PDA

View Full Version : Srg form for National UK ATPL issue

Manual Reversion
12th Aug 2020, 18:06
I wonder if anyone can help.
i am being asked as Head of Training for a small ATO how to acquire a UK national professional licence. This is as a result of Covid redundancy in the airlines and their EASA licence being converted to a new state. Having worked my way down the list of forms on the CAA, I cannot find a form to fit. I have called the CAA and been told they don’t know, but if they have an EASA licence that’s all they need.I have emailed the examiners at the aforementioned establishment and received no reply in three weeks. Time is running short as the EASA licences will soon have to be converted .
i would be most grateful for any guidance.

LastStandards
12th Aug 2020, 19:37
If they hold a current FCL compliant licence issued by any EASA Member State other than the UK (since we're not technically a MS now, but are treated as such) then that licence will be automatically validated on G reg aircraft from January 1st until the first expiry of relevant ratings. Any UK National licence issued at the moment does not allow flight on EASA type aircraft, and in a discouraging oddity is unlikely to next year since the initial Statutory Instrument covering withdrawal with no deal retains the current principles, and will restrict non-FCL licences to flying "non-Part 21 aircraft" with Part 21 aircraft being those that are currently classed as EASA aircraft. Something that could so easily have been done overnight on December 31st.....

I am told from recent meetings that the forms to issue UK-FCL licences for non-UK EASA FCL holders will be live by January 1st. Hopefully. All dependent on the political process of withdrawal of course, since at the moment the CAA do not know what the withdrawal format or allowances will truly be. The "no deal" legal arrangements are presented in SI 2019/645 on the uk.gov site. Only 152 pages.

ASRAAMTOO
13th Aug 2020, 14:17
So here's a related question. On the 1st January when my EASA ATPL becomes a UK one again does it go back to having a built in IMC rating?

topoverhaul
13th Aug 2020, 14:58
I believe the UK CAA has stopped issuing UK licences and is waiting for the introduction of "UK Part FCL" licences on January 1st.
All non-UK Part FCL holders can continue to fly G registered aircraft for at least two years. It may be that one will have to surrender a non-UK Part FCL Licence in order to obtain a UK Part FCL Licence as one's medical records will have to be transferred to the UK if a UK Licence is required.

Whopity
13th Aug 2020, 15:47
There has not been a specific form for a UK ATPL for a number of years now.
On conversion of UK National or JAR-FCL licence to a Part FCL Licence SRG1104 has been the form used. Anyone you ticked the box on that form to retain a UK National Licence was issued with a Lifetime UK ATPL so one could say that is the only appropriate form. It worked for me.

LastStandards
14th Aug 2020, 19:53
All non-UK Part FCL holders can continue to fly G registered aircraft for at least two years. It may be that one will have to surrender a non-UK Part FCL Licence in order to obtain a UK Part FCL Licence as one's medical records will have to be transferred to the UK if a UK Licence is required.

Sort of, but... All UK issued EASA FCL licences will - probably - automatically become UK FCL licences on January 1st. Gaining a UK FCL licence while holding an EASA FCL licence from a different state would be an additional licence rather than a transfer, since our non-EASA status will mean that it is essentially the recognition of an ICAO licence, but with the courtesy of not requiring further training/testing. Unfortunately SI 2019/645 is clear that the 2 year period of automatic recognition of EASA licences to fly G reg aircraft is in practice a) a maximum of 2 years (so could be curtailed) b) only until the rating/certificate being used expires. I am already advising a few AOC companies with non UK EASA licences to fly an additional LPC in December to give their pilots a full 12 months to get the issue of a UK FCL licence sorted!!