PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada

arthur harbrow
15th Aug 2002, 21:06
Recently flew with Air Canada to the US and although it took me
47 hours to get there, late flight,missed connection, i was as usual treated very well by Air Canada.
I always used to fly with the magnificent Wardair,then made the mistake of using Continental.Apart from TWA i think the Canadian
airlines i have used are superior to their American counterparts.
Would be interested in other views.

AtlPax
16th Aug 2002, 06:03
I flew with them once about two years ago (ATL-YYZ) and I found the service was fine. :)

I've heard some negative things said about Air Canada from some Canadian friends I have, though.

canberra
16th Aug 2002, 17:01
ive flown twice with them. second time i was in seat 1a, i could get used to that!

Eboy
17th Aug 2002, 17:15
For many years I've had good experiences with Air Canada between the U.S. and Canada, often code sharing with United. My only complaint (which I have made before) with travel from Canada (on any airline) are the long lines to pay the $10 CAN airport improvement fee in Vancouver and Montreal. I don't know why they don't put that into the price of the ticket.

Compared to better U.S. airlines, I think Air Canada is similar under normal conditions. You had a bad experience and it sounds as if Air Canada made the extra effort to help you. How would a U.S. carrier do in the face of a passenger with multiple difficulties? Not as well, I expect. Not to blame the staff you encounter -- I see that as an upper-management issue, with the staff wanting to do a better job but not having the resources to do so.

Rollingthunder
17th Aug 2002, 19:11
Eboy,

In Vancouver anyway, you can pay the dreaded airport improvement fee by credit card at an automated machine. There are quite a few of them around and usually never have a line-up. When walking through the terminals I have to chuckle at the long lines waiting to pay manually while the machines just sit there neglected.

Eboy
21st Aug 2002, 15:10
Is that so!?! I'll look next time. Thanks, Rollingthunder.