PDA

View Full Version : 737 Flight Simulator

mesh
29th Sep 2020, 09:48
I wonder if anybody has any knowledge of setting up from purchase a fixed base or motion 737 simulator. I’m looking into starting a sim business in addition to the day job and am starting to test the water on all things sim business. If anybody knows of a sim for sale, or has any advice on how to approach such a set up I would appreciate it. My thoughts would be a 787-800 sim run and managed by myself and friends(All current Airline FD) for amateurs and professionals.

Also any info if you have used a sim for interview prep etc and price paid, usefulness etc would be great.

Thanks for any wisdom

Googlebug
29th Sep 2020, 12:07
Lots of options, nothing cheap. For anything vaguely realistic that a professional would be happy practicing in your looking at c£100k investment for fixed base new. There are few about, but it goes without saying try before you buy. Many companies will sell them modular, so you can set up left seat only at half the cost almost.

You can go for a much more amateur, lots of people creating realistic looking bits using a MDF shell, and then run off a common software model like FS sim/X plane with some professional add ins. This will be much cheaper prob under 20k but the aerodynamic modelling will not be useful for professional users. Much more of a gimmick sale.

I went though the planning 7/8 years ago with a A320 model. But decided with cost of a place to put it, the cost I’d have to charge to a customer Wouldn’t make it attractive. I tried several amateur set ups and decided the professional route was the only useful direction to make sure I had the widest range of customers. In the end I didn’t have the start up capital required and didn’t trust there would be a return on investment.

Less Hair
29th Sep 2020, 12:15
This is what the FAA will accept for limited training purposes. Typically a combination of software and hardware will be certified: This is not about eye candy.
https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/afx/afs/afs800/afs810/media/FAA_Approved_Airplane_ATDs.pdf

paco
29th Sep 2020, 12:31
There looks to be quite a nice fixed base one on fleabay....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flight-Simulator-Cockpit-Boeing-737-2-Seater/324306221570?hash=item4b82283a02:g:WMgAAOSwlyBeSXbd

excrab
29th Sep 2020, 20:01
Google “opencockpits” they have a complete B737 fixed base sim for 37000 Euros, if the web site is up to date. Looks pretty much like the real thing in the photo’s.

samluvsplanes
30th Sep 2020, 20:46
I wonder if anybody has any knowledge of setting up from purchase a fixed base or motion 737 simulator. I’m looking into starting a sim business in addition to the day job and am starting to test the water on all things sim business. If anybody knows of a sim for sale, or has any advice on how to approach such a set up I would appreciate it. My thoughts would be a 787-800 sim run and managed by myself and friends(All current Airline FD) for amateurs and professionals.

Also any info if you have used a sim for interview prep etc and price paid, usefulness etc would be great.

Thanks for any wisdom

i might be selling my full setup if ur interested.
Simon