PDA

View Full Version : Poster Profile

wowzz
14th Jul 2020, 12:35
Everytime I select the last post on a topic, from the thread list, the profile of the poster appears, prior to the post.
Just downright annoying. Is there any way to fix it, or am I the only one having this issue.

Blues&twos
14th Jul 2020, 13:09
I see it too, but haven't found it annoying yet.

Kiltrash
14th Jul 2020, 15:03
Seems to have been a 'update' 2 days ago. Only affecting phone not laptop. Sure there will be a ' fix' along soon......said the man from Airbus

wowzz
14th Jul 2020, 15:44
Seems to have been a 'update' 2 days ago. Only affecting phone not laptop. Sure there will be a ' fix' along soon......said the man from Airbus
Affects my tablet, as well as phone.

Harley Quinn
14th Jul 2020, 18:13
Affects my tablet, as well as phone.

Maybe affecting the OS; Android or IOS, rather than the type of device

IBobi
14th Jul 2020, 23:15
I suspect you are accidentally clicking the name of the last poster, rather than the small arrow next to it that you mean to click. Try clicking a pixel or two to the right.

Blues&twos
15th Jul 2020, 05:00
Hi IBobi,

This happens every time I click on any thread main title too - for example if I click on the "Formula 1" main header in Jet Blast, it briefly displays the original thread starter's profile - in this case G-CPTN.
It's not just clumsy fingers.

Harley Quinn
15th Jul 2020, 06:25
I suspect you are accidentally clicking the name of the last poster, rather than the small arrow next to it that you mean to click. Try clicking a pixel or two to the right.

No IBobi , I have not changed my use of this site. And for a bunch of users to, at the same time, lose the ability to use their fingers accurately is stretching stuff a bit. I do know my device; a Samsung S9 had a system update in this same period, I don't know what the other guys suffering this are using, perhaps they could provide some details?

Blues&twos
15th Jul 2020, 07:27
I am using a Sony Xperia running Android 7.1.1
(Nougat).
No update to my device before noticing this issue.

ZFT
15th Jul 2020, 09:21
Have the same annoying issue on Android mobile. No change in my viewing habits either.

IBobi
15th Jul 2020, 19:39
If this is just a brief "flash" of another page before the thread appears as normal, I suspect it is just a Cloudflare blip as the software protects us against an ongoing ddos attack, and it will go away when the thread subsides.

mikemmb
16th Jul 2020, 08:09
I have started to get the “profile blip” as well, iPhone 7, latest iOS, no ad block.
Just a short, less than a second, flash of the poster‘s profile before the actual post is loaded.

Senior Pilot
16th Jul 2020, 09:34
I’m experiencing the same on iPhone, using the ‘new’ PPRuNe through Safari. Sometimes a brief ~2 second flash, other times ~15+ seconds.

It doesn’t happen when using the ‘old’ format through a browser, however.