiple aspects of his contract, tore up your rostering practices, used and abused their pilots for decades would have paid him 25% more salary if we all would have just played nice.
STW, you are so full of it, and probably always will be.

Piet, one question please. Did you join Cathay before or after the 49er incident?

Piet Lood
4th Oct 2020, 09:57
You know the answer to that question, or at least you should.
Your point?

Sam Ting Wong
4th Oct 2020, 10:05
No, I don't know the answer, which is why I am asking.

Oasis
4th Oct 2020, 10:26
I think he means he’s from after. (Hence the defensiveness)

cxorcist
4th Oct 2020, 12:56
Piet, one question please. Did you join Cathay before or after the 49er incident?
What difference would that make? It happened. It was awful. It will forever stain CX. It is instructive about how we should view our employer. Yes, it was 19 years ago now. CX has changed, but I’m not sure for the better. The PR is slicker, but the core of the Company hasn’t changed all that much. You don’t have to be in CX for over two decades to know this.

Sam Ting Wong
4th Oct 2020, 13:56
I think you are both fully aware of the implications ;-)

Slasher1
4th Oct 2020, 15:08
As Jimmy Hoffer always said, "Once a scab, always a scab". But look what happened to Jimmy !
Jimmy was right.

Although it's a little known fact that he lived well into old age mostly in a houseboat on Lake Erie graciously provided by Anthony Provenzano. With the agreement he keep a low profile.

He did have Elvis over a few times though.

Piet Lood
4th Oct 2020, 15:39
I think you are both fully aware of the implications ;-)

No, I don’t know the implications, hence the questions about what your bloody point is ;-)

As for 19 years ago: how long ago did they tear up your rostering practises, because they couldn’t get their way in “normal” negotiations (if there ever was such a thing)?
Speaking of which: whatever happened to that court case in which cx was challenged for not following the HKG labour laws any more (1 in 7) ;-)

Angel 8
4th Oct 2020, 16:25
Interesting take on that. I would have thought complying with the terms of your contract was a legal requirement, not dictated by a union leader.

Exactly my point. So when the aoa says “end of contract compliance” WHAT DOES this actually mean?
Are they now saying that their legal team told them that we don’t have to? and if I did, will they expel me from the aoa?

Sam Ting Wong
5th Oct 2020, 01:44
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uTobQrWY1Ik

Get.over.it
5th Oct 2020, 02:30
Contract compliance is doing the same thing that the union is doing...nothing at all

Piet Lood
5th Oct 2020, 03:26
Exactly my point. So when the aoa says “end of contract compliance” WHAT DOES this actually mean?
Are they now saying that their legal team told them that we don’t have to? and if I did, will they expel me from the aoa?

Why don’t you walk into their offices and ask them what it means.
It always amazed me how many of us are/were not able to read between the lines and understand there are/were certain things they couldn’t put down in writing.
But what I really don’t understand is that how few of us could have been bothered to find out.
It’s only your career and earnings we’re talking about.
All these “great” ideas that are coming out now that cc is over.
Have you ever talked to your union rep about it?
Oh no, I forgot, they are and always have been useless.

@STW: sorry, my glasses must be really thick, because I still don’t get your point. Must be me.

unitedabx
5th Oct 2020, 03:47
Jimmy was right.

Although it's a little known fact that he lived well into old age mostly in a houseboat on Lake Erie graciously provided by Anthony Provenzano. With the agreement he keep a low profile.

He did have Elvis over a few times though.

The "snowflakes" don't know who Jimmy Hoffer was !
Now if Jimmy had been running the HKAOA ........................................... !!!

Freehills
5th Oct 2020, 05:03
The "snowflakes" don't know who Jimmy Hoffer was !
Now if Jimmy had been running the HKAOA ........................................... !!!

Hoffa, not Hoffer...

I guess the implication is that anyone who joined post 49ers should have known exactly what they were joining

Piet Lood
5th Oct 2020, 05:42
Thanks Freehills, now I get it.
So you think STW also infers those people should just STFU and let themselves be steamrolled into bankruptcy (like cx did to some UK-and Australian based guys when they illegally took control of their tax affairs and gave them illegal directives to finalise their tax affairs in HKG)?

But in that case, he’s contraDICKting himself.
Why would the people who we KNEW mistreated their pilot population so badly, give those same pilots 25% more salary just for playing nice?

STW, like you, I am sick of tired old arguments, but from my vantage point it is YOU who keeps spouting the same old bull**** over and over.
My salary slip wouldn’t include 25% more money if we wouldn’t have been in cc all these years.
Neither you nor I can prove our theory, because it’s all “ancient” history now, but let’s see what happens now that cc is over.
With your stellar argumentation we should all get a 25% payrise in the upcoming 5(?) years?
Oh wait, COVID; there’s always an out for people like you. Are you Lindsey Graham or Ted Cruz?

unitedabx
5th Oct 2020, 06:33
Hoffa, not Hoffer...

I guess the implication is that anyone who joined post 49ers should have known exactly what they were joining

Yes HOFFA Sorry my spellcheck gone bananas.

YellowFever777
5th Oct 2020, 06:57
Yes HOFFA Sorry my spellcheck gone bananas.

Seriously. You can transfer your pilot skills to being a spell checker. Stimulating debate beyond you. Spellcheck please.

TheDrop
11th Oct 2020, 10:29
So why did J.Lo lose the job and why did plenty of us freighter pilots tow the line by going to the airport in the middle of the night, although the flight was cancelled/delayed again ?

I failed to see the purpose then and I fail to see the purpose now.

About the fired colleague, I believe the words the company used were “wilful neglect”

Angel 8
14th Oct 2020, 13:26
And now, the union agreement is cancelled too, along with all the other agreements.
This Friday... That Friday... Halloween? It doesn’t really matter anymore.
The company will publish their plans sooner or later, some disappointments, some expected, and some surprises.

cabbages
14th Oct 2020, 14:15
And now, the union agreement is cancelled too, along with all the other agreements.
This Friday... That Friday... Halloween? It doesn’t really matter anymore.
The company will publish their plans sooner or later, some disappointments, some expected, and some surprises.

It does matter to some of us. Announce the decision and let us get on with our lives.

pfvspnf
15th Oct 2020, 05:41
Any Nigerians or West Africans affected in CPA?

fly1981
15th Oct 2020, 06:03
Any Nigerians or West Africans affected in CPA?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
what on earth does that have to do with anything?

pfvspnf
15th Oct 2020, 06:50
Wanted to help the broda come back home

Farman Biplane
19th Oct 2020, 01:41
Still waiting for my transparent, see through, not quite there, “free” HKAOA lanyard reflecting the end of recognition and TB/CC.
Are we still meant to be wearing the red one?